Author Topic: Fire Emblem: Fates - More waifu, more husbando, more sales!  (Read 105388 times)

PX

• School Idol?
Re: So, The New Fire Emblem Game Just Released...
« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2016, 01:31:35 AM »
Urrrrgh Poison Strike is such a bullshit mechanic. It's not incredibly difficult to deal with necessarily, it's just irritating. It's so fucking slow to play against.

Also, did I irrevocably fuck myself by picking Mage as my avatar's talent? His second highest stat is magic but he can't use any spells. I'm hoping I can class up into a spellcaster or something. Can I?

Promoting in base class allows you to use tomes

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #31 on: February 24, 2016, 03:03:11 AM »
Arthur is adorable. I sure hope he doesn't die.

Talent determines what you have as an alternative class set if you use a Heart Seal, so yeah.
Promoting in base class allows you to use tomes

Oh okay. Very good. Is Heart Seal just a lateral class change, or is it like a Master Seal?

Edit: Nothing like perfectly clearing a stage and then losing to the boss because I missed with a 91% hit chance. Thanks game, that's totally not a waste of time at all. I look forward to doing that again. It'll be super fun.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2016, 05:17:50 AM by commandercool »
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #32 on: February 24, 2016, 05:59:25 AM »
Oh okay. Very good. Is Heart Seal just a lateral class change, or is it like a Master Seal?
Heart Seals are lateral, you keep your level.

Also you get tomes on promotion in Conquest and staves in Birthright, IIRC.

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

« Reply #33 on: February 24, 2016, 06:30:31 AM »
Can I friend the dark falcon class and give everyone Gale force?

pasu

• what are they talking about!
  • medi for 14.5 never ;_;
« Reply #34 on: February 24, 2016, 10:45:07 AM »
Arthur is adorable. I sure hope he doesn't die.

JUSTICE dammit I want to play Nohr already, all my favourite characters are there  :(

dropping some bathrobes on the castle IDs in the thread~ Mine's at 03199-44746-10708-31184 please no bully :V
edit: I realised its faster to search by castle name than ID, mine's called Kamuiland, I have daikons and sapphires
edit2: Oh dammit, forgot to drop a bathrobe before hitting the arena I'll do it tomorrow
« Last Edit: February 24, 2016, 10:52:25 AM by pasu »

i should probably get to changing my sig but im too lazy

art thread / yukkuri quest thread

Reddyne

• Give me love and money. I have the rest already.
  • Love and money coming from you is what I need.
« Reply #35 on: February 24, 2016, 04:59:28 PM »
Edit: Nothing like perfectly clearing a stage and then losing to the boss because I missed with a 91% hit chance. Thanks game, that's totally not a waste of time at all. I look forward to doing that again. It'll be super fun.
That's Fire Emblem, baby! I quit my hard mode run of Awakening because of Donnel's recruitment stage, but the setup to that was losing Stahl to a chapter boss due to a 4% critical hit chance. Thanks, RNG! While I'm taking the easy route for both Birthright and Conquest, I hope to have the patience for a hard mode run of the Revelations route.

TA-DAAAAAAA! 61 blood donations and counting! 
Best Mile: 5:30
Best 5k: 18:07
Best Marathon: 3:23:16

Jq1790

• Wow I'm back to playing this game.
  • Let's puzzle together again, Karin!
« Reply #36 on: February 24, 2016, 07:31:52 PM »
Since it's an FE thread I figure I'll just post here since the Awakening one is super old and defunct...

Speaking of the RNG being terrible, having an 88% chance hit miss and later an 8% crit proc on me are rather demoralizing.  Only a bit though since I know full well this isthe nature of the beast.

Whenever I play Birthright/Conquest/Revelations it shoud be fun dealing with yet MORE of this.
If you're a Pazudora player and aren't on #puzzleandlibrarians, come join us!

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #37 on: February 24, 2016, 07:36:54 PM »
Honestly I haven't usually found the RNG to be that bad in Fire Emblem historically, at least past a point. 60% is basically 0% for the player and 100% for the enemy, but it's incredibly rare that I miss over 90% or get hit or critical hit under 10%. Which makes it even shittier when it happens, granted.

Reddyne

« Reply #38 on: February 24, 2016, 08:27:57 PM »
Honestly I haven't usually found the RNG to be that bad in Fire Emblem historically, at least past a point. 60% is basically 0% for the player and 100% for the enemy, but it's incredibly rare that I miss over 90% or get hit or critical hit under 10%. Which makes it even shittier when it happens, granted.
I think that's my problem. I am a walking example of Murphy's Law and seem to perpetually have the odds working against me.

For those who bought the Birthright and Conquest routes, do you get the chance to download the opposite route once you reach the split? I have a character planned for the Birthright route but have a Conquest cartridge. I'd like to make sure I can go Birthright when the opportunity comes up. The game states I can install the other route at a certain point, but don't really know what to expect.

Hikarin

• 別に意味はない。
  • 本当にメイドですね。。。
« Reply #39 on: February 24, 2016, 10:16:56 PM »
For those who bought the Birthright and Conquest routes, do you get the chance to download the opposite route once you reach the split?

Yes, you can. It looks kind of stupid when you get to that point, but it's clear enough. It has the art for the game you own show up on the bottom screen while you hover over that option, but if you hover over the opposite option it's just an ad for that game. It really breaks immersion. I actually got the other from GameStop as a download code, but it didn't let me input it until after the split (for god knows what reason), so that's the only way I know.

Random edit: I just started Conquest, and I'm on Hard/Classic Chapter 7, with a backup save at the split in case letting Camilla die there made a difference. If it did, I can redo that level.

Random other edit: I just noticed this and I'm dumping it here for any wackos trying out Lunatic/Classic in Conquest, but only you gain experience in Chapter 6. So don't feed kills to anybody except yourself.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2016, 12:52:17 AM by Hikari »

PADherder <3 Updated 8/13/2017!

« Reply #40 on: February 25, 2016, 06:49:01 AM »
Spoiler:
The only reason I'm picking Birthright is because fox

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #41 on: February 25, 2016, 06:55:50 AM »
Hmm I just finished chapter nine, so tomorrow I get to see what all the fuss is about regarding chapter ten. :derp:

I'm investing heavily in Mozu so she better pay off. I see Villager no longer caps at level ten (or did it go up to 20 in Awakening as well?). Almost want to class change her right now but I don't want to lose out on stats in the long run.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2016, 07:05:35 AM by commandercool »

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #42 on: February 25, 2016, 04:18:01 PM »
Ha ha I just lost on chapter ten... on the last turn... and because I missed five attacks in a row with the lowest hit chance being 83%. Fuck me. :colonveeplusalpha:

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #43 on: February 25, 2016, 04:59:09 PM »
Hmm I just finished chapter nine, so tomorrow I get to see what all the fuss is about regarding chapter ten. :derp:

I'm investing heavily in Mozu so she better pay off. I see Villager no longer caps at level ten (or did it go up to 20 in Awakening as well?). Almost want to class change her right now but I don't want to lose out on stats in the long run.
Villager capped at level 30 in Awakening.

Also, my Mozu is hilariously overpowered at this point because I'm just grinding support conversations in Birthright at the moment.

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #44 on: February 25, 2016, 06:30:59 PM »
Cleared chapter ten, but I had to lose Effie and Silas. That sucks, especially since I invested a lot in Effie (and she's just cool) but I'll have to take it.

Reddyne

« Reply #45 on: February 25, 2016, 06:40:32 PM »
Yes, you can. It looks kind of stupid when you get to that point, but it's clear enough. It has the art for the game you own show up on the bottom screen while you hover over that option, but if you hover over the opposite option it's just an ad for that game. It really breaks immersion. I actually got the other from GameStop as a download code, but it didn't let me input it until after the split (for god knows what reason), so that's the only way I know.

Also crazy hard mode leveling shenanigans
OK thanks for the input. It's not the best implemented but this game has its own weirdness to either work around or pretend isn't there. I have most of Saturday to plug into this game, so maybe I'll catch up just a touch.  :fail:

And all this talk about "WOAH this is rough my guys died aaaaaaa" reminds me so much of the Awakening thread. I think I'll be satisfied with going from the easy > normal > sorta tough campaign instead of going KURAZEEE.

Teewee

• In the forest, lazing around...
  • ...building nothing but clay castles.
« Reply #46 on: February 25, 2016, 06:56:51 PM »
Also, did I irrevocably fuck myself by picking Mage as my avatar's talent? His second highest stat is magic but he can't use any spells. I'm hoping I can class up into a spellcaster or something. Can I?

IIRC, this game has dragonstones do damage based off the Magic stat, so it's not a complete waste. :v

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #47 on: February 25, 2016, 07:40:12 PM »
Is it safe to say the combat stats in hard mode are just a lie? I just got killed by 2% enemy critical chances in chapter 11 TWICE. They're actually like 20% and the game is just lying, right?

Harumph.

theshirn

« Reply #48 on: February 25, 2016, 11:49:14 PM »

Villager capped at 30 in Awakening, though the only reason people got to 10 in it was because that was the earliest you could use a Second Seal and unleash Donnel.  It's a normal class in Fates that gets to 20 and can promote, and doesn't even have markedly shitty bases on top of it.  That said, switching her to Archer or one of the Awakening classes is a fun thing to do.

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #49 on: February 25, 2016, 11:54:08 PM »
Yeah, I already promoted her to Weapon Master. Felt that I really had no other choice after Effie died since she was my main source of weapon damage. Looking pretty good so far.

Jq1790

• Wow I'm back to playing this game.
  • Let's puzzle together again, Karin!
« Reply #50 on: February 26, 2016, 12:07:15 AM »
Oh, so I dont keep Donnel as a Villager then?  Nothing else to get besides silly levels of Luck?

EDIT: Made him a Merc from Lv. 11 Villager, and he is now Lv. 3.  I am already seeing why Donnel is so praised.  Holy crap this kid is going to murder everythiiiing unless it uses magic.  (And even then he can probably double most things that do with his 19 speed!)
« Last Edit: February 26, 2016, 12:59:06 AM by Jq1790 »
If you're a Pazudora player and aren't on #puzzleandlibrarians, come join us!

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #51 on: February 26, 2016, 02:12:04 AM »
Oops I married Mozu. Camilla's more my type, but she's also sort of my sister so weird feelings.

Can you actually marry your foster siblings? I see you can get S-Rank relationships with them, but do you actually get married and have a kid? :wat:

theshirn

« Reply #52 on: February 26, 2016, 04:01:56 AM »
Oh, so I dont keep Donnel as a Villager then?  Nothing else to get besides silly levels of Luck?

EDIT: Made him a Merc from Lv. 11 Villager, and he is now Lv. 3.  I am already seeing why Donnel is so praised.  Holy crap this kid is going to murder everythiiiing unless it uses magic.  (And even then he can probably double most things that do with his 19 speed!)
The only argument is if it's worth it to keep him as a Villager until 15 for the Underdog skill (it's not).  In Awakening Villager's bases were punishingly low, so switching to Merc instantly gives him something like 4 strength, 7 speed, and 4 defense.  It's silly.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #53 on: February 26, 2016, 04:51:50 AM »
Is Charlotte the lewdest Fire Emblem character? Her only competitor that I can think of is Tharja, and they're definitely competitive for that honor.

Edit: This is probably a dumb question, but how do you check on the victory condition during a battle?
« Last Edit: February 26, 2016, 04:55:01 AM by commandercool »

« Reply #54 on: February 26, 2016, 05:22:05 AM »
go look at your map and it should say "route enemy" or something like that

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #55 on: February 26, 2016, 05:32:44 AM »
Huh. I guess I just overlooked it because it was right in front of my nose.

Finally got around to updating my 3DS so I can get it online, so here's my castle code:

Blue's House
15792-75608
67512-22095

I've got rubies and meat, come pay me a visit I guess.

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #56 on: February 26, 2016, 05:42:05 AM »
I partnered Corrin with
Spoiler:
Kaze
and oh my god the kids are adorable. Also at chapter 18 and I got everybody in my main party promoted. Getting kids has been an issue because I'm finding that I need an actual party instead of half of one for maps. Conquest/Normal, definitely liking it a lot more than Awakening

« Reply #57 on: February 26, 2016, 07:03:03 AM »
I partnered Corrin with
Spoiler:
Kaze
and oh my god the kids are adorable. Also at chapter 18 and I got everybody in my main party promoted. Getting kids has been an issue because I'm finding that I need an actual party instead of half of one for maps. Conquest/Normal, definitely liking it a lot more than Awakening
with that i can finally say my game is bugged.
Spoiler:
kaze never game me a baby solider and around chapter 15 he just ups and disappears from my unit list

Reddyne

« Reply #58 on: February 26, 2016, 03:42:57 PM »
Just finished chapter 4. The weekend promises to be a lot more fruitful than my busy week has thus far. I really want to like Rinkah and her fantastic abs but I've heard her growths are a mess. Her one level up gave her a single hit point and nothing else. Heck, I really want to finally have a fighter or fighter-esque character that I really enjoy but things don't look good for the time being. It hasn't been since... Geese in Binding Blade that I've made use of one. It may come down CAPTAIN ARTHUR, DEFENDER OF NOHR to SAVE THE DAY.

theshirn

« Reply #59 on: February 26, 2016, 08:39:18 PM »
with that i can finally say my game is bugged.
Spoiler:
kaze never game me a baby solider and around chapter 15 he just ups and disappears from my unit list
Sadly, no.
Spoiler:
On Birthright specifically, Kaze does not give a kid until after chapter 15, and if you don't have an A support with Corrin then he plot dies.  It's really dumb.