Author Topic: RNG And Dragons Thread XXIX: NA is actually good now?!?!?!?!  (Read 126446 times)

Mr. Sacchi

• All shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.
  • Not postponed. Not in the end. Not for long.
RNG And Dragons Thread XXIX: NA is actually good now?!?!?!?!
« on: April 05, 2016, 03:13:03 PM »

Puzzle & Dragons is an iOS/android puzzle RPG.  It plays like a cross between Bejeweled and Pok?mon.  It's completely free to play, but has premium features through purchasable "magic stones," the game's premium currency (which can also be obtained frequently as rewards in-game), which allow for increased inventory, pulls from a rare egg machine, and more.  If you're patient enough the game gives you enough stones through special events and rewards that you shouldn't need to buy any.  (It's recommended you don't because most things can be obtained/beaten without spending money and some amount of patience and skill.)

You can control monsters from lowly slimes to even lowlier dragons to ancient gods and other mythological creatures dressed up as school students like Class Monitor Athena(above).  They all mostly have different stats and skills, allowing you to customize your team for any number of purposes.

Real talk though, the real reason to get into this game is because everyone else here is playing it and has been playing non-stop for the past 2 years :V , and probably won't stop for a long time thanks to the constant updates to the game and its mechanics, balance changes that never directly nerf anything and are mostly focused on increasing the viability of older monsters, and of course the endless addition of new monsters and collabs that are dished out on a regular basis.

If you're interested, there's a really useful database and game info here:

http://www.puzzledragonx.com/

A tip for new players: At the end of the tutorial the game will give you one free pull on the rare egg machine.  It's best to "scum" this pull and start over (by uninstalling and reinstalling) until you get something that's really rare (a god).  Great starters include any of the Chinese gods, Bastet, Isis, Verdandi, Lu Bu, Bastet, Odin, Kali, Shiva, Bastet, Sonia. Feel free to ask!

If you need more help or just want to discuss the game, we also have a P&D channel on the MotK IRC network in here. Just type your name and go.
For those using IRC clients other than webchat, the channel is #puzzleandlibrarians on irc.ppirc.net.

List of friends + Main Leaders:
Edible: 328,945,274 (Batman*, Bastet*)
hyorinryu: 357.646.299 (Sakuya*, Perseus*)
Suikama: 348.941.282 (Isis*, Ra Dra*)
triangles: 322.456.235 (LMeta*, Santa Sakuya)
Chaore: 344,844,286 (HM Kiriko, Shiva*)
Yukarin: 394.177.213 (Haku*, Sakuya*)
Jq1790: 396,049,294 (AShiva, AKarin*)
Pesco: 328 276 294 (Yomidra, Ronia*)
Dibble: 314,673,283 (Isis, GOdin)
Matsuri: 358,689,277 (Awoken Astaroth*, Awoken Tsukuyomi*)
Fast Fanatic: 359,184,275 (Zaerog∞, Raoh)
Sacchi: 385,394,297 (Horus*, Vishnu*)
rdj: 338,277,280 (AA Lucifer*, Minerva*)
Chirei: 326,404,383 (Leilan*, Alraune*)
commandercool: 312,728,337 (Gabriel*, Awoken Ra*)
Aoshi: 398,822,333 (School!Athena, Sakuya*)
Conqueror: 331,616,320 (DQXQ, I&I)
MoogsParfait: 313,455,268 (Leilan, Amaterasu*)
Dorakyura: 347,957,300 (Nephthys*)
Bio: 336,681,244 (Sakuya, Athena)
En: 351,629,319 (Lu Bu, Haku)
moekou: 329,066,242 (Osiris*, Pandora)
Espadas: 301,335,377 (Yomidra*, APandora)
Calamity: 331,737,355 (Ronia, Shiva)
Mea: 380,147,382 (Sakuya*, APandora)
aUsernameIsFineToo: 347,966,337 (Bastet, Rozuel)
Ruka: 368,034,352 (Sasuke, I&I Healer)
Zengar Zombolt: 309,400,409 (Verdandi, D/B Okuninushi)
StarlightHawk: 383,095,393 (Avalon Drake, Skuld)
qMyon: 320,092,324 (Verdandi, Saria)
Soichirou W.: 323,897,388 (Perseus)

(Asterisk next to leaders means "hypermax" - +297, max skill. Glowing leaders have all five latent awakening slots full.)

Topic Archive
Thread I
Thread II
Thread III
Thread IV
Thread V
Thread VI
Thread VII
Thread VIII
Thread IX
Thread X
Thread XI
Thread XII
Thread XIII
Thread XIV
Thread XV
Thread XVI
Thread XVII
Thread XVIII
Thread XIX
Thread XX
Thread XXI
Thread XXII
Thread XXIII
Thread XXIV
Thread XXV
Thread XXVI
Thread XXVII
Thread XXVIII
« Last Edit: May 02, 2016, 07:45:20 PM by Sacchimon »

Hikarin

• 別に意味はない。
  • 本当にメイドですね。。。
Re: RNG And Dragons Thread XXIX: NA is actually good now?!?!?!?!
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2016, 03:27:29 PM »
Cool :D
Now we just get someone to lock the old one so we don't have two running threads :P

EDIT: Oh yeah, you should probably mention something about how GungHo treats IAP accounts differently than non-IAP accounts in the case of a device loss or something like that, because that is kind of important.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2016, 03:45:53 PM by Hikari »

PADherder <3 Updated 8/13/2017!

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2016, 03:44:02 PM »
>did not use ichigo as the splash art

Jq1790

• Wow I'm back to playing this game.
  • Let's puzzle together again, Karin!
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2016, 04:06:37 PM »
Silly redhead with a funky mask vs cute anime schoolgirl interpretation of a goddess? I dont think there is much competition there, haha.

Plus she is much more indicative of what PAD's treatment of characters is, heh.
If you're a Pazudora player and aren't on #puzzleandlibrarians, come join us!

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2016, 04:11:56 PM »
And a good signal of where the money really is heading, too.

Monarda

• Tactician that has a soft spot for cuteness.
  • Art by Amibazh
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2016, 04:20:26 PM »
And a good signal of where the money really is heading, too.

You can always sell your soul and time go play easy mode on JP.

Hikarin

• 別に意味はない。
  • 本当にメイドですね。。。
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2016, 04:22:43 PM »
Farming Keepers is slow business. I need 14 various Keepers, but only have 63 stamina. And 2 of the Keepers are Dark Keepers. So I need at least 360 stamina for all of those. Because I may not even get the Dark Keepers, because RNGeezus isn't always a generous man. So I probably will end up needing more like 420 stamina. And the Dark Keepers get harder and harder as I blow through Helpers. So probably more like 480 stamina is needed, assuming I fail a couple due to not having a half-decent Helper. Today is going to be FUN.

:getdown: :colbert: :getdown:

Espadas

• You're gonna have a bad time
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2016, 04:43:40 PM »
Silly redhead with a funky mask vs cute anime schoolgirl interpretation of a goddess? I dont think there is much competition there, haha.

"Do i look funky to you?"

Also please don't mock one of my favourite characters in the story  :colbert:...... no, not the carrot top, i speak about THIS character:

« Last Edit: April 05, 2016, 04:45:23 PM by Espadas »

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2016, 04:54:45 PM »

Plus she is much more indicative of what PAD's treatment of characters is, heh.

Dw, I'm sure somewhere in there Ichigo is part anime schoolgirl. Kubo just hasn't revealed it yet.

In other news, I keep missing latents. I dunno how many stones I'll throw at the bleach REM. All my favorite characters are silvers.

I'll roll a few times and save in hopes of Askin and Bambi in the future. On the other hand, in light of recent events, I want Kenpachi because his ult is likely to use another one of the characters I like.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Jq1790

« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2016, 04:56:30 PM »
Farming Keepers is slow business. I need 14 various Keepers, but only have 63 stamina. And 2 of the Keepers are Dark Keepers. So I need at least 360 stamina for all of those. Because I may not even get the Dark Keepers, because RNGeezus isn't always a generous man. So I probably will end up needing more like 420 stamina. And the Dark Keepers get harder and harder as I blow through Helpers. So probably more like 480 stamina is needed, assuming I fail a couple due to not having a half-decent Helper. Today is going to be FUN.

If you hop on the IRC I can give you access to Valk for as much as you need her or something if she'll help make it more consistent.

Also, Light and Dark Keepers are more easily farmed in Rainbow Keeeper's dungeon if that's not where you were going in the first place.  You can probably very easily kill him if you can make it to him since he's also dark, luckily.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2016, 04:59:28 PM by Jq1790 »

Hikarin

• 別に意味はない。
  • 本当にメイドですね。。。
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2016, 05:03:15 PM »
I probably won't need Valk; I'll see after I clear this run of the Rainbow dungeon. I'm doing the Rainbow Keeper's dungeon, for the Dark ones, too. I'm just saying that It's going to be a pain in the butt when Light Keepers start floating around (like right now : P), because I don't get the damage reduction or type bonus against them.

EDIT: Welp, nevermind about the Valk for now. Even the Light Keeper only does 3063 reduced damage. That Rainbow Keeper has been known to kill me in one hit, though, so I prefer a double Pollux or at least a high-ATK Helper for him.

EDIT2: Actually, I should be fine for a few more runs (until my pool finally depletes) because I have a total of 5 useful Helper monsters: Pollux, Ariel, Ariel, Osechi Mitsuki, and LDC Kanna. All of those give me enough firepower to one-shot the final Keeper.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2016, 05:08:38 PM by Hikari »

Jq1790

« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2016, 05:06:39 PM »
Ahh, I know that feeling. Earlygame I was dark-focused and needed a lot and took forever to get those keepers too.  So frustrating.

Monarda

• Tactician that has a soft spot for cuteness.
  • Art by Amibazh
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2016, 05:29:43 PM »

That`s why i stockpile shit, i have a ton of Evo Mats ready for use, even for Baby Tamadras.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2016, 06:25:13 PM »
Aaah why am I doing this to myself. I've been messing around with the ranking dungeon using Verdandi for lack of anything better to do with my stamina, and once again all I'm getting out of it is making myself feel bad.

Cleared it in nine turns with just a few seconds per floor and still got a horrible score. I think a bit of it is that my phone is lagging at times (it seems to stutter significantly when I use Awoken Ra's active) but I doubt that accounts for much of it. I don't know how to do this any better, and my best is garbage. Lovely.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2016, 06:35:03 PM by commandercool »
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

Jq1790

« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2016, 07:10:26 PM »
Aaah why am I doing this to myself. I've been messing around with the ranking dungeon using Verdandi for lack of anything better to do with my stamina, and once again all I'm getting out of it is making myself feel bad.

Cleared it in nine turns with just a few seconds per floor and still got a horrible score. I think a bit of it is that my phone is lagging at times (it seems to stutter significantly when I use Awoken Ra's active) but I doubt that accounts for much of it. I don't know how to do this any better, and my best is garbage. Lovely.
Have you turned on Simple Background in options (only doable outside dungeons)?  That helps significantly I believe.  Also the scores for this are gonna suck for most people, so what looks bad might not ACTUALLY be as bad as it seems.

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
  • 90 Frames per Second GO!
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2016, 07:18:30 PM »
I ended up with a 3.9% using Yomidora. Zaerogoo was a crucial sub because he effectively gives you burst for three consecutive turns while only using the time to cast one active skill.

Ten waves is brutal. I can't imagine Rainbow teams being able to process that many times in a row easily.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2016, 07:21:51 PM »
I haven't tried simple backgrounds yet. If I do this again I will.

Scores give percentiles, so I can see that mine does indeed suck unless the estimation is extremely wrong. That's relative obviously, there are still plenty of people below me, but given how many people just run this no-effort for the stone it's trashy.

Mеа

• catnapping
  • three dots connect to rectangles
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2016, 08:36:53 PM »
Hi op, please make my Sakuya asterisk and goldy and my secondary leader A Panda. I've asked twice before which seems to have become lost in the torrent of virtual age busyness. If I have to ask again, I think I'll start sending spam messages to every friend on my pad account to the extent of 50+ messages so that I will effectively erase and empty their mail boxes of their precious protected messages and unopened event/challenge gifts. Such is my pandemonic diabolicalness and unadultered evilness.
Naked expression; purple raspberry flavour

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2016, 08:39:40 PM »
I think I care less about my 48 unopened jewels than you do about the time it would take to send that many messages. Bring it on!

Mеа

• catnapping
  • three dots connect to rectangles
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2016, 08:57:38 PM »
I can and will commit postal genocide on your ass box, don't goad me into this son.
Think of all the rem gods you could go 0/48 on.
Naked expression; purple raspberry flavour

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2016, 09:02:37 PM »
Oh shit I was gonna make a joke about how I never pull Chineses but I didn't realize they rotate these now. Ha ha badass. Still never opening my mail though because I don't want to have to store all the ones I don't need.

Mr. Sacchi

• All shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.
  • Not postponed. Not in the end. Not for long.
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2016, 09:29:49 PM »
Hi op, please make my Sakuya asterisk and goldy and my secondary leader A Panda. I've asked twice before which seems to have become lost in the torrent of virtual age busyness. If I have to ask again, I think I'll start sending spam messages to every friend on my pad account to the extent of 50+ messages so that I will effectively erase and empty their mail boxes of their precious protected messages and unopened event/challenge gifts. Such is my pandemonic diabolicalness and unadultered evilness.

done pls spare my inbox it is innocent and has done nothing to you why would you even threaten the cute little thing ;_;

also if your requests for it got ignored or lost it's edible's fault since they were last thread's OP :V

and speaking of last thread's OP gdi edible why did you have to add so many instances of BATMAN to the op :V
« Last Edit: April 05, 2016, 09:33:45 PM by Sacchimon »

Jq1790

« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2016, 09:35:04 PM »
Oh wow I'm noted as still having Athena going, wow I'm out of date.  I guess replace her with Awoken Shiva since I use him almost as much as her nowadays.  Please and thank you.

Soon enough Awoken Karin will be penta but for now no change on that front.

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2016, 09:38:31 PM »
I hate to say it, but I don't particularly use Big Dog anymore, either.

My hearts' effectiveness are breaking in half. :c

I guess, in that regard, I should be changed to Big Rog and Raoh?

at least Zaerog isn't likely to die from powercreep yet.

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2016, 09:40:06 PM »
and speaking of last thread's OP gdi edible why did you have to add so many instances of BATMAN to the op :V

I lay traps for the next person to make a topic.

It's how I show I care! <3

I hate to say it, but I don't particularly use Big Dog anymore, either.

My hearts' effectiveness are breaking in half. :c

I guess, in that regard, I should be changed to Big Rog and Raoh?

at least Zaerog isn't likely to die from powercreep yet.

Isn't Purin rather well-suited to ranking dungeons, at least?

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2016, 09:52:55 PM »
Purin is super orb hungry for 12.25x damage and he doesn't make any orbs himself
Contrast with Yomidora who effortlessly gets x36 for five orbs or Dizzy and Lizzy who get x16 for just existing

I mean, the HP of everything in this tournament is low enough that I could probably get away with Cloud/Ariel/???/Poison as subs, but

Jq1790

« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2016, 09:57:35 PM »
One day, Big Dog shall rise again.  For now, he must lie in wait.

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2016, 09:59:14 PM »
he's not dead
he's just playing dead

Espadas

• You're gonna have a bad time
« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2016, 10:42:56 PM »
Guess i'll get in line to get an update on my leaders in the OP, since i literally don't have Ronia or Karin anymore  :V

I've been maining Yomidra and A.Panda for a while....

« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2016, 10:43:10 PM »

System Messages (like gifts) and Player Messages have different counters.

Source: I have 170 unopened gift messages, can still get messages from other people fine.