Author Topic: Reitaisai 13 - 8th May 2016  (Read 41288 times)

Re: Reitaisai 13 - 8th May 2016
« Reply #90 on: May 02, 2016, 02:51:07 AM »
I'm still in for the show at music island O. If my flight is on schedule, I want to join in the dinner. I'm not on a budget :smug:

hungrybookworm

• Shipper On Board
« Reply #91 on: May 02, 2016, 03:38:42 AM »
I can't make either, sorry. I'll be at the orchestra concert tomorrow though, and I'll be helping out at N-Forza's space at reitaisai too (so if any of you come over and wonder why he's suddenly shrunk two feet and grown boobs, nope it's just me). Feel free to come over and chat!

« Reply #92 on: May 02, 2016, 04:57:03 AM »
I shall join you both at the dinner and at the jazz concert. I am not on a specific budget, my aim is to make the most of my stay. ;)
Also, if there is any way to meet ZUN in person and get a selfie, I will put some efforts in it. :D

N-Forza

• Information Superhighway Robbery
  • I said it was a steal, but not for whom
« Reply #93 on: May 02, 2016, 07:11:12 AM »
Okay, added to the list for the concert.

You could probably get a chance to meet ZUN, since he seems pretty receptive to foreigners, but make sure you don't go too late because he rarely sticks around for all that long after selling out.

N-Forza

« Reply #94 on: May 05, 2016, 09:04:00 AM »
Reservations for 5 people at dinner tomorrow have been made for 8:00 PM at a nice place called Minato in Shibuya. We'll meet up in front of the Tsutaya/Starbucks beforehand, starting around 7:20, or whenever I can get off of work. It's 4,000 yen a head (8-course meal with all-you-can-drink plan), so have that much prepared, please.

Please either PM me or contact me on Twitter or Line (nforza26) if anything pops up.

The jazz concert reservations have also been made, but we'll plan for that tomorrow night.

CenturyEgg

• Gentle older sister types are the best!
    • My world cosplay account
« Reply #95 on: May 05, 2016, 11:28:48 AM »
Awesome! I'll bring a little something for dessert to share haha. Cya guys there!

CenturyEgg

« Reply #96 on: May 06, 2016, 01:48:31 PM »
Just a reminder post for the few people meeting tomorrow at akihabara for their Reitaisai catalogs. 12 at akihabara station, electric town exit. See you guys there!

Edit: line id-fasntnig
« Last Edit: May 06, 2016, 03:11:05 PM by CenturyEgg »

N-Forza

« Reply #97 on: May 07, 2016, 04:06:52 AM »
Here's my personal circle list for those interested in other music circles. I also marked out a few other things of interest: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1O9Ftj0Js87-ATUlWwtJKvJv7ZjCo5qckzQSy1v3qTN0/edit?usp=sharing

CenturyEgg

« Reply #98 on: May 08, 2016, 01:05:02 PM »
Annnd Reitaisai 13 is over! I couldn't have asked for a better first experience of Reitaisai. The greatest debt is probably owed to Forza, who took the burden of babysitting us throughout these few days. I cannot thank you enough for the hospitality for the past few days, even weeks before we got to Japan. If you ever find yourself headed to Singapore, do not hesitate to contact me and I hope to extend the same hospitality to you. (No rts here though boooo)

It was great meeting people like Urotsuki, Ellainna, Adrihard, Helepolis, Vyrien and Hungrybookworm. I hope you guys remember this trip fondly and I'd love to travel up to RTS with you guys again should the opportunity present itself.

« Reply #99 on: May 08, 2016, 02:21:34 PM »
The past 3 days have been unbelievable. It has truly been a moment I will treasure for the rest of my life. Forza was an amazing host, and was very patient and helpful every step of the way, even though he had a lot going on. I honestly can't thank him enough for putting up with a clueless foreigner like myself. I'm sorry I didn't properly introduce myself to either Vyrien or Hungrybookworm, but for what its worth, I enjoyed your company all the same.

Touhou is awesome by and large due to the community, and that is exactly what I've come to think of those who I've shared this journey with.

...also, I'm overjoyed with the bounty I acquired today: http://i.imgur.com/jLsWYm7.jpg

« Reply #100 on: May 08, 2016, 06:04:22 PM »
Annnd Reitaisai 13 is over! I couldn't have asked for a better first experience of Reitaisai. The greatest debt is probably owed to Forza, who took the burden of babysitting us throughout these few days. I cannot thank you enough for the hospitality for the past few days, even weeks before we got to Japan. If you ever find yourself headed to Singapore, do not hesitate to contact me and I hope to extend the same hospitality to you. (No rts here though boooo)
The past 3 days have been unbelievable. It has truly been a moment I will treasure for the rest of my life. Forza was an amazing host, and was very patient and helpful every step of the way, even though he had a lot going on. I honestly can't thank him enough for putting up with a clueless foreigner like myself. I'm sorry I didn't properly introduce myself to either Vyrien or Hungrybookworm, but for what its worth, I enjoyed your company all the same.

Touhou is awesome by and large due to the community, and that is exactly what I've come to think of those who I've shared this journey with.

...also, I'm overjoyed with the bounty I acquired today: http://i.imgur.com/jLsWYm7.jpg
Such wonderful times we had, indeed. Thanks a lot to Forza for having been brilliant at leading the MotK Reitaisai Task Force. :)
I hoped I could have met every single one of you, but I think there might be some I have missed. I have been pretty solo on Reitaisai itself, actually, because no Internet access => could not manage to find anyone (except Forza at the Four Corners booth). ::)
Anyway, thank you for having been awesome ! :D

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #101 on: May 11, 2016, 09:16:35 AM »
As expected with Forza you're in good hands. Sounds like you had fun.

I couldn't be part of the dinner because I had already dinner appointment with other people.

On the day of Reitaisai. it was fun to see Vento, Vyrien and Centurian. (All I can remember for now who visited our booth). I tried visiting other booths but time is really annoying limited. Still think Reitaisai should last until 16:30 instead of 15:30. While an hour may sound much of a difference, it actually quite is. Oh well, can't be helped.

N-Forza

« Reply #102 on: May 11, 2016, 09:28:06 AM »
Well, I think they would've allowed the selling part of the event to run a bit longer if they didn't have the other stuff lined up, but even Comiket only runs until 4 so exceptions are uncommon.

Glad everyone had fun at the various events, although give me too much credit. I simply wanted expose others to some of the more obscure things going on as a show of support. It's true the jazz concert might have sold out even if they didn't have 4-5 gaijin in the seats, but just the fact you were there probably meant something to the performers. It was the same reason why I shared my circle list. Ideally, you'd check most everything out ahead of time, but that can be really hard to do with no experience and even a modest grasp of Japanese. One of the cool things about doujin events is making discoveries on the spot, but if it's your first time, you'll be so overwhelmed that you might pass by with it right under your nose. And I have first-hand experience of how exhausting they can be even if you know what you're doing, lol.

« Reply #103 on: May 11, 2016, 11:02:57 AM »
Ideally, you'd check most everything out ahead of time, but that can be really hard to do with no experience and even a modest grasp of Japanese. One of the cool things about doujin events is making discoveries on the spot, but if it's your first time, you'll be so overwhelmed that you might pass by with it right under your nose.
Did someone say my name ? ::)

N-Forza

« Reply #104 on: May 11, 2016, 01:05:11 PM »
lol, I didn't mean to imply you specifically.

hungrybookworm

• Shipper On Board
« Reply #105 on: May 14, 2016, 11:38:30 AM »
Sorry I wasn't really around much. My stomach got pretty bad during the latter half of the trip so I couldn't really be sociable and whatnot. It was fun seeing everyone though! Well, almost everyone, I think lol.

CenturyEgg

« Reply #106 on: May 14, 2016, 03:42:28 PM »
Aye, would have been great if we could hang out more. But ah well, there is always next time!