Author Topic: FLCL Seasons 2 And 3 - Courtesy Of Adult Swim  (Read 2447 times)

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
FLCL Seasons 2 And 3 - Courtesy Of Adult Swim
« on: March 26, 2016, 12:17:00 AM »
It's happening, and with Production I.G.

Now, as part of its anime-focused Toonami block, Adult Swim has announced that it?s bringing back one of those old anime shows, FLCL, for 12 brand-new episodes. This comes from a post on the official Adult Swim Facebook page, which says those 12 episodes will be split into two seasons, and that they?ll act as a sequel to the original series.

Toonami creative director Jason DeMarco [was asked] on Twitter whether The Pillows would be involved in the new FLCL, and he [said] they would. DeMarco reiterated this in another tweet, adding that the original voice cast, director Kazuya Tsurumaki, and Gainax co-founder Yoshiyuki Sadamoto will be involved as well.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Re: FLCL Seasons 2 And 3 - Courtesy Of Adult Swim
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2016, 12:27:41 AM »
OH MY GOD

edit: they better not fuck this up though
« Last Edit: March 26, 2016, 12:32:44 AM by King Suikama »

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2016, 06:29:23 AM »
I STILL NEED TO FINISH FLCL

As I understand, this is less of a capitulation on Gainax losing the license for the show and more of a passion project by the Toonami folks, the original creator, and some others. And a former Gainax key animator is involved too. At the very least it won't be shit, but fair assumption it won't be as special as the original.

Late 2017 / Early 2018 Hype.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2016, 02:56:12 PM »
I should probably get on watching the original. I've been putting it off for too long due to forgetfulness.

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2016, 06:54:43 PM »
Never saw FLCL,but a lot of people seem kinda worried about how it'll turn out. Personally, I hope it's good. It'll be interesting if we see more of this stuff in the future.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff