Author Topic: Saving the World With Power of Friendship - Let's Play Touhou-A-Live [COMPLETED]  (Read 46029 times)

Leon゠Helsing

• 0 - The Fool
  • Pave your own path
And they had to go and remind us of how they tried to pad this game with generic grimdark. :V

Lt Colonel Summers

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Do not mess with a soldier
Remember how you found Head Plucker in the original LAL?
Well, do the exact same thing in TAL and you'll find yourself facing
Spoiler:
The Black Dragon aka Oersted/ Odio.

Also, go to the Moriya Shrine, insert a couple of Money into the donation box, and you'll face Yagokoro Daioh as the boss.
There's nothing inscribed on the dog tag...

Your Everyday NEET

• Part time Researcher & Let's Player, full time NEET, also an eel
Remember how you found Head Plucker in the original LAL?
Well, do the exact same thing in TAL and you'll find yourself facing
Spoiler:
The Black Dragon aka Oersted/ Odio.

Also, go to the Moriya Shrine, insert a couple of Money into the donation box, and you'll face Yagokoro Daioh as the boss.
I don't actually, me and my friends only got 1/3 way into the final chapter before we stop playing it. Probably because I showed him the Fantasy Chapter of Touhou-A-Live and he was thoroughly unimpressed by it.
Okay, I'll do that.

Final Chapter Part 5 - Of A Fallen Shrine, Space Odyssey, Ice Dungeon, and Cheaters
I already done that actually, and it was just a pushover.

Final Chapter Part 7 - Of Creepy Lady, Dinosaur, Alcoholism, and Heavily Customized Magicom

I really missed my story-oriented Touhou RPG.

Leon゠Helsing

• 0 - The Fool
  • Pave your own path
What would Xenophobia give you anyway?

Your Everyday NEET

What would Xenophobia give you anyway?
The last of Aerial equipment: Aerial Mail.

Final Chapter - Final Boss + Bad Ending

Final Boss Fight

I played Touhou horror game recently
Spoiler:
and will let's play it later on
, but it isn't as scary as compared to the final boss. JRPG can be creepy sometimes.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2016, 01:30:49 PM by Your Everyday NEET »

Leon゠Helsing

• 0 - The Fool
  • Pave your own path
Purple-haired girl is Patchouli, note the crescent moon hair ornament. Blonde-haired girl is Flandre as evidenced by the rainbow crystal wing, and taking that into account blue-haired girl is most likely Remilia.

As for the final boss itself, I want to say I've seen creepier, though I can't really remember which one. Probably in one of the Drakengard games.

Your Everyday NEET

Purple-haired girl is Patchouli, note the crescent moon hair ornament. Blonde-haired girl is Flandre as evidenced by the rainbow crystal wing, and taking that into account blue-haired girl is most likely Remilia.

As for the final boss itself, I want to say I've seen creepier, though I can't really remember which one. Probably in one of the Drakengard games.
Oh yeah... I should've seen it.

I'm pretty sure anyone would be surprised seeing Drakengard's final boss in route B, and D. Drakengard 2's final boss is not scary, and I don't know about Drakengard 3 since I don't have PS3.

Kept you waiting, huh?

Final Chapter - True Final Boss

My opinion of Genius of Sappheiros:
Despite it's hard difficulty, bullshit trial-and-error bosses, and general dickery of that game, I actually liked that game. I like that every character has their own unique weapon, skill tree, and skills to make them unique while still making them heavily customizable. I really welcome it's hard difficulty, it really forces me to strategize and min-maxing my characters. Though I really don't like it's final boss and really wish that they all burn in hell.

Leon゠Helsing

• 0 - The Fool
  • Pave your own path
...Seriously? This, now, of all times?

Your Everyday NEET

...Seriously? This, now, of all times?
Maybe this is meant to symbolize our strength now. Live-A-Live also did that for its true final boss.

Final Chapter - True Ending

So, this is it for Touhou-A-Live. A pretty good crossover between Live-A-Live and Touhou except for its eighth chapter. Sure it got a few bugs here and there, and the gameplay in the end just revolves around damage rush. But still, replicating Live-A-Live gameplay in RPG Maker is a very hard thing to do, and I respect their effort for creating this game.

As a screenshot based let's player, I still got much to learn. From my commentary skills, my play style, completeness, and humor. Plus, I got to stop changing my style mid let's play. I'm still nothing compared to Validon98 and my inspiration, Roukanken.

As for my next play, I'm going to play something Touhou... and Chinese.

Leon゠Helsing

• 0 - The Fool
  • Pave your own path
Maybe this is meant to symbolize our strength now. Live-A-Live also did that for its true final boss.
Huh, forgot about that. Guess my reaction to this game pretty much defaulted to disappointment ever since... well, you know.
Well, at least I actually have a name to blame now.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2016, 03:48:46 PM by Leon゠Helsing »

The ⑨th Zentillion

• The impeaches were delicious...
  • Now hungry for conviction!
    • Zentillion's Tumblr
Spoiler:
"Meanwhile, I fail to realize what's exciting about seeing a black ball."

It's
Spoiler:
Rumia
. :V

But anyways, yes, this was a nice little LP. Thanks for doing this!
Did you bring a light?
...No...

Smash the Fash; The far right belongs in the TRASH.

Your Everyday NEET

Huh, forgot about that. Guess my reaction to this game pretty much defaulted to disappointment ever since... well, you know.
Well, at least I actually have a name to blame now.
I once experienced something like that, only mine is against an unwinnable bug-ridden boss.

It's
Spoiler:
Rumia
. :V

But anyways, yes, this was a nice little LP. Thanks for doing this!
Spoiler:
I still fail to see what's exciting about seeing her.

A 50+ part LP is not exactly small per se, but you're welcome.

You know that I intent to play chinese Touhou horror game as my let's play, right? After I think about it, I realized that it's actually more trouble than it's worth. First, it's untranslated, that means I'm playing it blind unless someone can give me translation (which is very unlikely), plus you need to be able to read the clues for solving the puzzles, and the puzzle is randomized, no cheesing it out by seeing guide, I tried. Second, I don't know if the game supports text hooker or not, probably not. Does text hooker supports Game Maker's game? So, I'm going to replace my next LP with a translated Chinese Touhou CRPG.

Spoiler:
I tried to manually translated it, only to find out the text is so small that complicated chinese text are nigh-impossible to read (it's just like seeing a black blot with outer glow), forcing me to squint my eyes (my eyes still hurts after that). The result: Let's just say... it's not pretty.

Why I won't let's play The Genius of Sappheiros:

This is my play time in Genius of Sappheiros. Even at that level, the final boss can still kick my ass if the RNG is not kind to me (like that's fair calling minibosses and having attack that deals fixed damage (666), and having 3 forms)

And this is my playtime in Final Fantasy X. And that is me with ridiculously overleveled Tidus who can two shot the final boss. And it only took me 41 hours.

I'm not going to waste another 100 hours of my life just grinding like hell and meeting bullshitty boss again. Do you know how much time I spent against the final boss? 3 DAYS and 2 NIGHTS!!! That's like if I'm staying in hotel and spending my time doing nothing but trying to defeat that shit! I really hope the final boss burn in hell for eternity. (Though, I bet it can be fun riffing all those bullshittyness of that game)

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
Eh, you can easily avoid the minibosses via not killing the add-ons (other than the dang turtle) and mystic resist and luring slot pretty much makes the 666 attack toothless. But it IS a -very- long game and it does have a fairly high difficulty, so not lping it is entirely understandable :V
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Your Everyday NEET

So, I'm going to replace my next LP with a translated Chinese Touhou CRPG.
Well... I tried to play the Chinese Touhou CRPG. But for reason unknown, the game crashes in the middle of prologue. With the chinese Touhou fangames out, my next option will be..

GODDAMNIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leon゠Helsing

• 0 - The Fool
  • Pave your own path
*Pats YEN's back*
...Good luck.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
I started this like two years ago, and mostly enjoyed it til I got to Mima's chapter. Then I was just horribly disappointed and dropped out at Louise after determining there was probably no way to actually spare her. I have been inspired to try and finish it, as it has been taunting me for awhile.

I demand an apology.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
Mima's chapter is a sucker punch of bad after a mostly good game.

It's really does feel like one needs an apology after trying to play through it :V
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Your Everyday NEET

I think I'm the only one who enjoyed Mima's chapter. My friend hated it, you guys hated it, everyone hated it. I don't know, probably because I found it really funny for Gensokyo to be turned into a war-zone.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
It would've been bearable if it didn't last for-ever.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
And it's not really a mirror to Oersted's chapter while drifting pretty  far from what makes Touhou good. Admittedly, Oersted's chapter is hard to carry over.

Edit: Okay, aside from everything turning into SMT during part 3 (down to the dungeons looking like SMT dungeons), I am terribly amused that Ichirin is Agrias and Yumemi is Meliadoul for no goddamn reason other than there's no stopping it.

Edit: Oh shit, dying in obscurity. I smiled despite myself.

Edit edit: Oh shit that's Strabo, waddup. It took me a bit to recognize him.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2016, 04:44:27 PM by Purvis C. Tycoon »

Your Everyday NEET

And it's not really a mirror to Oersted's chapter while drifting pretty  far from what makes Touhou good. Admittedly, Oersted's chapter is hard to carry over.

Edit: Okay, aside from everything turning into SMT during part 3 (down to the dungeons looking like SMT dungeons), I am terribly amused that Ichirin is Agrias and Yumemi is Meliadoul for no goddamn reason other than there's no stopping it.
Touhou is good because the story is silly and don't take itself seriously (sometimes). Mima's chapter is dead serious and almost as dark as Batman v Superman. Yeah, how can you recreate a knight and princess story when there is no castle, knight, and princess in Touhou? Especially when the princess is Reimu?

Part 3 don't have dungeons. Agrias? Meliadoul?
« Last Edit: June 22, 2016, 05:11:19 PM by Your Everyday NEET »

Leon゠Helsing

• 0 - The Fool
  • Pave your own path
Agrias? Meliadoul?
Look up Final Fantasy Tactics.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Essentially, they both have attacks from said character, and Yumemi has Meliadoul's signature weapon, Save the Queen. Honestly, this whole thing is increasingly giving off FFT vibes in ways that are almost pleasing.

Then that happened, and well, there's all the kind of forgiveness this part had built up pissed away. Also that was the worst scream effect.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Hey I got a question.

How'd you get in here in the final chapter? When I try it, it tells me that it's locked. And from what I can gather, there's a sweet grass converter in there: http://ic.pics.livejournal.com/youreveryneet/76738738/1957406/1957406_900.png .

Your Everyday NEET

That's the slum's safehouse. That's strange, all safehouses are supposed to be open. Maybe the game glitched?
The safehouse there convert 20 Strong Parts for 99 Recovery Grass. It's useful for upgrading Shang. If you can't enter it, there's a safehouse somewhere that converts Strong Parts for 5 Recovery Grass.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Oh well. Thanks!

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
And it is done. I'm more pleased by the last chapter and ending than I thought I'd be.

Everyday, thank you for your LP. It inspired me to finally slay this beast. As well, you've created perhaps the most comprehensive walkthrough I've seen for this by far, which was immensely helpful. I doubt I would have found even half of the secrets in the last chapter without it (Also wish I knew it was possible to save Reisen =[ ). You are a champ.

Fun things: I made Meiling my main character, and I went full IQ build on her. By the end, she had an IQ well over 200. Which meant spells pretty much never hurt her, and Old Fox Dance hit like a bus, which was great for dealing with issues. It did make equipping her interesting, though, since I didn't want to drop her IQ too much.

I did take on Xenophobia: it was surprisingly not bad, but it was also the last EX Boss I faced. Only like 1600~ HP on it. Barely got in a hit in before I Fox Danced it to death.

Your Everyday NEET

Everyday, thank you for your LP. It inspired me to finally slay this beast. As well, you've created perhaps the most comprehensive walkthrough I've seen for this by far, which was immensely helpful. I doubt I would have found even half of the secrets in the last chapter without it (Also wish I knew it was possible to save Reisen =[ ). You are a champ.

Fun things: I made Meiling my main character, and I went full IQ build on her. By the end, she had an IQ well over 200. Which meant spells pretty much never hurt her, and Old Fox Dance hit like a bus, which was great for dealing with issues. It did make equipping her interesting, though, since I didn't want to drop her IQ too much.

I did take on Xenophobia: it was surprisingly not bad, but it was also the last EX Boss I faced. Only like 1600~ HP on it. Barely got in a hit in before I Fox Danced it to death.
You are welcome, though I prefer to be called YEN. The game has a guide only for the last chapter though, and that is where I found all the secret. I also didn't know Hourai's and Wild West's secret and I knew it from Validon98's previous let's play.

I didn't know you could do that. I guess Old Fox Dance can be useful since it's animation is 10x shorter than X Y L Shan Quan. Like I said in my GoS let's play I mostly built my character as a jack-of-all-stats.

I did not fight that boss though in my let's play.