Author Topic: Kancolle Kai 4: The Day the Pasta became superior.  (Read 70261 times)

Fetch()tirade

• serial time-waster
Re: Kancolle Kai 4: Summer Time fun with the Kanmusus!
« Reply #60 on: July 15, 2016, 09:57:27 PM »
Can we just get Mamiya and Irako as regular ships in the game? I don't care if they do anything good, though boosting morale regen seems appropriate.

AzyWng

• "I was a dumb American in a place where dumb Americans were less popular than the clap."
  • "So this was it. My easy retirement."
« Reply #61 on: July 16, 2016, 02:33:40 AM »
Can we just get Mamiya and Irako as regular ships in the game? I don't care if they do anything good, though boosting morale regen seems appropriate.
Well, Akashi and Ooyodo are in the game, and they appear in the menus as well...

« Reply #62 on: July 18, 2016, 11:35:52 AM »
Is stockpiling resources past a ~28k soft cap necessary for easy difficulty?

100k in all fields seems excessive. Though some of you seemed to have spent more than 25k in the previous event on hard.

Ruka

• Lab Syndrome
  • "Even a failure produces valid results."
    • Ruka Sari Sari
« Reply #63 on: July 18, 2016, 11:47:18 AM »
You can never have too many resources.

Fetch()tirade

• serial time-waster
« Reply #64 on: July 18, 2016, 04:11:26 PM »
For easy you need moderately leveled ships, passable standard equipment (guns, torps, planes), and maybe some specialized equipment like T3 shells. After that, stock up on buckets and resources in that order.

« Reply #65 on: July 21, 2016, 12:47:26 PM »

Ran into this guy doing PvP dailies.
In the far future I aspire to be the same except with Taihou.

Totaku

• The Traveling Otaku of Gensokyo
  • I want to be a little NEET moon princess
« Reply #66 on: July 24, 2016, 10:14:35 PM »

Ran into this guy doing PvP dailies.
In the far future I aspire to be the same except with Taihou.

The same with Isuzu if possible. But I have a tendency to focus on all the kanmusus. :v

Anyways I'm going to discuss about some stuff I wanted to talk about for the last few weeks, but haven't had a chance because I've been occupied with alot of stuff as of late. So let's take a moment to discuss some things:

Take those old fighter planes and to turn them into something better and new.

Did you know that a tweet posted a few weeks back the devs noted that it was possible to convert planes that you modified via Akashi's workshop and have the modified effect carry over when you convert it?

If you didn't know this, you should now!

Basiclly, if you're making planes to do some of the plane conversion quests, it's strongly recommended that you consider taking a old plane that is needed for the quest (let's say we use the monthly Conversion Quest that invovles the Type 21 fighter) and do the following:

• Take a Type 21 Fighter and work on modifying it all the way to Max stars via Akashi's Workshop (Note this will require a total of 17 Type 21 fighters and 2500 bauxite assuming you do not have any failed attempt)
  • Boost Plane Expertise To Type 21 to it's max and then convert!
  • You now have a max star Type 21 skilled Fighter!
  • Boost expertise of Type 21 Skilled Fighter to max for second conversion quest line and completion conversion requirements!
  • You now have a max star Type 52 skilled Fighter!

By doing this you can actually save on the cost it would take to modify a fully converted plane in the long run since most of the planes that are offered for modification will cost more screws and bauxite compared to the weaker planes.

So basiclly, if you have access to do quests such as the converting your fighter into an Iwamoto Fighter Quest Chain, Then consider max modifying the plane first in it's earliest stages so it can be fully transferred the final conversion!

Since all fighters get a +2 AA bonus upon max modification, let's say by doing the quest I demonstrated here to turn a Type 21 fighter into a Type 52 Skilled, I've managed to turn out a plane that is now currently better than a Reppu! (+10 AA Reppu vs. +11 AA with maxed Type 52 skilled) All while saving on resources!

This here is probably a good thing to practice if you're a veteran admiral who want to work on powering up his planes before events.

Just keep in mind.... make sure you have enough planes for both your carriers and possibly your land based air squadrons by the time the event rolls in.

Also for the admirals who already converted these planes long before this happened? Welp, better have lots of Bauxite, screws and Type 52s around cause you're going to need them to modify your fully converted planes

The Kancolle Summer Maid Cafe + Irako's Sake Shop

In Japan right now, there has been announced two Kancolle themed cafes that'll be open over the course of one month.

One will take place over at Akihabara which will be the Kancolle Summer Cafe
Here you can purchase food, enjoy a nice Summer theme experience and get a chance to rent out some Summer swim gear and buy some special Kancolle merchandise such as Littorio , Yuudachi, Sharatsuyu Beach Towels and so forth!

http://www.inside-games.jp/article/2016/07/14/100341.html

Second there's is also going to be an Irako Sake Shop which will be open in Yokusuka later this month which will offer fine dining meals ranging from sweet and drinks during the daytime, and Sake, Beer, and other finer meals at night! There will also be special Kancolle Merchandise being given out there as well.

http://www.bpnavi.jp/sp/35

Kancolle Annual Naval Review Vol 3.

Mentioned several times before, the annual Kancolle Meet up that takes place at Yokohama Naval Base (known as the Kancolle Naval Review Meeting) will be happening on August 7th. This is where Kadokawa is likely to go all out with what they have to offers in terms of Kancolle merchandise and also give people who have been allowed to attend this meeting to get a first word look on the upcoming Summer Event and things coming up in the future in Kancolle in general.

Kancolle Arcade

Kancolle Arcade has grown rapidly in popularity and thus is getting a far better treatment than Kancolle Kai did (Kai kinda died quickly since it was poorly executed and was more of an Iowa Hype Engine).

Admirals have been going to spend thier money quite frequently on the Arcade in Japan and it still had long lines that can range from 30 minutes to hours in most locations. And thanks to it's surging popularty the Arcade has gotten several update following it's release.

So far we: Got Nagato, Mutsu, some additional members of the Fubuki-Class added, Nachi, Haguro, Ashigara, Yukikaze, Mutsuki, Kisaragi, Ayanami, Shikinami added into all Arcade Cabinate along with the inital roster!

We had the ability to buy furniture, in the Arcade and also had a revision of the development room

And probably most recently, the introduction to Anti-Submarine Warfare into the Arcade machine which mean yes, now Sub Abyssals are now in the Arcade game and from what I've seen it's an elaborate game of "Hide and seek"

Kagerou, Kuroshio, and Shiranui are coming out in later this month and with the arcade showing no change of slowing down we can only assume the Arcade Version going to just continue to gain momentum with time if they can pace out the content carefully like they have with the browser game.

Wonfest Summer 2016

As of yesterday Wonfest had taken place! And lots of figures have been announced!

I won't go too deep into detail here but you can run through the listing here to see what's present. There are however plenty of Kancolle Nendroids (Also Touhou's Yuuka is getting a Nendroid too) and Max Factory Figma that are planned out for the future though.

http://whl4u.jp/wh24/gallery/en/#/

But if you want to enter the realm of the unusual how about a 1:1 Full Scale Kashima Figure

Yes, a fully human size Kashima figure.... while it was only up for display the rumor is the price this figure will go for once completed will be.... 20,000,000 yen. So yes, I hope you have your checkbooks ready cause this one is going to be a figure to remember.

Kancolle Summer Event Related News

Well so far we gotten some additional news feed regarding the event for those that are curious so lemme explain to you what we should be expecting for the event so far:

1. Event is expected to be Medium-Scale Sized so you're looking at around 4-5 maps big
2. It's Recommended that you prepare your ships and your air forces. (Basiclly prepare your ship girls and get some good decent planes ready)
Additional Note: I recommend having planes ready for both your carriers and your Land Based Air Squadrons since that's almost a given

3. Admirals planning to play on higher difficulties are suggested to have a large, diverse fleet. (Suggests Multi-staged single maps, alternet debuffing paths, and possible ship locking)
4. Currently more than one new ship girl is confirmed to appear in this event (One which was hinted back in May being a missing member of the Mutsuki-Class)
5. One of the new ship girls will be a Large Foreign Ship Girl!

This is all the information that is known for now. And with that known we now can say that we are expecting a large ship girl that is bound to appear, which could be anywhere between a CA, a CV or a BB at this rate.... American, German, or Italian.... pick your poison as they're all fair game at this point.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2016, 10:23:52 PM by Totaku »
That's one small step for man, one giant leap for Otaku Kind.
Tsunami Channel Home of  Japanese webcomics Artist Akira Hasegawa.
My Deviant Art site gallery
Now I Twitter

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #67 on: July 25, 2016, 04:15:20 AM »
5. One of the new ship girls will be a Large Foreign Ship Girl!
Come oooooooooon Enterpriiiiiiiiise.

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
  • Just chilling like a hermit.
« Reply #68 on: July 25, 2016, 01:57:01 PM »
Warspite please!
My danmakucopter goes pew pew pew!

Check out my newb PAD box it's a thing right?

« Reply #69 on: July 26, 2016, 12:55:24 PM »
Should I get the two construction docks or ship and equipment slots?

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
« Reply #70 on: July 26, 2016, 01:09:57 PM »

What's your current ship/equipment slots looking like?

Fetch()tirade

• serial time-waster
« Reply #71 on: July 26, 2016, 11:27:43 PM »
Wouldn't recommend construction slots, you should be swimming in blowtorches if you do your dailies.

Totaku

« Reply #72 on: July 27, 2016, 06:12:45 AM »

I think the first I was to ask is, did you buy your repair docks.

If no, I would recommend that since having extra repair docks can be very important.

If yes, then I'll proceed with the next question:

How many open slots do you have available for your kanmusu? If you are less than 20 I recommend some home base expansion. You will need them if you happen to start collecting lots of new Kanmusu you don't own.

And this applies ESPECIALLY if you have Akashi. Since if you have her modifying your equipment is equally as important as training your kanmusus.

This especially will apply to off seasons where you train clones to farm equipment for modification purposes.

As an alternative suggestion: Have you ever considered a Dock expansion for your ship composition recording? You start out with 3, but you can have up to 8 in total. 3 should be doable, but if you seek for convinence, you can always look into expanding your fleet recording slots so you can have extra slots to quick select fleets outside of your expedition team and the like.... but that's an optional thing.

Expanding construction docks is not something I recommend though since most ships can be built easily and farming the instant construction is very easy thus making the idea of construction expansion almost a moot point.

So if I had to choose between the choices you provided, Home Base Expansion.

Also lemme note that August 1st will be a maintenance update.

The main thing to note regarding the update is that:

1. There will be some small additional Summer CG art that'll be added (Yamato and possibly some others)
2. Maximum Main Base Expansion will happen (giving an extra 10 ship and 40 equipment to purchase)
3. Kancolle Android should become available to all players following this update.
4. Preparing stuff for event....

Also as for tonight June Rank rewards will be coming out tonight. So anyone in the top 500 may be rewarded some fancy gear.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2016, 06:27:17 AM by Totaku »
Now I Twitter

Totaku

« Reply #73 on: July 27, 2016, 11:37:30 AM »
And Rank rewards are out and....

From the looks of this we know what the we got...

We're looking at the Reggian Re.2001 OR Series an Italian bomber plane that was being planned for conversion into an Carrier based fighter/bomber for the Italian's only Aircraft Carrier that was being built before it was seized by the Germans and left incomplete for the remainer of the War....

The Italian Aircraft Carrier Aqualia

So with this hint, we can believe that this is our large forgien ship.
Now I Twitter

« Reply #74 on: July 27, 2016, 11:44:23 AM »
>rank 12034
Man.

I expected the expansion would be better, but thought maybe the time saved in construction dailies would come to be considerable if I had 4 docks. I already have all repair docks. Ah, and I have only one base expansion so 110 ship capacity.

Yes, recording slots are very, very convenient. I'm glad I started using them over this Summer, persistently switching between setups for PvP, expeditons, orel cruising, and quests was wringing my patience.
Now all that's needed is fast equip.

Oh, an Italian aircraft carrier. I'm looking forward to the planes.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2016, 12:47:18 PM by Rotten »

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
« Reply #75 on: July 27, 2016, 02:22:19 PM »
I would not mind an Air carrier prize at all!

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #76 on: July 27, 2016, 06:20:44 PM »
And Rank rewards are out and....

From the looks of this we know what the we got...

We're looking at the Reggian Re.2001 OR Series an Italian bomber plane that was being planned for conversion into an Carrier based fighter/bomber for the Italian's only Aircraft Carrier that was being built before it was seized by the Germans and left incomplete for the remainer of the War....

The Italian Aircraft Carrier Aqualia

So with this hint, we can believe that this is our large forgien ship.
Damn. That's a pretty persuasive argument. I'll be happy so long as she's not a drop. That said though, I'm still waiting for Enterprise. ;>;

« Reply #77 on: July 30, 2016, 12:34:35 PM »
Does being a flagship increase AACI chance?

I'm certain I read that it did but I can't find where.

Totaku

« Reply #78 on: July 30, 2016, 03:22:14 PM »
Does being a flagship increase AACI chance?

I'm certain I read that it did but I can't find where.

Not that I'm aware of. Being the flagship is more related to Night Battle Cut-ins then AACI. The ship you use however does however have a certain level of priority over other ships.

Such as like, if you use mutiple AACI ships, if certain ships trigger an AACI, one will take the higher priority over the other. I think the order goes Akizuki-class -> Maya Kai Ni -> Certain Kai Ni AA based ships (Kasumi Type B, Satsuki Kai Ni, Isuzu Kai Ni, ect) -> All other ships.

That's how I recall it.

In the meantime though, let's talk about some news...

So not too long ago the Devs released a new book Kancolle Style Vol. 2 (Thanks Ducky!) To quickly go over what this book is about. Kancolle Style is a guide book design to help teach players how to play Kancolle as well as get some information and tips about various materials and reveal new infromation regarding the fanchise as a whole.

Within the magazine, I managed to get a hold of an article which had an interview from Kensuke Tanaka, the game's lead producer. And in the article he talks all about the what is in store for us with Kancolle for the Summer and as we march on towards the year with the game and the franchise as it's start moving closer to it's 4th year.

The article can be read here
http://en.kancollewiki.net/wiki/Kensuke_Tanaka_Interview:_Kancolle_Style_Vol._2

If you want the short story then:

1. Summer Swimsuit mode continues with more Kanmusus getting swimsuits with a confirmation of Mikuma getting a swimsuit!

2. The upcoming event is going to be a mixture of Surface Combat / Anti-Submarine Warfare / Land Based Air Forces

3. More information regarding the Event will be revealed at the Kancolle Naval Review Meeting on August 7th.

4. The Summer Event will be set to begin sometime after the Kancolle Naval Review Meeting (so several days following August 7th)

5. Megumi Nakajima (Hatsuzuki's Seiyuu) is expected to appear at the Naval Review Meeting.

6. More info about Kancolle Arcade, and the movie is expected to be revealed at the Naval Review Meeting.

7. Kancolle Arcade will be getting more arcade cabinets and will be getting it's own events soon.

8. More collaborations will be happening soon which include a food collaboration (in the fall) and another convenient store collaboration (Takana's keeping quiet on this one)

9. New ship types are in plans for the Fall among other things as the march on towards the 4th year of Kancolle.

So with this new piece of wisdom, you now have an idea that you should probably prepare for the following:

1.DDs and CL with high levels that can conduct preemptive - ASW (so 100 ASW or higher in terms of level +equipment), this will probably apply to higher difficulties more.
2. Strong Fleets for surface combat
3. Plenty of well trained, strong planes (and if possible, modified fighters wouldn't hurt)

So basically a little bit of everything is expected here for the event.

Finally to add more notes to the update we can note now that:

1. More Swimsuit Mode CG which will give us Yamato, Haruna Kai Ni, and Mikuma (revealed via Kancolle Style) Swimsuits,

More might be to come assuming the reports of the Ichiban Kuji Keychains are of any indication but treat that with a grain of salt.

I think that's it for now. So have fun!
Now I Twitter

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
« Reply #79 on: July 30, 2016, 03:58:41 PM »
No problem for the information Totaku, I'll make sure to dumpster dive if anything else comes up on Himeuta. Ummm... also yesterday I FINALLY got the 5-1 Akatsuki comp quest (thanks to my deduction of World 4 weekly being the culprit of it) now I just need help on how to tackle this monster...

Totaku

Re: Kancolle Kai 4: The Summer is Daijoubu!
« Reply #80 on: July 31, 2016, 06:33:07 AM »
While we all wait for the next update here's some Haruna..... she's looking rather Daijoubu!
« Last Edit: July 31, 2016, 11:06:42 AM by Totaku »
Now I Twitter

Totaku

« Reply #81 on: August 01, 2016, 01:21:53 PM »
And.... The Summer Update Part 2 is out!

The Summer season continues and more Kanmusus in Swimsuits have appeared.... also we can now Kancolle on the go (unless you're complete new to the game).
So let's take a moment and read over today's update from http://en.kancollewiki.net/wiki/Kancolle_Wiki

http://en.kancollewiki.net/wiki/Game_Updates/2016/August_1
August 1st, 2016: Summer Part 2 & Android Release Update

1. Maximum Home Base Expansion

Maximum number of ships and Equipment have been increased. You can now have up to a Maximum of 300 ships and 1300 pieces of equipment (upon purchase)

2. Additional Summer Voice Lines

A Total of 30 new voices lines have been given to some Kanmusu for the Summer!

3. More Shipgirls in Swimsuits
 Yamato
Haruna Kai Ni
Mikuma (confirmed through Kensuke Takana's interview in Kancolle Style Vol. 2)
Taigei/Ryuuhou

4. Summer CG Mode for Mizuho

Unlike the Swimsuit mode the others got, Mizuho will be serving Iced Red Beans

5. New BGM
New BGM music can be played at home based titled "Swimsuit Sortie"

6. New Furniture
Sandy Beach Floor *Will play above mentioned BGM

7. Kancolle Android Version will be open to all admirals.

All Admirals who have currently joined the game are now allowed to play Kancolle via Android.
New Arrivals will not be able to participate for the time begin.

8. Update for communications/display
 Maintenance and upgrades for servers
 New voice data compression
 Fixed some ship girl displays
 Significant upgrades to Rabaul
 Some updating of communications protocols

9. Summer Event is set to Start in Mid-August.
For all the Admirals out there, good luck as you prepare for the upcoming event.

And with that let's take a look at our Kanmusus for the Summer!

Swimsuit Mode Battleships Haruna and Yamato

Swimsuit Mode Sub Tender/ Carrier Taiget/Ryuhou

Swimsuit Mode Heavy Cruiser Mikuma and Summer Seaplane Tender Mizuhou with Red Bean Ice Cream

And with that, that's it for the update! If you haven't gotten into the Android, Good news! You can now play mobile now via Android!

Outside of that, this update is very laxed...

The next update is set for Mid August.... But chances are we'll know a date for the event by August 7th when the Kancolle Naval Review takes place and Kensuke Takana reveals some information about the event!

Oh and a final note.... the new sandy beach floor has some nice music (Kinda short though).... and animated waves! Why is my naval base being flooded?!
« Last Edit: August 01, 2016, 01:49:59 PM by Totaku »
Now I Twitter

Fetch()tirade

• serial time-waster
« Reply #82 on: August 01, 2016, 04:22:03 PM »
I can't take this Mizuho bullying

Totaku

« Reply #83 on: August 02, 2016, 04:43:40 PM »
I can't take this Mizuho bullying

Honestly I don't get why people have an issue with Mizuho's minimalistic changes since we know the artist behind her is also responsible for working full time on Abyssal art.

But people have a tendency to complain over the most trivial things....

Either way Mizuho practically has art for every season now, so she's not bound to get anymore unless they do more promotional food art like the Sukiya campaign.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2016, 04:45:17 PM by Totaku »
Now I Twitter

Totaku

Re: Kancolle Kai 4: The Naval Review and the upcoming Event!
« Reply #84 on: August 07, 2016, 11:36:07 AM »
So as of today, the Kancolle Naval Review was just finished and alot was revealed.
http://en.kancollewiki.net/wiki/KanColle_Naval_Review

So as of now, we have a very strong idea of the event, what it will contain, what you must prepare for and what all is to be expected! We also get to see several other thigns too for other Kancolle merchandise!

Kancolle Browser Version:
British Royal Navy Battleship is expected to come this event. She will neither be the Prince of Wales or Repulse and will be a drop.
Mutsuki-Class DD Minazuki is confirmed for Event she will be a short blue haired girl.
Event is set to start on the 12th
One portion of the event will be based upon the Sinking of the Prince of Wales and Repulses  expect LBAS to likely be a key formula for that battle.
Event Title: The Second Battle of the Malaya Sea
Abyssal Boss "Terrible BattleShip Hime" has been comforted for event. Has 3 larger twin guns and wears a swimsuit.

Kancolle Arcade:
Events will be conducted for the Arcade Version starting in the Fall
Shoukaku and Zuikaku can be found during the event.
The Event will be based upon Spring's 2014 Event.

Kancolle Movie:
Trailer was shown.
Release date for the movie has been confirmed for 11/26.

So there you go, you got 4 days to prepare for the event. Do what you can to prepare... the upcoming next 2 weeks and some days will be intense.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2016, 04:03:00 PM by Totaku »
Now I Twitter

Ruka

• Lab Syndrome
  • "Even a failure produces valid results."
    • Ruka Sari Sari
« Reply #85 on: August 07, 2016, 12:03:00 PM »
Kancolle Browser Version:
British Royal Navy Battleship is expected to come this event. She will neither be the Prince of Wales of Repulse and will be a drop.
Kongo's schtik is doubly more in danger.

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
« Reply #86 on: August 07, 2016, 02:09:23 PM »
Oh boy time to look up that Prince of Wales sinking to guess what I need

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #87 on: August 07, 2016, 05:11:54 PM »
drop.
WHY THIS. ;>;

That said though, I've got a feeling that we might be dealing with either Hood or Queen Elizabeth here since those're the two that stick out the most besides Prince of Wales and Repulse.

EDIT: Just went over it a bit more. The boss sounds absolutely terrifying, but I'm curious as to how the naval mines will work. I wonder if that's a clue that we might get minesweepers eventually as well.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2016, 05:18:49 PM by Kasu »

Totaku

« Reply #88 on: August 08, 2016, 01:20:36 AM »
WHY THIS. ;>;

That said though, I've got a feeling that we might be dealing with either Hood or Queen Elizabeth here since those're the two that stick out the most besides Prince of Wales and Repulse.

EDIT: Just went over it a bit more. The boss sounds absolutely terrifying, but I'm curious as to how the naval mines will work. I wonder if that's a clue that we might get minesweepers eventually as well.

Well guess what? You're right!

With today's dev tweet we now know the Battleship in question will be from the Queen Elizabeth Class there will also be one other ship included along with Minazuki in the process.

Also considering how ASW has been gaining momentum, I would say that yes, Minesweepers may become a thing at some point. Especially with the "new ship type" mentioned back in the Kancolle Style Vol.2 Interview.
Now I Twitter

qMyon

• Chill - just chill
  • Keepin' it vanilla smooth
« Reply #89 on: August 08, 2016, 01:37:11 AM »
With today's dev tweet we now know the Battleship in question will be from the Queen Elizabeth Class there will also be one other ship included along with Minazuki in the process.

Warspite incoming?