Author Topic: Saving the World With Power of Friendship - Let's Play Touhou-A-Live [COMPLETED]  (Read 46056 times)

Your Everyday NEET

• Part time Researcher & Let's Player, full time NEET, also an eel
No RE-Al-Phoenix though? :V

Anyway, I'd like to vote for the Netherworld chapter. By the way, what's the requirement for that particular chapter's superboss?
Not in this chapter.

Well, that's simple. I don't know. Youmu was like Snake in this video during my playthrough.

Kinda curious on this "age-inappropriate" superboss in Wild
Spoiler:
(Is it a sinsack, perhaps?)
, and it might be better to do it now and bleach your brain after it than wait for later, so... Wild.
Spoiler:
Sinsack is counted as boy in Danbooru, so it's probably not sinsack
. Hint: I use the proper pronoun to describe to superboss.

That's a shame really, I thought someone was going to butt in during the voting. Oh well, I'll decide it with 3 coin toss.

And the result was:
Netherworld: 1
Wild: 2

Looks like Zent wins again. Please wait warmly while I play.

Your Everyday NEET

Wild Chapter - Part 1 - This is Still a Touhou Fangame

Wild Chapter is unique that its story is told without dialogue. So this chapter is the hardest to screencap and have a lot of picture.

EDIT: Updated combining recipes
« Last Edit: April 02, 2016, 07:12:33 AM by Your Everyday NEET »

Leon゠Helsing

• 0 - The Fool
  • Pave your own path
Oookaaay... A kedama and a crow? How's "that" gonna work? :V

Your Everyday NEET

Oookaaay... A kedama and a crow? How's "that" gonna work? :V
Sanae: You can't let yourself be held back by common sense!

Wild Chapter - Part 2 - Tis' Was a Bad Day

2 update in a single day? Yes Please.

Your Everyday NEET

Wild Chapter - Superboss

How's that for an "age-inappropriate superboss"!

The ⑨th Zentillion

• The impeaches were delicious...
  • Now hungry for conviction!
    • Zentillion's Tumblr
...That was age-inappropriate?  :wat: Seemed like pretty standard JRPG boss fare to me. I thought it was going to be something dirty-ish (hence my first guess).
Did you bring a light?
...No...

Smash the Fash; The far right belongs in the TRASH.

The ⑨th Zentillion

• Zentillion's Tumblr
Ah, I thought that might have been it since it wasn't the other. And considering FF1 came out like almost 30 years ago (JP release was in December of '87, then the Western one was in 1990)... yeah, it's apt.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2016, 07:41:57 AM by The ⑨th Zentillion »
Did you bring a light?
...No...

Your Everyday NEET

"Age" as in "era". :V
Yeeeeeeah.... I actually meant to that. Me and my english.

Also, why am I keep calling the chicken-in-a-stick kebab? They're actually yakitori, not kebab. They're both different type of food.

Wild Chapter - Part 3 - Is That a Dragon?! That is a Dragon!

No wonder they crapped themselves.

Note: This chapter is the hardest and the fastest to make. It's hard because my screen capturing software has a half-second delay and its story is told through body language and context, it's fast because I don't have to write any dialogue.

Chapter left:
Gatekeeper, Wild West, and Netherworld.

the voting session has reopened until 7 April. Be sure to post your votes for which chapter I will do next.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2016, 04:52:48 PM by Your Everyday NEET »

The ⑨th Zentillion

• Zentillion's Tumblr
Now that that's sorted out, I'm going to throw Leon a bone here and vote for Netherworld this time.
Did you bring a light?
...No...

Leon゠Helsing

• 0 - The Fool
  • Pave your own path
Sweet. My previous vote for Netherworld still stands, by the way.

Your Everyday NEET

Netherworld: 2

*sigh* Great, it's Netherworld this time. You know, I was hoping the next chapter would b- okay, NEET, stop that sentence! Telling your preferences is bad for your PR.

Okay, okay, here we go.

Your Everyday NEET

Netherworld Chapter - Part 1 - Solid Youmu

Alternate title: A Million Way to Die in the East.
Being a pacifist is hard, at least Undertale had it easy.

Leon゠Helsing

• 0 - The Fool
  • Pave your own path
Smuggling bananas? I wonder if that's an intentional reference to SaGa/Final Fantasy Legend 2's translation? :V

Your Everyday NEET

Smuggling bananas? I wonder if that's an intentional reference to SaGa/Final Fantasy Legend 2's translation? :V
Well, SaGa is well outside my scope, so I don't know. But after research, I think it's probably intentional.

Netherworld Chapter - Part 2 - Liquid Youmu

"LIQUIIIIIIIIIIID"
"SNAKEEEEEE"
A common way of greeting among Metal Gear freaks circa 2014

Damn, Metal Gear Solid had it easy

Leon゠Helsing

• 0 - The Fool
  • Pave your own path
So with what I think is a full party for that chapter I wonder if you can take on the superboss from earlier?

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
Soul Katana or whatever it was changes depending on what weapon you have equipped, by the way. Some of them are pretty nice.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Your Everyday NEET

So with what I think is a full party for that chapter I wonder if you can take on the superboss from earlier?
One word: Cakewalk. Most superboss here can be beaten with pure determination and grinding (Finding them on the other hand...). Only the superboss in Gatekeeper actually can't be beaten if you don't make preparation well in advance.

Soul Katana or whatever it was changes depending on what weapon you have equipped, by the way. Some of them are pretty nice.
Yeah, I just realized that after this update.  But most that I found is shit though.

Netherworld Chapter - Superboss - Solidus Youmu

Never thought fighting superbosses = pushover.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2016, 04:48:25 PM by Your Everyday NEET »

Leon゠Helsing

• 0 - The Fool
  • Pave your own path
Huh, that was pretty anticlimactic indeed. You'd think their HP would've been way higher or something.

Lt Colonel Summers

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Do not mess with a soldier
The Netherworld chapter actually has a very blatant reference to Metal Gear Solid. If you find yourself in jail, one of the few methods you can bust yourself out is to give the bottle of ketchup found in your cell to the guard, who'll give it a taste and then complains that it is "wretchfully rotten" before rushing straight toward the bathroom next door, dropping the key in the process.
Even funnier? That guard's name is also Johnny (well, actually Jonii, but close enough). Poor Johnny Sasaki, even in an entirely different game, he is still suffering from bowel problems...
There's nothing inscribed on the dog tag...

Leon゠Helsing

• 0 - The Fool
  • Pave your own path
Actually that was already pointed out in the second part, though only briefly. And it was also pointed out that doing that will only give you a brief window, and once he's done doing his business he'll be on your ass faster than you can mimic the alert sound effect.

Your Everyday NEET

Huh, that was pretty anticlimactic indeed. You'd think their HP would've been way higher or something.
Well, they have 1000+ HP for sure. It's just the difficulty from Hourai's comes from finding ways to hurt them, in Wild's is radiation, and in Gatekeeper is pure terror. Netherworld...?

The Netherworld chapter actually has a very blatant reference to Metal Gear Solid. If you find yourself in jail, one of the few methods you can bust yourself out is to give the bottle of ketchup found in your cell to the guard, who'll give it a taste and then complains that it is "wretchfully rotten" before rushing straight toward the bathroom next door, dropping the key in the process.
Well, I actually forgot that that method also comes from Metal Gear Solid 3. At first I tried the food method, he just gave me cigar, then fake death, he open the cell, then sneak out, got caught (No Reflex mode in Snake Eater), forced to kill Johnny with a goddamn fork.

Netherworld Chapter - Part 3 - Big Boss

Chapter left:
Gatekeeper, and Wild West.

Two more chapter until the best chapter. As always, there are 3 days voting to determine the next chapter that I will play.

Leon゠Helsing

• 0 - The Fool
  • Pave your own path
Well, I'm somewhat ashamed to say that I could only recognize a handful from that amalgamation of bosses, namely YHVH, Ultima (FFT), Madotsuki, and probably
Spoiler:
Reimu

Anyway, voting for Gatekeeper chapter this time.

The ⑨th Zentillion

• Zentillion's Tumblr
Let's get the last superboss out of the way! Gatekeeper!
Did you bring a light?
...No...

Your Everyday NEET

Gatekeeper: 2

It's decided. We do Gatekeeper first, then Wild West

As usual, please wait warmly while I play.

Your Everyday NEET

Gatekeeper Chapter - Part 1 - Reality Ensues

I like it when a game does this kind of deconstruction. Also, this chapter is waaaay easier compared to the likes of Hourai, Wild, and Netherworld.

Strangely, my screen capturer cannot interact with Fighting Games. I don't know why, it can interact with MGSV: The Phantom Pain just fine (Although, doing that reduce its FPS to a crawl considering my laptop struggles playing it)

Leon゠Helsing

• 0 - The Fool
  • Pave your own path
Wait, was that intro fight prerecorded or actually playable?

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
  • Just chilling like a hermit.
Wait, was that intro fight prerecorded or actually playable?
Looks pre-recorded....
My danmakucopter goes pew pew pew!

Check out my newb PAD box it's a thing right?

Your Everyday NEET

Unfortunately, neither are correct. The battle is fully playable... in Touhou 12.3 Hisoutensoku. It's just me and my brother duking it out (while I held back) and photoshop it to make it look convincing. The real battle goes like this

[attach=1]
I attack once after using baiting tactic.

[attach=2]
She attack once

[attach=3]
I dead

Gatekeeper Chapter - Part 2 - History Repeats

What a bland villain.

Leon゠Helsing

• 0 - The Fool
  • Pave your own path
Pfff, did you really have to remind us of that infamous scene from Sonic '06? :V