Author Topic: Kancolle Kai 4: The Day the Pasta became superior.  (Read 71182 times)

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
Re: Kancolle Kai 4: The Third Fleet Operation Act begins tomorrow!
« Reply #210 on: December 03, 2016, 03:00:36 AM »

Is... this what victory feels like?

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
  • Just chilling like a hermit.
« Reply #211 on: December 03, 2016, 04:39:32 PM »

Is... this what victory feels like?
Yep and it gets more saltier.
My danmakucopter goes pew pew pew!

Check out my newb PAD box it's a thing right?

Zengar Zombolt

• Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #212 on: December 04, 2016, 02:00:51 AM »
No salt from me this time!

« Reply #213 on: December 08, 2016, 06:16:54 PM »
When equipping CVL for support expeditions, is it better to go with torpedo or dive bombers?

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #214 on: December 09, 2016, 01:33:52 AM »
When equipping CVL for support expeditions, is it better to go with torpedo or dive bombers?
From what I've seen, they're both used quite a bit, so I don't think it really matters. I got my info from this page though, so hopefully this will help.

I tend to brute force my way through with battleships whenever I use a support expedition, so I'm probably not the best person for this, haha.

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

Fetch()tirade

• serial time-waster
« Reply #215 on: December 09, 2016, 04:05:36 AM »
If you check the formula, you'll see that dive bombers get a +30% damage boost. However, if your torp bombers are better than your dive bombers enough to surpass the bonus damage then you should use those. The example on the page has the Suisei 12A (10) and the Ryuusei Kai (13) together because they do the same damage after the boost is applied.

But from what I've read, accuracy is more important than damage so T99 skilled DBs are preferred for support shelling.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #216 on: December 09, 2016, 05:08:54 PM »
Oh dear lord, that new Kuma CG. I can't. It's way too adorable.

Zengar Zombolt

• Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #217 on: December 09, 2016, 05:24:13 PM »
Look at that jet keiun kai. LOOK AT IT. It's so busted, ahaha.

Fetch()tirade

• serial time-waster
« Reply #218 on: December 09, 2016, 11:33:31 PM »
Screw that, Akebono got updated base art
Christmas has come early

« Reply #219 on: December 13, 2016, 07:12:43 AM »
If you switch between Kai Ni A and Kai Ni or Kai Ni D and Kai Ni do you keep modernization?

Oh dear lord, that new Kuma CG. I can't. It's way too adorable.
Incredibly cute. Makes my heart involuntarily leap.

Shigure Christmas art looks vaguely yandere. There's just something a tad off in that kindred smile, those turn of the eyes. Intentional or not I like it.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #220 on: December 13, 2016, 04:11:39 PM »
If you switch between Kai Ni A and Kai Ni or Kai Ni D and Kai Ni do you keep modernization?
Unfortunately not. If you switch between remodels, you'll have to modernize your girl again each time.

EDIT: So after realizing that to actually GET the jets I had to complete that bloody 5-1 quest with the New Mikawa Fleet, I bit the bullet and managed to finally clear it. ;>;
« Last Edit: December 14, 2016, 07:49:51 PM by Kasu »

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
« Reply #221 on: December 15, 2016, 05:03:45 AM »
Unfortunately not. If you switch between remodels, you'll have to modernize your girl again each time.

EDIT: So after realizing that to actually GET the jets I had to complete that bloody 5-1 quest with the New Mikawa Fleet, I bit the bullet and managed to finally clear it. ;>;
WAIT WHAT YOU HAVE TO DO THE NEW MIKAWA QUEST FOR THE NEW JETS TOO?!!?! OOOOOOOOOH HEEEEEEEEEELL NOOOOOOOOO!!!!  :colonveeplusalpha:

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #222 on: December 15, 2016, 05:43:21 AM »
WAIT WHAT YOU HAVE TO DO THE NEW MIKAWA QUEST FOR THE NEW JETS TOO?!!?! OOOOOOOOOH HEEEEEEEEEELL NOOOOOOOOO!!!!  :colonveeplusalpha:
More or less. You can easily get the blueprints and engine via the new quests, however to actually get the jets it's looking like you need to do a quest that involves 6-3 as well as the airbases... and thus everything leading up to those prerequisites. ;>;

Feels bad man.

« Reply #223 on: December 15, 2016, 07:23:48 PM »
More or less. You can easily get the blueprints and engine via the new quests, however to actually get the jets it's looking like you need to do a quest that involves 6-3 as well as the airbases... and thus everything leading up to those prerequisites. ;>;
Guess it's time to start leveling Furutaka, Kako, Aoba, & Kinugasa.

Yuubari is 5 points short of preemptive ASW as well.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2016, 07:31:11 PM by Rotten »

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
« Reply #224 on: December 15, 2016, 08:54:34 PM »
Guess it's time to start leveling Furutaka, Kako, Aoba, & Kinugasa.

Yuubari is 5 points short of preemptive ASW as well.
I'm almost done with Furataka, I just need Kinugasa kai ni and I'm good to going back to leveling Kinu or start on either Tone or Chikuma.

Fetch()tirade

• serial time-waster
« Reply #225 on: December 15, 2016, 11:43:02 PM »
I wouldn't be too hyped about jets until they make a pure fighter version
(not mine)

« Reply #226 on: December 27, 2016, 07:33:53 PM »
Finally got around to farming Ooyodo.

>0.02% drop rate according to db
>a hundred runs for a 2% drop rate
No thanks, I'll wait until an event.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2016, 05:08:16 AM by Rotten »

« Reply #227 on: December 28, 2016, 12:03:37 AM »
After the wasteful and wanton spending of hundreds of thousands of bauxite Taihou has at last joined my fleet.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #228 on: January 05, 2017, 11:59:52 PM »
Alright. I think I've lost my mind. I finally managed to unlock the first LBAS via the quests and this should have given me the quest that allows me to get the Prototype Keiun, but it didn't and I  can't find the problem.

Anyone know what I might be missing here? I'm pretty sure I've done everything I've needed to do, so this is pretty infuriating.

Totaku

• The Traveling Otaku of Gensokyo
  • I want to be a little NEET moon princess
Re: Kancolle Kai 4: Winter Event is coming!
« Reply #229 on: January 31, 2017, 02:27:36 PM »
Hey guys, sorry for the long overdue delay. I've been busy working on a lot of stuff as of late that has become very important. 

I'm going to start over a few questions here:

I wouldn't be too hyped about jets until they make a pure fighter version
(not mine)

That video there is misleading, but it is known that while jets are more evasive than normal planes. But yeah, if you only have 1 jet or so they become more vunerable. Having at least 2 Jets kinda helps flake off "some of the risk". But otherwise a full battery of Tsu-class can still screw you over like always if one is lucky enough to score a solid hit on the planes in question.

Alright. I think I've lost my mind. I finally managed to unlock the first LBAS via the quests and this should have given me the quest that allows me to get the Prototype Keiun, but it didn't and I  can't find the problem.

Anyone know what I might be missing here? I'm pretty sure I've done everything I've needed to do, so this is pretty infuriating.

You have your LBAS, I guess I should ask the other question, do you have Shoukaku and Zuikaku's questline complete for thier prototype flight decks? That may be also a contributor possibly.

Outside of that not entirely sure ATM, I will look it up just to make sure if need be.

Now let's talk about a few things that have been announced....

Arashio Kai Ni

If you been following up, you know that Arashio now has a Kai Ni remodel. She needs to be level 67 and have a blue print, she's pretty much like using Ooshio, but more armor. So she's kinda good on her own terms. Also she can use Daihatsu and tanks.

Also if you have Arashio at Kai Ni, you can also complete her quest line... which is.... rather intimidating.... but if you have a strong fleet it'll pay off and you get a reinforcement expansion out of the package.

In addition, a Heavy Cruiser Kai Ni remodel is in the works to come out in the Spring time and it appears to be someone who was.... JUST re-introduced into the game via LSC.

Zara

From what has been know, Zara is now avaliable via LSC and can be obtained if you have a certain group of Italian Kanmusu. (Libeccio or Pola) and using a resource recipe that is not too much or too little.

Which speaking on an additional note, Libeccio is also now available in the normal part of the game on 4-5 in Nodes H,I, and J.

I suppose you're also aware that Turbines and Boilers are considered important for improving the speed of your kanmusu now right? You can make slow kanmusu go fast (to take better branching paths) and fast kanmusu go... even faster. So far Fast+ and Fastest don't do much (besides improve evasion), but it's expect to have some effects in the future.

Outside of that I'm certain everyone knows by now about...

The Winter 2017 Event

Basiclly this event is being planned to take place on February 11th. Which will be the same day KanColle will be holding a panel at the JAEPO convention.

So far we know that:

1. Event is going to be small scale
2. Destroyer from the 5th Destroyer Division Matsukaze is going to appear in the event.
3. Other Destroyers are coming as well.

Other than that, that's all the info we got.

Also for additional stuff KanColle is planning this year. I recommend reading up on Tanaka's interview from the Kancolle Style Volume 3.
http://en.kancollewiki.net/wiki/Kensuke_Tanaka_Interview:_Kancolle_Style_Vol._3

Once again sorry for not coming back sooner to let you know what's up. It has been a very busy month for me.

I'll probably check back on everyone here a week from now to see how you're all standing.

Just remember, a small scale event is usually 3 maps big. But keep in mind that since the last event, it may be possible you might have to do some extensive hoop jumping. So plan accordingly.

Anyways good luck to you admirals out there!

Also as a final question... have you all been able to complete those limited time quests that appeared over Chirstmas, New Years and and now Setsubun? There were and are some good stuff out of the deal.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2017, 02:34:33 PM by Totaku »
That's one small step for man, one giant leap for Otaku Kind.
Tsunami Channel Home of  Japanese webcomics Artist Akira Hasegawa.
My Deviant Art site gallery
Now I Twitter

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
« Reply #230 on: January 31, 2017, 02:46:05 PM »
@Totaku I did most of the quests that were limited time and I'm hyped for the event.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #231 on: February 01, 2017, 02:45:27 AM »
You have your LBAS, I guess I should ask the other question, do you have Shoukaku and Zuikaku's questline complete for thier prototype flight decks? That may be also a contributor possibly.

Outside of that not entirely sure ATM, I will look it up just to make sure if need be.
Turns out that was EXACTLY the problem. I think I got one of my flight decks through an event reward, which completely threw me off. Needless to say though, I've now got an extra one, as well as my two jets. I blew a lot of resources doing it, but I'm still in the upper 190k range for all of 'em.

That said though, my Zara SHOULD be leveled enough for her Kai Ni when it happens... apart from that though, I'm a little surprised the event is this soon, but it was expected for the most part.

Totaku

Re: Kancolle Kai 4: Winter Event: Operation Hikari is coming!
« Reply #232 on: February 08, 2017, 11:19:39 PM »
The event is almost here and it's now time for me to lay down the news to you all!

Let's discuss a few important facts regarding the Winter Event!

The Title of the Event will be called: Reconnisance Force!, Emergency Maneuver! Operation Hikari

The theme of this event will center around one of WWII's final campaigns which served was part of the Pacific Theater. Operation Hikari

You're note going to find much on it historically from wikipedia but if you go to Combine's fleets website and read up on some submarines from the war you can get a good picture.

So lemme summarized it for your:
The Ulithi Atoll, one of America's biggest and quikckly made stronghold was build on this small group of islands which served as one of the USN's major foundations for the late part of WWII. It was here that the majority of the US Fleet was stationed and organized until the near the very end of the war following the Leyte Gulf happenen giving America the gateway it needed to advance closer to Japan's home area.

The Atoll was used as a main base of operation for a little over 8th months before it was later abandoned.

During the time the US occupied the Atoll Japan made several attempt to find a way to engage the main fleet at the Ulithi Atoll but knowing the sheer size of the fleet there they decided to conduct a stealth operation.

These Operations would be known as Operation Hikari and Operatin Arashi.

Operation Hikari would be a scouting Operation in which the aircraft carrying submarines I-13 and i-14 would conduct a scouting operation to pinpoint the location of USN carriers at the atoll and report back to thier other team of subs for Operation Arashi.

Operation Arashi would used the Aircraft Carrying Subs I-400 ad I-401to launch an assault against the carriers using thier seaplanes to attempt to do damage to the carriers in the area.

While Operation Hikari did happen and I-13 was sunk in route to the Atoll, I-14 successfully completed her operation and reported back her findings.

I-400 and I-401 deployed out torward the atoll to perfrom Operation Arashi. But along the way they were contacted by Japanese HQ and were told that Japan had surrended to the US. And as a results the submarines were forced to pull back and return to Japan.

It was discovered that I-400 and I-401 were armed with Seiran Seaplanes that were painted to be disgused as American planes which violated to color code of war.

With this known we can assume that submarines may have a more productive role this event compared to beforehand.

At the same time though I do feel like I need to go over the informatino that has been revealed by Dev Tweets and through Comptiq which is as follow.

1. Winter 2017 would consist of 3 maps.
2. The theme of Winter 2017 is Operation Hikari, which is a transport mission to Truk done by subs.
3. Unlike IRL, Operation Hikari would NOT be followed by Operation Arashi (the actual airstrike on Ulithi Atoll done by I-400 and I-401.)

Fun Note: According to Tanaka, this is because the human side still has their fleet in KC world, and could take a different approach.

4. The 2nd Event map reward will be the Destroyer that sunk off of the Ogasawara Islands while conducting a transport operation.
5. The first event map will be related to the Ogasawara Islands.
6. The final event map will reward you with the Submairine that successfully completed Operation Hikari (I-14)
7. Her twin compaion is also expected to appear as well (I-13)
8. New Submarine equipment will be rewarded on the final map.
9. If you're challenging higher difficulty, you are adviced to bring 2 or more Saiuns with you.

So yeah the event looks like you're getting 1 Destroyer and 2 Subs.

Anyways that's it for here. You all have a little over 2 days left. So hopefully you're all prepared.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2017, 11:23:53 PM by Totaku »
Now I Twitter

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #233 on: February 09, 2017, 01:14:46 AM »
It'll probably be incredibly annoying to farm for I-13, but it's nothing I'm not already used to. ;>;

With that said... it'd be nice if they added Roma as a drop again so that I can finally try and grab her.

Totaku

« Reply #234 on: February 10, 2017, 06:43:58 PM »
The Teasers now begin.... first up.... Mystery Kanmusu X #1

Game will be down in 7 hours from now. So do prepare before the game goes down.
Maintainance will take 10 and half hours.... assuming there is no delays.

Also tonight Kancolle Arcade will be in the spotlight at the JAEPO expo and I'll try to cover what I can on that as well.
Now I Twitter

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
« Reply #235 on: February 11, 2017, 12:39:40 AM »
The Teasers now begin.... first up.... Mystery Kanmusu X #1

Game will be down in 7 hours from now. So do prepare before the game goes down.
Maintainance will take 10 and half hours.... assuming there is no delays.

Also tonight Kancolle Arcade will be in the spotlight at the JAEPO expo and I'll try to cover what I can on that as well.
Yay!!! Let's play the waiting game.~

Fetch()tirade

• serial time-waster
« Reply #236 on: February 11, 2017, 02:26:44 AM »
Broke 50k fuel just in time
Graf/pastas in a good spot this time please

Totaku

« Reply #237 on: February 11, 2017, 08:15:40 PM »
It's time! Let's proceed to talk quickly about the the event as it came out earlier today!

The Winter is here! It's time to partake in Operation Hikari! Also, love is in the air as some Kanmusus bring chocolates to the admirals.

Let's summarized this update
http://en.kancollewiki.net/wiki/Game_Updates/2017/February_11
http://en.kancollewiki.net/wiki/Winter_2017_Event
February 11, 2017 Winter 2017 Event Update

1. The Winter 2017 Even is has begun!

Only the first two maps will be available tonight; the final map will be implemented tomorrow (February 12th).
E-1: Preparation for Operation Hikari
E-2: Strengthening the Patrol Line in Ogasawara Islands
The Yuugumo-class DD Fujinami will be obtainable from map E-2.
The Kamikaze-class DD Matsukaze will be obtainable as a reward for completing map E-2.

2. Valentine's Day Content

Oboro, Minazuki, and Takanami have received new Valentine's Day CGs.
The previous years' Valentine's Day CGs will also return as a part of this update.

3. New furniture
Kisaragi Wallpaper New!
Kisaragi Window New!
*Submarines' Drawer New!
*This piece of furniture can be obtained as a part of clearing the event maps.

And with that Operation Hikari has begun! I will be streaming now so if you wish to catch me feel free to watch me over here.
https://www.twitch.tv/totaku2
Now I Twitter

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #238 on: February 18, 2017, 12:31:15 AM »
So!

Managed to beat E-1 on Hard and E-2 on Medium since the rewards were pretty enticing, though E-2 gave me more trouble than anticipated because I'm an idiot who wasn't aware that Junyou is a slow ship. Managed to beat it relatively easily after realizing my mistake though.

As for E-3 Easy... the transport portion was easy and the debuffs were pretty simple to pull off as well, however the last dance is kicking my ass right now. I can't seem to kill the flagship at the moment and my airstrikes and boss support aren't softening up the enemy enough. After a bit of trial and error I THINK I've got a set-up that should be able to kill her, but the RNG is screwing me and to make matters worse we keep getting hit with the worst possible positioning at the boss node that you can get WITH the Saiun, making things harder.

I swear, if we could just get ONE T-Cross advantage, we could probably obliterate the boss.

EDIT: Still haven't beaten E-3, but I've obtained Teruzuki, meaning I've got the full set of -Zuki sisters now.

EDIT 2: Turns out all I needed was more fighter power. Well... that and Kitakami critting the Twins for over 300 damage before leaving it to Verniy to finish 'em off with another torpedo cut-in.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2017, 05:32:54 AM by Kasu »

qMyon

• Chill - just chill
  • Keepin' it vanilla smooth
« Reply #239 on: February 18, 2017, 07:34:08 AM »
Easy clear! I picked up Teruzuki on the last run too, which is nice.

After several unsuccessful runs using STF, switching to a fighter-heavy CTF did the trick. Even then, it was a little touch-and-go until KTKM took the last 300 HP off the boss.