Author Topic: ZUN announces PS4 version of Touhou 14.5 ULiL  (Read 207520 times)

Re: ZUN announces PS4 version of Touhou 14.5 ULiL
« Reply #360 on: December 11, 2016, 01:35:27 AM »
Ending TL summary~.
Spoiler:
Despite Mokou's obvious advantage in endurance matches, Reisen manages to win, because Mokou poofs back into Reimu. Reimu's sore all over and understandably frazzled, but Reisen explains what happened.
Spoiler:
Reisen reports to Eirin, assuming that the incident is more Lunar Capital stuff that her master will safely take care of for her. But Eirin, to Reisen's shock, says that she has no idea what it could be; it's solely Gensokyo's problem, so the Earth residents should be the ones to investigate. Just as Reisen told Miko and Byakuren, Eientei always takes a neutral position-- but Reisen herself feels motivated to go out and deal with the incident, proving yet again that she's well and truly become a rabbit of the Earth.

Then the credits roll...

...and what I assume to be
Spoiler:
''Distortion of Appearances ~ Horrible Night''
starts playing.

Quote from: Epilogue
Spoiler:
---Then, just after she started to investigate.
Events similar to Reimu and Mokou's experience started happening one after another.
Humans would suddenly appear, seeming to have teleported. And other humans would disappear at the same time.
According to the humans who experienced it, it seemed as if someone had taken over control of their body.
But to outside observers it looked less like mind control, and more like people were switching places, body and all.
In a rather troublesome turn of events, everyone began to get used to this abnormal situation.
Some people even took advantage of it, saying that they could use the phenomenon to visit their favorite places whenever they wanted. This was one of Gensokyo's bad habits.

And at the time...
Nobody had the slightest inkling that this incident
would unfold into an absolutely horrible conflict.

Also,
Spoiler:
Distortion of Appearances is apparently a U2 arrangement of something ZUN originally composed. ...my gut feeling is it's gonna be the touhou 16 title theeeeme

game2011

• mineiptXD
    • Supreme ??asual Dating Verified Women
« Reply #361 on: December 11, 2016, 04:17:14 AM »
I guess
Spoiler:
the epilogue is foreshadowing the next game's plot.
Spoiler:

« Reply #362 on: December 11, 2016, 05:02:04 AM »
Spoiler:
Phantasmagoria?!? Maribel?!? Mima????

So it seems like Reisen might be playable in the next game too. iiiiiiinteresting.

I'm also wondering if this means we'll be getting a team system, since switching places with another human sort of seems to imply that.
My name is Tres. It sounds like "Tray". Tressert is "Tray-zurt"; like Tres dessert.
I've cleared every touhou game on Lunatic, and beaten every extra except SoEW.
NMNB: MoF Hard, SA Extra, UFO Extra

Drake

« Reply #363 on: December 11, 2016, 07:30:28 AM »
i like this theme of zun abusing convenient writing powers in the fighting games to segue into the next shooting game

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Shadowlupus

• Crimson Blade Hidden Amidst the Darkness
« Reply #364 on: December 11, 2016, 08:50:20 AM »
Well, looks like Sequel Hook is now the recurring theme in Touhou

Obligatory Mima might or might not return in Touhou X. Find out in Touhou (X-1)!

ninryu

• Ordinary Magician
  • Magus Night
« Reply #365 on: December 11, 2016, 12:59:05 PM »
Remember the days the Touhou games were mostly stand-alone stories about very old supernatural beings getting bored and goofing around? Well screw that, Gensoukyou almost got destroyed in like three games in a row.

« Reply #366 on: December 11, 2016, 05:22:40 PM »
Kinda cute how they use score items and fairies as training partners in the tutorial.

Screenshots taken from this video.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2016, 09:35:21 PM by CrystalCreation »

« Reply #367 on: December 11, 2016, 11:21:36 PM »
Awwwww, poor fairy, you can just tell from her face in the last image that she doesn't wanna be there  :(

Raymoo is such a bully.
My old avatars: Old ass turtle, Unzan - Second and Current Avatar by the talented Aoshi-shi

« Reply #368 on: December 12, 2016, 06:46:18 PM »
Greatly appreciate all the transcripts, summaries and translations.

Any chance we'll get the full ending translated eventually? Not sure if with the whole posting endings being a taboo thing people would be willing to translate and post it but it's kind of a shame non-japanese speakers like myself have no way to actually know what is happening this time around so I'm looking forward to any development.

« Reply #369 on: December 15, 2016, 01:27:59 AM »
If anyone else still cares: I got a translation from Touhou Patch Center and the epilogue that was translated here earlier and made it into a video. Hope it's alright to post for the people who don't speak japanese.
https://youtu.be/o31BlspeYwM

Jeremie

• MoonScraper
« Reply #370 on: December 15, 2016, 02:49:28 AM »
If anyone else still cares: I got a translation from Touhou Patch Center and the epilogue that was translated here earlier and made it into a video. Hope it's alright to post for the people who don't speak japanese.
https://youtu.be/o31BlspeYwM

Thanks. ~ I know it's been mentioned before but the whole
Spoiler:
neutrality
thing leaves me wondering about a few things. Isn't that contradicting some established things about the folks in Eientei? I remember a dialogue bit where Eirin says that they're residents of Earth now and various elements that seemed to establish that as a fact.  Then again, I wouldn't be surprised if
Spoiler:
Eirin already knew what Reisen had in mind anyway and acted accordingly
. Granted, she gets punished in a chapter of FS but she was involved in some older events and she was just fine.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2016, 06:32:14 AM by Jeremie »
It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by Rumia.

Chill Observer

• Aimless fanatic
  • haHAA
« Reply #371 on: December 15, 2016, 12:35:51 PM »
It's not really "taboo" to post ending stuff anymore. Just make sure to spoiler mark them.

Seems like it's pretty interesting stuff from what I've been hearing, though.
Retired Touhou player. Not involved with anything Touhou anymore.

UTW

« Reply #372 on: December 17, 2016, 04:24:40 PM »
So what should 億万劫の鐘 and 狂相貌の狂い ~ Horrible Night be translated as? For the wiki. I've seen Distortion of Appearances upthread and Bell of a Billion Kalpas, with some idea of my own of what it is,  but I'm no translator.

« Reply #373 on: December 19, 2016, 09:24:58 PM »
ive heard that zun said there would be a "previously existing returning character"

is this true?

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #374 on: December 19, 2016, 09:53:52 PM »
Are you thinking of 15.5? It's very confirmed at this point that the only new 14.5 character for the ps4 release is Reisen. For 15.5, it's reasonable to expect at least one character that isn't new, but wasn't in HM/ULiL.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

« Reply #375 on: January 13, 2017, 03:59:22 AM »
is it bad that im still hopeful for the slim chance that we get a patch for the pc ULiL?

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #376 on: January 13, 2017, 02:45:16 PM »
There could be another balance patch, but they've pretty much explicitly said in interviews they're not adding the new content to it. There's not really a "slim chance" at this point.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

« Reply #377 on: January 13, 2017, 10:05:52 PM »
Wasn't it confirmed that they were working on a "1.40" patch for the PC game? It could be the one to port all the new content back. Maybe. Hopefully.

Spoiler:
I just really want to fight EX-Sumireko.

Leon゠Helsing

• 0 - The Fool
  • Pave your own path
« Reply #378 on: January 14, 2017, 12:08:48 AM »
Spoiler:
I just really want to fight EX-Sumireko.
What, no love for Gold SolEX-Mokou? :V

Drake

« Reply #379 on: January 14, 2017, 05:29:06 AM »
Wasn't it confirmed that they were working on a "1.40" patch for the PC game? It could be the one to port all the new content back. Maybe. Hopefully.
It was said within like 30 seconds of each other during the Play,Doujin year-end party that they were planning 1.40 and also that there were no plans to add Reisen, hence no Extra.

« Reply #380 on: January 14, 2017, 05:47:34 PM »
It was said within like 30 seconds of each other during the Play,Doujin year-end party that they were planning 1.40 and also that there were no plans to add Reisen, hence no Extra.

There goes that, then. Sucks.

Critz

• Heartwarming ★ Miracle
« Reply #381 on: January 14, 2017, 07:47:55 PM »
You sure? I mean, a balance patch is pointless with AoCF around the corner and I'm pretty certain it wouldn't take them this long. Not to mention the logic behind making a preview of new content and said new content proper on two different platforms.

I was planning a local tournament as a sendoff for ULiL once Reisen hits the PC version, so I'm kinda hopeful there.  :V

« Reply #382 on: January 14, 2017, 09:54:37 PM »
Why restrict PC players from Extra content? It was the PC players who funded all the games, right? I don't see any reason at all.

N-Forza

• Information Superhighway Robbery
  • I said it was a steal, but not for whom
« Reply #383 on: January 15, 2017, 04:46:57 AM »
First off, game devs don't owe you anything. They already provided you with a game after you purchased it. Whether or not it includes free DLC afterwards is entirely at their discretion.

Secondly, believe it or not, developing for PCs and PS4s are fairly different, and it would be pretty tough for a small outfit like Tasofro to modify the extra content back to the PC. And if they're already working on the next PC game on top of that, that makes it all the more pointless for them to add a relatively minor feature (as a free patch, at that). I would even bet money that Reisen will be in that next game anyway. So either buy a PS4 and import the game (which is surprisingly painless) or suck it up and wait.

Drake

« Reply #384 on: January 15, 2017, 10:57:43 AM »
They've already said Reisen will be in AoCF, so you'd win that bet.

To think of it as "PC players gave you money for a product and now you owe them more than the product" is frankly a horrible mentality. Using the language "restrict players from content" and "funding" (as though buying a game = funding) is also loaded as balls and I would call both invalid statements. On top of that it's splitting the consumerbase into "PC player" and "PS4 player" which is not actually a thing.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2017, 11:00:50 AM by Drake »

Critz

• Heartwarming ★ Miracle
« Reply #385 on: January 16, 2017, 02:09:51 AM »
Easy. I just wanted people's opinion at how likely it is to have the content ported. If they won't do this, I don't care either way. For all the ZUN's talk about how offensive the new story will be, there's nothing new about Reisen's character at all and only some AoCF teasing, so it might well be treated as fanon. And unlike 12.3, Reisen's pretty bad, so it's more akin to the Meiling patch to IaMP than anything. I'll just suck it up and hold on with the tourney till AoCF, since consoles are too absurdly expensive in Eastern Europe to gather players here.  :V

Honestly, if anyone has the ground to be incensed, it's the people who actually bought the port just before the AoCF announcement. Somehow, I don't think they try their luck with another port in the future and I don't trust them enough to buy another one myself.

Drake

« Reply #386 on: January 16, 2017, 03:51:29 AM »
Easy. I just wanted people's opinion at how likely it is to have the content ported.
We were criticizing SonicLion, not so much yours.