Author Topic: [Art] Smash!  (Read 9538 times)

3sg_mw

[Art] Smash!
« on: February 11, 2016, 01:44:10 PM »

Let's start off with a recent drawing of muh waifu
Hi, new guy here! I will be an international student starting his University at the University of Sydney soon, and is looking forward to make some friends in Australia - no idea how the fandom is like there. Also an aspiring doujinka (although family and army constraints has tied me down for the past few years...hope the freedom of overseas study will finally allow me to produce something whole-heartedly!)

recent 1-hour draws: (#深夜の真剣お絵描き60分一本勝負 on twitter)

twitter: https://twitter.com/3SG_MW
pixiv: http://www.pixiv.net/member.php?id=15980032
toranoana: http://www.toranoana.jp/mailorder/article/04/0030/37/47/040030374796.html?circle_new

Anyhow, nice to meet you all!

P.S extreme kishinjou and chireidenfag here
« Last Edit: July 30, 2016, 12:05:14 PM by zairen »

Mеа

• catnapping
  • three dots connect to rectangles
Hey welcome! Pretty cool stuff you have, from what I see with my limited phone capabilities right now. Don't be shy to post as much as you like here since we're kinda lonely atm. So when you say aspiring doujinka, have you already been involved with the scene and circles or whatever? There are more than a couple people around here who have good experience in that area.
Naked expression; purple raspberry flavour

3sg_mw

Released a book last comiket (The book has been reprinted for sale on Toranoana, if anyone is interested *shameless advertisement*), as well as a few collabs here and there. Mostly involved with the Japanese and Korean community though, so tbh I don't know much about the western side of things...orz. Has a release and 1 confirmed collab underway for Reitaisai  and the comikets this year too

My circle is 2/5, made up of me, 罪恋(ざいれん,)and kyoukaya, but as of now we only have one proper doujin under our belt ehehe

Aoshi-shi

• Back at it again in the Land of Origin
  • maior e longinquo reverentia
Cute art style dude, really like your use of colors, too.

What is it about Kishinjou and Chireiden that you like so much (General curiosity, not questioning your tastes :V)?
Art Thread -->
Well gee, I have a Tumblr now.  | Twitter
 What a nice day to complain about mobage!
 |PADherder

pasu

• what are they talking about!
  • medi for 14.5 never ;_;

i should probably get to changing my sig but im too lazy

art thread / yukkuri quest thread

Vyrien

• Your maiden walls
  • ...heheheheh
Where's my dragon god doujin
Congregation of Impertinent Drama Queens.

Art threadLivestream | Pixiv

Bio

• resident walker
I have no idea about the fandom here either.

In all seriousness though, I believe most anime fans you meet (such as in SUAnime and whatever the conglomerate of the Sydney socs are called) will not be completely ignorant of touhou. The amount of 'fans' though? Probably on the medium side. Similarly for artists, only a small portion would have more than a glancing awareness of touhou, and probably even less sell anything more than solo prints. Most artists here I know who like touhou hardly draw it and even more rarely sell it - its a much more niche market for sure.

However with your art right now, I think you could sell decently at a local con, or just get some exposure.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2016, 02:27:42 AM by Bio »

3sg_mw

@v and aki1 pls

Hmm, Chireiden-wise I love how dysfunctional a family they are, music (Hartmann's, 3rd eye and Lullaby are some of the most played casual improvs I do on muh violin when no one's lookin'), and KOISHI.

Kishinjou? Seishin and Sagusei shipper here. Little Princess was the piece I didn't know I have been awaiting from ZUN for years, and the storyline (despite it being just a transition arc for the current ongoing arc) is simple, clean and hits all the right spots...but really, the main draw is definitely SEIJA. SEIJA. SEIJA. I draw Seija really often hehe

CenturyEgg

• Gentle older sister types are the best!
    • My world cosplay account
Cheers to a fresh start! We're rooting for you back here haha.

3sg_mw

thank o/

3sg_mw

Re: [Art] Nervous doujin artist in Sydney looking for people
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2016, 10:57:30 AM »
bump with 3 more 1-hour draws, any touhou artists in Kangarooland here?

Mеа

• catnapping
  • three dots connect to rectangles
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2016, 11:24:37 AM »
Cute Sakuya! and I'm not even a fan of her either.
All you people who color (or draw, I guess) well somehow manage to make thick lines look good and I'm rather stumped.
Or line variation in general, do not gett
Naked expression; purple raspberry flavour

3sg_mw

« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2016, 12:00:11 PM »
There are no set rules for that, but what you can do is: have a tablet with pen pressure (duh), lower max density pressure, make edge hardness 0, lower density of your brush, have 2 lining layers etc

A general rule is to always vary the thickness of your lines I guess, so that it won't look too rigid

Bio

• resident walker
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2016, 08:48:43 PM »
bump with 3 more 1-hour draws, any touhou artists in Kangarooland here?
sorry I draw boats mostly now

3sg_mw

« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2016, 06:22:42 AM »
Joined SUAnime! Do you know the artists' pages? Can't seem to find them anywhere

Bio

• resident walker
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2016, 09:34:39 AM »
I'm not sure what you mean by artists' page, but your best bet for further guidance is to go to one of their weekly art events (from the newsletter it looks like they begin week 2), and scout out any decent artists there. Some of them will probably have more than a passing interest in touhou and/or draw it semi regularly. I can't guarantee any of them will like chireiden as much as you though.

3sg_mw

« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2016, 11:44:59 AM »
I don't need them to be touhou artists; as long as they can draw I guess I am happy enough haha. Will hit their city tour on Sunday and see if I can get to know any artists (and maybe find a violin duet partner, but that is just wishful thinking heh)

have a WIP
« Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 11:47:25 AM by zairen »

3sg_mw

« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2016, 02:57:01 PM »
finished

3sg_mw

« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2016, 03:30:32 AM »
bump with new duwang

Any artists in Sydney, if any!!! (Musicians welcomed too) If you want to make something please come find me orz

3sg_mw

Re: [Art] Reitaisai or Comiket collabs anyone?
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2016, 10:52:12 AM »
Bump and bless sagusei

Uni has been hectic so don't think there is any chance for an independent release for Reitaisai at the very least...anyone up for a collab? Yes this post is an early indicator of laziness

3sg_mw

Re: [Art] L>Reitaisai/Comiket collab partner(s)
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2016, 04:02:25 AM »
bump with new drawing: koishi and a train!

Ragathol

• Cursed
    • Deviantart Gallery
Re: [Art] L>Reitaisai/Comiket collab partner(s)
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2016, 06:08:39 PM »
Lovely pictures here! I love your color usage. I'm sad I don't really have the drive to draw little pieces like these any more.

3sg_mw

Re: [Art] Smash!
« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2016, 12:07:39 PM »

Gonna be selling Touhou prints at Smash. Who's up for meeting during Smash?

Irrelevant: Granblue Fantasy meetup too

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Re: [Art] Smash!
« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2016, 03:56:19 PM »
I like your colors, they are grungy and feel like cloudy days Leads to some interesting contrast in that Utsuho picture, since you'd expect it to be all bright with the glowy bits..