Author Topic: Pokemon Sun and Moon are out! Alola, MoTK!  (Read 123678 times)

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
Re: Pokemon Sun and Moon are out! Alola, MoTK!
« Reply #510 on: January 14, 2017, 06:24:37 AM »
Completing the Dex is becoming 100% Pure Hell.  Specifically, Porygon2 and Porygon-Z.

The ⑨th Zentillion

• The impeaches were delicious...
  • Now hungry for conviction!
    • Zentillion's Tumblr
« Reply #511 on: January 14, 2017, 08:25:12 AM »
Yeah, people are really stingy with the Porygon evols it seems. Any item + trade evols seem to be this way, and it's really annoying. Better find close friends or be really lucky or have something rare as hell to exchange! Thankfully most can be traded for other item + trade evol mons, but not the Porygons.

Edit: I do have a porygon with an up-grade sitting in GTS limbo right now. If you have one too you might be able to find it fast.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2017, 08:31:56 AM by The ⑨th Zentillion »
Did you bring a light?
...No...

Smash the Fash; The far right belongs in the TRASH.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #512 on: January 14, 2017, 09:13:01 AM »
When in doubt, spam Weavile apparently. Or yeah, trade with one of us or with a local friend.
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

The ⑨th Zentillion

• Zentillion's Tumblr
« Reply #513 on: January 17, 2017, 02:55:45 AM »
Well, about a day or so after my last post, I got the 'dex completed. Now there's just four stamps left. I'm guessing it's
Spoiler:
Battle Tree completion, Title Defense completion,
and another two I'm unsure of?
« Last Edit: January 17, 2017, 03:13:09 AM by The ⑨th Zentillion »
Did you bring a light?
...No...

« Reply #514 on: January 17, 2017, 11:32:44 AM »
Well, about a day or so after my last post, I got the 'dex completed. Now there's just four stamps left. I'm guessing it's
Spoiler:
Battle Tree completion, Title Defense completion,
and another two I'm unsure of?
Spoiler:
poke finder?

The ⑨th Zentillion

• Zentillion's Tumblr
« Reply #515 on: January 17, 2017, 01:11:20 PM »
Ah, I see, then. Well, figures. Guess I've got a date with
Spoiler:
a certain spot in Panoia ranch and a couple hours of work ahead,
there.
Did you bring a light?
...No...

Plubio

• 宇宙少年
    • Suzunaan
« Reply #516 on: January 17, 2017, 02:10:29 PM »
Ah, I see, then. Well, figures. Guess I've got a date with
Spoiler:
a certain spot in Panoia ranch and a couple hours of work ahead,
there.

Actually,
Spoiler:
the best spot is founding an Absol on Mount Lanakila (the path to Pok?mon League). You get a lot of likes from one photo.

Reddyne

• Give me love and money. I have the rest already.
  • Love and money coming from you is what I need.
« Reply #517 on: January 17, 2017, 03:22:55 PM »
I just started the 100% pokedex quest and left the first island with 50+. Hopefully good fortune in trading will be sufficient to get the real tough ones. I'm half-tempted to finish with exactly one of each kind of pokey in stock but we'll see how quickly those dreams are dashed. I think it's almost time for the breeding place and this is the first time I'll actually use it. I'm guessing I'm not trained or equipped enough for this but oh well time for some awkward poke-romancing.

TA-DAAAAAAA! 61 blood donations and counting! 
Best Mile: 5:30
Best 5k: 18:07
Best Marathon: 3:23:16

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #518 on: January 17, 2017, 04:10:23 PM »
I just started the 100% pokedex quest and left the first island with 50+. Hopefully good fortune in trading will be sufficient to get the real tough ones. I'm half-tempted to finish with exactly one of each kind of pokey in stock but we'll see how quickly those dreams are dashed. I think it's almost time for the breeding place and this is the first time I'll actually use it. I'm guessing I'm not trained or equipped enough for this but oh well time for some awkward poke-romancing.

I filled out my Pokedex with one of everything and it wasn't too bad. Much trickier for the legendaries (extra Type Null and several extra Cosmogs) if the Weavile market has died down, but maybe it hasn't.

Let me know if you need anything reproducible. I can make eggs of whatever.

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
« Reply #519 on: January 18, 2017, 12:00:11 PM »
Got Porygon2 and Porygon-Z the other day.  All I got left is Scizor, and I got a Scyther w/ a Metal Coat sitting on the GTS...

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #520 on: January 19, 2017, 01:08:05 AM »

FINALLY.

YES.

Took, fittingly, a bit under 500 eggs using the Masuda Method and shiny charm.

Pretty good stats, the only things not maxed out are special attack (don't care) and, unfortunately, speed. Will Hyper Train I guess. And of course it's Jolly because I bred it.

I still have about 50 unhatched eggs, maybe I'll get super lucky and get a second one.

Fulisha of Light

• Also known as Felis-Licht
  • Light and Day Aeon ~C☆
« Reply #521 on: January 19, 2017, 05:44:45 PM »
FINALLY.

YES.

Took, fittingly, a bit under 500 eggs using the Masuda Method and shiny charm.

Pretty good stats, the only things not maxed out are special attack (don't care) and, unfortunately, speed. Will Hyper Train I guess. And of course it's Jolly because I bred it.

I still have about 50 unhatched eggs, maybe I'll get super lucky and get a second one.
Nice, I'm about to go hatch for one myself with the swap method for the first time. Because apparently I have a shiny Mimikyu in my dex and I swear I've never encountered a wild one, so its either due to WT or a Battle Video I watched.

I took a break from my Ribbon quest since the Bank's taking its time to come out, and I got 3 shinies this month.

I tried to go for Eevee, and I ended up finding a shiny Espeon in a low chain count (it was the second Espeon to appear).

The next day I wanted a Finneon and decided to actually count my chain this time. I got one at 167, with its hidden ability~

And then I finally got a shiny Eevee after hatching 112 eggs a few days later (had 5 eggs left over, but no second shiny unfortunately).

Reddyne

« Reply #522 on: January 20, 2017, 11:40:27 PM »
I filled out my Pokedex with one of everything and it wasn't too bad. Much trickier for the legendaries (extra Type Null and several extra Cosmogs) if the Weavile market has died down, but maybe it hasn't.

Let me know if you need anything reproducible. I can make eggs of whatever.
Really, I'm looking to get into breeding myself more than anything else, but my understanding is that the breeding Swiss army knife dittos are a long way off. I suppose this wouldn't be too bad but I'd like to breed stuff like the starters and a bunch of semi-rare pokeys that would be a giant pain to breed using conventional methods. :V

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #523 on: January 21, 2017, 05:06:50 AM »
Breeding isn't TOO bad right now. It's easy to get a small stockpile of good Dittos through ally chaining even though a perfect one isn't really plausible. And if the thing you're trying to breed is available in the wild you can get a real good starting point through the same method. The fact that Poke Pelago will hatch your eggs for you makes it a lot less tedious.

If you're trying to breed starters I recommend doing some Wonder Trading. You should get a decent number of starters with good IVs relatively quickly. Some of them might even be playable as-is.

What are you looking to make? What would be "a giant pain to breed through conventional methods"?

Teewee

• In the forest, lazing around...
  • ...building nothing but clay castles.
« Reply #524 on: January 21, 2017, 04:59:59 PM »
Quite a few things can be a giant pain to breed through conventional methods, commandercool. Such as a female Eevee with a hidden ability and a specific hidden power. Mostly because it's just so hard to breed a female eevee in the first place, unless you happen to get lucky. And even if both parents have hidden abilities, the chance of passing it down is a mere 60%.

That's just an example, though.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #525 on: January 21, 2017, 10:09:56 PM »
I mean, I guess, but isn't that putting completely arbitrary restrictions on yourself in almost every case? I get if you want a female Eevee for flavor reasons or a competitive Eevee for battling, but you don't need a competitive female Eevee. Do you? I don't know, maybe that's more important to people than I realize, but that seems like making things difficult just to make them difficult to me.

Admittedly Hidden Power, which does have legit applications, IS kind of a nightmare though.

Teewee

« Reply #526 on: January 21, 2017, 11:01:39 PM »
Fair enough about the competitive; the gender isn't really necessary in case of Eevee (and most pokemon), and would make things unnecessarily difficult. Though if you do want one of those few pokemon where it'd matter (hello, Salazzle and Gallade!), then that's an extra layer of annoyance on the Pokemon-breeding Sandwich of PainTM.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #527 on: January 21, 2017, 11:37:14 PM »
Speaking of pain, has anyone figured out how to power-level things for Hyper Training yet? It takes sooooo looooong in this game and surely there's a better way than just smashing into the Elite Four dozens and dozens of times, right?

Reddyne

« Reply #528 on: January 22, 2017, 12:28:52 AM »
Uh, I think we've got two very different endpoints so I'll try to cover mine in order to show where I'm coming from:

1. I want to play through the game using a team of pokeys of my choosing. This includes one of each of the three starters. I got all of them through wonder trade, but would actually prefer to have them level up at a regular rate and not the trade-boosted one. If I breed them, I'll get them with the normal rate. Since none of them are female and it's a 1/8 chance to get a female, I'd just prefer to breed the starters by going the ditto route.

2. I want to have one of each type of pokey and have it stored it in the bank by the time I'm done. To do so, I basically just want to have a simple way of getting copies of many pokemon without having to rely on trades. I'm not looking forward to catching or trading for 9 eevees and if catching one mareanie is such a pain I'd prefer to breed it than catch another. Again, this makes breeding via ditto seem like the way to go because I just want to get semi-rare pokeys and breed them to get more.

3. I'm really digging this game but I have others to play. I don't really care so much about getting pokeys with a specific IV or Nature. I'm not touching PVP. It's more or less about filling out the pokedex, having one of each kind in stock, and finishing the game with a team I want moreso than anything else. Trading is nice, but I'd like to use as many tools as possible.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #529 on: January 22, 2017, 01:01:44 AM »
Wait, what? I don't understand what your problem is then. You said "breeding Swiss army knife dittos are a long way off" which made me assuming you meant breeding for IVs, since breeding for collection doesn't take a "Swiss army knife Ditto" of any kind. What did you mean?

I'm certainly not recommending trade-only or anything, I understand that you want to breed since you, you know, said that. I guess I'm just hung up on why any ol' Ditto wouldn't do for what you're talking about here.

Sorry, I'm probably getting hung up on nothing. Feel free to ignore me if this is stupid.

Fulisha of Light

• Also known as Felis-Licht
  • Light and Day Aeon ~C☆
« Reply #530 on: January 25, 2017, 04:42:35 AM »
Bank and Transporter update is out guys  :]
You get a Mewnium Z for updating.

Transporter update allows you to transfer mons off of RBY VC, but Mews obtained with the Mew glitch and any glitch pokemon such as Missingno. are not allowed to transfer (I tried...). Someone has reported that transporting a box with a Missingno. in it may alter the names of your mons in the box to MISSINGNO- or take on the name of the pokemon before it (only 1 case so far), so be careful. All mons from RBY have their HA and may have fixed natures according to their levels.

If you can't find the update, type in "bank" in the search bar in the eShop. You can't use Pokemon Bank until you apply the update.

There's a national dex option in Pokemon Bank; you can access it by pressing Y. You can also view records such as # of eggs hatched and pokemon encountered total between games.

I haven't transferred my living dex yet myself, but I will once I get things organized. Transferring anything from XYORAS to SunMoon is a one way trip, they can never go back to XYORAS even if they have nothing from Alola in their data.

Also not transferring right away because...
Spoiler:
...lost my Super Doubles ribbon quest on battle 33 to a breeder (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻ I don't think I can go another round of Super Doubles, but I don't want to transfer my Delcatty without that ribbon...
« Last Edit: February 13, 2017, 04:04:37 PM by Fulisha of Light »

Mеа

• catnapping
  • three dots connect to rectangles
« Reply #531 on: January 27, 2017, 08:54:18 PM »
Finally picked up a copy, of moon, after all this time, excited to get started later tonight. Which version is it that had the vulpix?
Naked expression; purple raspberry flavour

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #532 on: January 27, 2017, 09:11:59 PM »
Sun. You want a Vulpix? I can give you one.

What starter you gonna pick?

Mеа

• catnapping
  • three dots connect to rectangles
« Reply #533 on: January 27, 2017, 09:34:25 PM »
Yay thanks^^. Unless it determines something later on, I might not have any specific preference. Don't even remember what they looked like much besides bird.
Naked expression; purple raspberry flavour

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
« Reply #534 on: January 29, 2017, 08:22:27 AM »
Completed my Dex and got my Shiny Charm.  (Well, about a week or so ago.)

Now what?  I think I've done nearly everything save for breeding and taking on the Battle Tree.
I've got the Oval Charm, have Zyguard 100% Form, got all the Island Scan Pok?mon, have all the Z-Crystals, Poke Pelego is maxed out, Festival Plaza... bores me.

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #535 on: June 10, 2017, 04:07:03 PM »
Okay so this is apparently several days old at this point since I wasn't paying attention lol, but we have ourselves the newest additions to the Pokemon series: Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon. The reveal trailer for the games was pretty short, but there's still quite a bit of speculation to be had here. Some of the details bring to mind how Black 2 and White 2 were true sequels to the first pair of games in Gen 5, such as the names Sun and Moon being reused for the titles and
Spoiler:
Solgaleo and Lunala having "fused" forms with Necrozma, the speculated third legendary in the trio, which is a definite parallel to Black/White Kyurem
. The environments of Alola that are shown also look to be greatly enhanced, there will be some additional Pokemon that weren't available in Sun and Moon, new battle animations suggest a new/updated mechanic, and some locations go as far as to suggest new Trials. Whether these are true sequels, updated versions in a similar vein to the Gen 1-3 remakes, or some combination of the two remains to be seen, but either way, we won't have to wait long - scheduled release date is November 17, 2017, almost a year to the day after the release of Sun and Moon.

Spoiler:
Ultra-Lunala still looks a hell of a lot better than Ultra-Solgaleo lol.
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #536 on: June 10, 2017, 04:41:58 PM »
I certainly hope it's a sequel and not an enhanced version, since I thought we were over those, but it does kind of seem like it might be a Crystal/Emerald/Platinum sort of thing. Well I'll certainly play it regardless, but I'd much prefer Black/White 2 over Platinum. I'm sure almost everyone would.

Teewee

« Reply #537 on: June 22, 2017, 07:27:05 AM »
Agreed. Especially when at some point, Matsuda said there was no Gen6 remake, all to avoid being too repetitive. True gen sequels are still pretty new, so I'm hoping that's the case.