Author Topic: ZUN announces PS4 version of Touhou 14.5 ULiL  (Read 209687 times)

Re: ZUN announces PS4 version of Touhou 14.5 ULiL
« Reply #120 on: May 08, 2016, 05:53:30 AM »
My old avatars: Old ass turtle, Unzan - Second and Current Avatar by the talented Aoshi-shi

game2011

• mineiptXD
    • Supreme ??asual Dating Verified Women
« Reply #121 on: May 08, 2016, 05:57:17 AM »
So much for ZUN's "never-been-playable-before" priority...  Not that it's a bad thing.

No, her personality is literally just "Her personality changes in different situations."
Which doesn't equal no personality.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2016, 06:14:08 AM by game2011 »

cuc

• Probably won't respond 'til this mess is sorted o?
« Reply #122 on: May 08, 2016, 06:10:17 AM »
Yeah, I'm more worried whether the exceptionalness of this new character would make future PC parity even more unlikely.

Unless we are going to get more returning characters involved in moon-related shenanigans...
« Last Edit: May 08, 2016, 06:20:07 AM by cuc »
Touhou Fantasy News: twitter

game2011

• mineiptXD
« Reply #123 on: May 08, 2016, 06:16:11 AM »
trying to get Momiji as an assist for Aya
What?

« Reply #124 on: May 08, 2016, 08:11:17 AM »
So much for ZUN's "never-been-playable-before" priority...  Not that it's a bad thing.

I think it still fits their modus operandi - this is clearly LoLK Reisen rather than IN Reisen, which makes her the representative for the most recent game in the series. Given that the majority of LoLK's cast consists of either remote, godlike entities (Sagume) or of footsoldiers and dogsbodies (Clownpiece) she actually seems like a fair choice. Depending on the scope of the expansion I do think one of the higher level boss characters could be interesting as well, but if we take this in a vacuum and assume that she's a single character addition like Meiling then she makes a lot of sense.

« Reply #125 on: May 08, 2016, 08:22:43 AM »
Should've picked Ringo.

« Reply #126 on: May 08, 2016, 08:52:26 AM »
Well, I am a little disappointed that it's Reisen again but we have to remember that they might have a few more characters still unannounced that might act like UNL was to SWR... unrelated to the urban legend incident. I guess we will simply have to wait and find out in time.

I wonder what else about the urban legend incident is still yet to be unresolved
Spoiler:
once Reimu captured Sumireko
? Are they going to make Reisen fight the giant mechanical spider? (seriously, this still makes me laugh after all this time X D)

« Reply #127 on: May 08, 2016, 09:43:26 AM »
I'm glad to see Reisen added- she's one of my favourites!

She isn't quite Kaguya but I'm glad ZUN is adding another member of my top 5 (as Miko is already there) to ULiL

Still want Kaguya VS Mokou though...

cuc

« Reply #128 on: May 08, 2016, 12:15:58 PM »
There may be least one more character.

Clip from the trailer

In the trailer, in addition to the silhouette of a character portrait, they also showed the silhouette of some sprite animations.

I can make out the character's two feet; she wears what seems a long skirt that reaches her feet and takes up lots of screen area; she also wields a staff or a polearm weapon. My initial reaction upon seeing the sprite is: "hey, Kaguya knows how to use a naginata?"

The character is reminescent of Kokoro, but is definitely a different person.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2016, 01:04:23 PM by cuc »

7TC7

• In best company
« Reply #129 on: May 08, 2016, 12:47:23 PM »
Are you sure thats not Reisen? Look at the form of her huge mass of hair in this picture that was posted earlier:

I'm also pretty sure I can see her long ears in the silhouette.
< picture leads to my YouTube channel

Shadowlupus

• Crimson Blade Hidden Amidst the Darkness
« Reply #130 on: May 08, 2016, 01:14:34 PM »
Well, from the clip, the silhouette appears to wear a really long poofy skirt that covers her entire leg, so that can't be Reisen...unless she has alternate costumes, of course.

And oh yeah, the shadow figure seems to be holding something long like a pole weapon or something like that. It was very brief so I can't be sure.

So, I guess it is another character speculation time! Who could it be!?

- Kaguya, possible, the shadow figure fits her very well with her extremely poofy skirt, I don't recall her having a pole weapon though.
- Shou, I guess? She has a spear but her skirt isn't that poofy though, judging from her UFO art.
- Kagerou, again, the skirt looks a little bit too inflated to be her and I don't think she even has a weapon.
- Yukari? Keine?
- A new character?
- A Red Herring?
- Did you think the silhouette was someone else? Too bad! It was Kokoro-chan!

EDIT: The picture was really blurry so I couldn't see Reisen's hair. Yeah, it might be just her.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2016, 01:25:05 PM by Kageshirou »

Spotty Len

• The Spottiest Len Around
  • Yuuka Master Race
« Reply #131 on: May 08, 2016, 01:18:14 PM »
You know, those things appearing here could also be something else...

cuc

« Reply #132 on: May 08, 2016, 01:33:47 PM »
Even if it's Reisen, the long weapon looks like something new. We'll know soon enough when Tasofro upload the trailer to Youtube.

Summary of today's information:

- One of the Play,Doujin! games shown was Yoiyami Dream (Twilight Dream), a sidescroller starring Rumia. The fact that the developer can be such a big fan of Rumia really piqued ZUN's curiosity. ZUN: "I can't recall anything about what I was thinking when making EoSD."

- Reisen was announced.

- ZUN said Reisen is in her LoLK appearance. It feels like the right time for her to show up. She is in ULiL for the purpose of story. [Her story mode] takes place after LoLK.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2016, 03:09:29 PM by cuc »

game2011

• mineiptXD
« Reply #133 on: May 08, 2016, 01:44:53 PM »
I still think it's Reisen.  The poofy skirt is her hair, while the stick is actually one of her ears.

Drake

« Reply #134 on: May 08, 2016, 01:48:10 PM »
The fact that it seems to say 新たな人物を加え and EXTRA leads me to believe it's a new character

or it's mima

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

« Reply #135 on: May 08, 2016, 01:54:29 PM »
The fact that it seems to say 新たな人物を加え and EXTRA leads me to believe it's a new character

or it's mima

OK, i will call it now: It's Mima but in her human form (if she has one xD)

Doki-Doki

• Oki-Dokie!
  • Ooh, scary, scary!
« Reply #136 on: May 08, 2016, 01:56:48 PM »
Even if it's Reisen, the long weapon looks like something new. We'll know soon enough when Tasofro upload the trailer to Youtube.

Summary of today's information:

- One of the Play,Doujin! games shown was Yoiyami Dream (Twilight Dream), a sidescroller starring Rumia. The fact that the developer can be such a big fan of Rumia really piqued ZUN's curiosity. ZUN: "I can't recall anything about what I was thinking when making EoSD."

- Reisen was announced.

- ZUN said Reisen is in her LoLK outfit. It felt right for her to show up now, for the purpose of story. [Her story mode] takes place after LoLK.
Is there any chance we'll get a proper upload of that little "extra" trailer bit? I'm guessing the character is Nue but a tiny part of me sees some resemblance to mima, with the cape and the staff. But I'm almost certain it's not her.

PK

• Border of Whatever
« Reply #137 on: May 08, 2016, 02:06:10 PM »
If Reisen's story is specifically after LoLK, maybe it's another lunarian or someone related to Hecatia or Junko. It might even be Chang'e since she's the moon rabbits' leader and all, but she's supposed to be trapped on the Moon..

Or it's Mima.

game2011

• mineiptXD
« Reply #138 on: May 08, 2016, 02:39:43 PM »
OK, i will call it now: It's Mima but in her human form (if she has one xD)
She has legs in Touhou 5, which makes her look human.

« Reply #139 on: May 08, 2016, 03:14:05 PM »
You know, those things appearing here could also be something else...

From looking at that picture I was actually thinking of Sagume and the silhouette was her wing.

The character with the long dress could be Junko because Junko certainly had a long dress (but dat poofiness though!)

She is in ULiL for the purpose of story. [Her story mode] takes place after LoLK.

All the characters in LoLK are up for grabs! If Reisen's story takes place after LoLK then there is no excuse to say they are not available.

Reisen *after* her experience in LoLK as implied here also could hint that this is an expansion to the original ULiL and not just bonus content for a console exclusive... I mean, it would be a dick move to wall off something as lore important as that. Don't forget your PC customers TasFro!  :V

Could this also mean that Reisen going to the moon in LoLK is the true canon for that game?  :ohdear:

Plubio

• 宇宙少年
    • Suzunaan
« Reply #140 on: May 08, 2016, 03:24:15 PM »
Could this also mean that Reisen going to the moon in LoLK is the true canon for that game?  :ohdear:

What's canon and what's not has been such a trouble in the recent years. Especially when everyone seems to know the new characters (technically speaking, only Reimu is the one who should) so I guess argue about this topic is pointless imo.
Speaking of which, I'm excited to see Reisen in the game. And that silhouette... I think is unlikely to talk about a new character (it's an expansion, after all), but it is too early to judge.

I guess we will have to wait until Comiket.

game2011

• mineiptXD
« Reply #141 on: May 08, 2016, 04:26:04 PM »
Since Touhou 15 is about the moon, it would be weird and a waste if Reisen going there isn't canon.

« Reply #142 on: May 08, 2016, 05:13:20 PM »
Plot Twist - It's Sanae! With that, now we have all LoLK people.

TableCloth

• Call of Loli: Waifu Warfare
« Reply #143 on: May 08, 2016, 05:24:37 PM »
she wears what seems a long skirt that reaches her feet and takes up lots of screen area; she also wields a staff or a polearm weapon.

Inb4 Shinki :V

Killme.exe

On a slightly more serious tone, I just hope that they will put Yukari in it simply to explain whatever the fuck she was doing during LoLK. That, and I kinda bored playing as her in soku.
Normal 1cc: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC, LoLK, HSiFS
Hard 1cc: MoF, IN, SA, PCB
Lunatic 1cc: MoF, IN

Currently struggling against depression by writing a light novel. Also, stop talking about nazi. The fact that I have Swastika in my name makes me stressed whenever anyone brought up any topic related to nazi and neo-nazi (unless we're talking about history, then I'm up for it). No, I'm not a neo-nazi. Neither are my parents. F**k off.

« Reply #144 on: May 08, 2016, 07:01:03 PM »
So it was Reisen all along. Can't say I'm too happy about it since I was expecting someone that wasn't playable before (or Sanae), but oh well.

As for the new silhouette, I think that's supposed to be a new character. The appearance doesn't match anyone else that I can notice. Plus she seems to be wielding some sort of pole thing and I can't recall anyone having anything of the sort besides Shou's spear and Kokoro's naginata. Well, I guess Mima does have a magic staff but I somehow doubt it's actually her.

Koog

• I live to protect those dear to me,
  • as a good friend would.
« Reply #145 on: May 08, 2016, 07:16:30 PM »
I'm kinda thinking of Yamame/Medicine when I see the dress of the silhouette...

However that's not possible seeing that silhouette behind the sprite...
Mwahahahahha!

« Reply #146 on: May 08, 2016, 07:59:40 PM »
I think it the silhouette might be Nue, Kaguya or Shou as well.

UTW

« Reply #147 on: May 08, 2016, 08:24:50 PM »
I'm going to say the silhouette is Junko with a new Chinese polearm type weapon.

It simply makes the most sense to me with this is taking place post-LoLK. The skirt matches and what seems like long hair or tails in the rear silhouette matches. The only thing that doesn't is the fact she didn't use a weapon in LoLK, but this could just be her personality and fighting style adapted to be  more suitable to a fighter. Rather than direct danmaku in LoLK, instead she chooses a killing weapon here. It would also add an unexpected new wrinkle to her character the way a motorcycle or cape did for the likes of Byakuren and Miko. And she would be looking to acclimate herself to Gensokyo.

I was also thinking it could be Kaguya (once again, skirt and long hair) with the weapon similarly being a way to adapt her to a fighting game environment, but I wouldn't expect her given what I assume to be a very limited number of character slots, since adding her would mean three IN characters.

« Reply #148 on: May 08, 2016, 08:25:18 PM »
On a slightly more serious tone, I just hope that they will put Yukari in it simply to explain whatever the fuck she was doing during LoLK.
Thats already been explained, kind of. Apparently Yukari didn't consider LoLK or ULIL big enough for her to do anything about them, which is very hypocritical on her part, considering she beat up Tenshi for messing with The Hakurei Shrine.

However, Some recent chapters of the Official Manga's have suggested that she had more sinister reasons for not participating in those incidents...
My old avatars: Old ass turtle, Unzan - Second and Current Avatar by the talented Aoshi-shi

Glaceon Mage

• Dragon Quest fangirl
  • Hahaha...
    • Glac's FFN profile
« Reply #149 on: May 08, 2016, 08:29:02 PM »
The silhouette looks kinda like that pumpkin Pok?mon.  Gourgeist, I think?

I think it's a new character.