Author Topic: Kancolle Kai 4: The Day the Pasta became superior.  (Read 70260 times)

Ruka

• Lab Syndrome
  • "Even a failure produces valid results."
    • Ruka Sari Sari
Re: Kancolle Kai 4: Rainy Season for the Navy Base
« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2016, 11:12:26 AM »
Active playing maybe 1 hour at most. It's up on my computer all the time regardless for expeditions though.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2016, 01:30:41 PM »
Active playing maybe 1 hour at most. It's up on my computer all the time regardless for expeditions though.
Pretty much this. I'll probably be spending more than an hour on it for a bit though as I take on 1-5, 1-6, 2-5, and some of the quests I've got though.

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

Totaku

• The Traveling Otaku of Gensokyo
  • I want to be a little NEET moon princess
« Reply #32 on: June 05, 2016, 07:57:32 AM »
In general, I play for 4-6 hours on a daily basis depending on what I'm trying to achive: Dailies, Weeklies, ect.
 I usually try to tackle all the quest related stuff I can over the week and month so I will have more free time in the long run.
Though I do manage Expeditions in between brakes.

Also just for everyone to know, Android Verision of Kancolle is expect to go Live on June 10th. Those that got in will be shown an explanation on what you need to do on a later date thought the following information on what system requirements have been posted:

CPU: 1 GHz or faster
memory: 1 GB
*This is the requirements for the beta test version
*Following requirements may change upon final version

More information will be posted on Kancolle's main page site on DMM, and on the Annoucment forum page on DMM later on...

That's one small step for man, one giant leap for Otaku Kind.
Tsunami Channel Home of  Japanese webcomics Artist Akira Hasegawa.
My Deviant Art site gallery
Now I Twitter

« Reply #33 on: June 06, 2016, 10:15:47 AM »
Have you guys gotten ranking rewards before?

I'm starting to really get into KanColle. I'll probably end up spending more than 2 hours a day on it over the Summer.

Learned a lot of mechanics I plain did not know or was unfamiliar with this Event and since. Combined fleets, AACI, support expeditions, recovering resources, repairing ships resets morale, and the value of medals, destroyers, CVL, equipment.
Really, I did not know Hatsuzuki was so good for AACI or that she had the best destroyer armaments in the game. Even though I liked her design, I ignored her because she didn't have a Kai Ni.

So many mistakes, so very many mistakes: this most recent and dramatic failure has spurred me to believe I underestimated the game.
So many things I want to do: clear events on Hard, amass Kai Ni ships, craft more Reppuu and Shinden Kai, do Extra Operations for more medals, LSC for Taihou, Yamato, Musashi, I-401, normal construction for Hiryuu & Mutsu, complete more quests.
Now that I've at least become aware of how much I don't know, it feels great to have so much to do. The game to me even seems to be structured for all these self-assigned goals.

Totaku

« Reply #34 on: June 06, 2016, 02:17:28 PM »

I'm starting to really get into KanColle. I'll probably end up spending more than 2 hours a day on it over the Summer.

Learned a lot of mechanics I plain did not know or was unfamiliar with this Event and since. Combined fleets, AACI, support expeditions, recovering resources, repairing ships resets morale, and the value of medals, destroyers, CVL, equipment.
Really, I did not know Hatsuzuki was so good for AACI or that she had the best destroyer armaments in the game. Even though I liked her design, I ignored her because she didn't have a Kai Ni.

So many mistakes, so very many mistakes: this most recent and dramatic failure has spurred me to believe I underestimated the game.
So many things I want to do: clear events on Hard, amass Kai Ni ships, craft more Reppuu and Shinden Kai, do Extra Operations for more medals, LSC for Taihou, Yamato, Musashi, I-401, normal construction for Hiryuu & Mutsu, complete more quests.
Now that I've at least become aware of how much I don't know, it feels great to have so much to do. The game to me even seems to be structured for all these self-assigned goals.

Deep down, Kancolle is a more complicated game than one may think, and orginally it use to be very simple and basic back in it's early days. But as the years go on, the game continues to become more complex and more strategies that are involved especially as more events roll in roll in. I mean the new land base plane system really changes the way we use our planes we once had in the past and now we have strategize what planes we need to use for battle and at the same time make sure they can cover the said distance to reach thier destination to assist your fleet without them getting mangled by the enemy fleet all at the same time.

It's a game planning and strategy along with RNG elements. And yes your Air Defense DDs (like Hatsuzuki) are really important. In fact most of the rare ships that don't have kai nis can be valuable even thought they don't have a second upgrade. I've always learn to never judge a kanmusu by it's cover as they can many potentials down the road.

As of May, I've finally gotten my first Rank Reward that I've ever gotten by making it to the top 500 in April and boy was it not easy... but what I got was this:

The Prototype 61cm Hext Oxygen Torpedo Launcher Along with a Type 4 Sonar which was given to those who made it to the top 500. And the trip was not easy. But I can explain to you what it took to get up there though...

What did I have to go through to earn this?

Basically getting into the top 500 require you to be extremely persistent, strong and very determined. As you will need to devote a large amount of hours daily to make the point you earn to get into the rank system.

To summarize my runs during the top 500, I had to do the following in order to understand what measures I had to take to be on top of the game of everyone else.

Know how many points other players get on a daily basis.

Each server is different and will require you to at least observe what it take to work between the top 500 - 300 so you know what you need to be in top of everyone in the rank battle. Every server is different and therefore the results from each server will vary between players. As an admiral from Burnei, I know that our server is generally the most relaxed out of all the Kancolle servers (as most of the players there are from the Western Boom back in late 2013)

So competiion on burnei is no where nearly as heavy as it is in other locations. But if I have to give you the math, I would say on average, the players who make it into Burnei's top 500 are between 1600-1800 points on average.

To understand the rank point system, it's simply goes likes this for every 2000 points you earn in HQ experience, it counts as a point on the rank meter.

But before I go further into this let's review something else to remember.... you also gain points by completing Extra Operations every month.

50 for 1-5, 75 for 1-6, 100 for 2-5, 150 for 3-5, 180 for 4-5 and 200 for 5-5

So on average, you can gain a total of 755 points for completing all of the current extra operations that month.

It we take that 755 points into account and then subtract it from the admiral's scores from the end of the month, it should provide the standard amount that most players on average make. In my group, I consider 1800 to be the "safe zone" so...

1800 - 755 = 1045

So we then multiply the pointed needed for the month: 1045 x 2000 = 2,090,000 exp

So basically that's what I had to earn over the course of this month to make it in the top 500.

And personally if you plan to do this, you best consider doing this AT THE START OF THE MONTH. cause gaining the needed points will not be easy.

What about the resources

Depending on how much effort you're trying to do to get into the top 500, you need to remember that you are going to likely not make resource gains during the time of rank battle as you will be spending most of it JUST to stay in the ranks.

Be ready to conduct unique methods of "Budget Fleet management"  and also mutiple batchs of subgirls wouldn't hurt either for this. This'll save you some pain during your runs for points.

What are good places to go to?

There are several locations players use to rank battle, and each of them will invovle extensive uses of your fleet, so be prepare to utilize them accordingly:

2-2 The Bashi Island Budget Fleet Approach 800 points per boss node win
This is often a good spot to farm for points when you don't want to go to the other locations, but it'll be EXTREMELY tedious and time consuming.... I wouldn't recommned it as a main place to go to, but as a place to go to when you want to use a "budget fleet" to save on resource spending.

What's a budget fleet you may ask?

It's simple: Take 1 strong ship girl in your fleet and make her your flagship. Then make every other ship girl in your fleet a level 1 copy of some other ship girl (Carriers, Heavy Cruisers, and Battleships are highly recommend). Run fleet on map, and once you're done, refuel ONLY the flagship girl and no one else! A keep running them until they're too tired or run out of fuel. Scrap the copies, then rinse and repeat!

It works wonders, saves your resources, and give you those extra small points.

2-3 The Orel Cruise 1000 points per boss node win

If you used subs to gain fuel before in 2-3, this method is a straight forward method as it's a no brainier to everyone. You can keep using sub girls here to assist gaining fuel and possibly scoring boss node kills IF they land on it.

I general recommended number is 4 non kai'd subs (outside of U-511, she can be kai'd or converted to Ro with little cost) and you can usually get fuel gain, and if you get to the boss node you'll get a B which can net you an easy 1000 points each boss run.

5-4 The Southern Seas Submarine / Surface Fleet Run 3000 points per boss node win

This is where the majority of rank players ALL go for points. Is within this map. There are two ways to tackle the map, you can use an all submarine fleet or you can use  surface fleet. If you're played 5-4 and know how to use your drums to get a short cut to a supply node to gain fuel, then you know how to play this map the normal way with a surface fleet.

The method will usually cost you a hefty amount of ammo, and a little bit a fuel in the process.

But the alter net method is to take the Submarine route, which is also a gamble upon itself, but with 5- 6 talented sub girls, you can make the most out of this map. Since you'll likely take out most of the DDs and CLs before they can fight back. The only problem is, you will get a D on occasion in the night battle node since it can have an all sub fleet. Which oddly counts as a defeat since there are no "draws" Outside of that, if your fleet gets to the boss node, simply take out as many of the ships you can and that's an easy 3k there, and you'll only spent around 100something fuel/ ammo per round.

How many points should I gain per day?
There's no real way to determine unless you do the math, but I know that for me, when I began to notice my rank building up, I made an important decision to try to keep my rank building up. So I set a goal during the month of April to gain about....

50000 points every 12 hours..... AKA 100,000 every day

As noted I started doing this around the 10th of April, so I did this for about 20 days. And over that course of time I....

Again 2 levels in my Admiral HQ level (from 116 to 118) and was VERY TIRED....but more importantly I made it into the top 500 by being in 350th place around the final 12 hours.

Also, I completed every single Extra Operation This was the most important factor to remember here.

I can't urge this enough. If you're aiming to get into the top 500, do all of the extra operation map.... including the dreaded 5-5. These are what player to get themselves into the top 500.

Other things that might be important to note:
Players have a tendency to focus more heavily on rank battles after an event, but will reduce thier activity as an event comes closer to happening. They will especially come to a near stop and focus on the event if the event comes into play.

Though highly skilled rank battlers (mostly those in the top 100 or so) will usually just aim the clear the event and get what they want on easy and care not for the rewards they can earn on harder difficulties. And some are just absolute neets (usually the top 1-5) that do nothing BUT rank battle, regardless of if an event is taking place or not.

During the final days of the month, rank battles will always get more intense during the final stretch. This is usually where things can be unpredictable, and sometime, unsuspecting players may get the jump on other rank battlers. Usually by scoring the wins on 5-5 and the like. But usually players who want to get into the top 500 are recommended to get into rank 430 or higher to guarantee thier chance at the rank reward. Anyone at 431 and lower is likely to be subjected to unexpected surprises by other rank battler, ESPECIALLY in final 12 hours!

Why are the final 12 hours so crucial?

This is where you will usually know where you stand in the ranks JUST before the final tally. You will not know if you made it into the ranks until AFTER ranks rewards are handed out. This is where players will usually throw surprising upsets that can throw some players for a spin. Important things to note is that rank points gained via Boss nodes will usually end at 8 PM JST on the final day. But rank points from beating the Extra Operations can still be gained during 8PM -12 Midnight of the final day for that month. And that is where the unexpecting upsets can happen. So yes, rank battle is a blood bath, rank battle is taxing, and I only recommend it if you have LOTS of free time and /or resources on your hands.

Just remember, that usually during that time players will usually complete certain early EO maps they haven't beaten, rarely do you usually see more than 30-50 people cause an upset during this time frame (which you'll know nothing about till you know if you did or did not get your rank reward).  Just assume to worst and always do everything you can under your final hours to build up the points you need to hold your rank in place.

I alone was impressed I accomplished this as I do not see myself doing this stunt again any time soon....
« Last Edit: June 06, 2016, 03:54:19 PM by Totaku »
Now I Twitter

« Reply #35 on: June 08, 2016, 08:07:45 AM »
Yeah, if I ever get to the point where I'm both in a position to get a top rank and desire to I cannot see myself doing it more than one time. Just to break the novelty.

Also, for 2-3: I'm not sure if you forgot to mention or actually don't know but I-168 can be Kai'd because her Kai version is still a plain SS as opposed to SSV.

Totaku

« Reply #36 on: June 08, 2016, 01:05:08 PM »
Yeah, if I ever get to the point where I'm both in a position to get a top rank and desire to I cannot see myself doing it more than one time. Just to break the novelty.

Also, for 2-3: I'm not sure if you forgot to mention or actually don't know but I-168 can be Kai'd because her Kai version is still a plain SS as opposed to SSV.

Yes, I'm aware of this for I-168 since she remains a sub and not a sub plane carrier like the rest of her I-Go sisters, this is often a good approach for standard Orel Cruising, but during rank battle, you want to save as much time as possible since time and the amount of time you can invest if your biggest enemy during rank battles. This is where trying to minimize the time in repairs comes in handy.

During my rank battle runs, a fresh batch of maxed level 10 I-go members and just let them go nuts on the map. They did rather efficiently and I only had to worry about 10 minute repair times vs. the 30-50 minute repair times they would get in late levels.

Meanwhile there's a few other things that might be worth addressing while we're at it.

Kancolle Android Update

So on the 10th Kancolle's Closed Beta Android test session will begin. The game will be down for maintenance to implement this new feature, expect to learn about what you'll need to do for Kancolle Android soon enough for those who made it into the Android Lottery.

In addition, more Rainy Season lines....(maybe art too???)

The Next Asashio-Class member update

So if you also heard, in an update following the Android Update, the next update to follow will introduce the next Kai Ni which will be the another member of the Asashio-Class.

This time, the Asashio-class DD that will be getting her Kai Ni will be:

A DD the served as the flagship of Destroyer Division 8 and worked along with Ooshio. She also sunk trying to fulfill a promise.

This alone hints that the DD we're going to be getting a remodel for at some point will be
Spoiler:
Asashio
. So have fun training her, I've trained all of mine to level 75 and above, so I'm ready... I think.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2016, 01:06:41 PM by Totaku »
Now I Twitter

Totaku

« Reply #37 on: June 10, 2016, 07:58:05 AM »
Well the update is in progress right now. I hope you have made your necessary preparations.

Anyways as the Android update comes out we will also be getting some additional rainy season content as well.

So here's a tease of what's coming up, release will be out around 2 hours from now...

Now I Twitter

qMyon

• Chill - just chill
  • Keepin' it vanilla smooth
Trying out the Android client. Fairly smooth so far, but sound isn't working for some reason. Looks almost exactly the same as the browser version.

Totaku

Trying out the Android client. Fairly smooth so far, but sound isn't working for some reason. Looks almost exactly the same as the browser version.

Might be related to your phone you're using since not all phones work the same with the beta client of the Android version + it's still highly experimental.

In the meantime though lemme give you the report.

Well the update is now up and as usual, we will proceed with the update notes for today's update, expect some new quest management, some CG art and above all else... Kancolle is now in Mobile mode for those who made it through the lottery for the beta test so... so once again all information provide by: http://en.kancollewiki.net
http://en.kancollewiki.net/wiki/Game_Updates/2016/June_10
June 10th, 2016 Closed Beta Access for Android / Additional Rainy Season Mode for Some Kanmusus

1. Rainy Season Mode CG and Voices
Chiyoda, Chitose, Mogami and Yuubari will receive Rainy Season CG Art and Voice Lines

Mikuma also has voice lines also

2. Hot Spring Bath Seasonal Update
Hot Spring bath for your naval base main room has been updated to include Rainy Season themed decorations.

3. New Furniture
New Furniture has been added to the Furniture store which will include:
Mogami Model Ship on Paulownia chested Drawers - New!
Hot Spring Bath - Returning Furniture

4. Naval Base Bar Counter Top update

Naval Base Bar Counter Top will now have Hydrangea themed decorations places on the bar when Kanmusus have drinks on the table at various times of the day depending on the time and the secretary you select.

5. Bug Fixes
 Shouhou Kai and Takanami Kai art display as been fixed.
Ooshio's damage notification have been fixed.

6. Revised Quest Notifications

Quest will now be displayed as a "Daily", "Weekly", "Monthly", "Once" "Other" on the Quest Menu Section

You will now be given the ability to search through the quest list and categorize your quest based on "Daily", "Weekly", "Monthly" "Once" or "Other"

7. Increased Bot/Macro Counter Measures

8. Mobile Phone Mode CG
To celebrate the release of the Kancolle Android version's release. Shiratsuyu will be put into "Mobile Phone Mode" for the time begin.

9. Closed Beta Access for Android now available

Those who have be chosen in the Closed Beta Access Lottery for Android will be granted access. They will be required to download the Kancolle Mobile App from the DMM Game Store.

People will be able to obtain the Kancolle Android App from http://www.dmm.com/app/appstore/lp/

So with that, anyone that has been approved to play on the Kancolle Android Version can go ahead and download the app from the link above using your mobile device.
It's completely region free so you won't need VPNs, or region cookies to play Kancolle on it! (at least from tests so far)

At the same time let's take a moment to take a look at our new kanmusu in rainy season gear...

Rainy Season Chitose and Chiyoda

Rainy Season Yuubari and Mogami

Also to promote the Android version's release, Shiratsuyu is now prepped her mobile device....
Mobile Phone Shiratsuyu

Finally... organizing your quest has never been so easy!
Now I Twitter

qMyon

• Chill - just chill
  • Keepin' it vanilla smooth
Might be related to your phone you're using since not all phones work the same with the beta client of the Android version + it's still highly experimental.

Also to promote the Android version's release, Shiratsuyu is now prepped her mobile device....
Mobile Phone Shiratsuyu

Yep, expected something to go wrong anyways. No worries about it. Probably something funky with the sound driver interaction.

And here I was expecting Imuya to actually reveal it was a smartphone all along.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
No Asashio unfortunately, but damn, that new quest organization is a freaking godsend.

Fetch()tirade

• serial time-waster
Those black raincoats are gorgeous. Man I wish there was some way to make seasonal art stay.

RuneDevros

• Professor Dr. Momoneko-sama
    • Lost Sky Project
What do I do with a second one of these? Maya's already got one so I don't know if there's anyone else who can use it.

[attach=1]

1.0.0 is here (2/13/14) |  My Twitter | My Tumblr

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
What do I do with a second one of these? Maya's already got one so I don't know if there's anyone else who can use it.

[attach=1]
I had one of 'em on Hatsuzuki until I got the Bofors from Iowa Kai, so if you've got any AA destroyers that's where I'd send it.

Fetch()tirade

• serial time-waster
Satsuki can use it, though I don't know if you should bother.

Totaku

I'm here to let you know that they've done an update to the Android Version.

The basic thing that has been noted is as follows:

1. Android has expanded it's application frame, those who signed up via the lottery beta may get a chance in thier notice today! Be sure to look to see if you been accepted into your Android version. 80,000 applicants have been accepted today!

2. Tweaks with the Android UI scrolling for the Factory and buttons in the resupply section|

3. Additional phone have been added that can be useable to play Kancolle Android.

That's pretty much it....

Also....

By the time, Devs have noted that Kancolle Android is planned to release the full version prior to the release of the Summer event!

So by the time the Summer Event rolls in, everyone can go mobile via Android!

Also speaking about the summer, they've noted that "New Mutsuki-Class Destroyers" will be released at some point!

If this is any indication, we will be expected the final two members of the Mutsuki-class to finally appear after over 3 years. (If we get both)
Now I Twitter

Ruka

• Lab Syndrome
  • "Even a failure produces valid results."
    • Ruka Sari Sari
Looks like I made it in second beta, but how do I actually get the app? Went to the link in the announcement, and got lost.

Edit: Nvm. Didn't dig enough in the kancolle wiki apparently.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2016, 12:24:42 AM by Ruka »

Totaku

Well if you discover anything fasinating about the Kancolle android version that differs from the regular version feel free to share your experience from it.

In the meantime, it's been noted that.... The flagship of Destroyer Division 8 is going to get an "Interchangeable Kai Ni upgrade"

Meaning that she will get a regular Kai Ni and a Kai Ni Type D Upgrade.

What this means for this said ship girl, we don't know....

We know that Kasumi gained AA abilities with her Type B upgrade. What could said Asashio-class DD that'll get the new upgrade get soon?

Also, this'll mean you'll have to likely grind to a higher level for her Type D Kai Ni.
Now I Twitter

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
Well if you discover anything fasinating about the Kancolle android version that differs from the regular version feel free to share your experience from it.

In the meantime, it's been noted that.... The flagship of Destroyer Division 8 is going to get an "Interchangeable Kai Ni upgrade"

Meaning that she will get a regular Kai Ni and a Kai Ni Type D Upgrade.

What this means for this said ship girl, we don't know....

We know that Kasumi gained AA abilities with her Type B upgrade. What could said Asashio-class DD that'll get the new upgrade get soon?

Also, this'll mean you'll have to likely grind to a higher level for her Type D Kai Ni.
Hmm... I wouldn't mind some firepower or torpedo upgrades. Maybe her Kai Ni will allow her to equip Kyohyoteki or something?

Totaku

Hmm... I wouldn't mind some firepower or torpedo upgrades. Maybe her Kai Ni will allow her to equip Kyohyoteki or something?

Well you might be right about one thing.

There's a theory a friend of mine conducted that they letter to thier Kai Ni ties to the Destroyer Model type.

Basiclly here's what's known about the Late Destroyer Model Types:

Type A Destroyer: Kagerou and Yuugumo-Class - They were mainly built for surface combat, while we don't have any Type-A remodels yet for destroyers, I could see this implying that anyone that gets one will have high firepower (probably Yuudachi tier levels)

Type B Destroyer: Air Defense Destroyers most specificlly the Akizuki-class. These DDs were intended to taking down planes. Kasumi Kai Ni B also ties into the fact she has an increased AA stats in place of other stats that get slightly reduced.

Type C Destroyer: Torpedo based Destroyer, Shimakaze fits the bill of the Type C family. None exsist in game yet (unless you count Shimakaze) but if we get one, expect high torpedo stats.

Type D Destroyer: The Matsu-Class Destroyers: They were made late in the war and were designed to be Anti-Air / ASW hybrids. They were also armed with Kaiten-Subs, but since Takana denouces the use of Kaitens and other suicide gear in game I can see this easily being replaced with equipping the Kyohyoteki which is the rough equivalant to it.

Keep in mind this is just speculation fuel, but odds are Asashio's going to likely have high AA and ASW (with weaker firepower and Torpedo power in the process) for her Type - D Remodel with a possibility she can also be armed with the midget sub in the process..
Now I Twitter

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
Ah, I see. That's quite interesting. I suppose only time will tell though.

Totaku

Re: Kancolle Kai 4: Asashio, and the Amazing Anti-Submarine Patrol
« Reply #52 on: June 30, 2016, 12:52:44 PM »
Welp the update is out and once again all information is provide by
http://en.kancollewiki.net/wiki/Kancolle_Wiki

http://en.kancollewiki.net/wiki/Game_Updates/2016/June_30
June 30th, 2016 The Asashio Kai Ni update

1. New Remodels for Asashio
The Lead flagship of Destroyer Division 8, Asashio, has been given a Kai Ni and a Kai Ni D remodel.
* Blueprint is not required for either.
* Additional lines and dialogue for home base and combat will be added
* She will not be able to use equipment such as the Daihatsu and Type 2 Ka-Mi Tank until she's upgraded to Kai Ni Type D.

2.  New Equipment
16in Triple Gun Mount Mk.7 + GFCS has been implemented.
Zero Fighter Type 32 has been implemented.

There is no need to go out of your way to equip the new fighter.

In addition, Zero Fighter Type 32 (Skilled) is now available by upgrading Zero Fighter Type 21 (Skilled).

3.  New Quests

Multiple new quests, such as Early Summer Reorganization, have been impletemented.
All quests have certain triggers.
 Early Summer Reorganization is only available until the start of Summer Event. It's possible to obtain new seasonal furniture with the completion of the quest.

In addition, 8 new quests have bee added, including the following:

"31st Squadron" Suppress the Enemy Submarines!
Reform the New "8th Destroyer Division"!
Elite Forces! First Mini-Squadron of 8th Destroyer Division!
 Massive Produce Autocannons
Encounter Battle at Okinoshima Island

4. New quests that are repeatable every 3 months (Seasonal) are implemented.

5. New and Revival of Furnitures

6.  New Improvement Menu at Akashi's Improvement Arsenal
Type 96 Fighter, Zero Fighter Type 21, Zero Fighter Type 32, Zero Fighter Type 52, Prototype 61cm Hext (Oxygen) Torpedo Mount, 16in Triple Gun Mount Mk.7 and 16in Triple Gun Mount Mk.7 + GFCS can now be improved with assistance from specific kanmusus.

7. New Development Menu
Zero Fighter Type 32 is able to be developed.

8. Increase of Stats to Certain Destroyers
Kamikaze Kai, Harukaze Kai, Shigure Kai Ni, etc, have had their ASW stat adjusted upwards.

Ushio Kai Ni, Ayanami Kai Ni, Hatsuharu Kai Ni, etc, have had their maximum Firepower adjusted upwards.

9. Buffs to Certain Ships
Isuzu Kai Ni now has preemptive ASW.
Iowa and her upgrade have better gun-fitting.
Isokaze Kai has her maximum luck, etc, adjusted upwards.

10. Other Adjustments

Better text display for ship list (browser version)
Better Stability for Android version
Updated Equipment Images for Zero Fighter Type 21 (Skilled)
Faster Tempo for Depth Charge ASW Attacks
Preemptive ASW Depth Charge Attacks

Other than Isuzu Kai Ni, all ships with exceptionally high ASW stats or ships with equipment that can detect enemy submarines can perform preemptive depth charge attacks even against skilled enemy submarines.

11. Early Summer Voices
A certain number of Mutsuki-Class DDs + Ryuujou have been given early summer seasonal voice lines. All which will be brand new!

Basiclly there's now a TON of things to build in Akashi's workshop! Which include some fighter planes, and Iowa's Guns! Oh and have fun trying to get Iowa's new gun.... she's going to need... Tons of 41cms AND 46cms!

Also with Kanmusus having the ability to do Pre-emptive Anti-Submarine Attacks, I'm pretty certain we can make a certain Red Submarine cry home to her mommy now...
Also Iowa will now have better aim with her 16in Mk.7s now!

Also finally Let's take a look at Asashio..

Asashio's regular Kai Ni is more standard offensive based. It's good for surface combat, but poor for ASW combat.

Asashio's Kai Ni D is more geared to ASW combat! She will have less firepower, but will pack a bigger punch against enemy subs... ESECIALLY if you get her set up for Pre-emptive ASW!
« Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 12:55:43 PM by Totaku »
Now I Twitter

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #53 on: June 30, 2016, 04:54:33 PM »
Sounds like you were right on the money regarding Asashio's stats. That said though, I should save up my screws for that new gun because damn.

Also, I didn't see it mentioned here, but apparently a girl needs a minimum of 100 ASW in order to launch a preemptive depth charge attack (excluding Isuzu of course).

Totaku

« Reply #54 on: June 30, 2016, 06:11:57 PM »
Sounds like you were right on the money regarding Asashio's stats. That said though, I should save up my screws for that new gun because damn.

Also, I didn't see it mentioned here, but apparently a girl needs a minimum of 100 ASW in order to launch a preemptive depth charge attack (excluding Isuzu of course).

I probably should have dropped the link. Since I modified the combat page with this information.

http://en.kancollewiki.net/wiki/Combat#Anti-Sub_Warfare

But yeah, been busy busting my butt around the clock trying to collect information and do tests with the ASW theory.

Basiclly only a handful of Kanmusus can do Pre-empttive ASW (due to the fact most can't reach 100 ASW at level 99) attacks unless they're married. Odds are you're limited to several DDs, most of the light cruisers your torpedo cruisers.  Also as an important test I just conducted, modified equipment via Akashi's workshop does not contribute to the ASW. So you have to build it based on your Kanmusu's level and base ASW stats of your equipment.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 06:13:44 PM by Totaku »
Now I Twitter

Totaku

« Reply #55 on: July 03, 2016, 02:31:46 PM »
Welp, it's time! It's only the start of July and the Devs have dropped the annoucement.

The Summer 2016 Event is coming on it's way and it now under preperations...

The main thing that they gave us as a big hint at the start is the following:

1. Prepare your Air forces as you will be using them. This suggests the role of planes is going to be very important once again. So if you know how to manage your Land Base Air Forces, you should consider making sure you have enough fighters and other planes to use accordingly.

2. Prepare your fleet, this is pretty standard by now, so everyone knows to train new ships girls so you can get ready for the upcoming event.

3. The Event is expected to be Moderate in scale in comparison to the previous Summer Events. Which makes since, since the last event was large, long and downright HARD.

So yeah, start preparing as soon as possible to keep in mind the theme of planes is going to be important for this event.

You now Akashi can improve fighters now.... right? There might be a reason for this (if you planning to take on harder difficulties)
Now I Twitter

Fetch()tirade

• serial time-waster
B A U X I T E
A
U
X
I
T
E

I really need to retire my obsolete planes sometime.

I've at least done 15 LSC runs and Taihou eludes me still.

Will I get another chance at Iowa this event, do you think? If not, then will I ever?

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
I've at least done 15 LSC runs and Taihou eludes me still.

Will I get another chance at Iowa this event, do you think? If not, then will I ever?
Previous event rewards more often than not tend to reappear during future events as drops, so as long as you've got the resources and the determination to farm for her, you'll be good to go. It'll all really just come down to the RNG.

Totaku

Re: Kancolle Kai 4: Summer Time fun with the Kanmusus!
« Reply #59 on: July 15, 2016, 01:29:42 PM »
OK, it's time for me to toss up the update to you all again.

Are you ready for some action in the sun! Cause it's that time. The Kanmusus are finally out to have some fun for the Summer and much excitement is to ensure for this update!

Once again notes provided by: http://en.kancollewiki.net/wiki/Kancolle_Wiki
http://en.kancollewiki.net/wiki/Game_Updates/2016/July_15
July 15, 2016  Summer Swimsuit 2016 Update

Browser Version

1. Summer Swimsuit Mode Implemented
Summer "Swimsuit mode" has been implemented. Kanmusus from last year's Swimsuit mode will be brought back for this year's swimsuit session.

In addition, Isuzu, Okinami, Kazagumo, Fusou, Yamashiro, Mamiya and Irako will be getting new Swimsuit Mode CG art for the Summer.

Mamiya and Irako's images can be viewed from the Food supply screen, if you wish to view them, if you don't want to use the supplies, just say no so you don't use them

Akebono and Oboro will get new tweaked art to thier Summer CG art

Kanmusus that you own from the Rainy Season mode CG will be placed in your Kanmusu Dictionary.

2. Summer Furniture has been implemented

Rainy Season Furniture has been removed and replaced

3. Summer Season Voice Lines

Some Kanmusu will have some early Summer and Summer voice lines,
30+ new lines are planned to be given to some kanmusu

4. New Mission

A total of 4 missions have now been added into the game which include the following:

*Torpedo Squad, report sortie: Hold the Nansei Island Defense Line
* Patrol the Oil Refinery Zone Coast!
*New Torpedo Weapon Development
 * "Skilled Crew" Training

5. Akashi Improvement Arsenal Update

Akasahi can now start improving the following Equipment:
* Zero Fighter Type 53 Iwamoto Squadron
* Zero Fighter Model 52A Iwai group
* Zero Fighter Model 52C Iwai Group
* Zero Model 62 Fighter/Bomber Iwai Squad

6. Kazagumo Drop Location

Kazagumo will be become avalaible and will drop in various locations in the Northern Seas on regular maps.

7. Naval Base Bar Counter Top Update
Now the bar counter top will feature Summer themed elements to it.

8. UI Improvements

Connection stabibility has been improved
Confirmation screen added to prevent accidental unlocking of ship girls in fleet (Android Version Only)
Quest Description has been updated to display in two lines
Firework Window Furniture's will display firework display with more power.

Android Version

1. Updated Expansion of Player Frame

More players will now be accepted into the Android update following the completion of the Android version's update.

That's it for now have some fun in the sun ya'all!

With that let's take a look at some of our Kanmusus that got Suitsuits this time around along with some of the ones from last year..

Swimsuit Fusou and Yamashiro

Swimsuit Kazagumo and Okinami

Swimsuit Isuzu

Swimsuit Mamiya and Irako

Akebono and Oboro also got some small changes to them but otherwise are mostly the same....

Yamato
is also expected to get Swimsuit mode.... in the following update coming later so stay tuned.

Meanwhile, I want to go out of my way and point out the quests they provide you to do now for the game invovle you have to spend A LOT to complete and earn, specifically the modification quests!

Cause these quests will reward you a new skilled pilot (supposedly every quarter season), and the new Prototype 61cm Hext Oxy Torpedoes.... but the cost?
TONS equipment, resources, screws, and medals...
http://en.kancollewiki.net/wiki/Quests#July_15th.2C_2016
Have fun with that one! As we live in a world now where equipment matters almost as much as the Kanmusus themselves!

I also want to sit down and talk about saving cost on modifying planes (assuming you haven't completed certain quest lines) But I've been occupied prepping for the event which does remind me of one more thing....

Event is expected to be Medium sized in scale So expect a 4-5 map big event possibly..
« Last Edit: July 15, 2016, 02:01:43 PM by Totaku »
Now I Twitter