Author Topic: JAGMO orchestra, talk shows & misc Japanese events: Touhou Year-End Party  (Read 19217 times)

cuc

• Probably won't respond 'til this mess is sorted o?
JAGMO (JApan Game Music Orchestra), a group dedicated to game music, announced it will hold a full orchestra concert for Touhou Project at Tokyo Opera City on May 3, 2016.

The Touhou fandom has produced a few classical-style concerts of its own, but having Touhou music played by a full orchestra is a first. Consider adding it to your schedule, if you plan to visit this year's Reitaisai.

Full press release at Famitsu

Official website
« Last Edit: December 08, 2016, 06:17:48 AM by cuc »
Touhou Fantasy News: twitter

Sedrife

• Amateur Touhou Piano Player
  • イケメンFlan is the new hype
    • Touhou Piano Project
Re: Full orchestra concert for Touhou Project in May 2016
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2016, 07:07:42 AM »
Love how they named the tickets using Touhou reference:

幻想郷のシート    ・・・ SSS席  (Gensokyo's Seat - SSS seat)
    完全で瀟洒なシート  ・・・ SS席  (Perfectly Elegant Seat - SS seat) [Reference to Sakuya]
    知識と日陰のシート  ・・・ S席    (Seat of Knowledge and Shadow - S seat) [Reference to Patchoulli]
    極めて普通なシート  ・・・ A席   (Extremely Ordinary Seat - A seat) [Reference to Marisa]
    空飛ぶ不思議なシート ・・・ B席  (Strange Seat Floating in the Sky - B seat) [Reference to Reimu]
    永遠に紅いシート   ・・・ C席 (Eternally Red Seat - C seat) [Reference to Remilia]
    半分幻のシート    ・・・ P席 (Half-Fantastical Seat - P seat)

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2016, 09:19:35 AM »
    半分幻のシート    ・・・ P席 (Half-Fantastical Seat - P seat)

That would be a reference to Youmu, right? Half-fantasy, half-reality, altogether half-baked.

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2016, 10:42:45 AM »
Another fantastic artistic victory for the worlds greatest fandom!  :D

N-Forza

• Information Superhighway Robbery
  • I said it was a steal, but not for whom
I realize no one cares because everyone left Japan (for some unfathomable reason) but the sequel is this weekend. http://tohoproject2.jagmo.jp/

The setlist is pretty much a reprise of the first, although they added Reisen's & Youmu's themes in the first part.

I got an SS ticket this time around so at least I'll have a better view, even if I will be lonely.

I realize no one cares because everyone left Japan (for some unfathomable reason) but the sequel is this weekend. http://tohoproject2.jagmo.jp/

The setlist is pretty much a reprise of the first, although they added Reisen's & Youmu's themes in the first part.

I got an SS ticket this time around so at least I'll have a better view, even if I will be lonely.

Oh wait, are you attending, Forza?
Do you think I can ask you to buy one CD for me? It should be available on the event.
https://twitter.com/jagjagmo/status/781774092873506816

Probably won't make it since it's today though

cuc

Re: JAGMO orchestra concert, Nikenme Radio VR & misc. Japanese events
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2016, 03:18:46 PM »
I've been meaning to use this thread for other Japan-only events with some significance.

Anyway, in today's (Oct 31) Nikenme Radio stream, this year's live talk show with ZUN was announced, titled "Nikenme Radio VR" this year (the previous ones were called "Nikenme Radio 3D").

Another announcement: a surprising Touhou collaboration with Yoshiro Kimura's mobile F2P puzzle/RPG, "Brave Yamada" (Yuusha Yamada-kun). If you've been following Kimura-related news, you should know that the game is about a middle-aged game developer using his spare time to make his own indie game. In a sense, you can't find a more perfect collaboration than this!

ZUN also reminded us today is the release date of the artbook by long-time official Touhou artist, Asai Genji.

Drake

Re: JAGMO orchestra concerts, talk shows & misc. Japanese events
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2016, 01:16:07 AM »
Nikenme Radio VR is scheduled for December 23. Tickets are apparently on sale as of a few minutes ago, which means they're probably all gone lol.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2016, 01:22:56 AM by Drake »

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

cuc

Re: JAGMO orchestra concerts, talk shows & misc. Japanese events
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2016, 12:32:24 PM »
Famitsu has published an announcement of the Brave Yamada collaboration.
http://www.famitsu.com/news/201611/01119610.html

During the period from Nov 11 to Dec 12, 2016, a collaboration dungeon will appear in the game, called 弾幕輝珍城 "Castle of Shining Danmaku Treasure", replacing the TH14 main title's "needle" with "treasure".

The article says "perhaps" ZUN himself will appear in Yamada's apartment. Of course this isn't his first cameo appearance in a game - that would be Touhou Unreal Majong. But that was just a little in-joke, while this is him trying to help a friend's game, so maybe we can get some new ZUN-quotes he has to say about game development?

Screenshot of the in-game news update:
« Last Edit: November 01, 2016, 12:40:29 PM by cuc »

Shadowlupus

• Crimson Blade Hidden Amidst the Darkness
Touhou assets appear in a mobile RPG game called Brave Yamada-kun
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2016, 01:13:53 PM »
EDIT: I was way too excited and hasty on bringing the news that I didn't know it was posted long before.

I see a total of five ZUN's assets in the screenshots: Fairy, Sunflower Fairy, Curse Decoy Doll, autumn leaf from MoF onwards, and finally the Miracle Mallet.

« Last Edit: November 01, 2016, 01:39:11 PM by Kageshirou »

cuc

Re: Touhou assets appear in a mobile RPG game called Brave Yamada-kun
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2016, 01:32:15 PM »
I see a total five ZUN's assets in the screenshots
Nah, I actually double-checked. These sprites are newly drawn. In fact they look worse than ZUN's own.

Like you said, it's nice that the collaboration is about ZUN and Touhou itself though, not Touhou as a character franchise.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2016, 03:28:23 PM by cuc »

cuc

Countdown to the Touhou event in the app for the first five days:

cuc

Re: JAGMO orchestra, talk shows & misc. Japanese events
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2016, 10:30:23 AM »
A topic brought up in this August's NicoNico stream (the one where they announced those ULiL controllers) was the NicoNico Creator Incentive Program.

Some background is necessary. Launched in Dec 12, 2011, NicoNico Creator Incentive Program is one of NicoNico's methods for user monetization. For a work (video, stream, artwork, 3D model, or NicoNico Commons content) registered in the program, the system will calculate a score based on its popularity (no. of views/downloads, etc.), and hand out a monetary reward to its creator if it's popular enough.

Back when the program first came out, ZUN had been asked about how it works with Touhou fan creations. He said fans are allowed to opt in the program for the reward, but NicoNico's license to utilize these works naturally does not override the copyright owners', i.e. NicoNico can't use its uploaded Touhou fan works for commercial purposes without his permission (which is common sense).

Now, a unique feature of the program is its "content tree" system inherited from NicoNico Commons, their community for sharing materials usable in creative works. For example, suppose you had uploaded a 3D model you made to NicoNico, and two other creators used your model in their videos, then they can tag their video as "children" nodes of your model in the content tree, and under the Incentive Program, you will also benefit from their popularity. This model is not only advantageous to individual creators, but also presents an attractive alternative from either banning all Let's Plays or seeing zero dimes from their popularity. That's why a few game companies have been experimenting with the program, most notably Nintendo. (News on Nintendo's participation in 2014)

Since the system was developed for image, audio and video files, it has no direct support for games and software tools as a content type. NicoNico suggests a simple workaround for developers to partake in the program: upload a "parent video" (e.g. a tutorial) that fan creators can link to. For example, you can see on the NicoNico help page that Ubisoft has made "parent videos" for Far Cry Primal and Trackmania Turbo.

So for Touhou, what ZUN has now done is putting up the Q&A segment of August's stream that explains this topic as the parent video for Team Shanghai Alice. From now on, any fan creators on NicoNico have the opportunity to be charitable towards ZUN by linking their content to the video. Needless to say, he is not Nintendo, and this is voluntary.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2016, 03:16:19 PM by cuc »

Sedrife

• Amateur Touhou Piano Player
  • イケメンFlan is the new hype
    • Touhou Piano Project
For those who might be interested in the rest of the Yamada-kun x Touhou Project countdown.

(EDITED by cuc: replaced images with direct rips)
« Last Edit: November 10, 2016, 09:52:22 AM by cuc »

cuc

From the official Brave Yamada stream:
1. ZUN proposed the DDC theme of the dungeon. Everything ZUN wrote for the event fits into the Brave Yamada world, and everything Kimura wrote had been edited by ZUN. He also supervised the making of all other details.

2. Difficulty-wise, the easy version of the dungeon should be comparable to the middle section of the game, while the hardest version is comparable to the end of the story.

Is it me or does that guy who jumps when he gets hit by danmaku resemble mario?

cuc

That's the protagonist Yamada, a single, 36-year old indie game developer. He's meant to be a potbellied middle-aged everyman down on his luck, with some remseblance to Kimura himself:
« Last Edit: November 13, 2016, 02:29:24 PM by cuc »

cuc

Should have posted about it earlier. Yesterday (Nov 22) was the date for the wedding banquet of our old friends, the Touhou musicians Beat Mario and Amane, a.k.a. COOL&CREATE.

The archived stream of the banquet should be permanently available here for premium NicoNico users.

I'll just post some random twitter pictures.

The cake.

Buta Otome's Comp (polar bear) and Paprika (cat) with the bride and groom.

The bride and groom lighting candles.

In addition to attending the banquet with other Touhou associates, ZUN also recorded a video message. Some NicoNico commenter: "It's just like he is [congratulating them as] their boss!"

What happened to ZUN's cask of sake (used as gifts for felicitation on very special occasions).
« Last Edit: November 23, 2016, 07:15:29 AM by cuc »

Drake

everything about that is glorious

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

My favorite moment has to be when Beat Mario's mom come into the stage and sing his song with him.
And she's pretty good.
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm16816809

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
Beautiful. I have NicoPrem so going to watch it at home tonight. Curious about the whole ceremony and such.

cuc

Re: JAGMO orchestra, talk shows & misc Japanese events: Touhou Year-End Party
« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2016, 06:20:09 AM »
http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv284060834
19:00 Dec 11 JST: a year-end party to commemorate the release of ULiL PS4 and the birth of ZUN's daughter. CROW'SCLAW, Buta Otome, Sekken'ya, and COOL&CREATE will perform.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2016, 08:39:12 AM by cuc »