Author Topic: Bravely Second: Mrgrgr'ing all over again  (Read 11146 times)

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
Re: Bravely Second: Mrgrgr'ing all over again
« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2016, 03:31:12 PM »
I do really like that they gave you the best class in the game right at the beginning :V

triangles

• gotta stock up on dark matter
  • each pound of which weighs over 10,000 pounds
« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2016, 05:39:13 PM »
Just wait until you get the Rain spellcraft skill, shit's completely wrecked then.

meanwhile HAHAHAHA BEGINNING OF CHAPTER 6 OH GAME. 

Edible

« Reply #32 on: May 10, 2016, 10:35:30 PM »
:V

Spoiler:
"You're wondering why we hold our council meetings in a dungeon?  Wouldn't it be better if you didn't ask?"

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #33 on: May 11, 2016, 12:11:28 AM »
Spellcraft is a beautiful, amazing thing.

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

triangles

« Reply #34 on: May 12, 2016, 12:43:45 AM »
Game was beat!  Hooray!  Final boss was quite a bit easier than expected but A) Rain Spellcraft and B)
Spoiler:
it would have been kinda tedious and a certain part would have really lost its effect if you had to repeat it

....then I got completely owned by the super boss rip me.  Time to brainstorm some ways to cheeseball/finally bust out a BP battery. 

Also people of the thread let me know if my friend summon is wearing her fashionable outfit.

Reddyne

• Give me love and money. I have the rest already.
  • Love and money coming from you is what I need.
« Reply #35 on: May 12, 2016, 05:11:17 PM »
Was it about as long as the last one? I had a flat 100 hours invested in it and I'm hoping for something similar.

It took me 3 days to beat summoner lady because I am lazy and Pontiff Sulyvahn ain't gonna take a greataxe to the face on his own!
Spoiler:
"My sage, my sisters, my Suleiman!" Lady you are supposed to have the sympathetic moment prior to kerfuffling we learned that in the last game the hard way about 73 times.
Oh well. I now have 3 people as spellcasters and poor Tiz in the doofy charioteer getup because somewhere along the line physical attacks might be worth it again maybe.

The moon is now rebuilt and I still feel like I'm just barely starting out. Whoops!

TA-DAAAAAAA! 61 blood donations and counting! 
Best Mile: 5:30
Best 5k: 18:07
Best Marathon: 3:23:16

triangles

« Reply #36 on: May 13, 2016, 10:13:53 PM »
I have clocked over 100 hours, though how much of that was AFK jp/pg farming and Chompcraft idling is ??? ??? ???  And hey if you really want to be sassy, stick the Charioteer Triple-Wield on a mage so they can wear another magic stick as a hat it's A+++

Also I did beat the ~superboss~ last night!  I did have to invoke the game's unofficial tagline of "break the game before it breaks you" (and I didn't even do the REALLY cheeseball AI-locking method) but that's par for the course I believe.

(only spoilers are new/late game classes and abilites if you care about those)
Instrumental to my method (outside the My Hero/Mimic x3 BP Battery you could do in the first game) were the new toys we get in this game.  Of course Meteor Rain is silly, but using it while in the final class gave me access to innate
Spoiler:
Echo - which I had activate FOUR TIMES IN A ROW one turn that did a stupid amount of damage
  I was happy to find out that one of my favorite passives in the game was back but it was in the
Spoiler:
KAISER ROLL
class, who also has some cool effect magic.  I used
Spoiler:
Sonnenblume to make sure I got to move first when setting up things at the start. other skills would have been useful if I wasn't using Citadel/Slow World shenanigans to keep them from attacking the bulk of the time. Hasten World got the nerfbat as that was the preferred one by many people but mine was unchanged :V

I had some goodies from
Spoiler:
Exorcist
lined up as well to smooth things out. 
Spoiler:
Undo BP was a good IN CASE OF EMERGENCY BREAK GLASS button.  Ectoplasm + MP Free in a Pinch meant if I did slip through a Reraise my spell casters could still do their thing.  Only Magnolia wound up utilizing this, because turns out you have to fight the superboss IMMEDIATELY AGAIN WHAAAAA and I was not prepared for this.
  There's a number of tweaks I would have done if I needed to rejigger my team, but it worked out alright in the end.

Now to just play the waiting game for BA'AL BUSTING

« Reply #37 on: May 14, 2016, 03:56:16 AM »
One of the EU/UK translation flaws is the censorship of sidequests, i'm sure you all noticed after beating the boss you get a cutscene were the main cast is eating food and talking about what happened, its pretty evident in the Black Mage/ Ranger sidequest.

It really takes away from the moral side of things like in the Japanese version there is a moral consequence for the moral choices like in the aformentioned example if you choose to split the food Bahamut dies, however if you give the food to Bahamut the 3 children die, the censorship doens't really have any reason to be there, not mentioning the redesign of the Hawkeye class from a native american into a cowboy.

Its kind of annoying but aside from that the game is really solid i'm currently in Florem now, and i've been really enjoying the game. 
1CC Easy: UFO , MOF, PCB, DDC, GFW, POFV, TD, IN, SA, 1CC Normal: MOF, DDC, IN, POFV, PCB, TD, EOSD, HSIFS
Extra Mode: Ran Yakumo, Okina Matara

Reddyne

« Reply #38 on: May 15, 2016, 12:18:14 PM »
I got catmancer and was kinda eh but it let Tiz make melee classes relevant, so I swapped him over. Then I did the thing I always do and dug around everywhere and found that like 5 or 6 skills were available right out of the gate. I am programmed to explore all options regardless of circumstances.

Okay localization 101 time: You have a character whose occupation is a hot shot sharpshooter. Yes, giving them a wild west/cowgirl look makes 4 billion times as much sense as a native American getup. No, making it sound like they are from the Bronx or whatever does not.

Reddyne

« Reply #39 on: May 18, 2016, 04:32:53 PM »
Double posting since it's been a few days. Met a totally-gonna-be-plot-important weeaboo and her brother. I've spent some time grinding for job levels despite not having much difficulty with things simply because of the versatility it brings. Bishop is great because you can stick it on a melee fighter as a backup class and they can heal in times of need since the healing done is based on percentages as opposed to your magic score. All the dungeons I've done since whenever have an estimated level range below what I have simply because I am experimenting too much.
Boy oh boy, between Merchant and White Mage I really could not give less of a fuck either gameplay-wise or plot-wise :V
And now I have to decide too oh boy punching jerks sign me up please. Still, I might go WM since I never got into the merchant class despite the silly hat. I also prefer to have the utility of the white mage classes, especially considering how much emphasis the wizard class puts on spellcasters. That all goes out the window if Profiteur decides to be a bigger jerkface though.

Edible

« Reply #40 on: June 07, 2016, 09:23:58 PM »
I'm nearing the end of this game and I just want to say that the best parts by a mile are when they rant about food.

triangles

« Reply #41 on: June 08, 2016, 06:16:51 PM »
I am also a huge fan of the party chat that has
Spoiler:
Altair
talking about
Spoiler:
not having a phone plan with unlimited nights and weekend minutes.
  Would kids these days even understand that??

Reddyne

« Reply #42 on: June 09, 2016, 11:57:18 AM »
Just met U. DeWitt, Hedy Steddy, Rhea Veeling, and Swetti Tracsute in the most recent job sidequest.

Also this is like job choice number 5 or 6 and I don't think I've gotten a single asterisk that I've really wanted yet. I always side with the one I'd like to beat up for their job.

Edible

« Reply #43 on: June 13, 2016, 03:30:48 PM »
Finally got around to beating this.  Didn't do any postgame stuff but I did all the sidequest stuff I think.

Cute ending. 
Spoiler:
I like that they finally sorta got around to explaining the Adventurer.

Also,
Spoiler:
Why did Anne get to turn into Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Anne while poor Airy got stuck being a weird bloated bug demon?