Author Topic: Star Ocean 5 to be released on June 28 in NA  (Read 3816 times)

Zerviscos

• Infinite Bread Chewing Powers! Activate!
  • Om nom nom nom nom nom*
Star Ocean 5 to be released on June 28 in NA
« on: March 30, 2016, 03:28:53 PM »
http://gematsu.com/2016/03/star-ocean-5-launches-june-28-north-america
https://store.na.square-enix.com/product/285324/star-ocean-integrity-and-faithlessness-ps4

One of my favorite games of all time, now revamped to a more fun of diverse sci-fi exploration, will be released tomorrow in Japan, and 28th June in NA.

And just like good ol' Tri-Ace, it'll feature dual audio language, of Japanese and English.
I hope there's gonna be a collector's for this, or atleast a PS4 bundle, but I doubt it.

Twitter | Steam | Battle.net[Zerviscos#1833]

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
Re: Star Ocean 5 to be released on June 28 in NA
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2016, 05:18:10 PM »
My only concern is that it comes out near a LOT of other games.  But otherwise, I'm excited.

Reddyne

• Give me love and money. I have the rest already.
  • Love and money coming from you is what I need.
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2016, 06:59:55 PM »
My only concern is that it comes out near a LOT of other games.  But otherwise, I'm excited.
I'm already swamped and fear that I may have to pick and choose between excellent and perfect games soon. :V

TA-DAAAAAAA! 61 blood donations and counting! 
Best Mile: 5:30
Best 5k: 18:07
Best Marathon: 3:23:16

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2016, 01:19:23 AM »
Watched omegaevolution's stream of this earlier. Game looks so good so far, but who knows how it'll actually end up.

I won't be able to get this right away due to not having PS4 yet, but it's one of the first games I would pick up for PS4.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2016, 04:04:57 AM »
yeah 2016 seems to have a lot of games that I'm looking forward to (Though they got xcom2 outta the way). I have yet to play a star ocean game too. Not sure why I never got around to it.

Zerviscos

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2016, 04:37:56 AM »
yeah 2016 seems to have a lot of games that I'm looking forward to (Though they got xcom2 outta the way). I have yet to play a star ocean game too. Not sure why I never got around to it.
They're pretty good. My favorite is Star Ocean 3. Aside from their cheesy voice acting, it's a really swell game. You can play the first remake and HD titles in the Vita. But if you don't want to, it's fine. SO's lore is pretty complicated tbh, even I don't understand half of everything that happened.
This year is the year whether we can manage our money properly or not. :V

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2016, 04:46:47 AM »
Tokyo Mirage Sessions is four days before (Yes, I'm one of the people actually interested in that), and Zero Escape 3: Zero Time Dilemma is the *exact* same day and I'm legit considering booking days off work for that so SO5 can wait.

That and I don't have a PS4 yet.

But that's sooner than I was expecting it to be announced for.

Zerviscos

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2016, 02:04:17 PM »
Disappointingly, the CE in the NA ver. has no figure, as opposed to the JP one. Also 100usd, ffs Square, am I paying some sort of high-density carbon steel cover that has been forged and heat-treated? 'cause those cards, and art book ain't gonna cover that price.

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2016, 02:08:59 PM »
It's got a nice box, at least.

triangles

• gotta stock up on dark matter
  • each pound of which weighs over 10,000 pounds
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2016, 03:10:49 PM »
Zero Escape 3: Zero Time Dilemma is the *exact* same day
yeaaaah sorry Star Ocean.  I may have been a fan since renting SO2 from Blockbuster when I was in junior high but but but ZERO ESCAPE!!!  You're gonna wait a bit.

Jq1790

• Wow I'm back to playing this game.
  • Let's puzzle together again, Karin!
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2016, 05:50:33 PM »
To be fair it's basically paying $40 for those due to the exorbitant prices of things these days.  Not that that makes it worth it or not, but still.

Definitely a raw deal to lose out on something that the JP version got though.

Speaking of SO, I should finish playing Til the End of Time again eventually and maybe look into the other games in the series, see if I'd wanna keep looking at it once I get the requisite systems for whatever ones I might end up trying to play.
If you're a Pazudora player and aren't on #puzzleandlibrarians, come join us!