Author Topic: Final Fantasy XV to launch this September 30th Worldwide  (Read 1959 times)

Zerviscos

• Infinite Bread Chewing Powers! Activate!
  • Om nom nom nom nom nom*
Final Fantasy XV to launch this September 30th Worldwide
« on: March 14, 2016, 11:45:04 AM »
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/final-fantasy-15-release-date-reportedly-revealed/1100-6435609/
http://gematsu.com/2016/03/rumor-final-fantasy-xv-launches-september-30

Confirmed
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/final-fantasy-15-release-date-oficially-confirmed/1100-6436119/

I was in my late high school years when they first announced Final Fantasy XV, and now...I'm way past college, and working. Square Enix is literally now my King of Hype in my list topping Valve.

Also, remember when Nomura(or was it Kitase, maybe Wada, not really sure) said that they wouldn't do an FFVII remake, >UNLESS< they have '"exceeded FFVII".
So is this it? There are stories on the internet that tells how Tabata and his team are trying to exceed FFVII and become a very revered game like it was in the 90s. Plus they're already planning development of VII Remake.

Is Final Fantasy XV really the one to surpass the "very overrated"(yes that's what I think all these years) FFVII? And are they gonna release a limited PS4 Bundle with it? 'cause I'm seriously gonna sell mine if they do.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2016, 04:34:38 AM by [En]glish Muffin »

Twitter | Steam | Battle.net[Zerviscos#1833]

MatsuriSakuragi

Re: [RUMOR] Final Fantasy XV expected to launch this September 30th
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2016, 12:19:36 PM »
Literally everything I have seen about FFXV has left me incredibly underwhelmed. I'm hoping they turn it around, but my hopes aren't very high.

Jq1790

• Wow I'm back to playing this game.
  • Let's puzzle together again, Karin!
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2016, 09:33:28 PM »
I do not know anything about it, and should probably take a look eventually, but after my time with 12 and 13 I find myself caring very little for most of FF's offerings.

Expecting the diehard FF7 fans to ever admit there is anything better in the series than it is probably pretty naive though.  Older games have longevity of fanbases if they got popular at all, so it's probably too late to exceed what 7 created without an absolute miracle.  (Not to mention how much FF7 spinoff material there is just continuing to fuel the flames/cash in on the way it's revered.)

Also, if it's been in development for a long time, don't get your hopes up anyway.  Remember, it could be another Duke Nukem Forever.

(Don't get me wrong, I WANT it to be good, to rekindle my interest in the series, but I'm skeptical by default of Final Fantasy as a brand after my most recent forays into it [minus XIV which I really should remember to play more when I get my subscription re-upped again if I don't blow all my Steam credit on other games, but that's neither here nor there].)
If you're a Pazudora player and aren't on #puzzleandlibrarians, come join us!

Reddyne

• Give me love and money. I have the rest already.
  • Love and money coming from you is what I need.
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2016, 10:15:30 PM »
And some of us are just waiting for a release date for the PC version of FF9.

TA-DAAAAAAA! 61 blood donations and counting! 
Best Mile: 5:30
Best 5k: 18:07
Best Marathon: 3:23:16

Zerviscos

• Infinite Bread Chewing Powers! Activate!
  • Om nom nom nom nom nom*
Re: Final Fantasy XV to launch this September 30th Worldwide
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2016, 04:34:09 AM »
FFXV has just been confirmed for the 30th September release date during the "Uncovered: Final Fantasy XV" event in LA.
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/final-fantasy-15-release-date-oficially-confirmed/1100-6436119/

Wow, since 2006. Topkek.

Anyways, the LEs and CEs have been announced.
$90 for the Deluxe Edition

And a whopping $280 for the Ultimate Collector's Edition.

I'm skipping the CE of this since it actually looks dull with it's price. Play Arts IS NOT a good figure model imo. I'll just go with the Deluxe Edition for those bonus content. Atleast I'll save some money to buy SO5 or Persona 5's CEs/LEs.

No PS4 bundle sadly.

Edit: Also it seems like good 'ol SE is hyping FFXV. We now have a new demo, AND an anime.
Edit 2: Looks like the UCE is already sold out in under 24 hours. WOW, the hyping is real.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2016, 04:53:52 AM by [En]glish Muffin »

Twitter | Steam | Battle.net[Zerviscos#1833]