Author Topic: 東方天華楼 (Touhou Tenkarou) ~ Frantically Forbidden Fruit  (Read 71951 times)

Re: 東方天華楼 (Touhou Tenkarou) ~ Frantically Forbidden Fruit
« Reply #150 on: October 11, 2017, 10:49:59 PM »
Ya what Drake said

helpful guide:
  • Is Touhou fandom in the West/etc. often flagrantly disrespectful of creator wishes and resource crediting → Ya
  • Should you rip the game soundtrack and post it to YouTube when the game creator said not to → No!! Duh!!

• Gore took down one of the game links? → Yes, it's his game that he made for free and he can do what he wants with it
  • Does Gore have a bad attitude (not limited to this issue or Western fandom in specific) → Ya BUT, that has no bearing on the above things

• Is fruit game good → Yes, I liked the part where fruits happened

e: dangit i new-page'd it

CrestedPeak9

• Fangame Advocate
« Reply #151 on: October 11, 2017, 11:08:12 PM »
Okay, so someone told me that FFF's OneDrive link got taken down, so I went to check myself...

and found that gore took down the game downloads in September?!

From what limited google translate I can read, it looks like gore released the game without archiving textures, but someone from overseas did something and forced his hand

along with memory leaks and some other issues

Can someone with a better grasp of the language translate the blog post in question?
http://50dnh.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-23.html?sp
Lunatic 1cc: EoSD, PCB, IN, MoF, TD, DDC, LoLK, HSiFS, WBaWC

« Reply #152 on: October 11, 2017, 11:29:39 PM »
Oh that post? He's just re-doing the file structure and graphics coding to improve efficiency, I've seen screens of it on twitter. It's got nothing to do with Overseas Drama or whatever

e: wait there's more in the post apparently. ok here
"I actually have a few reasons for taking the link down; in order to avoid lag (memory leak w/ object values) I had to distribute the game w/ ingame textures unarchived, but a bit of a problem came up overseas."

(i forgot that the graphics weren't archived in the original release until i checked just now lol.) So it's both "graphics tweaks" and "don't touch the game files please," which: no real reason for concern. It's his game, he can do what he wants w/ it, just let 'im be

There's another blog post only 4 days later showing off the new graphics efficiency tweaks (shotsheet spacing, separating character faces from the rest of the portrait like ZUN does) and some screenshots, so things are going fine. (the post in question:  http://50dnh.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-24.html)
« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 11:42:49 PM by gilde »

Maple

• Mukyuu!
Bump

http://50dnh.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-26.html

■Patch Note
2017/12/26 ver 1.10a Large update
- Script lag removed. Delete useless tasks.
- Adjusted the difficulty of some barrage scripts
- The image file was archived. Unauthorized use of data before archiving is prohibited.
- The new stage "Harvest" has been added.
In order to play immediately, you need to save the data that cleared ExtraStage at least once

- Other. The display of the user interface etc. was fixed.

BulletForge
Onedrive

R. P. Genocraft

• Craftsman of absolute unpredictability
  • Boundary of productive and lazy
« Reply #154 on: December 26, 2017, 02:12:26 PM »
Just cleared harvest, that survival spell was pretty damn cool. If only the game wasn't running at 20 fps so it was absolutely trivial...
So, I've captured al harvest spells, but I couldn't unlock the new last words. Do I have to do anything else or is my game broken?

CrestedPeak9

• Fangame Advocate
« Reply #155 on: December 26, 2017, 03:07:42 PM »
Just cleared harvest, that survival spell was pretty damn cool. If only the game wasn't running at 20 fps so it was absolutely trivial...
So, I've captured al harvest spells, but I couldn't unlock the new last words. Do I have to do anything else or is my game broken?

Gore has confirmed that something has gone horribly wrong with Spell Practice.
You know what that means.
(v1.10b then c then d then who knows how many more patches down the line)

In other news, god damn scoring changed a lot.
You get waaaaay less juice from most bullets, but a stupid amount of juice from the white/gray ones. On Ringo's survival spell i got 3 bottles twice from just one of those white aimed rings.
So I got this run https://imgur.com/dTI3m51
where I failed like 5 important spell bonuses so that's an extra 5b to be had
aaaaaand then gore told me on twitter that the DDC combo system can be extended through chapter bonuses by bombing/juicing which means i'm going to need to route stages a little bit
yes that's 2 million PiV cap.

Gregory

• I draw stuffs
« Reply #156 on: December 27, 2017, 04:23:11 AM »
I have no problem with the all LW but the only thing that bugged me that both Akis still using their themes instead of the LW theme :-s

CrestedPeak9

• Fangame Advocate
« Reply #157 on: February 12, 2018, 03:44:54 PM »
https://twitter.com/Maxim_Heart/status/963072451528736773

v1.11a patch released, fixes crashing bug(s?) related to the Game Over menu, and fixes some LW related stuff

Arcorann

• hey catgirl
  • Surprisingly unkempt
« Reply #158 on: February 15, 2018, 03:11:12 AM »
Version 1.11b released. Includes fix for spell no. 189 in Spell Practice.

CrestedPeak9

• Fangame Advocate
« Reply #159 on: April 04, 2018, 05:10:28 AM »
Well, well, well. He's diving straight back in to making a new game.

http://50dnh.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-28.html?sp
東方門殊銭 (Touhou Monjusen) ~ Bubbling Imaginary Treasures is his third danmakufu fangame, and looks to be built off FFF's engine.

Reimu, Marisa, Sanae and Komachi are playables, and each of them have 3 shot type options, similar to Riverbed Soul Saver. That's 12 shottypes, with 24 unique unfocused/focused bombs...

The game is still veeeeery early in development, but as usual, gore is posting updates on his twitter (now under @fifty_pl00). It seems that Nazrin will return as a boss, probably Stage 1.
https://twitter.com/fifty_pl00/status/981276673655037952?s=19

Trial is planned to be released this or next year, with the full release set for Winter 2019.

...uhh, something FFF. Someone on Nico uploaded a 55b scorerun on Normal. I'm trying to reach that.

Edit: From what I can decipher from the story, the incident is that the Hakurei Shrine's donation box is overflowing with money!! or something like that
« Last Edit: April 04, 2018, 05:12:36 AM by CrestedPeak9 »

« Reply #160 on: April 04, 2018, 06:28:39 AM »
Wait a minute... that art...

It almost doesn't look traced...
My name is Tres. It sounds like "Tray". Tressert is "Tray-zurt"; like Tres dessert.
I've cleared every touhou game on Lunatic, and beaten every extra except SoEW.
NMNB: MoF Hard, SA Extra, UFO Extra

Drake

« Reply #161 on: April 04, 2018, 07:59:47 AM »
that's because it isn't

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

« Reply #162 on: April 22, 2018, 05:19:41 PM »
monju_reimu_think.png

I always figured the portrait edits were a cute intentional thing?

This new game looks too... normal. We're gonna get shooked. The gameplay description makes it sound like MPP. Do we really want another MPP?

« Reply #163 on: April 25, 2018, 09:04:56 PM »
Do we really want another MPP?
I do. But feel free to block me for my opinions  :)
No.

« Reply #164 on: April 28, 2018, 12:13:09 AM »
The problem with MPP is that the skill tree system makes little sense, the game ends up unbalanced because of the skill tree (and because of certain other dumb mechanics/bugs), and the game runs poorly. I can already tell you that at least one of those things will happen with this upcoming game.

CrestedPeak9

• Fangame Advocate
« Reply #165 on: April 28, 2018, 04:54:25 PM »
The problem with MPP is that the skill tree system makes little sense, the game ends up unbalanced because of the skill tree (and because of certain other dumb mechanics/bugs), and the game runs poorly. I can already tell you that at least one of those things will happen with this upcoming game.

What a positive outlook when the game's system hasn't even been revealed yet.
MPP's skill tree system had little to no impact on the game at all; the bonuses were not just situational, the effects were also not evident. The game running poorly is because it's Danmakufu, of course it's not optimized. If FFF ran badly for you, Gore provides an extensive menu of effects that you can cut to make it run smoother.

« Reply #166 on: April 28, 2018, 11:24:28 PM »
the gameplay description just says "collect money and then use it to do Special Move". it's a pretty big leap to assume that means it'll be Exactly Like MPP Run For The Hills imo, especially since gore himself doesn't have the highest opinion of mpp or rss in the first place

e: you know what i'm looking forward to! playable komachi! three whole shot types of playable komachi! the player descriptions in the twitter progress shots make all the shot types sound fun and inventive but komachi in particular i am excited to see
« Last Edit: April 28, 2018, 11:27:42 PM by gilde »

« Reply #167 on: May 02, 2018, 05:10:34 AM »
Some really odd takes going on in here, considering that until very recently I was one of the very few people who even saw all these fangames as anything more than bad jokes. In certain terrible-unfun circles, I still am, of course.

Yes, it is a pretty big leap... and I'm not the one saying that, at all. "collect money and use it to special move" sounds a bit more like Oreani 2 or something maybe. That claim about Gore vs th-jss is pretty firey btw, can I get a source?

What a positive outlook when the game's system hasn't even been revealed yet.
MPP's skill tree system had little to no impact on the game at all; the bonuses were not just situational, the effects were also not evident. The game running poorly is because it's Danmakufu, of course it's not optimized. If FFF ran badly for you, Gore provides an extensive menu of effects that you can cut to make it run smoother.
MPP ran poorly because there's something totally busted in the way it was coded. It actually runs slightly better with certain effects on. RSS and BoSM run significantly better at all times, despite having the same or (arguably) higher graphical quality (especially when you pop a Liberation in RSS).

I'm guessing this is something like how people think dnh v0.12m games ran poorly and endlessly made fun of them for it, despite exactly zero v0.12m scripts (except for some mysterious joke script that noone's ever even heard of, I guess) being anywhere near intensive enough to require anything more than a mid-range Pentium 4.

As for your totally crazy claim about the skill tree... no. Just... no, I mean there's nothing else for it, literally no. Go play some MPP, and don't let Sanae hit you on the way out.

And people tell me to do research. Lord. I don't know, I think I have pretty good reason to be at least a little worried, and I don't see why people feel a need to explain why I shouldn't, especially when that explanation involves totally wrong basic knowledge about games they almost certainly haven't played. This may or may not have something to do with my worry! Probably! Maybe. I don't really like how fangame developers are increasingly trying to appeal to these people, no.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2018, 05:13:53 AM by Despatche »

« Reply #168 on: May 02, 2018, 05:31:41 AM »
I'm not the one saying that [it'll be like MPP], at all

The gameplay description makes it sound like MPP. Do we really want another MPP?

The problem with MPP is that (etc). I can already tell you that at least one of those things will happen with this upcoming game.

???

e: i probably should also say that no, i didn't actually think you Literally assumed it was going to be Literally Exactly like mpp. 'twas hyperbole
« Last Edit: May 02, 2018, 06:03:31 AM by gilde »

« Reply #169 on: May 02, 2018, 06:11:06 AM »
That kind of hyperbole doesn't really work. It just causes more confusion on top of the initial confusion, plus additional confusion when you're told that it's supposed to be hyperbole. Proof: "pretty big leap" keeps flipping back and forth between "it'll be like MPP" and "it'll be a 1:1 copy of MPP". Why is that? That's not hyperbole. I said the former. I did not and will never say anything even remotely resembling the latter. I'm tired of word games, and attempts at hyperbole, and things that aren't plain English. I am endlessly surrounded by it and endlessly frustrated by it.

FFF is already a really dumb game in the fruit mode. Whatever this game turns out to be, there's good reason to believe it'll be more of that same dumbness, and I have a feeling that this game system isn't going to warrant a separate mode like FFF's did. I'd still like a source about Gore's opinions of other games, if anyone has that.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2018, 06:15:14 AM by Despatche »

Drake

« Reply #170 on: May 02, 2018, 08:01:16 AM »
I don't see how that's all that confusing. Just replace "Exactly Like MPP Run For The Hills" with "like MPP" and it accomplished the same thing, the point was that you said the description reminded you of MPP when all that's really been talked about was finding money and using it for special moves.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

« Reply #171 on: May 02, 2018, 08:14:35 PM »
In the groups I'm in, most people have pretty low expectations for gore's next work as both PoIM and FFF had a lot of poor design choices. But FFF was significantly better than PoIM, so we're hoping that the trend continues and this next game is even better. Benefit of the doubt and all that.

I don't think anyone's saying "you have low expectations for this game wow your opinion sucks." They're saying "why are you making big comparisons between this and MPP when we've been given so little information about this game?"

That comment stands out specifically. You have no reason to believe that "at least one of those things will happen with this upcoming game" other than gore's track record with previous games. It's one thing to have low expectations, it's another to assert "I already know how it's gonna be and it's gonna be bad".

Also...

The gameplay description makes it sound like MPP. Do we really want another MPP?

the gameplay description just says "collect money and then use it to do Special Move". it's a pretty big leap to assume that means it'll be Exactly Like MPP Run For The Hills imo, especially since gore himself doesn't have the highest opinion of mpp or rss in the first place

Yes, it is a pretty big leap... and I'm not the one saying that, at all. 

???
« Last Edit: May 02, 2018, 08:31:39 PM by TresserT »
My name is Tres. It sounds like "Tray". Tressert is "Tray-zurt"; like Tres dessert.
I've cleared every touhou game on Lunatic, and beaten every extra except SoEW.
NMNB: MoF Hard, SA Extra, UFO Extra

« Reply #172 on: May 07, 2018, 01:21:14 PM »
As for your totally crazy claim about the skill tree... no. Just... no, I mean there's nothing else for it, literally no. Go play some MPP, and don't let Sanae hit you on the way out.

And people tell me to do research. Lord. I don't know, I think I have pretty good reason to be at least a little worried, and I don't see why people feel a need to explain why I shouldn't, especially when that explanation involves totally wrong basic knowledge about games they almost certainly haven't played. This may or may not have something to do with my worry! Probably! Maybe. I don't really like how fangame developers are increasingly trying to appeal to these people, no.
Sorry for saying this, but you really need to cool down a bit and stop assuming everything about everything. Everyone has their own opinions and to be honest I don't mind fangame devs trying to appeal to a wider audience, if there's something wrong with it, feel free to enlighten me. The most I can think of is making the game too easy, but hey this is why we have different difficulty modes. Also before you call people for using "totally wrong basic knowledge about games" could you explain a little further what you mean by that? I've never seen anyone try to argue for or against a fangame they have never played in their life, especially Touhou one. The most I've seen are people talking about OST without playing the games, but in all honesty while it's better to experience OST in game for the first time ((since it usually goes hand in hand with gameplay)) I'm certain it's nothing that could be damaging to a dev or their community.

(...) especially since gore himself doesn't have the highest opinion of mpp or rss in the first place
Hmm interesting. Tbh Gore's games do feel like anti Ido games at this point. Both in plot (MPP and RSS ones try to take themselves seriously, like an actual Touhou game, while PoIM is that radical crossover and FFF is kind of all over the place - AlphaRingo included), gameplay and everything else (one is happy to share and distribute the OST, another is well... we've talked about it on this thread already). I've imagined there might be some rivalry going on, but I do hope it's at least a healthy kind of rivalry - aka both teams will try to improve to outdo the competitor.

e: you know what i'm looking forward to! playable komachi! three whole shot types of playable komachi! the player descriptions in the twitter progress shots make all the shot types sound fun and inventive but komachi in particular i am excited to see
Wait? Really? That's interesting. The only fangames to make Koishi playable were previously Shining Shooting Star and Chaos of Black Dragon/Chaos of Black Loong so I'm really interested to see where they will go with her.

Also Sanae is confirmed so that's good and I feel like Gore might want to make another game chuckful of playable characters and with a flair customization. I only hope this time they will try to make the stage and boss content more appealing. My biggest issues with their fangames is that outside of obvious issues (like the balance of the spells being all over the place) most of the time I feel like they just recycle known patterns without any interesting twists. That's why Stages 3 to 5 in FFF were a highlight for me, they've showcased something different with boss fights with characters who were mostly in fighting games and not every theme was an arrange of a theme we've heard thousand of times already.

So at the same time, sure I don't have highest expectations for their latest game, because of the devs' record, but at the same I agree with TresserT, FFF improved a lot and if Gore will keep on improving and listening to the feedback they might be up to something big.

« Last Edit: May 08, 2018, 01:45:02 AM by Popcioslav »
No.

« Reply #173 on: May 07, 2018, 05:29:44 PM »
The only fangames to make Koishi playable were previously Shining Shooting Star and Chaos of Black Dragon/Chaos of Black Loong so I'm really interested to see where they will go with her.

gilde said Komachi, not Koishi.

« Reply #174 on: May 08, 2018, 01:46:22 AM »
Oh shut you're right.

That actually makes it even better, I've always felt like Komachi was one of the more interesting and well designed characters of ZUN's and it's a shame that outside of SSR and her debut game she doesn't get any involvement.
No.