Author Topic: Reitaisai 13 - 8th May 2016  (Read 41639 times)

CenturyEgg

• Gentle older sister types are the best!
    • My world cosplay account
Reitaisai 13 - 8th May 2016
« on: February 22, 2016, 12:48:28 AM »
For those of us who don't live in Japan, any of you guys have started making plans for a trip to Reitaisai 13? Due to the proximity of golden week, it might be good to start settling accomodations and air tickets soon.

That being said, maiden trip to RTS for me. Open to any meetups post RTS or during RTS itself. I intend to cosplay during RTS.

Con prep discussion I guess?

N-Forza

• Information Superhighway Robbery
  • I said it was a steal, but not for whom
Re: Reitaisai 13 - 8th May 2016
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2016, 01:41:50 AM »
I applied for a circle space as well as Vento, but they won't announce results for a little while yet. I'll probably show up in some capacity at any rate.

CenturyEgg

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2016, 02:46:59 AM »
I applied for a circle space as well as Vento, but they won't announce results for a little while yet. I'll probably show up in some capacity at any rate.

We'll probably meet in person then! I'm friends with Vento irl since we are both from Singapore heh.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2016, 07:34:26 AM »
Better start booking now before March fully kicks in. Golden Week == suffering. Including Shinkansen trips/reservations.

I applied for a circle space as well as Vento,
We'll probably meet in person then! I'm friends with Vento irl since we are both from Singapore heh.
Vento also being at RTS? Oh boy! I get to meet some new MoTK people this year. Hungrybookworm, CenturyEgg, Vento. . .  awesome!

CenturyEgg

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2016, 08:04:23 AM »
Looks like we're gathering enough people for a adventuring party haha. Would it be difficult to find each other in RTS though? I mean, I suppose the fact we are foreigners is pretty obvious but RTS should have its fair share of foreigners right?

I for one nominate Amakasu Barley Tenji's fabulous afro as a beacon for the MoTK gathering

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2016, 09:45:02 AM »
Difficult not. Especially not for you. Vento, Forza and I will be probably inside before the regular crowd, as we will get Circle Entry in order to prepare the booths and such.

So your chance of finding us is by visiting our booths or spot me/Forza roaming (Forza and I shouldn't be hard to spot).

Edit A true gathering would be immense difficult, assuming we need to tend the booth + do sales. So guessing you'll only be able to meet us one-by-one.  :ohdear:

CenturyEgg

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2016, 10:28:32 AM »
Difficult not. Especially not for you. Vento, Forza and I will be probably inside before the regular crowd, as we will get Circle Entry in order to prepare the booths and such.

So your chance of finding us is by visiting our booths or spot me/Forza roaming (Forza and I shouldn't be hard to spot).

Edit A true gathering would be immense difficult, assuming we need to tend the booth + do sales. So guessing you'll only be able to meet us one-by-one.  :ohdear:

No worries man! I'll do my best to look for you guys!

hungrybookworm

• Shipper On Board
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2016, 02:18:09 PM »
I'm a bit harder to spot, being 5'2 and most likely lurking around the doujin novel section, but if you see a short white girl darting around or carrying a mountain of reimari books, come say hi! (My friend can't make it so it'll be a solo trip for me...)

CenturyEgg

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2016, 02:59:41 PM »
Yes! +1 to party. If i remember correctly hungrybookworm is from the UK right? There might be another friend from the UK there as well. If the opportunity arises maybe you can meet and get to know each other haha.

Vyrien

• Your maiden walls
  • ...heheheheh
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2016, 03:13:52 PM »
I'm the other UK friend and yeah I'm going lol
Congregation of Impertinent Drama Queens.

Art threadLivestream | Pixiv

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2016, 05:08:34 PM »
Secret Agent Vyrien,

welcome back.

hungrybookworm

• Shipper On Board
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2016, 06:41:06 PM »
Great we can talk about British things like... the weather.

If any of you haven't booked accommodation yet, make that your top priority! I just bought mine and it took ages to find something decent.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2016, 01:03:06 AM »
I need to sit myself down with Hele and discuss travel plans.

Firestorm29

• Lily White Mage
  • Spring Time is Healing Time~
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2016, 03:53:43 AM »
A note to people in the US, it seems like there's a bit of a price war going on between Detla and American for Japanese flights right now, with Detla offering some discounts for Japanese flights up to early May. A good time to pick up tickets if you're considering.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2016, 08:44:39 AM »
Since I travelled more than half the country I won't be revisiting the same places again randomly though. Have you actually decided you want to go to JP + RTS ?

Edit: Reason I said that is that I only have 7 effective days for my trip this year instead of 12 last year (new job constraints). Assuming I will suffer the first day from being tired + jet lag, I don't think I will be moving much away from Tokyo. I could be actually using Tokyo as a central location and do (half)day trips from there.

Haven't decided myself yet either what I am suppose to do. All I did now was secure my presence for RTS (so I have a hotel from 6th until the morning of 9th (leaving day).
« Last Edit: February 24, 2016, 08:55:15 AM by Helepolis »

Vyrien

• Your maiden walls
  • ...heheheheh
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2016, 09:41:54 AM »
Secret Agent Vyrien,

welcome back.

Good to be home, Agent.

Great we can talk about British things like... the weather.

Don't forget the North/South divide.
Congregation of Impertinent Drama Queens.

Art threadLivestream | Pixiv

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2016, 10:08:21 AM »
Don't forget the North/South divide.
As a fellow lolEuropean, I can mock you two about your silly Brexit.

Or not, because politics at Reitaisai is obviously banned.

CenturyEgg

« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2016, 10:30:22 AM »
Might I be as bold to suggest a meal together haha. Seems we have quite a lively crew here so an international meetup of touhou fans could be really awesome.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2016, 12:33:55 PM »
Might I be as bold to suggest a meal together haha. Seems we have quite a lively crew here so an international meetup of touhou fans could be really awesome.
Possible, but needs to be tightly planned as in specific date + time and everybody needs to be around / able to. I learned from Forza and Warugaki that eating with more than 4 people anywhere is going to be extremely difficult. As in, not many places offer wide tables / spaces for that.

I think firing away dates is best done once we all have our personal plan completed.

N-Forza

• Information Superhighway Robbery
  • I said it was a steal, but not for whom
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2016, 01:05:50 PM »
If we can get a time, place, and head count nailed down, then it's entirely possible we place a reservation somewhere.

hungrybookworm

• Shipper On Board
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2016, 02:50:11 PM »
Some of the people I met last year want to invite me out for food and drinks and stuff, so I might be a bit busy around Reitaisai. But I will be in Tokyo for three weeks or so before then, so if anyone just wants to hang out and chat at the end of April/start of May, then I'd be up for that, even if it's one-on-one. (I also love karaoke cough cough.)

CenturyEgg

« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2016, 09:03:18 AM »
If we can get a time, place, and head count nailed down, then it's entirely possible we place a reservation somewhere.

Sounds like a good idea! Confirm that a little closer to the date i think. I think we'll have to trouble you for a food recommendation though haha.

Some of the people I met last year want to invite me out for food and drinks and stuff, so I might be a bit busy around Reitaisai. But I will be in Tokyo for three weeks or so before then, so if anyone just wants to hang out and chat at the end of April/start of May, then I'd be up for that, even if it's one-on-one. (I also love karaoke cough cough.)

Argh man, I'll be there only from 6th (arrival) to the 11th of May, so unless it is right before RTS that will be abit tricky...

As for free dates, most of the other days will be spent touring around Tokyo at a very leisurely pace for me. I promised to go shopping with a friend after RTS at Shinjuku area but that shouldn't cramp my schedule too much, if at all. After all, one of my main goals for hitting RTS is to meet and get to know other people outside of the usual group I am acquainted with heh.

Edit: Another friend (a photographer) is considering checking out hacostadium, a large cosplay studio, so that will take a full day for photoshoot if we decide to do that. If anyone is interested though, we can definitely hang out together.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2016, 06:35:02 AM by CenturyEgg »

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2016, 12:01:22 PM »
Day before Reitaisai and day before that are possible reserved shenanigans days.

[Y]oukai [J]esus

• "MotK's 1%" (?)
  • Idiot Deity 2013 - 2014 RIP
    • Muh Writings
« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2016, 02:39:36 PM »
Oh shit I didnt know Fastnig was on motk

I assume if you go to RTS with Hele you won't be coming with me this December? Kappa

Hele I wait with bated breath for the next repoman god speed
« Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 02:43:05 PM by [Y]oukai [J]esus »

<Nietz> Anyway, sex toys alone won't come up to 11k.
[18:48] <Warma> There must have been a new depth, where you've sunk as a person. Then you dug through that.

CenturyEgg

« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2016, 04:25:11 PM »
Oh shit I didnt know Fastnig was on motk

I assume if you go to RTS with Hele you won't be coming with me this December? Kappa

Hele I wait with bated breath for the next repoman god speed

I just joined haha. Suppppp.

@ Helepolis The two days before RTS is good for me. I'll arrive in the morning in Japan on the 6th so dinner plans are good for me.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2016, 07:19:52 PM »
I meant more like the 2 days before RTS is for me a reserved day as in I already have plans / am invited.

CenturyEgg

« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2016, 12:40:06 AM »
Ah right, my bad. The usual meetup with warugaki? I'm not really sure how you're going to top the last one though haha, skydiving is pretty hard to beat. As always, looking forward to the repo

« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2016, 09:36:20 AM »
I didn't have plans to go, having just visited in February, but reading this thread is just stoking that fire of mine @__@

How would an Asian person fare in your group? Our weather is very boring to talk about~

Building Touhou over at the Malaysian Touhou Brigade

CenturyEgg

« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2016, 10:04:18 AM »
I didn't have plans to go, having just visited in February, but reading this thread is just stoking that fire of mine @__@

How would an Asian person fare in your group? Our weather is very boring to talk about~

If you are planning a trip please get tickets and accomodations settled asap as mentioned by hungrybookworm earlier. Golden week is not kind.

Plus a few of us are Asian as well haha. How is that a problem?

« Reply #29 on: March 11, 2016, 09:02:59 PM »
Hello! I have read this forum for a long time, but have not joined until now.

I will start working towards my doctorates after this summer, so I've decided to attend Reitaisai 13! I don't speak much Japanese, so I really want to have some fun with some english speaking folks while I'm in Tokyo. I'm interested in karaoke, museums, shopping, dining, drinking, onsens, and practically anything! If any of the MotK members would let me join them, I'll treat the group to a round of sake  :D