Author Topic: Pokemon Sun and Moon are out! Alola, MoTK!  (Read 124045 times)

Re: Pokemon Sun and Moon are out! Alola, MoTK!
« Reply #360 on: December 01, 2016, 04:38:57 PM »
So I went on the GTS to see if people were offering UBs for trade because I was waiting for someone to take my offer for a mon so I get more for my living dex. Why not, it's not I can get anything now anyways without the stuff in my bank, right?

Spoiler:
Someone was asking for a female Mimikyu at lv. 30 for their UB-03 Lighting. I took the trade and it actually went through. I actually got a UB early  :o HE DANCES IN REFRESH WHY DOES HE DANCE SO JOYFULLY
Besides the cover legendary, and type:Null everything is fairly easy to get on GTS if it's not a trade holding specific item evolution (especially Porygon-(2/z) and Milotic, god damn is Milotic's evolution item hard to find extras of)

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #361 on: December 01, 2016, 10:31:34 PM »
While this isn't entirely Sun and Moon related, Meloetta's distribution is happening this month, so pick her(?) up while you can.

« Reply #362 on: December 01, 2016, 10:55:40 PM »
While this isn't entirely Sun and Moon related, Meloetta's distribution is happening this month, so pick her(?) up while you can.
Or in sun/moon news Magearna is available (QR code) next week.

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #363 on: December 01, 2016, 11:42:41 PM »
Timid Lunala?  Eh, it'll work.

I've definitely been taking my time with this game.  It's really solid.

Teewee

• In the forest, lazing around...
  • ...building nothing but clay castles.
« Reply #364 on: December 02, 2016, 07:17:06 PM »
Yeah, it is a real level jump, you didn't miss anything. It's honestly not too bad though if you play to type matchups right and all that, but of course you can always grind some wilds if you're concerned about being underleveled. I was in the exact same situation as you level-wise, and I finished all the events on Poni Island in the mid-40s (43 to 46), so it's more than doable.

Yeah, you'd be surprised at how well you can do while underleveled, provided you have good type matchups, movesets, and pokemon with good stats. I mean, look here; it's like in SMT.

I beat the Elite Four about a week ago, though admittedly, I didn't deserve to beat
Spoiler:
Kukui
; I had to use so many healing items, it was painful to go through (and cringeworthy to see, if you were to watch that battle). Later, I found that most my team comp was just bad; my team were leveled just about right, but shared too many weaknesses to
Spoiler:
Kukui's
team. Had somewhat-questionable movesets, too. ^^;

« Reply #365 on: December 02, 2016, 07:29:17 PM »
Timid Lunala?  Eh, it'll work.

I've definitely been taking my time with this game.  It's really solid.
Timid primarina was carrying me hard, certainly not bad for a pure special attacker, especially in mirror matches. 

All tapu(s) collected, damn were some a pain...

Toxapex is murderous, signature move is protect; but it also poisons if the move was physical contact. Then you have 100% crit vs poisoned targets ability (to make up for having low damage).
Still have yet to play around with all the nastiness mimikyu can do as well.

PvP has taught me that status z-moves are definitely a thing, and unlike the damage ones there's more variation. Oh and Z-splash is
Spoiler:
a 3 stage attack boost  :] .

Also loving the huge variety of challengers to your league title, just had the youngster you fist battled on route 1

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #366 on: December 02, 2016, 07:34:30 PM »
Timid primarina was carrying me hard, certainly not bad for a pure special attacker, especially in mirror matches. 

All tapu(s) collected, damn were some a pain...

Toxapex is murderous, signature move is protect; but it also poisons if the move was physical contact. Then you have 100% crit vs poisoned targets ability (to make up for having low damage).
Still have yet to play around with all the nastiness mimikyu can do as well.

Mimikyu and Toxapex are definitely going on my competitive team as well. Regenerator Toxapex is definitely better, but Merciless is so much fun...

PvP has taught me that status z-moves are definitely a thing, and unlike the damage ones there's more variation. Oh and Z-splash is
Spoiler:
a 3 stage attack boost  :] .
Z-Weather seems to boost speed, which is kiiind of a big deal.

Spoiler:
Also loving the huge variety of challengers to your league title, just had the youngster you fist battled on route 1

I LOVE THIS MECHANIC. I love a lot of the changes in this game, but... That might be my favorite one.
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #367 on: December 02, 2016, 07:46:57 PM »
I want a hack where you get to go onto the golf courses, and then ride your Tauros around while a 3DS'd version of Breakin' The Law plays instead of the usual Tauros theme.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #368 on: December 03, 2016, 04:56:50 AM »
Anybody want to trade a Litten for a Rowlet and Moon Ultra Beasts for Sun Ultra Beasts? I don't have any of those in my Pokedex so I can't search them on GTS.

I thought somebody said GTS was good this generation, but it's fucking pathetic trash as usual. EVERY SINGLE trade for Poplio right now wants a legendary. ALL of them. Ugh.

Bio

• resident walker
« Reply #369 on: December 03, 2016, 07:55:07 AM »
If GTS hasn't changed since previous iterations, you should be able to manually search for the species you want even if it hasn't been encountered.

« Reply #370 on: December 03, 2016, 03:49:17 PM »
Also weird thing, Sun and Moon do not have a National Dex, i wonder if when we get the pokebank update in January for Sun and Moon we will get an update bringing the National Dex  ???
1CC Easy: UFO , MOF, PCB, DDC, GFW, POFV, TD, IN, SA, 1CC Normal: MOF, DDC, IN, POFV, PCB, TD, EOSD, HSIFS
Extra Mode: Ran Yakumo, Okina Matara

« Reply #371 on: December 03, 2016, 07:35:14 PM »
I suspect so, on national dex, although might be later.
Anybody want to trade a Litten for a Rowlet and Moon Ultra Beasts for Sun Ultra Beasts? I don't have any of those in my Pokedex so I can't search them on GTS.

I thought somebody said GTS was good this generation, but it's fucking pathetic trash as usual. EVERY SINGLE trade for Poplio right now wants a legendary. ALL of them. Ugh.
Trades for non legendaries can go in SECONDS, unless there is excess supply (poplio is OP as hell, so there isn't). Got all starters in like 5 minutes if I remember right.
 Also consider putting up an offer seeking one, I'd recommend any SOS only, especially weather ones, or island scan mon.
Saddly just released about 20 poplio earlier today, so have no spares.

« Reply #372 on: December 03, 2016, 07:47:36 PM »
Hidden abilities can also be a good idea to offer for things; I got a Slowking for my dex by putting up a Moody Smeargle.

« Reply #373 on: December 03, 2016, 07:54:19 PM »
Hidden abilities can also be a good idea to offer for things; I got a Slowking for my dex by putting up a Moody Smeargle.
Err you can't see abilities only hold item, level and gender.
You underestimate how rare Smeargle is (have never seen one wild, not for lack of searching), also all the rare fish go quite well.

My FC is 1006-2084-6602
might be useful to actually friend some of you, suspect trade evolving a lot of porygon (not doing that with randoms, note the total lack of porygon 2/z on GTC) might be a very good idea (conversion-Z is potentially very strong)
« Last Edit: December 03, 2016, 08:02:00 PM by Think Komachi with a Rifle »

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #374 on: December 03, 2016, 07:59:53 PM »
Had a Rowlet up for a Litten for 14 hours last night with no takers. No special conditions or anything. After refreshing for like an hour earlier I found two fair Ultra Beast trades but both were already gone by the time I clicked on them.

Finally just took down my Rowlet because apparently nobody wanted it, so maybe I can get some Ultra Beast trades going if I offer them. Haven't been home in a bit to check.

I did get a Poplio for a Rowlet almost instantly though, which makes the Litten thing even weirder.

« Reply #375 on: December 03, 2016, 08:03:42 PM »
Err you can't see abilities only hold item, level and gender.

Huh, maybe I misremembered. That just makes the trade weird though, since Smeargle isn't particularly rare at all; it's not uncommon in the first few grass patches of route 2 (not the charging mon, the actual grass).

Fulisha of Light

• Also known as Felis-Licht
  • Light and Day Aeon ~C☆
« Reply #376 on: December 03, 2016, 11:58:24 PM »
So I ended up not leveling up my party all to lv. 60, but around 55-57 range (except for Ribombee). To get rare mons off of the GTS, I took up the habit of grinding Jangmo-o SOS battles until a Kommo-o (or Hakamo-o 1 level away from evolving with good IVs) appeared, caught it, and put it up on the GTS while also taking its free Razor Claw and evolving a Sneasel for later. Got another UB
Spoiler:
Origami guy
by trading a Litten, and something else I left up on the GTS (maybe another Litten or a Popplio, I really don't remember) got me a jap. Type: Null  :o Someone must've either had a spare or was desperate.
I chained quite a few Hakamo-o in SOS battles enough to level up a lot, but sadly no shiny ever appeared (did have a Jangno-o call for a Kommo-o on its first turn, but I accidentally killed it  :()

Went through the E4:
Spoiler:
Not bad at all, except maybe Olivia's Carbink. I was surprised to find Kahili finally, and I fought her first because I wasn't sure what type was depicted on the wall before her room. It feels kinda strange she hasn't appeared despite being mentioned. I actually thought she was the champion based on the demo's line of her conquering the world.
Imagine my surprise when Kukui is like "it's not that easy is it?" and fights me with the INTRO BEING PART OF HIS FUCKING BATTLE THEME. He didn't give me much trouble either, though Snorlax was hard to take down without Toxapex to poison it. Amazing battle nonetheless.
The champion celebration was great, except for people telling me "now we're gonna fight for your chair!" If I go to the league again, will that actually start causing a bunch of trainers attempting to take my chair?  :V
Also caught Tapu Koko in a great ball. That battle music was spooky and rather fitting.

Post game
Spoiler:
caught me by surprise. Not only Looker, but Anabel returns! chinese leaks were real after all Who proceed to make Kukui's battle look like a joke. I nearly wiped due to her damn Mismagius. Now I'm on the hunt for a Nihilego of my own, and its quite tenacious. Any exit I try to reach triggers a battle with it immediately right as I hit the loading zone. Trying to get one with a decent nature in a Dive ball is hell, it either 2-3 shots my party with Power Gem.
I feel regretful I didn't raise my team all up to lv. 60 because
Spoiler:
Anabel
sure showed me how hard post game is gonna be.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #377 on: December 04, 2016, 12:22:11 AM »
Well, I guess people don't want to trade ultra beasts either. Had my Kartana for someone else's Pheromosa up for ten hours with no takers. That is the correct matchup, right? Kartana and Pheromosa are the two that you get four of? I don't see a million people out there offering this trade so it's not like I'm just getting lost in the shuffle, but apparently this isn't a good deal for anyone? Solagaleo or nothing I guess. :wat:

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #378 on: December 04, 2016, 04:10:08 AM »
Trades for non legendaries can go in SECONDS, unless there is excess supply (poplio is OP as hell, so there isn't). Got all starters in like 5 minutes if I remember right.
I don't know, I had the opposite experience when I went onto the GTS earlier today. Got both starters in one try each and a good number of the version exclusives without too much hassle, but it was the legendaries that I could never get in time before someone else already traded with them. -_-

You underestimate how rare Smeargle is (have never seen one wild, not for lack of searching), also all the rare fish go quite well.
Smeargle have like a 20% chance to appear in the first few patches of grass on Route 2. That's hardly rare at all, though admittedly they do have lower chances elsewhere.
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

« Reply #379 on: December 04, 2016, 04:36:39 PM »
Now starting to farm for annoying to get hold items, and hidden abilities.
Anyone found an Eevee (or evolved one) with its yet?
Adaptability may be awesome if you intend to keep it as Eevee  (for that z-move opener) but hidden is better on half the evolved ones.

Fulisha of Light

• Also known as Felis-Licht
  • Light and Day Aeon ~C☆
« Reply #380 on: December 04, 2016, 10:02:13 PM »
Well, I guess people don't want to trade ultra beasts either. Had my Kartana for someone else's Pheromosa up for ten hours with no takers. That is the correct matchup, right? Kartana and Pheromosa are the two that you get four of? I don't see a million people out there offering this trade so it's not like I'm just getting lost in the shuffle, but apparently this isn't a good deal for anyone? Solagaleo or nothing I guess. :wat:

I hear people are hoarding the mosquito and bamboo UB as well. You might have better luck offering a Lapras or Kommo-o.

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
« Reply #381 on: December 04, 2016, 10:59:09 PM »
I can testify to Celesteela being a hot commodity right now. I even tried to trade for an extra one to help me get a Kartana easier, only to see plenty of people still asking for Celesteela in return lol.

In other news, I never thought grinding for Festival Coins could be so much fun. I ended up going online for the type matchup challenge at the right time, because I consistently got dozens of people joining the same room for a while, pretty much guaranteeing a max reward as long as I joined up fast enough. One time the challenge had 100 participants and we broke a total score of 1000. That record's never falling lol.
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #382 on: December 04, 2016, 11:09:40 PM »
I can testify to Celesteela being a hot commodity right now. I even tried to trade for an extra one to help me get a Kartana easier, only to see plenty of people still asking for Celesteela in return lol.

In other news, I never thought grinding for Festival Coins could be so much fun. I ended up going online for the type matchup challenge at the right time, because I consistently got dozens of people joining the same room for a while, pretty much guaranteeing a max reward as long as I joined up fast enough. One time the challenge had 100 participants and we broke a total score of 1000. That record's never falling lol.

I've got Kartanas that I can't get rid of, so I've got you there if you need one. Are you interested in trading a Pheromosa for it?

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
  • 90 Frames per Second GO!
« Reply #383 on: December 05, 2016, 01:29:43 AM »
I managed to get a Pheromosa by trading a Timid Snow Warning Vulpix with some egg moves, but it's got a garbage nature. I can still pass it off if you want to fill in your Dex, though.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #384 on: December 05, 2016, 01:45:38 AM »
I managed to get a Pheromosa by trading a Timid Snow Warning Vulpix with some egg moves, but it's got a garbage nature. I can still pass it off if you want to fill in your Dex, though.

I appreciate the offer, but my madness requires me to own all Pokemon. I put them in boxes in Pokedex order and enjoy looking at the full pages. Which is going to be a bitch when it comes to
Spoiler:
getting ahold of a Cosmog, Cosmeon, Solgaleo, AND Lunala
and figuring out what to do with the Alolan forms, but that's what I gotta do.

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
« Reply #385 on: December 05, 2016, 02:02:51 AM »
I've got Kartanas that I can't get rid of, so I've got you there if you need one. Are you interested in trading a Pheromosa for it?
Sure, I'm online right now. Anything else you might need as well? I only need Electivire and Porygon's evos. Do I need to do anything special to show up on your guest list for trading?

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #386 on: December 05, 2016, 02:09:18 AM »
Sure, I'm online right now. Anything else you might need as well? I only need Electivire and Porygon's evos. Do I need to do anything special to show up on your guest list for trading?

I need a lot of stuff. Alolan Sandshrew, Vullaby, Drampa, Archen, and Shieldon. I don't necessarily have the equivalents to trade for all of those though (and you probably don't want them if you already have everything else).

We can trade evolve Porygon (I'll trade you back Porygon 2 and you can send it back to me again) assuming you have the necessary items on hand.

I think we both need to be on each others' friend lists to see each other, but it might just need to be one way. My in-game name is Blue and my friend code is in the OP.

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
« Reply #387 on: December 05, 2016, 02:23:07 AM »
I need a lot of stuff. Alolan Sandshrew, Vullaby, Drampa, Archen, and Shieldon. I don't necessarily have the equivalents to trade for all of those though (and you probably don't want them if you already have everything else).

We can trade evolve Porygon (I'll trade you back Porygon 2 and you can send it back to me again) assuming you have the necessary items on hand.

I think we both need to be on each others' friend lists to see each other, but it might just need to be one way. My in-game name is Blue and my friend code is in the OP.
Okay, my FC is 0662-7560-4844, and my player's name is Chara. And yeah, I would need to spend some time breeding those first mons again anyway, but I'm set with Porygon's items.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #388 on: December 05, 2016, 02:26:50 AM »
Works for me, my main priority is Pheromosa right now.

Added your code, so we can do Kartana<->Pheromosa and then trade Porygon back and forth. And if you want to breed up copies of those other things on my list eventually I can hopefully use that time to scrounge up some hidden ability Pokemon that art actually worth trading for. Gonna see if I can get my hands on a Regenerator Mareanie for one.

I'm in-game right now, so I'll keep an eye out for you.

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
« Reply #389 on: December 05, 2016, 02:41:19 AM »
Back in the plaza now, had to exit to put the Dubious Disc on Porygon2. Unless I just missed something and there was some way to do that without leaving lol.