Author Topic: ZUN announces PS4 version of Touhou 14.5 ULiL  (Read 207533 times)

Re: ZUN announces PS4 version of Touhou 14.5 ULiL
« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2016, 10:42:59 AM »
And here I thought that Marisa just had the speech patterns of an ol' regular southern cowgirl ya'll  :3

Cowgirl Marisa is best Marisa!

Leon゠Helsing

• 0 - The Fool
  • Pave your own path
« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2016, 11:12:09 AM »
I just hope the new content won't end up like Astebreed did and remain exclusive there, rendering the original PC release gimped.

Prime32

• Munch-Munch Demon
« Reply #32 on: February 28, 2016, 04:02:19 PM »
And here I thought that Marisa just had the speech patterns of an ol' regular southern cowgirl ya'll  :3

Cowgirl Marisa is best Marisa!
Climbed her way up from humble origins and proud of it, friends with everyone in town, likes her things big and flashy even when it grants no actual benefit, has fine taste in hats... Yeah, I never saw "Cowgirl Marisa" as a bad thing. :V

Maple

• Mukyuu!
« Reply #33 on: February 28, 2016, 08:24:12 PM »
Cowgirl Marisa
It is weird if the first thing that came to mind was either cow kemonomimi Marisa or cow kemono/furry Marisa?

Anyway, it's time to make our outrageous and unrealistic bets on what we'll find in the game. Pick one or more:
  • New playable characters (and related, like respective abilities/theme/stages)
  • New character skills cards
  • New character spell cards
  • New mystery spots
  • New music for already-there characters
  • Brand-new gameplay mechanic
  • The smartest enemy AI you never wished to see.
  • Obligatory Mima
Add your own.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2016, 10:23:24 PM by Maple »

PK

• Border of Whatever
« Reply #34 on: February 28, 2016, 10:29:31 PM »
ZUN goes meta and makes Rumia playable with ex-Rumia as her materialized urban legend :V

Critz

• Heartwarming ★ Miracle
« Reply #35 on: February 29, 2016, 01:10:21 AM »
I'd pretty much rule out the idea that Touhou is going to become console-exclusive, now or ever. Not only it would be very unlike ZUN to turn on his current fanbase and cut them off the future canon just to make money on the small fraction that is willing to buy PS4 for his games, but it would be poor business sense as well. This is the man who doesn't even entertain the thought of Touhou getting a potential official anime, regardless of how much money that would make for him.

Now, something like delaying the release between platforms like, say, Iowa in Kantai Kollection would be more plausible.

« Reply #36 on: February 29, 2016, 02:33:17 AM »
New playable characters

This is the bet I'll make. It's going to be one of the following: Clownpiece (because memes), Nue (because urban legends) or Raiko (because outside world). It's been only one year since ULiL released, so I doubt it's going to be a whole lot more than that.

« Reply #37 on: February 29, 2016, 05:02:12 AM »
Nue had a chapter in FS about how she was feeling left out from ULiL. She even got her own urban legend associated with her. I think that makes it pretty unlikely that she'll show up though. If there's a new character, I'd imagine it'd be someone totally unrelated, like Mokou and Shinmyoumaru were.

Plubio

• 宇宙少年
    • Suzunaan
« Reply #38 on: February 29, 2016, 05:09:55 AM »
Nue had a chapter in FS about how she was feeling left out from ULiL. She even got her own urban legend associated with her. I think that makes it pretty unlikely that she'll show up though.

Aaaaand I still don't know why ZUN left Nue out of the game.
She's literally an urban legend herself.

« Reply #39 on: February 29, 2016, 04:08:30 PM »
Wish for Kaguya, Reisen, Tewi :D Maybe throw in more chireiden casts since they barely got any screen time at all. Orin is one the few stage 5 boss that's not made playable yet.

« Reply #40 on: February 29, 2016, 07:52:39 PM »
This is interesting. It's happening in baby steps, but we've now got one Touhou game released on an english site, one doujin game released for PS4 getting localised and an official Touhou game preparing to get ported. It's a short step from there to an actual official English localisation. Which may not happen, but from what I understand the obstacle preventing mainline Touhou games from getting localised is really just that ZUN would prefer to work on something new that go through the old things with external partners. That may not be such an issue for Tasofro. Of course, if the issue really is with localisation itself then it's a moot point.

Idiotic character speculation follows, feel free to ignore:

I'm fairly sure the characters that go into the game go in for gameplay reasons, not story reasons - the scenario is then written from that base. There's also the drive to provide characters from a broad section of the series, particularly the current era and specifically characters that haven't been included in previous fighting games. IaMP and SWR came with the first windows trilogy, so as Hopeless Masquerade was a fresh start as far as sprites were concerned it contained a broad sample of characters from the more recent games in the series - one from MOF, one from SA, two from UFO, three from TD. That's why you had characters like Nitori and Koishi in the mix, they represented the modern Touhou era and hadn't shown up in the fighting games previously. ULiL just expanded the range of games that were being drawn from, adding in one character from the most recent game and one from the game (excluding PoFV as a competitive game itself) prior to Mountain of Faith.

If adding characters is what they're doing (and that's pure speculation at this point), I'd anticipate a Legacy of Lunatic Kingdom character, maybe an extra one from Double Dealing Character and maybe even one from Perfect Cherry Blossom if they're working backwards as well. I'm not sure who they could add from PCB though unless it was a character who'd already appeared in a fighting game, all the cool characters were in IaMP. If there's that the most recent trilogy is about though, it's reconciling the characters and settings of the earlier windows games with the gameplay of the more recent ones. So it wouldn't be completely out there.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #41 on: February 29, 2016, 08:44:43 PM »
I will buy a PS4 the moment this is announced available outside of Japan. I hope nothing goes horribly wrong, but I'm optimistic.
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

« Reply #42 on: March 01, 2016, 01:21:51 AM »
Sagume would actually be an incredibly interesting choice, since she's both from LoLK and deeply connected to the plot of ULiL. She could stand in as an Extra boss of sorts, confronted later in a separate story mode.

That's a huge longshot though. And frankly meeting her at all would require major plot events.

« Reply #43 on: March 02, 2016, 05:19:49 PM »
Come on we all know that this will be the great return of Mima; seriously I think there is a chance because having ULiL already is storyline that with an additional character may need to be rewrote and being only semi-Canon, Zun may make her one of those Vs mode only characters without the need of fit her in the Windows storyline that if I remember well was the main problem with Mima

« Reply #44 on: March 02, 2016, 08:50:40 PM »
It's a bit sad what being a Mima fan apparently does to your mind.

PK

• Border of Whatever
« Reply #45 on: March 02, 2016, 11:03:15 PM »
I suppose anyone before LoLK qualifies to be added considering that many of the cast only followed their interests and didn't even meet Sumireko, but if i had to expect someone, it's Kaguya or Wriggle, since they are in the same "scrapped from Hisoutensoku" boat as Mokou and Nitori. Maybe Ran if ZUN really wants to throw the Yakumo as overseers without re-using Yukari (and finally showing Ran doing something :V), or Yuugi since she really seems to be done for a fighter.

Chirumiru-chan

• Destitute shrine maiden
  • Yukkuri shiteitte ne!
    • Megagaga
« Reply #46 on: March 02, 2016, 11:46:46 PM »
Eep! Will this have a US translation? I'm so happy rn! Will DDC finally get translated too?

What will it be rated?
⑨-chan
1cc: PoDD Rikako (Easy), PoDD Marisa (Easy), LLS Reimu (Easy)

DeityDiz93

• Arahitogami of Contribution
  • Geez, Touhou and real life are set to hard mode...
« Reply #47 on: March 10, 2016, 06:40:25 AM »
Ah well, I'm open-minded about this myself as, I didn't expect Touhou to continue to be relevant on the  PS4 for awhile, so this really did tell me otherwise. Touhou does seem to be growing and getting its feet wet with new things as of recent, so I'm honestly okay as I know that when these things get announced that they're in good hands.

I'm curious to see where it will go when it's released, but it's definitely quite the news, and I'm looking hoping more updates on this. I wish them the best in their effects to bring Touhou 14.5 ULiL to the PS4. ^^
I'm a decade-old Touhou Project fan. I heavily advocate for what's obscure and less popular in this series such as the PC-98 era, not-often-heard ZUN music, and the much of unpopular/unused characters.

cuc

• Probably won't respond 'til this mess is sorted o?
« Reply #48 on: March 24, 2016, 10:13:26 AM »
March's Nikenme Radio show has come and gone, giving us little new info about Touhou. Instead, I'm posting more details from the February announcement.

1) ZUN said ULiL PS4 has plenty of work that only he can do, and it is a special game in every sense of the word. Well, that's not exactly saying much.

2) The language he used about voice acting was so severe it's funny. "Adding voices would be a huge disappointment. I'll do my best to prevent it." Makes me wonder whether he thinks the players have a strong demand for voice acting, or if Sony has been pressing them for that.

3) On new character(s): ZUN said you can't just add random characters to the game. He might add someone who makes people suspect "something has begun."

4) There will be more info on ULiL PS4 at Reitaisai. Also probably at Reitaisai: flyers for Vol. 2 of Strange Creators of Outer World.

5) On manga (hope you've been keeping up): ZUN said the February chapter of Forbidden Scrollery is interesting, and the following March and April chapters of FS, and the next WaHH will all be interesting. We will see some changes in FS's story. He sounded unconfident. Okonogi: "You feeling nervous?" ZUN: "Quite."

6) Okonogi also had an announcement to make: ZUN will have plenty of things to write this year, and by things to write, he didn't mean more CoLA. Considering it's unlikely for ZUN to start a fifth serialization, and it doesn't seem the right time for a third Akyuu's book, this new thing sounds like another book on Gensokyo that's not written by Akyuu. In fact, Unabara reasoned that it might be a new Grimoire of Marisa on the spot, a thought no doubt shared by many fans.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2016, 08:53:12 AM by cuc »
Touhou Fantasy News: twitter

Chirumiru-chan

• Yukkuri shiteitte ne!
    • Megagaga
« Reply #49 on: March 24, 2016, 04:36:45 PM »
March's Nikenme Radio show has come and gone, giving us little new info about Touhou. Instead, I'm posting more details from the February announcement.

1) ZUN said ULiL PS4 has plenty of work that only he can do, and it is a special game in every sense of the word. Well, that's not exactly saying much.

2) The language he used about voice acting was so severe it's funny. "Adding voices would be a huge disappointment. I'll do my best to prevent it." Makes me wonder whether he thinks the players have a strong demand for voice acting, or if Sony has been pressing them for that.

3) On new character(s): ZUN said you can't just add random characters to the game. He might add someone who makes people suspect "something has begun."

4) There will be more info on ULiL PS4 at Reitaisai. Also probably at Reitaisai: flyers for Vol. 2 of Strangers from Outer World.

5) On manga (hope you've been keeping up): ZUN said the February chapter of Forbidden Scrollery is interesting, and the following March and April chapters of FS, and the next WaHH will all be interesting. We will see some changes in FS's story. He sounded unconfident. Okonogi: "You feeling nervous?" ZUN: "Quite."

6) Okonogi also had an announcement to make: ZUN will have plenty of things to write this year, and by things to write, he didn't mean more CoLA. Considering it's unlikely for ZUN to start a fifth serialization, and it doesn't seem the right time for a third Akyuu's book, this new thing sounds like another book on Gensokyo that's not written by Akyuu. In fact, after Okonogi said that, Unabara reasoned that it might be a new Grimoire of Marisa, a thought no doubt shared by many fans.
So no Shinki or Mima? Damn...
⑨-chan

Plubio

• 宇宙少年
    • Suzunaan
« Reply #50 on: March 24, 2016, 11:16:48 PM »
I'm kinda hyped right now. Wondering if he's finally going to add new characters to ULiL's roster. And what about that new book...?
(I wish he's still preparing a new Hifuu club CD for Reitaisai)

Chirumiru-chan

• Yukkuri shiteitte ne!
    • Megagaga
« Reply #51 on: March 24, 2016, 11:22:16 PM »
I'm kinda hyped right now. Wondering if he's finally going to add new characters to ULiL's roster. And what about that new book...?
(I wish he's still preparing a new Hifuu club CD for Reitaisai)
Sadly there will be no Shinki as she has nothing to do with the game. What about Rin Satsuki? Nah, she won't work...
YUKARI PLEASE BE PLAYABLE
⑨-chan

jorjorbinks

• Can you guess my sister?
« Reply #52 on: March 25, 2016, 04:18:37 AM »
Woah. A PS4 port alone is great. But... MORE CONTENT!?!?!? I'm dying inside right now.
 :getdown:

« Reply #53 on: March 25, 2016, 04:26:37 AM »
If its Yukari, that would explain why she didn't do anything about this incident. Because she was do busy solving this incident.

Or, it will be Nue.
My old avatars: Old ass turtle, Unzan - Second and Current Avatar by the talented Aoshi-shi

jorjorbinks

« Reply #54 on: March 25, 2016, 04:30:18 AM »
If its Yukari, that would explain why she didn't do anything about this incident. Because she was do busy solving this incident.

Or, it will be Nue.
It's really surprising she didn't do anything with the border and whatnot.
Also, what makes you think it'd be Nue? Just curious. (Oh, the possibilities are overwhelming)

« Reply #55 on: March 25, 2016, 04:45:35 AM »
Because Nue is Mamizou's best pal and Mamizou is kind of important to all of the religious shit.

Also i belief the canonical reason why Yukari did jackshit was because she felt that she didn't need to do anything about it. Which is true, because Reimu solved it handily.
But on the other hand its lazy writing that she didn't seem to have any reaction at all considering she cares about the border. Guess she's just a hypocrite on top of her being a abusive parent.
My old avatars: Old ass turtle, Unzan - Second and Current Avatar by the talented Aoshi-shi

jorjorbinks

« Reply #56 on: March 25, 2016, 05:31:39 AM »
Because Nue is Mamizou's best pal and Mamizou is kind of important to all of the religious shit.

Also i belief the canonical reason why Yukari did jackshit was because she felt that she didn't need to do anything about it. Which is true, because Reimu solved it handily.
But on the other hand its lazy writing that she didn't seem to have any reaction at all considering she cares about the border. Guess she's just a hypocrite on top of her being a abusive parent.
I keep forgetting those two are buddies  :derp:
Also, I can see Yukari just spectating onto the whole thing. Dang hypocrites.

Plubio

• 宇宙少年
    • Suzunaan
« Reply #57 on: March 25, 2016, 08:06:02 PM »
Keep in mind that Nue is an urban legend herself. Although she did take part in the urban legends incident (two Forbidden Scrollery chapters).
I hope to see Sagume and Yukari ? Sagume's self-explanatory, and Yukari.... well, I think she's the one behind all this human village affair that's currently going on in Forbidden.

Let's see tho, nothing is fully confirmed yet.

« Reply #58 on: March 25, 2016, 09:34:49 PM »
I want a Sagume TLB route.  That would be pretty sweet!

game2011

• mineiptXD
    • Supreme ??asual Dating Verified Women
« Reply #59 on: March 26, 2016, 05:53:45 AM »
Can we take this as a confirmation that there will indeed be new characters?

Yukari likely has as low chance at being playable again, since ZUN wants to give priority to those who doesn't have a chance yet.