Author Topic: You Know You're Addicted to Touhou When... #9: Phantasm. of Flower View Edition  (Read 125757 times)

Sun

There are touhou haters? I dind't know lol

When you have things like that:
Spoiler:

AzyWng

• "I was a dumb American in a place where dumb Americans were less popular than the clap."
  • "So this was it. My easy retirement."
In the DS game "The World Ends With You", one of the characters is named "Sanae Hanekoma."
Guess who I thought of?

EDIT: I'm not sure if this has been posted before, but, in League of Legends, there's an item called "Youmuu's Ghostblade".
Guess who I thought of?
« Last Edit: August 18, 2016, 03:37:41 AM by AzyWng »

Tribow

• pichuun
When you're tryingg to nake your own bullet hell game and one of the bullet patterns look really similar to one of  Utsuho's spellcards and you've never even got that far in Subterranean Animism.

oh look at that, new gifs
(I apologize if I made you constantly reload)

Neptune

• :D
  • kms
When you dream about buying various Touhou plushes.  :getdown:
i like cute stuff

Chill Observer

• Aimless fanatic
  • haHAA
When you dream about buying various Touhou plushes.  :getdown:
Same here, except I already own a Satori plushie now.  :V

On-topic: When just about all of my playlists consists of Touhou/shmup players I like watching and nearly nothing else.
Retired Touhou player. Not involved with anything Touhou anymore.

for some reason when you started playing nutaku.com's newest release (idol wars) all the characters remind you of some touhou character (fuka yaotome = seija kijin, momona is chen,  sana is eirin, aoi and akane are kogasa, miharu is moukou[the colouring on her ssr card is so fiery! pheonix!] miyu is akyuu, and noa is rumia... i don't understand why!!!)

AzyWng

• "I was a dumb American in a place where dumb Americans were less popular than the clap."
In Bioshock, Infinite, one of the main characters, Elizabeth, is able to create "tears" into other realms. It could be anything as small as "coffee instead of tea", or it could be as big as "a different world entirely".

Guess who I thought of?

MANoBadAssGar Jr.

• look at dat pose, look at dat face
  • GARDORABLE!
In Bioshock, Infinite, one of the main characters, Elizabeth, is able to create "tears" into other realms. It could be anything as small as "coffee instead of tea", or it could be as big as "a different world entirely".

Guess who I thought of?
uh, i cant think of anyone? yeah, coffee bean are smaller than tea leaves?
by "tears" you mean something like "cracks"? Yukari?, Reimu?, Maribel?, Sumireko to certain extent?
only one i can think capable of creating realm/dimension is Shinki
or Doremy if dream worlds count
i know next to nothing about Elizabeth though

Btw, in one video i saw theres a girl which only the bottom half are visible, she wear green skirt and white shoes that made me thought similar to Kasen. Those two pair of legs were just similarly damn yum  :derp:
even though kasen wear red shoes, i guess im just fucked shit up my brain finally after a year.

Hannibal_Kills

• To Hell and Beyond
  • I don't give a damn about rules...

A Hellcat went down the Hell's Highway after the Battle for Caen, "Byou". - Hannibal

spoilers for a manga that reminds me of touhou in so many ways...

when your browsing shoujo manga and you come across this manga called super darling... where the protagonist is an air-like girl named sakuya, who learns of a cherry blossoms tree that is always blooming, which will grant wishes... the curse of the cherry blossom tree is interesting too, if you kinda forsake you wish it decides to kinda devour your sould from existence...

anybody else reminded of touhou characters?

oh! also, the cherry blossom tree is this portal thingy to various points in time. i forgot to metion that...

Goomba98

• Touhou ga daisuki!
This summer I read Agatha Christie's A Murder is Announced. You know, the one with Letita Blacklock and Miss Murgatroyd?

In the DS game "The World Ends With You", one of the characters is named "Sanae Hanekoma."
Guess who I thought of?

EDIT: I'm not sure if this has been posted before, but, in League of Legends, there's an item called "Youmuu's Ghostblade".
Guess who I thought of?
So... is Lux's Final Spark copied too?

At this point I'm fairly certain Riot copied Touhou a bit, or at least took inspiration with these things. Are there more potential copies?

You know you're addicted when you look up in the night sky, spotted the moon, and eventually think of the Lunar Capital or Kaguya Houraisan

You know you're addicted when you look up in the night sky, spotted the moon, and eventually think of the Lunar Capital or Kaguya Houraisan
But was it the real moon?

Hannibal_Kills

• To Hell and Beyond
I think we start a "Would you rather..." game, Touhou-edition.

A Hellcat went down the Hell's Highway after the Battle for Caen, "Byou". - Hannibal

PapilLionesskort

• "Perfectly Immoral Moral Person"
  • Pretty much just lurking innocently
I had a figurative aneurysm over a character who isn't even among my favourites, and I was crushed to find I hadn't been able to take pictures of her gameplay before it was lost forever in the abyss of Nico Nico Douga's premium privileges. At least until a someone provided the spoils.
Write or fight, same thing. You might as well come out swinging either way.<3 Just not too hard, as that's no fun.

AzyWng

I was playing Warframe when I ran into this player named Byakuwan. I asked them about the name but apparently it wasn't touhou-related.

Still, guess who I thought of?

AzyWng

Sorry for the double post but I found something else.

On the Bay12 Forums, in the general discussion section, you should be able to find a thread that is, at the time of this writing, titled "[TURBOAWOO] That one time Inubashiri Momiji committed mass murder (Happy Thread).

It wasn't like this before! What the hell!

Hannibal_Kills

• To Hell and Beyond
You could just edit your last post. In the other hand, I'm waiting for an Arabic Vocal Touhou Remix to appear.

Hope ♦ Metal

• Royal Flares Can't Melt Steel Beams
  • Donald Trump will make waifus real
Sorry for the double post but I found something else.

On the Bay12 Forums, in the general discussion section, you should be able to find a thread that is, at the time of this writing, titled "[TURBOAWOO] That one time Inubashiri Momiji committed mass murder (Happy Thread).

It wasn't like this before! What the hell!
If I didn't go look at that I would have said (and I'm still going to say) it's something that could definitely happen in DF. And what does that even have to do with being "addicted" to Touhou. Like only playing Touhou or actually going into withdrawal if you don't do it enough would make more sense. (I doubt anyone would admit to that if they were actually addicted) Being reminded of Touhou characters when seeing characters from other franchises doesn't really count.

Kaisou

• RuhBAYOMbee
  • YEET!!!! *throws pollen puff*
Like only playing Touhou or actually going into withdrawal if you don't do it enough would make more sense. (I doubt anyone would admit to that if they were actually addicted) Being reminded of Touhou characters when seeing characters from other franchises doesn't really count.
Actually, uh... I... Get very irritable and unstable if I don't listen to Touhou music at least 3 times a day... I yell at people when I don't get my daily dose of Welcome to the Moon Tour or SOUND HOLIC ._.
Hi. Might put something new here but idk.

Actually, uh... I... Get very irritable and unstable if I don't listen to Touhou music at least 3 times a day... I yell at people when I don't get my daily dose of Welcome to the Moon Tour or SOUND HOLIC ._.

I know the feeling...

onetime I had to live away from my home, and I had no computer, I was literally finding some way to put touhou back in my life. I just have to have it there. it's just so relaxing..........

(o˘◡˘o) <---- Me when theres touhou

(╯?益?)╯彡┻━┻   <---- without touhou

See the difference?

also, you know you're addicted to touhou when the only forum you even wanted to sign up for was a touhou one (because you hate socializing.)

and when you touhou characters always find away into your daydreams.... always............. on their own.............. Must be yukari's doing.

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
  • Everything will be daijoubu... hopefully
I visit this site* for some things whenever I'm angry or upset. Lots of it's content is calming and satisfying to read.
*Only the case when I'm not on it for once in a false moon...

...when Sanae messes with the weather.

More accurately, when you're reading through this thread and suddently it starts raining outside.  :V

Goomba98

• Touhou ga daisuki!
I thought it was Tenshi who did that.

Unless that's the temperament of school? In that case I should get ready for a blizzard. (actually that might be one of my teachers :V)

HAPPY CIRNO DAY EVERYONE!
⑨/⑨/
2+0+1+6=
« Last Edit: September 10, 2016, 12:17:21 AM by EPICI »

AzyWng

I'm in my school's debate team.

Earlier last week we were practicing speaking drills, particularly those about projection.

I have a thing where I like to visualize what people are talking about in my head.

When one of the seniors talked about how the judges should be able to hear you even if you're across the room, my mental image was of Kyouko shouting at the judging table.

My first post here, I'm nervous

I got an Alarm Clock App for my Mobile, where you can customize your Alarm Sound. Needless to say it's 100% Touhou Music.

So when CoroCoro revealed the evolution of Rockruff and we learned it had two forms based on version, I immediately decided to make Kagerou jokes about the Moon Version one since it's a werewolf.  Then got more and more serious about it because of having a fairly similar color scheme and red eyes.  And then decided to make sure I'm using a female Rockruff named Kagerou in Moon just so I can complete the joke!

Later, my friend and I decided, because the Sun Version one is a normal wolf to the Moon Version's werewolf, they were Momiji and Kagerou!

Also, I went to my cousin's daughter's first birthday, and it was Minnie Mouse themed.  Including having Micky and Minnie ears for the guests!  I ended up wearing some and joking about Nazrin getting a cute bow for her hair!

Goomba98

• Touhou ga daisuki!
Today in school, someone told me his sister watches the Touhou fanimes. Not sure if he was BSing or not, but still.