Author Topic: 東方天華楼 (Touhou Tenkarou) ~ Frantically Forbidden Fruit  (Read 72469 times)

CrestedPeak9

• Fangame Advocate
Re: 東方天華楼 (Touhou Tenkarou) ~ Frantically Forbidden Fruit
« Reply #120 on: August 09, 2017, 06:59:34 AM »
Probably a dumb question, but is there a download for the OST?

The OST is created not by gore, but used with permission from other artists (even if two tracks were made specifically for FFF).
The tracks in the RentalList text file with a tmbox link are available to listen to, but there is no download link.

I guess I should also mention that gore has decided to add a Harvest stage, similar to the Miracle stage in Re:PoIB. The midboss will be Aya Shameimaru, and the boss will be the Aki Sisters.
Second, he's also going to remake the game to improve performance and expects something to release around next year.
Lunatic 1cc: EoSD, PCB, IN, MoF, TD, DDC, LoLK, HSiFS, WBaWC

Drake

« Reply #121 on: August 09, 2017, 08:00:08 AM »
To be more clear, there is no download to be posted here, and do not upload the OST at all. Do not upload the tracks to Youtube, or anywhere else. Unauthorized redistribution/reproduction is strictly prohibited.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Chill Observer

• Aimless fanatic
  • haHAA
Retired Touhou player. Not involved with anything Touhou anymore.

Jimmy

• Shameless spender
  • gaining big pounds
« Reply #123 on: August 09, 2017, 08:29:45 PM »
I could already tell that he wasn't done with his game yet. "Harvest" is a fitting name for the mode/difficulty considering the main theme of this game. Liked the main game despite some flops in terms of spellcard designs, looking forward to what he's gonna come up with this time.

Background/setting looks a lot like HSiFS stages 1-2.
Normal 1cc: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, UFO, TD, DDC, LoLK Legacy, HSiFS, WBaWC
Hard 1cc: IN, DDC, HSiFS
Extra clears: MoF, DDC, HSiFS, WBaWC

Goals: Going Extra Hard!

« Reply #124 on: August 15, 2017, 07:42:19 PM »
Holy cow, what is up with the Master Spark in this game?! :P
Is it normal that you sometimes get blasted to the moon and back when using the Master Spark or did it just bug out for me? It was pretty hilarious even though it made me lose the last bit of concentration I had left. So if this is an actual feature in the game, could somebody tell me how to control it? Does it have something to do with whether I press up or down when I activate it?
I have attached my replay of that playthrough (If you want to see what I mean, start watching at stage 4) in case it was a bug and nobody here knows what I was talking about. ^^
« Last Edit: August 15, 2017, 07:44:45 PM by Kaiserlucas »

KaiserKnuckle

• You better stop,
  • and think about what you're doing
    • Music interests and whatnot
« Reply #125 on: August 16, 2017, 01:43:12 AM »
Holy cow, what is up with the Master Spark in this game?! :P
Is it normal that you sometimes get blasted to the moon and back when using the Master Spark or did it just bug out for me? It was pretty hilarious even though it made me lose the last bit of concentration I had left. So if this is an actual feature in the game, could somebody tell me how to control it? Does it have something to do with whether I press up or down when I activate it?

It's the older games' principle of unfocused and focused shots having different bombs, simple enough. Seeing how Gore conveyed Blazing Star as a bomb is considerably interesting.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

« Reply #126 on: August 16, 2017, 11:51:10 AM »
Ah, that makes sense, thank you. It is quite weird to use Blazing star as the player though ^^

« Reply #127 on: September 11, 2017, 03:07:36 PM »
Something kinda like this Blazing Star is in Phantasm Dream as well. Accelerate Spark or something? She doesn't leave the screen though.

Does anyone have the original PoIB, by the way?

IIRawsomeII

• Treat me as you will
    • Rawcode Studios
« Reply #128 on: September 20, 2017, 02:36:11 AM »
What happened to the link? I can't access it. It says:

The page you were looking for doesn't exist.

You may have mistyped the address or the page may
                                 have moved.

Perhaps it's just me but I'm not sure.  http://www.bulletforge.org/u/gore/p/dong-fang-tian-hua-lou-touhou-tenkarou-frantically-forbidden-fruitfull-version
Let's start again

☆ Kana ☆

• Vanishing Dream
  • Lost Dream
    • lololololo tungle
« Reply #129 on: September 20, 2017, 03:14:10 AM »
Nah, it's not just you, I even did a quick search and its page is just...straight up gone, it seems.  :ohdear:
Dream a dream so grand...that it becomes a nightmare.

Drake

« Reply #130 on: September 20, 2017, 03:17:53 AM »
http://www.bulletforge.org/u/gore/p/dong-fang-tian-hua-lou-frantically-forbidden-fruit

The project isn't for download there regardless because people can't follow rules

CrestedPeak9

• Fangame Advocate
« Reply #131 on: September 20, 2017, 03:39:43 AM »
Oh dear, oh dear.
In any case, go directly to his blog to download, click the first link under v1.00e:
http://50dnh.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-21.html?sp

Edit: Drake, could you help clarify what he means in the message? Can't really read the broken English.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 03:46:10 AM by CrestedPeak9 »

Chill Observer

• Aimless fanatic
  • haHAA
« Reply #132 on: September 20, 2017, 03:48:12 AM »
oh wow.

i didn't know scorefiles contain music data of all things, the hell? i thought it's literally just, unlock conditions. that's the purpose of a scorefile isn't it?
the intention was for those who want to edit the wiki to put all the spell card images and stuff on there, idk if anyone has done it yet.

anyways taken the link down for now

« Reply #133 on: September 20, 2017, 05:31:30 AM »
oh wow.

i didn't know scorefiles contain music data of all things, the hell? i thought it's literally just, unlock conditions. that's the purpose of a scorefile isn't it?
the intention was for those who want to edit the wiki to put all the spell card images and stuff on there, idk if anyone has done it yet.

anyways taken the link down for now

the scorefile doesn't contain any music files but it does contain the music room unlock flags. gore gets really over-the-top Internet Mad about ppl who repost touhou game music on youtube (which they should indeed not do w/o permission, to be fair) so he specifically made it so you have to hear a track in-game before it's unlocked in the music room. "to spite them!!" he said. there's........ literally nothing indicating that your scoredat upload had anything to do with the youtube reuploaders, but he still threw a big twitter fit over it last month and Swore Off Bulletforge Forever!! These Gaijin Just Can't Be Reasoned With!!

he is like this all of the time. dont take it personally

e: vvv ya
« Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 06:10:30 AM by gilde »

Chill Observer

• Aimless fanatic
  • haHAA
« Reply #134 on: September 20, 2017, 05:53:45 AM »
i mean... you don't even need to play the game to hear the music...

those youtube gaijin uploaders or whatever are smarter than this. rule of thumb is there's always a file that contains all the music somewhere and it's very easy to extract it. spiting people by doing this kind of thing in the music room does absolutely nothing.

yes it's not necessarily "correct" to do this, but this is exactly what happens every time and there's no way we can ever prevent this.

and in case people didn't know, my main reason for getting this scorefile up in the first place is the last words. in order to unlock all of them, all the requirements will end up unlocking the full music room anyway. if you want to unlock all the last words yourself, go ahead, but keep in mind it's probably about as tedious as unlocking the last words in IN, in other words don't bother trying, just get a scorefile with all of them unlocked.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 05:57:11 AM by Satori Komeijist »

IIRawsomeII

• Treat me as you will
    • Rawcode Studios
« Reply #135 on: September 20, 2017, 11:57:34 PM »
the scorefile doesn't contain any music files but it does contain the music room unlock flags. gore gets really over-the-top Internet Mad about ppl who repost touhou game music on youtube (which they should indeed not do w/o permission, to be fair) so he specifically made it so you have to hear a track in-game before it's unlocked in the music room. "to spite them!!" he said. there's........ literally nothing indicating that your scoredat upload had anything to do with the youtube reuploaders, but he still threw a big twitter fit over it last month and Swore Off Bulletforge Forever!! These Gaijin Just Can't Be Reasoned With!!

he is like this all of the time. dont take it personally

e: vvv ya

He doesn't seem like the quiet type at all.
Let's start again

☆ Kana ☆

• Vanishing Dream
  • Lost Dream
    • lololololo tungle
« Reply #136 on: September 21, 2017, 06:33:47 AM »
...Huh. So basically gore being super extra about things again? I know posting musics without permission is Bad, but...dude needs to chill, seriously. In the meantime, I'll just enjoy the nice fruit fangame as I have been~
Dream a dream so grand...that it becomes a nightmare.

« Reply #137 on: September 22, 2017, 04:48:20 AM »
Anyway yes fruit game. Regardless of anything to do with gore's attitude, FFF is a very good game and I love it a lot. Here is a list of things I like about it:

• The graphics nail the 'official game' style to a T, not just with the replicated ZUN assets but also with the FFF originals (stuff like Yuuka's portrait for instance). They're clearly the result of a lot of hard work. I kind of aspire to that level of proficiency?
  • The danmaku often takes heavy cues from the official series, yes, but actually playing through it is (imo) still plenty enjoyable. Simply clearing the game is extremely easy, but Paradise Mode makes additional play styles such as score-running and speed running fun, flashy and accessible to casual players as well.
  • BGM is top-notch, kudos to everyone on the music contribution list
  • The story and dialogue are my favorite part of the game, hands-down. I'm legitimately sorry for not having translated it yet, because I really want everyone else to enjoy it too. Like-- first off, the sheer volume of dialogue (separate Legacy and Paradise scenarios + variations for every Stage 4 combo) is impressive, because it shows that the author was obviously enjoying themselves while writing it. Both the dialogue and backstory are faithful to every character's personality, and incorporate tie-ins to various chapters of spin-off works in a way that reads very naturally. It's basically a big-budget "what if X, Y and Z interacted in canon?" fanfic, written by someone who clearly has a deep, genuine love for the series and its setting. ...I was about to write something about how "ZUN's games broaden the setting without deepening it, while FFF takes that setting and explores it more deeply," but then I remembered that that's exactly what the official spin-off manga do. That describes FFF perfectly; it's a 'spin-off manga' story in full-blown game form. I love ittttttt. It's my favorite kind of passion project. passionfruit project. lol

Chill Observer

• Aimless fanatic
  • haHAA
« Reply #138 on: September 22, 2017, 09:06:14 AM »
fff's scenarios all look interesting... if only that and poib both got fully translated someday. his games seem to go surprisingly deep in the storytelling compared to most other creators.

IIRawsomeII

• Treat me as you will
    • Rawcode Studios
« Reply #139 on: September 24, 2017, 10:19:41 PM »
I don't like its soundtrack, It's mostly just remixes of ZUN's songs.
It's nothing bad its just that I want some original tracks.
We've seen how good his original tracks can get, just look at Dragon God Flying to Mount Hourai ~ Oriental Mythology.
If he makes a new game I'll hope for more new tracks.
Let's start again

CrestedPeak9

• Fangame Advocate
« Reply #140 on: September 24, 2017, 11:04:05 PM »
I don't like its soundtrack, It's mostly just remixes of ZUN's songs.
It's nothing bad its just that I want some original tracks.
We've seen how good his original tracks can get, just look at Dragon God Flying to Mount Hourai ~ Oriental Mythology.
If he makes a new game I'll hope for more new tracks.

...gore did not compose the tracks.
The music was composed by a lot of people who let gore use the music in FFF.

IIRawsomeII

• Treat me as you will
    • Rawcode Studios
« Reply #141 on: September 25, 2017, 12:34:53 AM »
...gore did not compose the tracks.
The music was composed by a lot of people who let gore use the music in FFF.
I know that. I just let the Pronoun slip.
Let's start again

IIRawsomeII

• Treat me as you will
    • Rawcode Studios
« Reply #142 on: September 30, 2017, 06:31:08 AM »
I Decided to try Lunatic mode with Paradise, and I Actually 1CC'ed it. (Not really cause of skill, more like Yuuka and paradise are OP) Nerf when?
Side note: (Also I tried Yuuka vs Yuuka in Stage 4 but I don't get the plot behind it. I would have expected something like Mamizou was impersonating her but whatever. Can someone translate that?)
Edit: I realized I have version 1.0.0 so this won't matter.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2017, 01:20:55 AM by IIRawsomeII »
Let's start again

Gray21oh

• An excuse for a title
  • This is suppose to be nonsensical except it isn't
« Reply #143 on: October 09, 2017, 09:36:22 PM »
So looking through the rental list, a lot of these links are essentially dead because tmbox changed its domain and I don't think any of the artists have reuploaded onto there as of right now. Also a lot of hiragimi's compositions seem to be practically broken on their site meaning you can't really listen to them.

Also noting how gore's taken down the bulletforge link, is this just some act of vengeance against people reuploading the tracks to YouTube? Cause even with how wrong it is to reupload the tracks without the permissions of the original composers this is still kinda jerk-ish on everyone else.

Drake

« Reply #144 on: October 10, 2017, 03:42:57 AM »
tmbox dying has nothing to do with any of this, it's just a stupid coincidence. From the beginning, it doesn't really matter whether or not links to the original songs were provided; the point is having artist information. A number of tracks were modified from their originals for FFF as well, so it isn't as though you "could listen to them".

You can access hiragimi's stuff. You might have to be able to read some Japanese and actually look around for it but it's not hidden or out of the way. That's the case for a lot of these artists; you just have to actually try to find them if you're interested in their works.

Vengeance? Sort of? He only uploaded there to offer an outlet to english-speaking fans. Then they "betrayed his trust", so to speak. It has nothing to do with "these specific people did something wrong so I'm punishing everyone", it's "people who don't understand the language or culture will tend to completely disregard any sort of culturally-acknowledged rules and not be able to understand even when it's explicitly written", which in this case confirmed his prejudices. If you're making it about yourselves as though he's doing other people a disservice by removing the bulletforge link that's missing the point.

Chill Observer

• Aimless fanatic
  • haHAA
« Reply #145 on: October 10, 2017, 06:22:07 PM »
tbh when the creator himself doesn't even understand how his own gamefiles work and instead throws a major fit over something like this, i'm not going to take him seriously at all lmao. i already explained how it works earlier above.

btw more of the harvest stage has been revealed, from what i've seen it looks about as gimmicky/memo as the extra, it seems fitting i suppose but it's gonna be a fun time learning about this stage. hopefully harvest nn is achievable, after all someone already did exnn, but fangame patterns in general are a slippery slope so i dunno.

i don't have his new twitter, can crested or someone else link it here?
« Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 06:25:11 PM by Satori Komeijist »

« Reply #146 on: October 10, 2017, 07:42:55 PM »
tmbox dying has nothing to do with any of this, it's just a stupid coincidence. From the beginning, it doesn't really matter whether or not links to the original songs were provided; the point is having artist information. A number of tracks were modified from their originals for FFF as well, so it isn't as though you "could listen to them".

You can access hiragimi's stuff. You might have to be able to read some Japanese and actually look around for it but it's not hidden or out of the way. That's the case for a lot of these artists; you just have to actually try to find them if you're interested in their works.

Vengeance? Sort of? He only uploaded there to offer an outlet to english-speaking fans. Then they "betrayed his trust", so to speak. It has nothing to do with "these specific people did something wrong so I'm punishing everyone", it's "people who don't understand the language or culture will tend to completely disregard any sort of culturally-acknowledged rules and not be able to understand even when it's explicitly written", which in this case confirmed his prejudices. If you're making it about yourselves as though he's doing other people a disservice by removing the bulletforge link that's missing the point.

I would be more inclined to agree with you if gore didn't have a history of flipping out any time anyone commits any small "rule infraction". He's had a lot of bile towards the western fanbase for a long time, this incident is just one in a long line of them. Tbh, it almost feels like he was waiting for someone to "break one of the rules" so he'd have a reason to make a big deal about it.
My name is Tres. It sounds like "Tray". Tressert is "Tray-zurt"; like Tres dessert.
I've cleared every touhou game on Lunatic, and beaten every extra except SoEW.
NMNB: MoF Hard, SA Extra, UFO Extra

Drake

« Reply #147 on: October 11, 2017, 02:06:12 AM »
I would be more inclined to agree with you if gore didn't have a history of flipping out any time anyone commits any small "rule infraction". He's had a lot of bile towards the western fanbase for a long time, this incident is just one in a long line of them. Tbh, it almost feels like he was waiting for someone to "break one of the rules" so he'd have a reason to make a big deal about it.
I don't disagree with that. But the fact of the matter is that he uploaded to bulletforge pretty much for westerners, people didn't follow terms of use, so he took down the upload aimed at that group. It's pretty clear-cut and saying "it's just gore" is misguided. Somebody flipping out over minor grievances isn't reason to ignore their complaints altogether either, especially when it's literally their work.

tbh when the creator himself doesn't even understand how his own gamefiles work and instead throws a major fit over something like this, i'm not going to take him seriously at all lmao. i already explained how it works earlier above.
He knows how it works. After this happened he went to investigate if you could decrypt files in-script (rather than the engine handling it) to prevent this. Whether the files are easily accessible or not shouldn't have anything to do with expecting people to not redistribute the data (what a concept), but if pressed about it of course you're going to ramp up security until the problem improves.

Like come on guys, gore can get mad and be unreasonable all he wants but that doesn't make people justified in going against him.

« Reply #148 on: October 11, 2017, 03:13:08 AM »
I don't think anyone's saying he's wrong for feeling the way he does. He has every right to take down his game if his terms and conditions aren't being followed; he has every right to make the people on youtube take down the videos. But to quote gilde:

gore gets really over-the-top Internet Mad about ppl who repost touhou game music on youtube (which they should indeed not do w/o permission, to be fair) so he specifically made it so you have to hear a track in-game before it's unlocked in the music room. "to spite them!!" he said. there's........ literally nothing indicating that your scoredat upload had anything to do with the youtube reuploaders, but he still threw a big twitter fit over it last month and Swore Off Bulletforge Forever!! These Gaijin Just Can't Be Reasoned With!!

He's not just simply saying "people broke the rules so I'm upping security and taking down the game." He's turning this into "the western fanbase are no good dirty rotten etc etc etc who don't deserve what Japan has to offer!!!" like he always does.
My name is Tres. It sounds like "Tray". Tressert is "Tray-zurt"; like Tres dessert.
I've cleared every touhou game on Lunatic, and beaten every extra except SoEW.
NMNB: MoF Hard, SA Extra, UFO Extra

Drake

« Reply #149 on: October 11, 2017, 05:19:00 AM »
Well it's kind of both, like I said from the start. I'm not saying he isn't overreacting, largely pulling on prejudices, or making quick blanket judgments. It's entirely possible he set the "English-oriented" upload up half-expecting someone to confirm prejudices. But it is absolutely the case that the western fandom is incredibly bad about understanding the culture, respecting creators, and entitlement; acting with the mindset of requiring explicit restrictions instead of explicit permissions, and so on. I think it is completely fair for a Japanese person to assume that if an English-speaking audience (or Chinese, often enough) discovers their content, even if they write down terms of use and so on in that language, much of that audience will not respect it due to the differences in cultural mentality. If someone then comes to the conclusion that an audience that generally doesn't respect their content doesn't "deserve" to have that content, while I may not personally agree, it is a legitimate stance to have, and is not just about some seemingly racist sentiment as this seems to be commonly painted as.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 05:22:34 AM by Drake »