Author Topic: 東方天華楼 (Touhou Tenkarou) ~ Frantically Forbidden Fruit  (Read 71954 times)

Maple

• Mukyuu!
Re: 東方天華楼 (Touhou Tenkarou) ~ Frantically Forbidden Fruit
« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2016, 11:24:46 AM »
Done. Working on Gameplay page now. Will post spell card comments soon.
I can speed up the work. I just need to know where can i find the spell card comments. I was searching for them yesterday for a good chunk of time but only i found the story dialogue (still useful but not what i wanted).

Arcorann

• hey catgirl
  • Surprisingly unkempt
« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2016, 12:16:16 PM »
I can speed up the work. I just need to know where can i find the spell card comments. I was searching for them yesterday for a good chunk of time but only i found the story dialogue (still useful but not what i wanted).

It's in FruitimgcardSpellName_All.dat - neatly arranged.

Gameplay page is partially complete - there's a lot to write up. Will be done soon.

ZM

• Overly Eager
  • Sanae~
« Reply #32 on: April 08, 2016, 12:19:38 PM »
Thankfully version 1.00b will fix the desync issue, according to Gore.

Zigzagwolf

• Kuruminist Touhou Player
« Reply #33 on: April 08, 2016, 03:09:43 PM »
I am just gonna hope that there's less intended lag in the full version.
Raid Kappatalism for great Kurumi!

Youtube channel My Youtube channel, I hope you enjoy my Touhou runs.

Arcorann

• hey catgirl
  • Surprisingly unkempt
« Reply #34 on: April 10, 2016, 09:24:12 AM »
Demo 0.01b released. Mostly bugfixes, with a few adjustments to the patterns and player shot types.

Zigzagwolf

« Reply #35 on: April 10, 2016, 01:35:41 PM »
Apparently it allows you to get higher spellcard bonuses than first, so lets try this out...

Uruwi

• Nightmare of Torrential Precipitation
  • 478 million goober
« Reply #36 on: April 10, 2016, 02:06:06 PM »
Apparently it allows you to get higher spellcard bonuses than first, so lets try this out...

Probably just not capping the display to 99,999,990.
foo = foldl $ flip ($)
Highest difficulty 1CCed for each game, by shot type in the original order. (-: never 1CCed on any difficulty, or never used; E: easy, N: normal, H: hard, L / U: lunatic / unreal.)
EoSD [NNNE] PCB [EE--N-] IN [NEEE + Ex Border] PoFV [Mystia N, Mystia E no charge] MoF [EN--H- + Ex Marisa B] SA [N-----] UFO [----EN] TD [NENE] DDC [EE-EHE + Ex Marisa B & Sakuya A] LoLK [PD --N- Legacy ---N] EE [N- + Ex Yabusame] EMS [N-- + Ex Yabusame] RMI [NHN + Ex YaoSuku]
Avelantis (demo) Easy YuukiB 426,077,200

Zigzagwolf

« Reply #37 on: April 10, 2016, 05:43:17 PM »
Probably just not capping the display to 99,999,990.
Actually the cap is 999,999,990 now... Also Sanae really can get a ton of score; you get way more PiV way faster too.

One of the reasons Sanae is so strong in terms of scoring now is because her bomb fills up het bottles fast; Sanae has twice the length for fruit other shots got, fill up banana thrice with her; get 999,999,990 spellcard bonus rather fast. As well as much longer time to grazing. Another notable thing is how some parts in the game have been buffed up and got harder, very notable is that Nitori got an extra nonspell before her third spellcard rather than her third spellcard coming right after her second spellcard, thus allowing you to gain more items faster so you can get more score at it by fruitgrazing.

I am pretty sure Gore's hoping this game gets scored a ton in the full release, as far as I've seen now it is definitely very interesting, I'll give scoring some shots later.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2016, 10:31:09 PM by Zigzagwolf »

ZM

• Overly Eager
  • Sanae~
« Reply #38 on: April 10, 2016, 06:38:58 PM »

Got 7.226bil with Sanae.

kek
Pearl and I are just going to wait for the full game. ;P
« Last Edit: April 10, 2016, 06:49:23 PM by ZM »

Zigzagwolf

« Reply #39 on: April 10, 2016, 10:25:26 PM »
Sanae 8.625 billion replay Will still post whenever I get a video of this game up, scoring is pretty insane and Sanae has a huge advantage over Marisa now.

Uruwi

• Nightmare of Torrential Precipitation
  • 478 million goober
« Reply #40 on: April 10, 2016, 11:19:28 PM »
Your replay desyncs, even when I installed a fresh copy of the game.
foo = foldl $ flip ($)
Highest difficulty 1CCed for each game, by shot type in the original order. (-: never 1CCed on any difficulty, or never used; E: easy, N: normal, H: hard, L / U: lunatic / unreal.)
EoSD [NNNE] PCB [EE--N-] IN [NEEE + Ex Border] PoFV [Mystia N, Mystia E no charge] MoF [EN--H- + Ex Marisa B] SA [N-----] UFO [----EN] TD [NENE] DDC [EE-EHE + Ex Marisa B & Sakuya A] LoLK [PD --N- Legacy ---N] EE [N- + Ex Yabusame] EMS [N-- + Ex Yabusame] RMI [NHN + Ex YaoSuku]
Avelantis (demo) Easy YuukiB 426,077,200

Zigzagwolf

« Reply #41 on: April 10, 2016, 11:51:33 PM »
Your replay desyncs, even when I installed a fresh copy of the game.
Keep trying a few times, I had to do that too to record it, I also did cut one of the effects; after that it seemed to work better, this demo has huger desync issues than the first one, but replays that're bugged can work at times.

Zigzagwolf

« Reply #42 on: April 11, 2016, 10:59:20 AM »
8.625 Billion Paradise Lunatic demo 0.01b Sanae run video Like I said I would upload it, I had a bit of trouble recording this due to the desync issues at first, as mentioned before, it works after a while of trying again. I think putting off special effects can help a little too but I'm not 100% certain about this.

Arcorann

• hey catgirl
  • Surprisingly unkempt
« Reply #43 on: April 23, 2016, 07:36:33 AM »
https://twitter.com/Maxim_Heart/status/723371008808214528 <- preview of next stage?

And just as I predicted the high score thread dies. Don't worry, I'll finish the Gameplay page eventually.

Maple

• Mukyuu!
« Reply #44 on: April 23, 2016, 11:29:17 AM »
https://twitter.com/Maxim_Heart/status/723371008808214528 <- preview of next stage?

And just as I predicted the high score thread dies. Don't worry, I'll finish the Gameplay page eventually.
When i saw that spell i thought it was a remake of one of her attacks from Re.PoIB, but on a closer inspection:
雷符「エレキテルの龍宮」
Lightning Sign "Elekiter Dragon Palace"

He has drawn boss graphics for Yuuka, Youmu, Reisen; remade Reimu's Dream Sign "Duplex Barrier"
(maybe a fusion with Boundary "Duplex Danmaku Barrier")

:getdown: :getdown: :getdown:

(note: probable spoilers regarding the plot of the game, the incident, whodunnit, etc) Back in February, he made some ZUNart sketches of
Spoiler:
Tenshi, here and here, goes along with the appearance of Iku, and the game's name having the kanji 天 (ten, "Heaven" or "Sky")
« Last Edit: April 23, 2016, 11:41:27 AM by Maple »

Arcorann

• hey catgirl
  • Surprisingly unkempt
« Reply #45 on: April 23, 2016, 03:42:57 PM »
Which reminds me - while digging through the code I found the names of all the music tracks, including some that haven't yet been inserted into the game (for example, this should be the Stage 4 theme).  The implications are intriguing.

« Reply #46 on: April 27, 2016, 03:51:20 AM »
Yeah Stage 4's gonna be a doppelganger fight(!!!) bc of Sumireko's urban legend running amok; here's a progress video of clone-Reimu. I'm super super excited for this because 1. "recent ZUN style" remixes of old theme songs & 2. shoot-'em-up interpretations of fighting game and PoFV danmaku, are like, The Big Dream for me

NED (the arranger for Reimu's BGM) also posted remixes of Marisa, Sakuya, Sanae and Yuuka's themes on tmbox like six months ago, which are probably going to be for the other S4 bosses.

LinkyFW

• That one guy that loves Touhou but is terrible at it
  • Who the hell do you think I am!? Dont answer that.
« Reply #47 on: April 27, 2016, 06:06:24 PM »
People, People,People! I obviously I have the best score! Why? because you have all played it on Lunatic! There are no screenshots for Normal! (Its not like I couldn't beat any other difficulty or anything...)

In all seriousness, this game is really fun even for just a trial! Can't wait for full game!
Touhou 10 MoF Normal : 1cc! Beaten!
Touhou 6 EoSD Normal : 1cc! Beaten!
Touhou 7 PCB Normal : 1cc! Beaten!
Touhou 8 IN Normal : 1cc! Beaten!
Many left to go...

Marron

• Ordinary crow
« Reply #48 on: April 29, 2016, 12:51:12 PM »
Aaaw, the game seems really great. There will be a doppelganger fight ? Too bad the games have horrible lag on my computer . . . Well, I guess I'll wait for Len'en 4 or that fan game with Mokou as 4th mid boss.

« Reply #49 on: May 02, 2016, 11:58:54 AM »
Awesome game! My favourite thing is Nitori in MoF-style with ULiL's crowbar.

XvSpitFirevX

• ForsakenSpitfire
« Reply #50 on: May 30, 2016, 06:59:25 PM »
I actually enjoy the Kasen theme redone in this one. I always thought it fit better in the main shooter style than the Fighting games.

Jimmy

• Shameless spender
  • gaining big pounds
« Reply #51 on: June 14, 2016, 08:17:04 AM »
Gore has recently posted a picture that seems to be the cover art of the full version

No new download and specified release date yet.

Wait, that silhouette looks familiar... :V
« Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 08:28:10 AM by Jimmy »
Normal 1cc: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, UFO, TD, DDC, LoLK Legacy, HSiFS, WBaWC
Hard 1cc: IN, DDC, HSiFS
Extra clears: MoF, DDC, HSiFS, WBaWC

Goals: Going Extra Hard!

AzyWng

• "I was a dumb American in a place where dumb Americans were less popular than the clap."
  • "So this was it. My easy retirement."
« Reply #53 on: June 14, 2016, 12:15:06 PM »
I, ah, can't seem to find any of gore's other works?

« Reply #54 on: June 14, 2016, 12:53:25 PM »
R...Ringo ?! I never would've guessed.
Well, you have to admit she's a good choice, considering the theme of the game! :)

Jimmy

• Shameless spender
  • gaining big pounds
« Reply #55 on: June 14, 2016, 03:37:35 PM »
Well, you have to admit she's a good choice, considering the theme of the game! :)

:D

I'm actually really curious on how her attacks are going to look like, as she's probably the final boss this time.  MG MG MG

Maple

• Mukyuu!
« Reply #56 on: June 15, 2016, 11:00:29 AM »
:D

I'm actually really curious on how her attacks are going to look like, as she's probably the final boss this time.  MG MG MG

Well, final bosses tend to have 5-7 spell cards in their arsenal. It could be a recap of the game, as the juice mechanic involves 7 fruits (8 if you add the wild card starfruit). Each card has a distinctive color (2-3 colors at most), and a clear gimmick, like purple (grape) being a super dense danmaku going very slowly.

But gore could trick us by making Ringo the Ex/Phantasm boss, (remember EoSD cover with Flan, PCB w/ Yukari, IN with Mokou hiding), with 9-10 cards, guaranteeing the use of all 8 fruits and then some.

Jimmy

• Shameless spender
  • gaining big pounds
« Reply #57 on: June 15, 2016, 04:50:30 PM »
Well, final bosses tend to have 5-7 spell cards in their arsenal. It could be a recap of the game, as the juice mechanic involves 7 fruits (8 if you add the wild card starfruit). Each card has a distinctive color (2-3 colors at most), and a clear gimmick, like purple (grape) being a super dense danmaku going very slowly.

But gore could trick us by making Ringo the Ex/Phantasm boss, (remember EoSD cover with Flan, PCB w/ Yukari, IN with Mokou hiding), with 9-10 cards, guaranteeing the use of all 8 fruits and then some.

Ringo as an EX/Phantasm boss would be even more hilarious.
That could be even possible if we look how hard and fast Gore actually works on FFF, looking at the tons of screencaps he (?) posts on his twitter.

« Reply #58 on: June 16, 2016, 09:44:07 PM »
spoilers re:endgame bosses: the demo files' bgm list indicates that
Spoiler:
Ringo is indeed
the final boss, and the EX boss is
Spoiler:
(drumroll) Flan!!
. I'm super excited to see what danmaku he comes up with for the latter in particular.

I, ah, can't seem to find any of gore's other works?
The only other game (that he's made available?) is Phantasmagoria of Imagine Breaker, a ToAru crossover work. (Download link; warning for Very Nsfw banner ads on axfc uploader, as usual)

Maple

• Mukyuu!
« Reply #59 on: September 05, 2016, 04:42:50 PM »
Happy bump.

Progress has progressed smoothly. Gore finished all stage 4 bosses, and is giving finishing touches to the enemy formations in the stage.

He noticed our sin. Editing the english wiki. Something i contributed to, like, a lot. 1 2 3 4 5

(actually, he did so more than a month ago, but i won't search for that one tweet now)

But now something serious. 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

He noticed that a bulletforge script used his shotsheet. The translator is giving me mixed messages, but i fear if he thinks that Python (the script author), stole gore's graphics. Someone please clear this up.