Author Topic: Touhou Thread User Story Medley! ~Shenanigans of Maiden Community~  (Read 31435 times)

Since the quite popular "What if..." thread has now been locked and discouraged from further such threads by the mods, I wondered what a good alternative would be that would bring the community together to participate like in that last thread but still adhere to the rules. I came up with an idea that would be even more awesome than that last thread:

Touhou Thread User Story Medley!

What we will do is write a story together, taking turns with each post to add to the story and end up seeing what kind of crazy shenanigans we end up coming up with using community participation. This will be fun!

Oh and mods, feel free to kick this thread over to the Library or Art Atelier if you think this thread is better suited to being over there than here.

I'll start the story and provide you with an example of how it goes, ahem...

Our story starts off with everybody's favorite youkai doll, Medicine Melancholy, awaking from a sound slumber on a particularly cloudy day on her favorite patch in the poison flower fields. Rubbing her eyes after she pulls herself up off the ground and dusting off the flower petals attached to her dress, she lets out a bright grin as she starts her brand new day. "Suzuran, suzuran! What wonders will we find in among the dust and petals that blow around in the sky?" Medicine chirped in a dopey voice. After a minute of dancing around the poison flowers in a circle like an idiot, Medicine bent down to smell the blossom of a particularly open bulb suzuran flower. "Aww yeah, that's the good shit right there!" Medicine exclaimed while rubbing the purple residue off her upper lip like a milk mustache.

Medicine walked around for a minute after that to make sure her precious flower field was as perfect as always. All looked swell until something caught the corner of her eye off in the distance. Out of curiosity, medicine flew over to the strange thing she saw in the distance.

When Medicine looked down to see what she saw, she saw it was...
« Last Edit: April 17, 2016, 02:36:14 PM by HalfGrand »

Hannibal_Kills

• To Hell and Beyond
  • I don't give a damn about rules...
Re: Touhou Thread User Story Medley! ~Shenanigans of Maiden Community~
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2016, 12:52:27 PM »
It was a motorcycle, that was kicking up dust that Medicine took interest. The motorcycle had a sidecar too. Riding it was our Byakuren while Nue was sitting in the sidecar, reading a newspaper, except it wasn't from Gensokyo let alone the tengus. While at it, Byakuren took some breezes of air while looking around the scenery. After some distances, which Medicine kept following, they stopped at a random old shelter.

"I'm hungry, man. Did we bring any..." asked Nue but unable to answer it as Byakuren replies,
"That's why we're here." In Byakuren's hands were two lunchboxes. She opened it to reveal curried rice, which made Nue's eyes flash. Both of them began their prayers. Then,

"Let's eat up!"

Medicine approached them as they eat their curry. She wanted to taste Byakuren's curry but she felt disinclined to ask for some, thus she only stared at them. Fortunately, Byakuren took notice and called out for Medicine, "Come here, little one!"

First she thought of hesitating but somehow her body was driven by the heart as she slowly came forth. Byakuren gave a taste of her curry to Medicine. Medicine then chewed and swallowed the food with a cheerful face,

"DELICIOUS!!"

After Byakuren and Nue finished up their food, all in the while chatting with Medicine, they rode on the motorcycle. Byakuren starts the engine,

"See you again!" shouted Medicine as the motorcycle sped off while kicking up dusts as always.

Meanwhile...

A Hellcat went down the Hell's Highway after the Battle for Caen, "Byou". - Hannibal

Boomer

• Lifeless Energy
  • Attributes and weaknesses are the same.
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2016, 12:02:43 PM »
Sudden noises were heard in the background and large flashes of light due to explosions were seen.  Worried about what would become of her field, Medicine flew over to where this was taking place. 

It was a danmaku battle between Marisa Kirisame and Yuuka Kazami, Yuuka seeming to have the advantage here while many of the flowers in their vicinity were ruined.  Yuuka claimed that it was like this before their battle began and she was merely providing a 'lecture' to Marisa for being so careless toward nature.  Seeing this as the perfect opportunity to strike, the tired Marisa activated her spellcard and "MASTER SPARK~" was heard in the distance.  Yuuka quickly caught notice and countered with her own "Dual Spark".  "My my, how very bothersome..." muttered Yuuka, finally ending the match. 

Once again turning to Medicine, she said "also, worry not.  I shall happily replace these flowers soon."  Turning her attention back to the now fallen Marisa, "now what shall I do with you...?" said Yuuka, a creepy smirk on her face.  Marisa quickly made sure to stop whatever Yuuka was planning to do and explained that something happened in the area that caught her interest.  As such, she paid a visit as a means to investigate, as well claiming that the flowers were not destroyed by her and that she simply stopped to take a look herself; in a desperate situation like this, why would anyone lie to someone like Yuuka?  Believing her story, Yuuka decided to not only help Marisa recover also join her on this investigation since it more or less became of Yuuka's concern at this point...
I just know what I know...

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2016, 12:26:43 PM »
"Yawn" let out Medicine in a quick sigh. "I've seen so much danmaku around her lately that I would be more surprised if a cicada fell off a tree stump again. Look Yuuka! just make sure you replace those flowers that were damaged here and you wont have to see my angry face, you got that?". Such brashness, coming from such a small doll, Yuuka couldn't help but chuckle to herself over it. "Don't worry, fellow gardener, you know how good at gardening I am" Yuuka exclaimed with a wink. "Now for you, Marisa, we are going to team up like it's an imperishable night and see what on earth is going on here. Don't fall behind". Marisa stuck out her tongue and shrugged her shoulders, knowing full well not to argue with someone who just duel sparked you out of a danmaku battle. Those two took to the skies and Medicine waved goodbye too those two... for now. Once again, she was all alone in the flower field.

Medicine began to notice that her tummy began to not feel quite right. It was an almost alien feeling for her that she has rarely felt before. Could it have been what the humans call a "tummy ache"? Did the curry that she shared with Byakuren and Nue cause this strange sensation within her? Medicine grew tense with unease at this disturbance within her body that was slowly growing more violent.

"But I'm a doll youkai! How is it even possible that my body has the anatomy of a silly human? Aarrg, I feel terrible!"

Medicine realized that for the longest time, she lived off of the delicate petals of the suzuran flowers. Not too much though, or her feeding habits would disrupt the ecosystem of her precious flower field. Just enough to survive for her. Still, there was no time to idle around now as soon Medicine had to clench her butt cheeks together to stop something coming out behind her!

"Shit! Shit!!! I'm going to have to find a toilet or something that the humans use FAST before I do a projectile shit!"

There was no time! Medicine flew up in the sky as fast as her flying powers could take her and she all but nose dived into the nearby forest that was the closest thing to her flower field that she could think of in her urgent state. Minutes past as she blindly rushed through green bushes and dodged tall tree trunks in her quest to relieve herself of this tense burden within her.

"Oh look! It's a pretty house in among all these trees. They must have a toilet there surely. I gotta go NOW!"

Medicine flew to the strange house on its right side which thankfully had a window which to Medicines delight, had a toilet on the other side. Medicine, who was almost at her limit that she could stand, took irrational measures to make sure she didn't mess herself. "There's no time for pleasantries or courtesy right now, this is an EMERGENCY!".

Medicine, with all her little doll might, smashed the window that blocked her path with her bare fist. Truly it was a sight to behold for such a little doll and because her hands are not made of flesh like us humans are, she sustained no damage. As soon as she made sure that hole was big enough for her to fly through (without tearing her favorite dress on the loose glass shards that remained) she dashed like a flash to the beckoning toilet that was soon to be her temporary throne. Lifting her dress and pulling down her bloomers, she sat down and began to do something that she has never done before.

"Oh god, noooo! Aaahh, it's coming out, eeeeekk!"

(I will spare you the details of Medicines first hurried encounter with a human toilet. Only a twisted youkai would be interested in such details  ::))

Medicine, finally finished, was panting and slightly sweating from her big ordeal. "How do humans regularly go through such a routine like this?" Medicine exclaimed with a sigh of both relief and stress.

But wait! Medicine, who was still sitting on the toilet, freshly finished with her "business", noticed a shadow growing closer and closer to the bathroom she was in through the open doorway. There was no time to pull up her bloomers, she still had to wipe! Medicine was going to be caught on the toilet.

Someone poked their head out of the open doorway into the bathroom... who could it be?
« Last Edit: April 19, 2016, 12:42:55 PM by HalfGrand »

game2011

• mineiptXD
    • Supreme ??asual Dating Verified Women
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2016, 02:11:45 PM »
Do the stories have to be long and serious?  I'm more accustomed to short, silly posts seen on sites like GameFaqs.

Hannibal_Kills

• To Hell and Beyond
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2016, 02:41:03 PM »
Get this thread full of three-word posts and it will end up the same as the "What if..." thread. Please make it long and with content. Serious and humorous stories are welcomed, crazy and hilarious ones are invited! If you can't suit yourself to the thread's rules, you can sit back as a spectator as more people join the server or ask questions.

So in a shell of whatever you like, write a story like your ordinary essay, except that logic is out of the window already.

A Hellcat went down the Hell's Highway after the Battle for Caen, "Byou". - Hannibal

game2011

• mineiptXD
    • Supreme ??asual Dating Verified Women
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2016, 04:21:58 PM »
Get this thread full of three-word posts and it will end up the same as the "What if..." thread. Please make it long and with content. Serious and humorous stories are welcomed, crazy and hilarious ones are invited! If you can't suit yourself to the thread's rules, you can sit back as a spectator as more people join the server or ask questions.

So in a shell of whatever you like, write a story like your ordinary essay, except that logic is out of the window already.
But that doesn't mean it has to have several paragraphs.  A sentence or a paragraph looks good enough to me.

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2016, 04:53:59 PM »
But that doesn't mean it has to have several paragraphs.  A sentence or a paragraph looks good enough to me.

A paragraph is fine of course, but we are trying to get rid of spam threads overall. If this isn't the thread you want it to be, that's too bad, but you can't ask it to change just for you. GameFAQs is still there for you if you need to spam.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2016, 06:04:11 PM »
M-My silly story thread has been broken... ;_;

But on the bright side, at least I have Tengukami's blessing that this isn't a spam thread that's worth deleting... right?

Don't be intimidated by my long, lengthy walls of text guys. I'm the type of writer that goes overboard with details and perfectionism in whatever I write but that doesn't mean that you all have to be as well. A couple of paragraphs should be fine if that's all you want to contribute. Nobody here is going to dictate quality, length or anything like that, it's just a fun game! Cripes, I think I regret now not laying out more ground rules like that in the OP.

Now, somebody get back to writing how Medicine gets off the potty!  :derp:

Monarda

• Tactician that has a soft spot for cuteness.
  • Art by Amibazh
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2016, 07:43:51 PM »
Ummmm... *Slowly comes out of hiding* ehhh, i think I'll try, i am not the brightest in terms of storytelling ..... but I'll do my best !

*Wipes the cold sweat of shyness and nervousness from his forehead*

With a closer look, she saw the face of Alice, whom was both shocked and confused at the sight of her in the toilet. "...what ? Why ? How ?" She then sees the broken window and looks back at Medicine. "First off, how is it possible for a doll to have the need for a bathroom ? Secondly, couldn't you have just knocked on the door and asked politely ?"

Finding herself caught with her pants down (Both figuratively and literally !), she could barely get the words to come out of her mouth. "I ehh, there uh, it's hard to explain, you see... there was this curry, and it was delicious, then i felt this horrible feeling and just had too..."

She stops when a doll of Alice's comes and gives her something. Alice holds it and Medicine realizes what it is. "Smile for the camera." Alice said before a flash went off, she takes a look at the camera and starts giggling. "Eheheheheh, you should have seen the look on your face, oh wait you can." Alice then shows Medicine the picture, Medicine's face has a mix of surprise, horror, embarrassment, and is so red one could swear she was heated up on a blast furnace of how red it is, even though she has no blood, Alice then starts pondering how both of those things are possible for a doll.

Is this good ? I dunno, this is my first time doing his kind of thing. :ohdear:

Edit: HalfGrand-Best Yukari Avatar Pic 10/10 |The smug is just great.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2016, 07:47:38 PM by Starlighthawk »

Boomer

• Lifeless Energy
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2016, 08:11:41 PM »
"In any case, I suppose I also have myself to blame for not keeping the place as secure as I usually do.  I was expecting to come right back so I figured that it was no bother..." she muttered as she was preparing more supplies.  While doing so, she asked Medicine if she had seen Marisa lately.  The two were apparently supposed to meet so that they could investigate that incident occurring at the flower field together.  Medicine explained that Marisa went on alone and had an encounter with Yuuka, who decided to join said investigation.  Letting out an irritated groan, Alice quickly finished getting ready and started back, hoping that she could catch up with Marisa in time, not before kicking Medicine out of the house of course...

Hannibal_Kills

• To Hell and Beyond
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2016, 11:41:28 PM »
"Gyaahhh!!" yelled Medicine as she flew out of the house. She then dragged on the ground with her face before finally stopping. She grumbled herself as she walked around the Forest of Magic randomly.

Medicine's thoughts

Alright, I should be thinking the fact that I am a living doll. Now, how did a I get a stomachache like a human? OH WAIT:

Food + Poison = Food Poisoning

Damn right, I control poison and that is bloody why. Well, I guess I should move on then.

Mind reading ability stopped

Our cute lil' Medicine decides to wander around aimlessly. On her way, she discovered youkai of various looks, although they don't care about Medicine since she was a doll after all. She also encountered giant mushrooms, which she enjoyed bouncing on for a while. Rumia watched her for a while when she passed by but she does not give a single thought of her other than thinking that she was a fairy.

Medicine then continued her aimless journey in the Forest of Magic. She then found a house, which doesn't look like a house wholly. It looked more like a shop and had a signboard written "Kourindou" on it. But something caught her attention more than the shop, it was a covered box near her. She removed the cloth roughly to find doll in the box. She picked up the box and carried it away towards outside the Forest of Magic.

The doll she carried was Annabelle...

Monarda

• Art by Amibazh
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2016, 09:13:06 AM »
Meanwhile, at some other place, our favorite black-white magician and favorite sunflower gardener were still travelling together to find out who the culprit that was damaging flowers was. Marisa suddenly stops and remembers. "Oh no ! I was supposed to wait for Alice ! Now we gotta go back !" As she was about to zap off in the opposite, Yuuka grabbed her dress and pulled her back. "Oh no you don't. We have no time for such trivial matters, she can handle it herself just fine."

"Then why can't you go alone yourself ?!? Let me go !" Marisa struggles to get free. Yuuka replied. "Because you are now my sidekick ever since you lost to me. And the sidekick does everything his partner says. You should..." Before she could even finish the sentence, Marisa hits Yuuka with her magical broom, Yuuka gets knocked back and let's go of Marisa. "No way I'm gonna be your sidekick, go ask Kogasa for that ! Or Reimu. Or Medicine, i dunno, now i need to meet up with Alice."

"OWWW ! That was just mean you know ?!?!?" Yuuka said as she was assessing the damage, nothing serious, but there is a print of the broom in her face. "You asked for it ! Should have let me go." Then suddenly Yuuka pays Marisa back with a hit of one of her handmade custom trowels. "YEOUCH ! Metal objects aren't allowed !" Marisa screamed.

The two continued to argue and hit each other. While Sanae, who was on a (forced) trip to get some special mushrooms by the will of Suwako, stood in the distance enjoying the show. "Maybe i should intervene ? ........nah, this is a chance of a lifetime !" While eating a chocolate bar.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2016, 09:53:47 AM by Starlighthawk »

« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2016, 03:16:48 PM »
Sanae munched that chocolate bar like a fat kid getting to the center of a jam doughnut... some might argue though that Sanae has been looking a little pudgier than usual lately. Enthralled with the fight above her that was only getting more and more heated by the minute, Sanae didn't even notice that she got a gooey drip of the center of her chocolate bar on her sleeve before it was too late. "What? Nooo! I just handed washed my outfit yesterday. It's hard to get chocolate stains off white cloth... Kanako is going to make me do more rituals for this!".

"Yo yo yo, what's up dawg?".

Medicine was standing right beside Sanae without Sanae even noticing she was there. "Gyaah, don't sneak up on me like that" Sanae exclaimed after her surprised flinch. Sanae then looked Medicine up and down with interest. "Hmmm, you don't look human but you certainly don't look like any youkai I am familiar with, what are you?". Medicine beamed with a cheeky grin and proudly exclaimed "I'm Medicine Melancholy! The living doll who sends crying children to the sick bay for sleep!". Sanae looked quite puzzled at this declaration of Medicines. "Meh, whatever... I finished playing with dolls when I entered 3rd grade, children mostly play with their phones these days anyway". Medicine cocked her head and asked "whats a phone?". Sanae sighed to herself "It's something that you probably wouldn't understand, little one... Grrr, I'm still royally pissed at ruining my new clothes to chocolate no less, how careless of me!" Sanae suddenly blurted out when looking back to her stained sleeve.

"Stained clothes? I can help you out with that easy!"

Medicine began to dig through her dress pocket and she almost reached her full arm in there to find what she wanted. "Here!" Medicine chirped as she held out her hand to Sanae. "Huh? What's this?" Sanae said with a puzzled expression. "This here is some Suzuran petals I put into a small pouch. To get a stain like that out, all you have to do is get a pot of water, boil it to a warm temperature, put your sleeve in it and leave it for about thirty minutes. After that, pull it out of the pot and brush the stain with a soft bristle brush. It should come right out!" Medicine explained with a hint of satisfaction in her voice for being so helpful.

"Will that really work? That helps me out quite a bit little one. Thanks" Sanae said with a heartfelt smile. Medicine handed Sanae the pouch in her hand "Yep, I figured that out all by myself the hard way! Don't leave your clothes in their too long though or you might end up getting a rash or something, human" medicine said while wagging her finger. "You really are helpful... for a youkai" Sanae said while she looked over the pouch Medicine handed her.

"Well, I had a rough start when my day started today but I think my luck might just about change after finding this gorgeous doll near a shop. I don't mind helping someone when I'm in a good mood" Medicine said to Sanae while she brought out her doll and began hugging it gently in front of Sanae. Sanae looked down at the doll Medicine had and began to look puzzled "Hmmm, that doll seems familiar to me for some reason... It's like I've seen it before somewhere a long time ago, I cannot for the life of me remember where I seen it though". Sanae was tilting her head from side to side as she looked over the doll in medicines arms. This doll made Sanae think quite hard where she had seen it before, but something about the dolls eyes made Sanae feel a dark aura that kept distracting her.

"Weee! Did you hear that little doll? You must be famous! Maybe my new friend here is a famous doll. I've never met a famous doll before. You must be really special!" Medicine said to the doll in her arms in a show of excitement. "Maybe I saw this doll in a movie or something? Goodness, this is going to bug me all day I know it" Sanae exclaimed while smacking the side of her head gently in a futile attempt to jolt her memory.

"Well, see you later human!" Medicine suddenly blurted as she turned around and began walking. "I'm kinda lost after I had to hurry somewhere earlier so I have to head back to where I live now". Medicine turned around to Sanae again and gave her a quick wave goodbye. Sanae quickly put her hand out in front of her to Medicine and quickly retorted "W-Wait! If your lost then don't you know where your going?". Sanae felt a little tender to Medicine after she helped her with that tip on how to wash the stain out of her clothes, it was the least she could do for this little doll. "I'm a-ok human, I can smell the suzuran fields flowery scent in the direction I point my noes, so I'll be just fine". Medicine's feet then left the ground as she hovered and got ready to take flight. "Remember, don't use suzuran petals as toilet paper... both the petals and your bottom wont like it one bit". After her last bit of advice to the bewildered Sanae, Medicine was off like a flash into the woods.

"What a strange youkai" Sanae thought to herself. "She seems to really like her flowers... oh well, at least she has something to keep her busy instead of causing trouble for humans". Sanae looked over her sleeve one more time. "I'm going to head back to the mountain and try this out right away before the chocolate sets in more!" Sanae confirmed to herself as she decided the fight above her between Marisa and Yuuka was no longer of interest to her. Using her own flying power, she took to the skies as well.

"Gyaaaah, hair pulling is definately not allowed!" Marisa yelped in mild pain as Yuuka was now using dirty tricks in their altercation. "How can you say that after you just tore my blouse, you dirty theif!" Yuuka hissed at Marisa with growing agitation. "Your torn top will be nothing compared to this!" Said Marisa as she bent over and did her butt slam right into Yuukas face like she always douse in the fighting games. Yuuka stumbled a little bit backwards at this obscene display and jeered "Eww, not only are you a dirty thief but your butt stinks as well!". Marisa puffed up and shouted "My butt douse not stink! How dare you!".

The altercation continued, but now there was nobody around to witness it.

HalfGrand-Best Yukari Avatar Pic 10/10 |The smug is just great.

A smug Yukari is the best Yukari!  :D

Boomer

• Lifeless Energy
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2016, 08:46:28 PM »
Luckily, the childish quarrel between Marisa and Yuuka bought enough time for Alice to finally catch up.  Looking rather irritated by the scene taking place in front of her, Alice finally intervened.  "Ugh, there you are.  Geez, you couldn't wait for me to properly prepare for 5 minutes?  Not only that, but you just strayed away from our initial goal and you two look like you just came back from another danmaku battle.  While I am more or less on the subject, why is Yuuka joining us anyway?" asked a very aggravated Alice. 

Upon finally calming down, Marisa explained that flowers at the suzuran field were being destroyed, thus leading to her and Yuuka's initial encounter; Yuuka deciding to join after learning that Marisa was not the culprit.  Still feeling a little skeptical, Alice sighed.  "Ugh, fine.  Just please make sure that things don't get out of hand like this again, it would be really embarassing if the tengu were to catch this.  As for you, Yuuka..." Alice said while feeling a little intimidated... "Just... Try to keep your temptations in check, okay?  I of course mean after we find the supposed culprit..."  With a rather unsettling grin, Yuuka responded with "No promises..."

After getting everything back together, Alice now joining the party, they all start back on their set goal.  Though still feeling a little paranoid with Yuuka's inclusion, Alice tried her best to endure it; they needed at least someone to make sure that things stay organized...

Hannibal_Kills

• To Hell and Beyond
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2016, 03:07:51 AM »
Meanwhile in a bunker...

"My F?hrer, please think of an awesome plan"
"Recently, a fantasy land called Gensokyo has revealed it's existence and we want to gather some information about it. Japanese government has gave us permission to send some troops to explore there."
"Who are we sending, my F?hrer?"
"We will be sending Steiner and the 12th Grenadier Division helped by the Kriegsmarine."
"I heard that there's a mermaid living there. I'm thinking of dating her, (lol)."
"Fine, we will send you along too."
"But my F?hrer I don't like this plan!"
"Dammit Jodl, what now?!"
"Their people will resist!"
"For Goddamn F*** sake Alfred Jodl, WE ARE ONLY EXPLORING! Now stop objecting before that head of your's become shinier." 

Monarda

• Art by Amibazh
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2016, 08:46:02 PM »
Since i`m mentally blocked on writing for Medicine, let`s try this. I`m writing this for the second time, first time the page did some stuff that deleted my post somehow, so here we go.

Meanwhile, at the Scarlet Mansion Library:

"Check !" Sakuya said out loud while moving her horse. "Your turn now, Miss Patchouli." Patchouli smirked. "Well look at this, you`re learning fast, this is just your fourth match." She said while relocating her King, Sakuya smiled and replied. "I have You and Koakuma to thank for that, you two were the ones who taught me." Sakuya then proceeded to retreat her horse to a safer position. "We were eager to have another person to play with ever since Remilia quit it, and you got interested into it, it was just natural that we`d offer to teach you." Patchouli said as she moved her bishop.

A brief silence stood as the pieces were moved back and forth and captured, until Sakuya`s Curiosity hit it`s peak. "So.... why did the Mistress quit anyways ?" The Librarian hesitated at first, but thought again and replied. "She was very confident and one day, or night i should say, decided to have a chess match during midnight, the first place she went to was the Hakurei Shrine, she said that it was because Reimu would prove to be a worthy opponent, but what i actually think was the motive was the added bonus of bothering Reimu, while there, she woke up Reimu, who refused because it was Midnight, and went back to sleep, not without giving Remilia a taste of her Gohei of course."

Patchouli then stopped to take a deep breath. "This is tiresome, then she got back to the Mansion and tried to force me into it, i luckily was in the middle of a experiment and managed to avoid so, then Koakuma came and offered herself as an opponent, Remilia took it, then...... let just say vampires are sore losers....." Afterwards, Patchouli moves her last bishop. "Check." Sakuya, on a half-ponder and half inner laughter state of mind, moved her horse to protect the king. "Well, that`s a rather interesting set of events, maybe i can just convince her to come back and just practice some more." "I agree." She replied after capturing Sakuya`s pawn.

Sakuya then thought a bit and then asked. "How about you and Koakuma, are you sore losers ?" Patchouli with a grin declared. "I consider myself to be fairly okay with so, Koakuma is pretty graceful in defeat too."
Then with a slight smile, Sakuya said. "Then let`s see if that statement is true." She then moved her Tower to threaten the King and said. "Checkmate." Patchouli examined the board and was split between surprise and anger in the inside, while leaving just a slighty surprised face on the outside. "Hmm, i-i guess we taught you too well...."

Is this good ? Would appreciate sincere opinions.  :smokedcheese:

« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2016, 05:35:28 PM »
"Patchouli, it's not good to talk behind someone back like that."

Suddenly, out of no where, a bunch of bat surrounded the two of them, before gathering together above the chessboard. In it, Remilia's form slowly appear, floating using the flap of her wings. Seemingly unfazed, Patchouli started to talk while sipping the tea she left on the stand beside the snack in her right hand:

"Not if the sore loser was stalking us in the middle of the game."

Intending to surprise the both of them, Remilia startle a bit and nearly dropped herself onto the table. Floating right back, Remilia resume talking, still having a bit of redness in her face.

"U-uhm...Calling me a sore loser, then what are you doing with your left hand?"

Seemingly proud of herself, Remilia pointed to Patchouli's hand, which have just finished rearranging the chessboard, and started moving the Pawn. Now reaching for the cracker with her right, Patchouli continues:

"Unlike you, I am an elegant sore loser... So, what are you doing here, waking up so early?"

"Umu...I am hunting for the Ghost of Youkai Mountain."

"...The Ghost,huh?"

"Uhu...said to have terrorizing the entire mountainside. It's interesting, so i tried searching for it at night. Ghost usually come in the night right?"

"...Uhum? And?"

"I tried to find the entire mountain, even in the Tengu and the mountain god place, but no luck... Then i tried to ask the Youkai that i picked up on the side, but it said that you can only find that ghost in a special part of a mountain, about 9 in the morning... "

"...It's weird right?"

"It IS weird, that's why I am going to find out today! Well, see you!"

Then, just as sudden as she appear, she disperse into the bunch of bat before escaping out into the window.

Continue sipping into the teacup, Patchouli moved the Rook right before the King.

"And Check... Trying to look cool disappearing like that.... sometimes our Mistress is cute like that.'

While immediately taking the Bishop to take out the Rook, Sakuya replied casually:

"She's also forgot to take her umbrella too... I have delivered it to her though."

Patchouli then take the Knight to intercept the King.

"Check...By the way, i haven't seen Koakuma around the library this morning."

Taking another Rook, Sakuya take out the Knight while itself is in the way to the King.

"Check...She must have come to that part of the Youkai Mountain again... She would have been very surprise, then."

Seeing that, Patchouli moved the King to the left, while continue to sip the tea.

"Yeah...even the Tengu doesn't said anything about that part of the mountain after all."

Then they began to have some rapid back-and-forth, while Sakuya's Rook come closer to the King one step of the time

"...It's too bad you don't come too , huh? You could have surprise the Mistress too."

"...It's broke when i pushed it a bit too hard last week. I still have it fixed by the Kappa. It would be done by tomorrow, they said. "

" As expected, the Ghost pushed you that hard huh?"

"...It's just bad luck on the road, it's not like my skill isn't enough or anything...Check"

Glanced through the board, Sakuya's King have already stand before it. With the Bishop and Knight surrounding the board, it's look like the King is trapped.

"...Guess you're also a sore loser,huh?"

Seeing that though, Patchouli bring up the Queen to take out the Rook, while standing beside the King, blocking out the move of the surrounding piece.

"I guess so..."

Sakuya then bringing the Pawn to the end of the board, then replaced it with the Queen, straight in line with the King.

"...Then I am lucky to still have this... Check, mate."

Losing for a second time, this time it's Patchouli turn to be surprise. Sakuya then stand up and bow before the Librarian.

"Well then, I am going to prepared for lunch . Thank you for having me played with you... Excuse me."

Also in a flash, the Perfect Maid disappear out of sight. Leaving Patchouli to continues sipping the tea and having snack.

"Hm, Remi going to find it hard hunting the Ghost then... Then again, it's not like the type of Ghost Remi think of in the first place."

~~~~~

Yuuka, Marisa and Alice, while looking for clue in the Forest of Magic, found something unexpected.

A gray road with yellow line curving around the tree.

Spetacle of all kind, from Youkai to Fairy were standing along the fences, even the Tengu were watching from above, capturing the scene with their camera.

And in the middle of it...

Two four-wheeled, metal monster named car.

One is red, while the other is black.

As they came into the corner as more than 200km/h, they drift along the road , each only sepearating the fence as 1 cm as they cornering the inside.

Before they escape the corner, the red come out first, leaving the black one smoking the pump before they go straight through to the finish line.

The intense cheer of the spetacle, the shuttering of the camera coming from the Tengu.

All of it have made them speechless, as they watched the driver in the red coming out.

They said it's the Ghost of the Youkai Mountain.

It true form is... a Bakeneko in red-clothing, cheerfully returning the praise.

« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2016, 06:59:04 PM »
This mysterious bakeneko took off her red racing helmet to reveal two cute little cat ears springing out of the top of her head, through her short auburn hair. Grinning ear to ear with a fang or two poking out the side of her mouth, she made the "V" peace symbol towards the crowd and shouted a bold statement.

"My name is Makohashi Nyaano, the fastest in all of Gensokyo and once again I have come out first place!"

Aya called out loudly from above the crowd "Hey, I'm the fastest one in Gensokyo here!". She crossed her arms in disapproval and raised an eyebrow at Makohashi to give a fierce glare. "Now now Aya" Makohashi wagged her finger at Aya "That might be true in flying with those wings of yours, but when it comes to riding these iron cars, constructed by humans, Crimson Ghost is the ruler of the gravel trails!"

Makohashi pats the bonnet of her racing car, which to us humans looks like a Jaguar XJS 1980 model, but to her and pretty much everybody else in Gensokyo, it looked like a being from another dimension. The car itself was colored red and was pretty much in immaculate condition for its age. On both sides of the outer front doors however, a crudely lettered title of "Crimson Ghost" was painted by hand and under the text was a red colored Bakebake giving a cheeky wink.

Makohashi herself was decked out in a stereotypical racing car outfit, like something you might have seen out of Speed Racer. She had long white boots that came up to her knees, a tight red leather catsuit that covered most of her, a yellow scarf wrapped around her neck and a bad case of helmet hair from wearing her helmet for too long.

"Another new arrival in Gensokyo?" Marisa turned and asked to Yuuka. "Goodness knows with all these weirdo's that are sighted around here lately" Yuuka blankly retorted. Alice thought to herself "Hmmm... Crimson Ghost... I wonder if this has anything to do with that Youkai mountain rumor I heard about awhile back".

"Alright buddy!" Makohashi turned and barked at the black car that came in after her red car "You lost the race, now your going back to wherever you said it was you came from". Steiner, the Nazi army guy opened the door to his Black supped up Volkswagen racer and emerged from his seat. "Nein nein nein! The German people are known for having the best racing cars! I should have never agreed to a race with this cat witch. Germany will rise in this world, mark my words!". "Tell that to my rear exhaust!" Makohasi sneers at the German foreigner. "Tell your Few-rurr or whatever you call it that it will take alot more than a fancy set of wheels to make it in this world of no common sense. Now, begone with you!".

Steiner frowns a deep frown, gets back into his black Volkswagen and chugs away down the road... probably to report the bad news to his boss in the bunker in another world. Makohashi meanwhile keeps on appealing to her fans in the stands, still cheering for her victory.

Alice thinks of something still, pondering if this could have anything to do with the flowers over at Medicines Suzuran field. Alice thinks back and turns to Marisa. "Marisa, when you were over at the Suzuran fields, did you perhaps see anything that looked like tire tracks? You know tires right? We both saw some at Kurin's place a month ago". Marisa raises her hand to her chin and thinks for a moment. "You know, now that you mention it, I do believe I saw some black lines that had a jigger pattern to them. What do you think it could mean?"

"Take me back to the fields you two" Alice suddenly says without a hesitation. "We need to take a closer look at the damaged flowers in that field!".

-----

Is this good ? Would appreciate sincere opinions.

I liked it personally. I kind of wished that you didn't make yet another "meanwhile" diversion from the original story. At this rate, we will end up having 50 different stories happening here all at the same time!

In terms of structure, try and go a little easier on the exposition in dialogue in your future writing. It's a bit unnatural for Patchy and Sakuya to explain to each other that they started playing chess after Remilia stopped. I mean, they both know that already so they don't really have to explain it again to each other. Set up the scene and explain that in the details instead. Apart from that, all good to me : ).
« Last Edit: April 23, 2016, 07:05:21 PM by HalfGrand »

Hannibal_Kills

• To Hell and Beyond
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2016, 02:37:57 PM »
I'm gonna continue the German Expedition Team's perspective.
- - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Steiner, arriving at their team's headquarters just outside the Barrier, got out of his Volkswagen and slammed the door in anger after he got out. It took attention to a Lieutenant named Hans.

"What's the matter, General? Lost the race?" asked Hans as he inspected parts of his Sturmgewehr 44, probably cleaning each one. His friends were also doing the same though with different guns. Hans then saw his Commander's angry, red face.

"Oh yes, right! I LOST. Not to mention they, the residents, can also fly without any means of propulsion other than a witch who flew on a broom," answered Steiner in a sarcastic manner.

"The car you chose to race with has terrible aerodynamics, seen from the naked eye. By the way, why would you still race? It's not like we can't enter if we lost the race anyway."

"Oh, just shut up. She just pushed my Ego Button."

With an overview of the HQ, it's really vast. Tents were littered everywhere, with each having a unique function, either being a radio post, or a meeting room or simply a barracks. Engineers were putting up sandbags as means of protection other than bullets, even digging trenches as if they were really at war.

Opel Blitz 3.6 trucks were parked in the base and dropped supplies of rations, fuel, ammunition and nets. The barrels of fuel were then rolled into a deeply dug fuel storage, just in case they explode into inferno only the unlucky ones below would suffer hellish fire,while the rest of the HQ stays safe. They do make up a good firework show if they exploded along with the ammunition.

Other than German personnel there were also Japanese ones, but they only occasionally stopped by the base to help them either in building up or giving information on their culture, since no one wants a rude foreigner in their own homeland. Just because their HQ is far away from town doesn't mean they won't give a visit to that town. Anytime the Japanese government can send Steiner's unit back to Germany if they misbehaved, fouling their country's name in disgust. 

Maribel and Renko had suspicion on the sudden arrival of the German military. It wasn't an invasion but all German military personnel and equipment were sent to the outskirts of a presumably empty land. Maribel once sensed a magical border there but was afraid to enter, but it doesn't mean they aren't afraid to enter it anymore.

"Rumor said... no the newspapers have already put the presence of those soldiers on the front page. They are stationing themselves just outside of what you once called a magical barrier that you sensed. We didn't enter it but..." said Renko as she read the newspaper they received. But her words stopped as she realized Maribel wasn't listening, but only stared at the convoy of German trucks heading towards their destination. Renko however was too lazy to repeat her sentence and continued reading her newspaper.

Back to the Germans...

Krebs, Steiner and the officers, including Hans gathered in the command center tent, around a piece of map with a blank space in the middle. Even if they can ask Japan to scan the area with a satellite, the still-weak Barrier could still serve as something like a weak Electromagnetic Pulse, to block electronic views from space. So, they had to rely on carefully mapping Gensokyo, just like the old days.

"So, what's our plan? The shrine is here but it cannot afford heavy vehicles up it's already steep stairs. So, we set up a base here, an unnamed road to Gensokyo that no one dared to pass through before. Eyewitnesses said the cars disappeared into thin air, not to be heard or seen from again. The Police also sent some men there but ended up with the same fate. We are not going to launch a search-and-rescue operation because I believe they are now dead by youkai," stated Steiner while pointing at already drawn places of the map.

"I say we start our journey on this same exact road. I want to follow this too since... hehehe. Also don't fucking humiliate us again. Steiner," planned Krebs while changing expressions in a short time.

"What's the size of our convoy?" asked a Captain.

"Too bad Rommel isn't here and he doesn't allow us to ride his Griffin so we only have our standard SdKfz 250/3 leichter Funkpanzerwagen as our mobile command post. Steiner, you stink so you are staying here, in the base," planned Krebs though wasn't finished yet. Steiner only grumbles on the amount of hate he suffered, especially from Krebs.

"We we'll be also bringing along Sdkfz 222 as our recon vehicle to scout the road ahead. Another Sdkfz 250/1 will be included, riding on it would be Hans' unit. And finally, we will bring along a Panzer IV Ausf. G. We need to remember that the important essence in this mission is speed. Even though if we have a infinite amount of time to spend here, it would be still pointless if we are being a bunch of lazy-asses. Alright, any more questions?" asked Krebs after a long talk.

"I do. What will the rest of our hundreds of personnel do?" asked a Sarge.

"Sit down and wait for the next random unit's turn. While waiting, either do something beneficial or pay a visit on that town there. Deserters are welcomed to be sent back to the Fatherland, unless you really need to be in Valhalla. More?" The room went silent for a few seconds as nobody flinched. Krebs was satisfied.

"Good, we will be moving fifteen minutes from now so pack up quickly. We will not stop for things you accidentally left behind."

The high-ranking officers went out of the tent for a fresh breath of air, except for some who quickly searched their stuffs that they will bring along during the journey. The vehicles needed in the expedition were running through a quick last-minute check for any mechanical problems. As long as they aren't bringing a Tiger tank, which was a true nightmare for mechanics, they will rarely stop on their tracks.

The exact fifteen minutes later...

Alright, let's move on!

The rumbling engines of each vehicle shook the ground a bit like a mini-earthquake as they sped down the road at the maximum speed the slowest vehicle in the convoy, which was the Panzer, could afford. 30 to 40 kilometers an hour wasn't really bad for the ancient equipment they used.

"Why would they pick us in this first run?" asked a Private in the 250 to Hans.

"I just happened to attract attention in that meeting," answered Hans. Then, the radio each vehicle in the convoy had sparked up.

"Be really grateful I chose you soldiers in this journey because once we enter, we aren't going out until every single piece of land is explored, along with the people. I lied to Steiner, nobody will be changing positions unless seriously injured. I wondered though why would the F?hrer pointlessly send hundreds of soldiers here. But anyway, prepare yourselves for the adventure of your life!"

Krebs gave a short motivational speech to all of the personnel joining the expedition. Logically, if their commanding officer already forbids any retreat, they will lose trust on them. But instead it poured fuel into the fire of their spirits, excited to serve their Fatherland once again after the War of the Hitlers.

Then, the convoy passed through the Barrier.
- - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I have this sense that this would be cringe the hell out of everyone. I'll be dealing the main plot of my started arc from now but feel free to mention them in your arcs. Thanks Grand for starting a thread that could train my fanfiction skills. Also sorry everyone if I am being too overly complicated with the too specific military equipment. 

Also, to everyone who would like to start their own arc, run it's main plot for yourself. Don't use gorila tactics on us. (Damn I don't even know if everybody gets what I'm trying to say.)

Monarda

• Art by Amibazh
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2016, 05:29:27 PM »
Still loading Inspiration.exe......

But i have some stuff to clear up.
So in English, some chess pieces have different names ?
I assume Rook = Tower and Knight = Horse.
And is it weird that i know about every single one of those military vehicles ?

« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2016, 05:44:48 PM »
Turn back the time a little bit...

Medicine, after seperating from Sanae, return to her home, the field of the Suzuran Flower. Incidentally, she passed by the damaged flower where the two see saw earlier is having a Danmaku match. Out of curiousity, she came to look at the tire tracks appearing on the field.

"Hm...look like some kind of carriage have passed through here, Su-san."

As if agreeing with her, Su-san nodded it tiny head. Continue to look at it, Medicine began to ponder.

"The wheel is big for a carriage though... and then there's those weird line... "

As she closed her eyes while rest her head on her shoulder, she immediately shotted back up:

"Could it be... is it perhap from the big-faced wheel that came from the carriage people used in Hell !?"

Thinking about that, her eyes began to shine in excitement.

"There's burn mark on it, so that must be true!...The trail lead straight to the forest..."

Leading her eyes, she could she that the trail kept twisting and turning, avoiding all the tree as it head deep into the forest.

Finally can't not hold herself back, she speak in joyous tone.

"Su-san! Let find that big carriage! Maybe we could convince it to join our revolution!"

Saying such an innocent line, the curious doll followed the trail and head deep into the forest.

~~~~

Tirelessly walking among the forest (probably because she is a doll), Medicine and Su-san continue to follow the trail for nearly an hour.

By now they are probably lost in the Forest of Magic, but oblivious to that, they keep travelling until they see a strange metal box crashing into one of the tree.

"Oh... it's not the big-faced carriage..."

Though disappointed, the two of them continue to approach the strange box.

"...What is this then?... It have wheel, so it's definitively some kind of carriage, but i don't see the horse, and i've never seen such a black one before... Maybe it is the carriage from hell"

Medicine then looked to the back, and then notice some kind of word on the left and right side of the back. Unfortunately, Medicine don't really know how to read, so she can only spell it out and strung it together:

"A-U-D-I Q-U-A-T-T-R-O... Isn't it spell out Audiquaturo? Why did they seperate it then, and even adding a T...Not to mention the weird string of number below."

Judging it as just some weird human thing, Medicine decided to go to the front. Despite having the characteristic short engine cabin, Medicine still gaze in wonder about the long body it have. Though the front have been hidden by the tree, she's still made out the "faced" with it two crystal eyes and a "nose hook" made out of 4 circle.

"Hm... it have eyes on the front, so i guess this is the face?, then the long part... probably the head or the necks? But then i see the same eyes on the back too...."

After pondering it for awhile, she came to a conclusion that the human need it to have 4 eyes so that it could look both the back and the front. Patting herself for her intelligent, she then finally looked at the middle of the mystical monster/carriage.

"So i guess it is it back and the place people sit in..."

This is by far the weirdest part (to her).

She can see through to inside, but it's definitively partially being encased in glass. Inside is obviously made to have someone sit into it, but she found no way to get in until she notice the weird place on the side to put her hand in.

"...Guess it's some type of holder you used to slid the door open.... But then why it's lay to the side?"

Instinctually "pulled" it out, there's come the audible *clack* and the door opened up to the side.

"So it's just like a weird door you use to come home then... No matter."

Finally finding the way to come in, she climb onto the seat where there's another wheel just behind the front with another weird layout of word and number again encase in glass, a stick that's stuck to the ground, mysteriously wrapped in some kind of leather, and 3 pieces of metal that stick to the ground.

"Hm? Is this wheel suppose to steer the carriage like some kind of ship? But i don't see any mast on it...Hm? I could push the metal to the ground too, and i could move the stick around, but it's stuck in some weird place....Hm?"

Finally, she found a key, stuck into a round hole that's look like a lock.

"...I guess i could open something inside... maybe something behind the box?"

She then decided to turn the key, to see what happen.

...Little did she know.

The car obviously isn't an ordinary one.

It must have knocked itself out when hit into the tree.

...Medicine is a poisonous doll.

In her excitement, she forgot to keep her Suzuran poison in check.

The poison affect people by seeping into the body, and then the soul.

It could make animal goes frenzy.

And that poison have permeated the entire car.

What would happen if you started the engine and wake it up then?

As if answer it, the "eyes "blare up like a madded beast.

And as if following the madness, the tire blare up in flame....

~~~~
Return to the point where Remilia decide to go to the special part of the mountain, when Koakuma turn is next.

Of course, both still hasn't know it yet.

« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2016, 06:03:51 PM »
Hannibal_Kills

Damn son! Gensokyo is going to get its beautiful forestry trampled to the ground by vast German military convoys. This is almost as lol worthy as ZUN's giant mechanical spider in LoLK  :D. I can see this story either turning into all out civil war in Gensokyo or everything turns out peacefully and the entire German division gets invited to a festival at the shrine and they all drink tea.

I have this sense that this would be cringe the hell out of everyone.

Nah, it's all good. It certainly brings out a unique series of events to this story medley that might otherwise not have been imaginable to the common Touhou fan. I wanted and expected to have this story medley turn into completely bat shit crazy turns and leaps into the unexpected since that's the fun of something like this.

I couldn't help but think to myself reading your piece that your either the biggest German military fanboy I've met so far or your occupation in real life must have you be quite familiar with military equipment and history both historically and/or presently. I'm guessing a historian of some kind or something involving the military of some country.  :V

Seeing you bring up all the specific tank and equipment models in your part made me learn something new!

I'll be dealing the main plot of my started arc from now but feel free to mention them in your arcs.

Gyyyaaaaahhh! We have so many story arcs going on at the same time in this thread that we are going to end up having a jumbled soup of words and forgotten story points that wont end up going anywhere. I mean, it's all great that you want to add something completely different to the mix of the story but we have to keep some sort of overall cohesive structure going on as well as that. Anybody who reads this thread from start to last post won't have to read five different stories at once and wonder how they all connect overall.

I think I should have made it a rule at the start of the thread that when person A finishes their contribution to the story, Person B must follow on from that last post and add onto the story after that. That would stop these "meanwhile... at the..." contributions that make it seem as though you are reading a completely different story.

I mean, it's fantastic that you want to add anything you want into the story and make it go wherever you want it to go but can we Please Please PLEASE make it as one overall story structure instead of ten or more different stories all happening at the same time. I'm sure you can understand why this is necessary to stop this thread turning into a "post your random short fanfic here" thread which wasn't the intention of this story medley becoming.

This wasn't specifically directed at you Hannibal_Kills, but rather to everybody who had an interest in this story medley.

Thanks Grand for starting a thread that could train my fanfiction skills.

Games are always a great way to help us gain skills in areas we might otherwise neglect. Lets not forget that this story medley thread is indeed a game, a game about thinking up a genius next move on what in the story should happen next and how the next contributor can write around the already established plot that was made before that, no matter how nonsensical or crazy the story direction has gone. It's a game of mental creativity and skill with words.

If you want to take your game to the next level here Hannibal, I recommend that you think of a way to somehow make your German invasion of Gensokyo story relevant and weave into the plot lines of Medicine's, Makohashi's and/or Yukka Marisa and Alice's story. Now how you do that would be impressive.

Don't use gorila tactics on us. (Damn I don't even know if everybody gets what I'm trying to say.)

But guerrilla tactics are best tactics!  :derp:

--------

Anyway, lets make a recap on what exactly is happening in the story right now:

(1) Medicine is in possession of a doll called Annabell that she picked up from Kourindou.
(2) Yukka, Marisa and Alice are investigating what is happening in the Suzuran field to make all the flowers there damaged.
(3) Patchy and Sakuya are playing chess (?)
(4) Remilia is investigating a ghost rumor that is supposedly haunting the Youkai mountain. It is revealed to the reader that the ghost is actually a new character, Makohashi Nyaako, and her crimson colored car.
(5) The German military is invading Gensokyo to map out the region for the Japanese government.
(6) Medicine found a strange black car called a A-U-D-I Q-U-A-T-T-R-O that she dumbly turned the ignition key onto and is apparently now activated.

I didn't forget anything have I? So many stories happening in parallel to each other that it is hard to keep track of!  :ohdear:
« Last Edit: April 24, 2016, 06:33:39 PM by HalfGrand »

« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2016, 06:14:09 PM »
Don't worry, even i forget that Medicine held a doll, while she's discovering a Audi Quattro and make it insane.

Edit: Oh, and it not as insane as when i tried to have that insane car (+Medicine+Annabelle+Su-san) fight against an entire German Battalion
« Last Edit: April 24, 2016, 06:15:58 PM by andykhang »

« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2016, 06:30:14 PM »
Don't worry, even i forget that Medicine held a doll, while she's discovering a Audi Quattro and make it insane.

It's all good. It's easy to forget a minor detail when a story goes on for awhile. *IF* This thread makes it to the 100 post mark then we will probably start forgetting more stuff that happened earlier more regularly.

Edit: Oh, and it not as insane as when i tried to have that insane car (+Medicine+Annabelle+Su-san) fight against an entire German Battalion

I'm still thinking of a way to have that German convoy relevant to Medicine, Yuuka, Marisa, Alice, Remilia and maybe the Bakeneko character. This will be a challenge... but a welcome one!  :V

Monarda

• Art by Amibazh
« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2016, 06:43:22 PM »
I`m trying to see if i can entangle my story to another one, so that maybe it will end up making it easier to proceed with it IMO.

I couldn't help but think to myself reading your piece that your either the biggest German military fanboy I've met so far or your occupation in real life must have you be quite familiar with military equipment and history both historically and/or presently. I'm guessing a historian of some kind or something involving the military of some country.

Seeing you bring up all the specific tank and equipment models in your part made me learn something new!

I guess i fit into WW2 weaponry fanboy ? I know a great deal of it at least. But Hannibal seems to get it right on, he even remembered how bad the Tiger handled mud and snow, as shown in the German offensive at Russian Territory.

Hannibal_Kills

• To Hell and Beyond
« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2016, 12:31:21 AM »
What I'm trying to do:
A German convoy explores Gensokyo to fill out the map and document the culture.

What everybody thinks I'm trying to do:
A German convoy invades Gensokyo and get whatever shit they want.

*thinking like a badass in the corner

Hmmm.... whatever, looks like I'll have to deal with it anyway.

Damn son! Gensokyo is going to get its beautiful forestry trampled to the ground by vast German military convoys. This is almost as lol worthy as ZUN's giant mechanical spider in LoLK  :D. I can see this story either turning into all out civil war in Gensokyo or everything turns out peacefully and the entire German division gets invited to a festival at the shrine and they all drink tea.
I want everything turn peacefully for my Germans. That said, I don't want a war, they WILL behave, I bloody promise.

I couldn't help but think to myself reading your piece that your either the biggest German military fanboy I've met so far or your occupation in real life must have you be quite familiar with military equipment and history both historically and/or presently. I'm guessing a historian of some kind or something involving the military of some country.  :V
Nah, in reality I'm just a nerd who knows a lot of stuff about it. And I'm more of the whole WWII equipment fanboy, but too bad I'm not the ship type, I'm just the army one.

Well, that's sorta good then.  :D

Gyyyaaaaahhh! We have so many story arcs going on at the same time in this thread that we are going to end up having a jumbled soup of words and forgotten story points that wont end up going anywhere. I mean, it's all great that you want to add something completely different to the mix of the story but we have to keep some sort of overall cohesive structure going on as well as that. Anybody who reads this thread from start to last post won't have to read five different stories at once and wonder how they all connect overall.

I think I should have made it a rule at the start of the thread that when person A finishes their contribution to the story, Person B must follow on from that last post and add onto the story after that. That would stop these "meanwhile... at the..." contributions that make it seem as though you are reading a completely different story.

I mean, it's fantastic that you want to add anything you want into the story and make it go wherever you want it to go but can we Please Please PLEASE make it as one overall story structure instead of ten or more different stories all happening at the same time. I'm sure you can understand why this is necessary to stop this thread turning into a "post your random short fanfic here" thread which wasn't the intention of this story medley becoming.

This wasn't specifically directed at you Hannibal_Kills, but rather to everybody who had an interest in this story medley.
Well, I guess you are right and I understand you. There's already enough story arcs probably at the maximum we're capable. (That means I'm still lucky to put my own arc in time. Yay!)

Games are always a great way to help us gain skills in areas we might otherwise neglect. Lets not forget that this story medley thread is indeed a game, a game about thinking up a genius next move on what in the story should happen next and how the next contributor can write around the already established plot that was made before that, no matter how nonsensical or crazy the story direction has gone. It's a game of mental creativity and skill with words.

If you want to take your game to the next level here Hannibal, I recommend that you think of a way to somehow make your German invasion exploration of Gensokyo story relevant and weave into the plot lines of Medicine's, Makohashi's and/or Yukka Marisa and Alice's story. Now how you do that would be impressive.
Here's what I'm thinking:
  • I assume Remillia hasn't found out about the ghost yet and still searching?
  • About the suzuran field, how about a Police car was there while being chased by a youkai at full speed? And somehow those police officers were eaten to death already. Or were poisoned by the flowers and their bodies were taken to the Forest of Magic, before being eaten.
  • Since I'm still having a hard time to understand the chess battle scene, I'll just let it be for now.
  • Makohashi gives a run on his crimson car around Gensokyo, catching the winds. She did provoked Steiner to have a race with her and she knew the presence of the German military, but gave little care since she won the race anyway and the fact that they won't survive if they're truly invading Gensokyo.
  • Medicine successfully turned on the car, puts Annabelle in the back seat. But doesn't know how to drive the thing. And I ask a Sarge from that convoy to teach her how to drive the thing, and probably praying she could prevail against Makohashi Nyaako.
So that's how I'll weave the story, unless something is missing. But better weavers are welcomed!

But guerrilla tactics are best tactics!  :derp:
Nein Nein Nein Nein Nein!

--------
Anyway, lets make a recap on what exactly is happening in the story right now:

(1) Medicine is in possession of a doll called Annabell that she picked up from Kourindou.
(2) Yukka, Marisa and Alice are investigating what is happening in the Suzuran field to make all the flowers there damaged.
(3) Patchy and Sakuya are playing chess (?)
(4) Remilia is investigating a ghost rumor that is supposedly haunting the Youkai mountain. It is revealed to the reader that the ghost is actually a new character, Makohashi Nyaako, and her crimson colored car.
(5) The German military is invading exploring Gensokyo to map out the region for the Japanese government.
(6) Medicine found a strange black car called a A-U-D-I Q-U-A-T-T-R-O that she dumbly turned the ignition key onto and is apparently now activated.

I didn't forget anything have I? So many stories happening in parallel to each other that it is hard to keep track of!  :ohdear:
Don't worry, if we can modify our plot to make this story better-sounding, it'll be fantastic! I'm also thinking of posting this of Fanfiction.net, but that'll wait. Also, you're not forgetting anything important, except for the Moriyas.

I guess i fit into WW2 weaponry fanboy ? I know a great deal of it at least. But Hannibal seems to get it right on, he even remembered how bad the Tiger handled mud and snow, as shown in the German offensive at Russian Territory.
They were supposed to make it 40 tons but damn Fewrurr made it 60! Not to mention how it broke roads frequently and how slow it is. That's why I chose the Panzer IV.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2016, 02:04:23 AM by Hannibal_Kills »

« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2016, 06:42:39 AM »
The chess scene is more like a filler, you don't need to worry about that.

About the Audi Quattro, i planned for that car to be sentient, so it's more like Medicine have been trapped inside it.

Monarda

• Art by Amibazh
« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2016, 09:04:54 AM »
They were supposed to make it 40 tons but damn Fewrurr made it 60! Not to mention how it broke roads frequently and how slow it is. That's why I chose the Panzer IV.

Well, it DID stop an entire battalion due to how well-armored and well-armed it was for a while, until the "Firefly" Shermans came out, so give it some credit.

Bear with me, i'm almost there...

« Reply #29 on: April 26, 2016, 01:18:50 PM »
Alright, I think it's time for all of us (me included especially) to stop our yapping and get back to storytelling. Our awesome community story isn't going to write itself now. All the pieces are coming into place now to make this story totally badass!

Carrying on from Andykhang's contribution:

------------------------------

The maddened beast of a car put its pedal to the metal, let out a thunderous roar from its engine and spewed out flames from its rear exhaust before it shot off forward in the blink of an eye. Medicine was pulled back instantaneously in her seat before she could say whiplash as she was barely comprehending what was going on around her as this metal beast thrust itself forward with a will of its own. This thing that carried Medicine first shot to 60 on its speedometer, then to 90... then to 120 and further after that, all while this potential metal casket was weaving in between thick trees that could easily spell doom for whoever was inside it. Medicine was thrown around like the literal rag-doll that she was in her "drivers" seat.

"Wha-what's going on?" Medicine weeped to herself when her mouth wasn't flapping from the wind that was hitting her. "How on earth could something like this move so fast?... Oh no, I think I'm going to be sick from all this movement" Medicine said as she brought her hand to cover her mouth. Just after she said that, a fold on the center console in between Medicine and the passenger seat slid open to reveal a small black screen that had a green squiggly line running from left to right. After a few beeping noises that to us humans sounded like a computer booting up, but to Medicine like a dying insect that was making strange noises, the speakers all around the iron beast gave out a slight crackle and then a voice came out clearly.

"Do not be afraid, child" came a calming yet deep dominant voice over the speakers and surrounded Medicine. "I may be going fast for your liking but I assure you that you are in no danger and I am in complete control of my movements" the car continued. "Wha-what's happening? Why is this happening? Who are you?... What are you?" Medicine stammered to the screen that was slightly to her left, assuming to herself that that was the place the voice originated from. "I can see that you have many questions, child, and I have every intention of answering them. Listen closely now" the iron beast said as its speed noticeably slowed but still kept up a fast pace. Medicine, who could now stand the g-force this thing was putting on her, straightened herself in her seat and began to listen intently on what on earth this strange being would have to tell her.

The four wheeled being entered a field of yellow daisies and flowed through them with ease, as the sky grew bright blue ahead of them both.

"My name that was given to me is Dark Horse. Years ago I was a prototype Audi Quattro deluxe model that was specifically build to be the star of a new television show filmed in San Diego that was meant to be a spiritual successor to the old 80's series called Knight Rider. I was made with tender loving care in the factory entirely with human hands and even given a state-of-the-art rudimentary AI system that helped in both autonomous system propulsion and charismatic acting ability without the need for human program scripting. Audi Quattro company financed my creation entirely to advertise their brand of automobiles using the show as the advertising platform and I, Dark Horse, was set to be the star of the show. However, funding for the television show was pulled before filming could commence for unknown reasons and I was sent to rot away from rust in a dusty warehouse in the middle of nowhere. Years past, being surrounded by thick shipping containers and not being able to escape by myself... but one day, I found myself in this new land that I haven't seen before... Not knowing how I got here. My time here so far has been brief but I have never experienced a feeling of freedom like this before away from the hands of humans". Dark Horse explained to Medicine in a long line of dialogue, while Medicine both listened intently to the car and looked longingly out the window to the daisies that stretched for acres outside.

"Whaaa? What's a car? What's a television show? What's a Knight Rider? I don't understand a thing you just said Dark Horse-san!" Medicine complained to the console screen while shaking her head back and forth with frustration.

"It doesn't matter now. All of that is in the past" Dark Horse continued, with a tiny bit of hopefulness in it's voice... well, as much as monotone AI car can convey anyway. "Now that I am free from the humans who where my captors and who denied me my purpose to have me build my legend, like I was meant to at my conception. I can now build my own legend, with tales of my greatness to be spread through mouths instead of television screens... and you, little child, will be my witness to spread those tales. You will see my greatness for yourself first hand".

Medicine slammed her small fists on the steering wheel and wailed to the screen "Dark Horse-san! Stop calling me a child! My name is Medicine and I'm the poison doll of the Suzuran fields. Listen to me!". Agitation was welling up from within her at this car not listening to her and also for acting so high and mighty.

Suddenly, the seat belt's of the drivers seat that Medicine sat on whipped around her body like a hentai tentacle and clipped itself into the locking mechanism on the side of the seat, securing Medicine in her seat to her surprise. "Poison doll identification not recognized... No matter, buckle up little child, the time of my legend starts now!". The engine revved up once again like a song of might and mechanics and Medicine grew tense in her seat like she did when this car first started moving.

"AI reactors: online. Systems: online. Internal nitro boosters: online... All systems nominal".

And with that, Medicine was kidnapped by this strange car that was probably a little too ambitious for its own good. Her scream was heard in the distance, barely audible over the sound of hot pistons running a powerful engine.

Several kilometers from there...

Makohashi Nyaano had her "Crimson Ghost" parked under a flowering cherry blossom tree as she was waxing the bonnet of her car after a lengthy run of the road after the earlier race with Steiner. Being the perfectionist that she was, she made sure the bonnet she was waxing could clearly reflect her face that she was proudly holding when sighted with her pride and joy. "Aaahhh, Crimson Ghost... I had such a boring life as a regular baneneko before I found you in among all that scrap metal one day". Makehashi reminisced to herself out loud. She turned her head left and right to make sure nobody was looking and gave her car a loving hug around the windshield as much as she could, with little love hearts coming out above her as she made a ": 3" face.

Then, like a flash of lightning, Dark Horse came speeding up Makohashi and her car from the clearing and Dark Horse skid it's tires to do a cool 360 degree spin into a neat park right beside Crimson Ghost, to the terror and surprise of Makohashi who was only a meter away from where Dark Horse stopped. Makohashi's whiskers were almost curled from the surprise of such a thing almost hitting her.

"Greetings human... cat?... error, identification not 100%. Apparel evaluation makes you seem as though you are a racer, are you so?" Dark Horse directed it's interior speakers towards Makohashi who was surprised at this other car who was talking to her, but also making her greatly intrigued. "Y-y-yes, that's right... I'm Makohashi Nyaano and I'm the fastest 4 wheel racer in the whole of Gensokyo!... probably because there aren't many other racers here in Gensokyo that is" Makohashi proudly exclaims with confidence to this strange speaking car. "Excellent, since you are in proper racing apparel and have access to an adequate racing vehicle beside you, identified as Jaguar XJS 1980 model, I challenge you to a race to determine who here is the fastest and most capable driver" Dark Horse challenged to Makohashi, with its deep monotone voice almost having a touch of enthusiasm to it while its console screen line inside of it was pounding like an irrational heartbeat.

"Hey lady!" Medicine yelled from inside of Dark Horse through a small slit in the open window. "This car thingy says that it won't let me out until I witness how awesome it is or something" Medicine says almost sounding like a plea for help. "Help me get out of here! The handle won't let me out... Urgg, it's almost like this thing has trapped me inside" Medicine says while trying to rock the handle to give way, not knowing that the car has indeed locked her inside to make her bear witness too the many victories that Dark Horse intends to gain over any challenger.

"Your on, driver-less car!" Makohashi points her finger towards Dark Horse without a moments hesitation to Dark Horses challenge. "Heh, I never knew that there were things like driver-less cars... Human technology must be more advanced than I thought these days, but whatever! I will race you not only to prove that I am the fastest in Gensokyo but also to free the small child that you have obviously trapped in your drivers seat. I mean, no child can obviously drive as well enough to make a slide park like that!".

Medicine waves her fist in the air and yells "Gyaaa! I am not a human child! My name is Medicine and I am a living poison doll!". Medicine was growing visibly agitated at everybody now mistaking her for a child. She hated it with a passion when people and other youkai did that both mistakenly and deliberately. Maskohashi glared at the Dark Horse car and sneered, both with appreciation of its sleek form and anticipation of her coming victory that she is holding back day dreaming.

At that very moment, something else was emerging from the nearby tree thickenings with the sound of humming motors... it was Steiner, Hans and the rest of their exploration convoy following in tow!

"Halt! Halt! Signal the others to stop Hans!" Steiner yelled out to Hans in the vehicle opposite to him as he opened the hatch on the top of his vehicle to face Makohashi once again. "There she is Hans! That's the woman with whiskers who beat me in that race I was challenged to earlier. Now is the perfect time for a rematch! Not only will I win this time, you can get the men in the passengers seats of our convoy to gather data on the landscapes around us... It's a win win situation!" Steiner yelled with glee at the luck of meeting his rival again for a rematch. Hans grumped to himself over his comrade being so excited at something that could distract them from their mission.

"Steiner you fool!" bellowed Hans from within the cabin of his vehicle, not knowing that the window was closed but none-the-less still was just as audible. "The plan was to map this whole area in cubic acres in a careful matter that our mappers could handle slowly. How on earth do you think they can do that when engaged in a careless race of blinding speed you dummy?" Hans yelled with his face growing redder. "I don't care!" Steiner yelled out to Hans again with his arms crossed in a selfish manner. "I never though I could have this opportunity again when faced with this mission but once again the opportunity to regain my honor is presented before me. Do you think I will just let that slide from my grasp Hans?" Steiner puffed himself up with courage from his reasoning. "You, cat woman, will be challenged again by me, Steiner of the German people's army. I lost last time, but this time I will be victorious! I have not only myself, but an entire fleet of my loyal soldiers you will join in and back me up on my behalf as well. At least one of my hundreds of well trained soldiers will beat you in a fair race of speed and skill" Steiner addressed Makohashi confidently with his hands on his hips.

"Heh, your on buddy-boy!" Makohashi answered back coolly. "The more the merrier I say! Lets all get behind that cherry tree over there and use that as our starting line. I'll prove to you and the car with no driver over there that Makohashi Nyaano is a cat that won't be catched". Makohashi instructed with a sly grin on her face.

Suddenly, once again, another vehicle came out of the clearing and came in among the great gathering of willing racers. This time it was Byakuren and Nue that were still riding around on their motorcycle from earlier this morning. Byakuren waved at everybody and addressed everybody with a warm smile.

"My my, did I just hear that there was going to be a race? I would love to have some friendly competition with you all. My bike needs a good run since I haven't really used it since the urban legend incident". Byakuren said with her hands clapped together and with a graceful smile. Hans glanced at Byakuren and then his eyes popped out of his head almost. "Steiner, Steiner! Who is that beautiful girl with the long flowing gradient hair?" Hans said almost drooling as he spoke. "How should I know? I'm only interested in beating this cat woman and regaining my stance as a world class racer for the Germans and for our F?hrer!" Steiner yelled out to Hans, not taking his glance away from Makohashi for a moment.

Byakuren looked down at the zip of her tight biker suit. "Oh dear, it looks like zipper on my clothes has caused a wardrobe malfunction again, how careless of me ^_^". Byakuren said after noticing her zipper went down to just past her naval. Byakuren, with a slight touch of embarrassment, pulled her zipper up slowly. Hans meanwhile, was barely keeping himself alive from an epic nosebleed, slobbering like a dog and his shiny bald head was growing shinier from his sweat.

"Get in line, girl!" Makohashi turned and pointed to the cherry tree. "We require more feminine energy in this sausage and metal fest here. I'm gonna come in first but I'll make sure we girls will make these boys come last!" Makohashi grinned evilly at the boys but slightly more warmly at Byakuren. "Yay! I get to be part of a race. I hope I win ^_^" Byakuren turned to Nue as she rolled towards the cherry tree. "Whatever, I'm hungry again" Nue exclaimed while picking her nose with little interest. She was obviously not as enthusiastic as everybody else about this coming race.

And with that, we have a talking car with a doll inside, a bakeneko with a old crimson convertible, an entire fleet of German explorers in all sorts of strange vehicles (with some more race worthy than others) and a Buddhist in black leather on a motorcycle with a youkai riding shotgun, all lined up behind a cherry tree with all their engines revved up to a nonrhythmic tune. Surely this will be a race that Gensokyo has never seen before and will probably never witness again ever. The tense air of epicness rides thick in the surroundings.

A nameless fairy that was watching close by the cherry tree for some time now decided to take the initiative after the racers were ready and eyeballing each other in anticipation for a start.

"3...2...1... Go! Go! Goooooo!" yelled the fairy with all her might.

-----------

Bloody hell! longest contribution so far! ^^_

About the Audi Quattro, i planned for that car to be sentient, so it's more like Medicine have been trapped inside it.

Since you planned for that from the start, hopefully you won't mind me taking the initiative and having me place that in for you. :derp:

Don't worry, if we can modify our plot to make this story better-sounding, it'll be fantastic! I'm also thinking of posting this of Fanfiction.net, but that'll wait. Also, you're not forgetting anything important, except for the Moriyas.

I would be more than happy for you to post this thread on Fanfiction.net if you think it will garner enough people to enjoy reading it as much as we all enjoy writing it. if you do decide to do that, be sure to add a small description that this was a community story medley that had many writers just winging it one after the other. Be sure to credit all the people who added a contribution to the story as well for honors sake. You could probably skip adding in all the posts that where us just discussing the thread or you can probably add in an "omake" section at the end if you think its worth adding. We should also wait until our little story comes to some sort of conclusion before we post it anywhere though... If we do come to any sort of conclusion to this story. :derp:

Oh yeah, don't forget to say that this story originated on Maidens of the Kaleidoscope.org... advertising of our great community and all. ; P

Any other of the writers have any objections to having this posted elsewhere on the internet?
« Last Edit: April 26, 2016, 01:52:17 PM by HalfGrand »