Author Topic: ZUN announces PS4 version of Touhou 14.5 ULiL  (Read 209767 times)

Re: ZUN announces PS4 version of Touhou 14.5 ULiL
« Reply #90 on: April 05, 2016, 01:04:47 AM »
If Kaguya joins, I would definitely think something was up. She rarely ever leaves the Bamboo Forest.

N-Forza

• Information Superhighway Robbery
  • I said it was a steal, but not for whom
« Reply #91 on: April 05, 2016, 02:31:38 AM »
Not by choice, presumably.

Reu

• Ambitious Youkai
« Reply #92 on: April 05, 2016, 03:10:03 AM »
If Kaguya joins, I would definitely think something was up. She rarely ever leaves the Bamboo Forest.

Well you could argue that Mokou being there kinda makes it less suspicious, they are supposed to fight quite often.
Sometimes Streams at Hitbox.tv/Reu

game2011

• mineiptXD
    • Supreme ??asual Dating Verified Women
« Reply #93 on: April 05, 2016, 03:39:58 AM »
She enjoys going outside, so it makes sense for her to participate in incidents that interest her.

inb4Inabaisnotcanon

Prime32

• Munch-Munch Demon
« Reply #94 on: April 05, 2016, 11:35:31 AM »
Eirin going outside would be more alarming.

« Reply #95 on: April 05, 2016, 11:27:40 PM »
If Tewi goes outside, you know someone's gonna get tricked into a scam, by a really cute bunny in a pink gown <3 usa

« Reply #96 on: April 06, 2016, 11:30:00 PM »
She enjoys going outside, so it makes sense for her to participate in incidents that interest her.

inb4Inabaisnotcanon

Inaba is canon. But i don't remember Kaguya ever going outside the bamboo forest in that manga.
Eirin going outside would be more alarming.
No it wouldn't, she would do anything for Kaguya, that includes going outside.

And finally, Rin Satsuki is dead, deal with it.
My old avatars: Old ass turtle, Unzan - Second and Current Avatar by the talented Aoshi-shi

game2011

• mineiptXD
    • Supreme ??asual Dating Verified Women
« Reply #97 on: April 07, 2016, 04:07:32 AM »
Inaba is canon. But i don't remember Kaguya ever going outside the bamboo forest in that manga.
I know it's canon.  I said that as a joke due to ZUN giving its author lots of freedom, thus leading some to say that it shouldn't be considered true canon.

There are chapters about Kaguya going outside in an ox-pulled cart and another one where she goes fishing, both times on her own accord.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2016, 11:32:40 AM by game2011 »

« Reply #98 on: April 07, 2016, 05:18:40 AM »
The ox cart was first mentioned here by the way in case anyone wanted to know.

http://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Bohemian_Archive_in_Japanese_Red/Kaguya

(as a random aside, the 2nd Eientei expedition in Inaba was also foreshadowed in PMiSS)

« Reply #99 on: April 07, 2016, 08:28:16 AM »
Well yeah, she leaves the Bamboo forest, but it is pretty rare. She was also seen in the Human Village in Hopeless Masquerade.

« Reply #100 on: April 25, 2016, 03:02:42 PM »
this is ok tbh

« Reply #101 on: April 25, 2016, 06:59:57 PM »
I would honestly love Kaguya to be playable.

But I doubt that would happen. Plus I don't have a PS4 either.

« Reply #102 on: May 01, 2016, 12:31:52 PM »
PS4 Port of ULiL will be available for play at Play!Doujin's booth at Reitaisai 13
http://blog.livedoor.jp/tohomemory/archives/47465647.html

From Tasofro's diary entry, it's apparently a demo with only Reimu and Marisa being playable. The full release will probably be later in future cons.

Meanwhile, Tasofro won't have any new item to show on their booth.

« Reply #103 on: May 08, 2016, 04:30:40 AM »
Ummm guys......

REISEN CONFIRMED Y'ALL

« Reply #104 on: May 08, 2016, 04:46:09 AM »
Ummm guys......

REISEN CONFIRMED Y'ALL
So a few more characters and we'll probably be looking at an expansion to ULiL, similar to what Hisoutensoku was to SWR. Now for the waiting game...

« Reply #105 on: May 08, 2016, 04:48:54 AM »
So a few more characters and we'll probably be looking at an expansion to ULiL, similar to what Hisoutensoku was to SWR. Now for the waiting game...

I hope so. It would be LAME and BORING if it was just Reisen. She literally has no personality.
My old avatars: Old ass turtle, Unzan - Second and Current Avatar by the talented Aoshi-shi

nyttyn

• Drill baby drill!
« Reply #106 on: May 08, 2016, 04:54:55 AM »
I hope so. It would be LAME and BORING if it was just Reisen. She literally has no personality.

She has plenty personality but it'd be lame for another reason: Reisen's got a load of screen time recently and a playable slot, and it's just kinda lame she's getting the slot here.

Not that I don't like her but it'd be cool if someone who wasn't in the spotlight recently got a chance, or at least someone who hasn't been playable before.

« Reply #107 on: May 08, 2016, 04:57:24 AM »
She has plenty personality
No, her personality is literally just "Her personality changes in different situations."

She's pretty boring.

ToyoRai

• Head But No Tail
  • I am still here. Sometimes.
« Reply #108 on: May 08, 2016, 05:01:25 AM »
Disappointed that it is the plain summer suit Reisen. Seriously, the winter suit Reisen is several times better.

cuc

• Probably won't respond 'til this mess is sorted o?
« Reply #109 on: May 08, 2016, 05:02:59 AM »
Ah, so Reisen comes here to tie up the Occult Ball plot.

At the very best Tasofro will release everything new to the PS4 version in a PC update, but that's honestly not generally how they do new version-exclusive features in Japan, especially if they are in Sony's pay. If they eventually make a full expansion pack or sequel down the line, Reisen is also guaranteed to be in it.

At the very worst, ULiL for PS4 will be the last Touhou fighting game in a while, and Reisen will stay a PS4 exclusive. This is not impossible - in the Strange Creator interview, Unabara said he had finally accomplished his goal in fighting game design with ULiL, and he may do something different next.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2016, 05:45:02 AM by cuc »
Touhou Fantasy News: twitter

Critz

• Heartwarming ★ Miracle
« Reply #110 on: May 08, 2016, 05:03:06 AM »
No, her personality is literally just "Her personality changes in different situations."
Did you miss her entire development of being tainted by life and changing her outlook on life from looking down on earthlings (eg. laughing off Remi's rocket) to being one of them? Her impersonal and critical approach to her mission in LoLK was pretty good as well.

More importantly, much as I love Reisen, she took a potential spot from a character that has to yet appear in a fighting game. What the hell is Tasofro thinking?

« Reply #111 on: May 08, 2016, 05:03:59 AM »
Disappointed that it is the plain summer suit Reisen. Seriously, the winter suit Reisen is several times better.

Karate Gi Reisen tops both

nyttyn

• Drill baby drill!
« Reply #112 on: May 08, 2016, 05:06:56 AM »
What the hell is Tasofro thinking?

That question's pretty easy to answer. They're a lot more likely to pander to the crowd than ZUN is (See; trying to get Momiji as an assist for Aya, booby byakuren), and Reisen's pretty popular.

cuc

• Probably won't respond 'til this mess is sorted o?
« Reply #113 on: May 08, 2016, 05:10:38 AM »
Criticism is fine. But your personal dislike of Reisen is not quite the solid premise for criticism :-).

ZUN needing to push forward the long-running Occult Ball plot is a reasonable cause. I doubt it will be resolved even in this new Reisen campaign.
Touhou Fantasy News: twitter

« Reply #114 on: May 08, 2016, 05:13:22 AM »
How do we know that Tasofro were the ones who decided to have Reisen be the new character? (I don't doubt that they were the ones who decided, thou.)

« Reply #115 on: May 08, 2016, 05:16:30 AM »
That question's pretty easy to answer. They're a lot more likely to pander to the crowd than ZUN is (See; trying to get Momiji as an assist for Aya, booby byakuren), and Reisen's pretty popular.

Problem is that ZUN's the one that want to put Reisen in, to link ULiL with LoLK.

He was asked "Why Reisen? She has been in previous games.", to which ZUN replied it was for story reason, making this an exception.

Call it pandering or what, but we know how much ZUN usually put the fans when he do his thing.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2016, 05:19:21 AM by monhan »

ToyoRai

• Head But No Tail
« Reply #116 on: May 08, 2016, 05:20:54 AM »

Man, her gun looks less like a raygun and more like a megaphone now.

Leon゠Helsing

• 0 - The Fool
  • Pave your own path
« Reply #117 on: May 08, 2016, 05:26:15 AM »
Making Reisen PS4-exclusive would most likely splinter the playerbase, so I hope Tasofro keeps this in mind and make Reisen a timed exclusive at most.

« Reply #118 on: May 08, 2016, 05:27:55 AM »
Making Reisen PS4-exclusive would most likely splinter the playerbase, so I hope Tasofro keeps this in mind and make Reisen a timed exclusive at most.

What? No, that would make it WORSE.

ToyoRai

• Head But No Tail
« Reply #119 on: May 08, 2016, 05:33:22 AM »
So on more important matters, what kind of urban legend Reisen could even have?