Author Topic: An Advertisement for the Library...  (Read 4367 times)

Hannibal_Kills

• To Hell and Beyond
  • I don't give a damn about rules...
An Advertisement for the Library...
« on: May 14, 2016, 04:10:14 PM »
Here I stand, to tell all writers in The Scarlet Library, that us from the "Touhou Addict Recovery Center" board has established a thread called:

The Touhou Thread User Story Medley! ~ Shenanigans of the Maiden Community ~

A brief short history:
On the 17th of April in the current year 2016, an ordinary but experienced member of MotK decided to start a story thread where everyone can contribute to it's storyline, and his name was HalfGrand. The moderators have now discourage the infamous "What if..." thread for being spammy, with nearly all of it's posts containing no more than ten words. Seeing that everyone just troll-answer each other just to ask his/her seemingly more important question while ending up in the same endless loop of dissatisfying chain of posts with dozens of repeated questions, it is clear that the Miscellaneous Questions Thread is far more proper considering that it demands the most accurate answers explained in detail to the questioners.

And therefore, HalfGrand (who must've miss the thread, idk) takes on in a different way:
What we will do is write a story together, taking turns with each post to add to the story and end up seeing what kind of crazy shenanigans we end up coming up with using community participation. This will be fun!

So far, we had managed to drive the story into chaos. But we also reminded ourselves to control the plot, if not then we would have to spread our thinking on how to link each story arc to another. I was also surprised on the creativity of ourselves when weaving the storyline. In short, almost every post is a surprise waiting for you, maybe. But recently, we got a problem...

The Present
We don't have enough manpower to continue the story actively. The only writers contributing are:
  • HalfGrand - Executed
  • andykhang
  • Boomer - AWOL
  • Hannibal_Kills
  • Starlighthawk

These are the current writers of the thread and the ones who have contributed, but left the game, yet only Grand was more skilled in writing. The rest of us are newbies/amateurs. We simply don't have enough writers to get the thread active. And so, here's the main reason of  'em all:

We need to get free writers from The Scarlet Library to contribute to the thread. We are not drafting nor are we forcing you but we are just low on hands to type the keyboard, so we are needing help. At first, I'm sure all of you experienced writers would cringe at our works, but in the end of the argument, it's just another Touhou crack fanfiction.

To the mods, I don't know what would happen to this thread for the next couple of hours but at least I want every writers of the library informed.

(We just lost our squad leader and all hope seemed lost after that.)
« Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 03:42:55 PM by Hannibal_Kills »

A Hellcat went down the Hell's Highway after the Battle for Caen, "Byou". - Hannibal

Hannibal_Kills

• To Hell and Beyond
  • I don't give a damn about rules...
Re: An Advertisement for the Library...
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2016, 11:22:34 PM »
And oh, I forgot to say that we are doing this just for fun. It's not a serious business really but if you are joining the game, please don't mess the story up too much.

A Hellcat went down the Hell's Highway after the Battle for Caen, "Byou". - Hannibal

Lollipop

• stay woke
  • literally and figuratively dying
Re: An Advertisement for the Library...
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2016, 11:44:25 PM »
Hmm, looks fun! Don't know if I'll join or not, though.

Also, you could've just edited the original post.
Touhou 1CCS:
Hard: LLS, EoSD(NB), PCB(NB), IN, MoF, TD, DDC(NB), LoLK
Lunatic: EoSD, PCB, DDC, LoLK
Extra: LLS, EoSD, PCB(Extra&Phantasm), IN, MoF, SA, DDC, LoLK
Current Focus: 1cc SA Hard, or an Extra