Author Topic: You Know You're Addicted to Touhou When... #9: Phantasm. of Flower View Edition  (Read 125328 times)

Chirumiru-chan

• Destitute shrine maiden
  • Yukkuri shiteitte ne!
    • Megagaga
I usually do a flamingo stance in church while we stand up, and I probably started doing it after HM came out (Futo's idle pose).
⑨-chan
1cc: PoDD Rikako (Easy), PoDD Marisa (Easy), LLS Reimu (Easy)

Shadowlupus

• Crimson Blade Hidden Amidst the Darkness
You know someone is addicted to Touhou when they add a 2hu cosplay image to the Korean textbook about learning Japanese.

http://blog.livedoor.jp/tohomemory/archives/47020271.html

TableCloth

• Call of Loli: Waifu Warfare
I suddenly noticed the name 'Marisa' in my old math textbook. It looked very stand out from other 4 random names.

It was supposed to be a random naming, given I didn't even know about Touhou back then, but it feels like a surprising coincidence now that I'm a big fan of Touhou XD

It's also kinda freak me out lol.
Normal 1cc: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC, LoLK, HSiFS
Hard 1cc: MoF, IN, SA, PCB
Lunatic 1cc: MoF, IN

Currently struggling against depression by writing a light novel. Also, stop talking about nazi. The fact that I have Swastika in my name makes me stressed whenever anyone brought up any topic related to nazi and neo-nazi (unless we're talking about history, then I'm up for it). No, I'm not a neo-nazi. Neither are my parents. F**k off.

Hannibal_Kills

• To Hell and Beyond
  • I don't give a damn about rules...
There was this big exam and it was English paper. Then, it wants me to write a short story about how a girl, struggled hardly to get to her school, and asked for a bad end for her. So, I used a Flandre with it,, to abuse her. Here's the simple version of it though.

One day, Flandre walked to school with an umbrella. When it was about to rain, she opened it before strong winds carried the umbrella away. Then, it started to rain heavily and Flandre hurried her steps to school, before a speeding car accidentally splashed water onto her, making her even wetter. When she arrived at her class, she found that no one was there and forgot that it was Sunday, with only the school security guard giving a good laugh at her.

A Hellcat went down the Hell's Highway after the Battle for Caen, "Byou". - Hannibal

Boomer

• Lifeless Energy
  • Attributes and weaknesses are the same.
That security guard is clearly unaware of Flandre's power.  Also, "I hate Sundays!"
I just know what I know...

Lt Colonel Summers

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Do not mess with a soldier
I suddenly noticed the name 'Marisa' in my old math textbook. It looked very stand out from other 4 random names.

It was supposed to be a random naming, given I didn't even know about Touhou back then, but it feels like a surprising coincidence now that I'm a big fan of Touhou XD

It's also kinda freak me out lol.

From what I know, Marissa, with two "s" is a legit American name, just not used very often. The "Marisa" you saw in your textbook could be a typo.
Wouldn't be surprising if there's a person in real life who's actually called Marissa...
There's nothing inscribed on the dog tag...

It's definitely a real name...there was a girl in my class named Marissa when I was in 2nd Grade.  But that was long ago...before Touhou was known about in the West, even.

Marisa and Marissa are both real names.
My name is Tres. It sounds like "Tray". Tressert is "Tray-zurt"; like Tres dessert.
I've cleared every touhou game on Lunatic, and beaten every extra except SoEW.
NMNB: MoF Hard, SA Extra, UFO Extra

TableCloth

• Call of Loli: Waifu Warfare
Actually, it was written 'Marisa' with only one 's' in my textbook. What creep me out is that 3 month later, I became a fan of Touhou.
Normal 1cc: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC, LoLK, HSiFS
Hard 1cc: MoF, IN, SA, PCB
Lunatic 1cc: MoF, IN

Currently struggling against depression by writing a light novel. Also, stop talking about nazi. The fact that I have Swastika in my name makes me stressed whenever anyone brought up any topic related to nazi and neo-nazi (unless we're talking about history, then I'm up for it). No, I'm not a neo-nazi. Neither are my parents. F**k off.

Boomer

• Lifeless Energy
Spring time is finally here and I couldn't stop thinking of Yuuka (because flowers).

Goomba98

• Touhou ga daisuki!
Shouldn't you be thinking of Lily White?

Hannibal_Kills

• To Hell and Beyond
Revisiting and replaying Bookworm Adventures 1 and 2, I must make a parody game with Patchouli as Lex with Touhou characters as companions or better, original as they were. While the enemies and bosses are also as original as before. And since magic is different there, no more Danmaku spam. Hell this is gonna be awesome. If possible, add tons and tons more worth of English words than the original.

A Hellcat went down the Hell's Highway after the Battle for Caen, "Byou". - Hannibal

You know you're addicted to Touhou, when playing RPGs and imagine what kind of roles each of the Touhou characters could fulfill (like Tank, Healer, DPS, Status Effect), and how it integrates with their abilities.

On a more serious note, you know you're addicted to Touhou when in your planned novels, some major characters are directly inspired by Touhou characters. I usually abandon a fandom like Naruto, DBZ for a while and forget it. Touhou? Not happening there.

Boomer

• Lifeless Energy
On a more serious note, you know you're addicted to Touhou when in your planned novels, some major characters are directly inspired by Touhou characters.

Haha, what...?  I don't know what you're talking about...

Haha, what...?  I don't know what you're talking about...
? Ambiguous sentence is ambiguous.
Ok, so I might be exaggerating when I said that last part. I try to give these characters differences to make them separate characters to their original source; whether by flipping the gender, fleshing out their personality, or by creating a backstory. But in the back of my mind, it whispers that it's not enough, that I should start over from scratch. But I like the original characters that inspired mine. What other reason for an author to write than to write what he loves, but with restraint.

ANYWAYS.
You know you're addicted to Touhou when you get bored and go through at least 10 songs in your mind, with Bad Apple being the repeat offender.

Boomer

• Lifeless Energy
When you walk with an umbrella in your hand and you suddenly feel like trying to create gaps.

LawfulInsane

• Lurker and poster
  • PLATES
When you bring an umbrella to school (because it might rain) and feel like Master Sparking people.
I have the tendency to call everything from my side of the world "Eastern" (with the characters in "Touhou", I'm Chinese).

Goomba98

• Touhou ga daisuki!
I want to know if someone has decorated their umbrella to look like Kogasa's.

Chirumiru-chan

• Yukkuri shiteitte ne!
    • Megagaga
In history we had to do a movie pitch about China so I made a slideshow on create.swf that depicts Gengetsu and Mugetsu going to China. Yeah.
We also learned about the Silk Road, and I couldn't stop thinking of "Silk Road Alice".

We're gonna do Japanese history after that. So WISH ME FUCKING LUCK.
⑨-chan

Boomer

• Lifeless Energy
In history we had to do a movie pitch about China

"You're all children compared to 4000 years of history!"
My apologies, I couldn't resist...

LawfulInsane

• Lurker and poster
  • PLATES
I'm Chinese.

That would be normal except for the fact that now I tend to fall asleep in slightly inappropriate situations.

I'd better start checking for knives in my forehead.
I have the tendency to call everything from my side of the world "Eastern" (with the characters in "Touhou", I'm Chinese).

I'm Chinese.

That would be normal except for the fact that now I tend to fall asleep in slightly inappropriate situations.

I'd better start checking for knives in my forehead.

Me too, and I'm in the same boat.  :ohdear: :ohdear:

Boomer

• Lifeless Energy
Yesterday as school, all of my classes were pretty much empty.  We were pretty much given free time because of this.  Time to start analyzing Touhou gameplay and looking up pictures of Flandre (I'm going to draw her later).

Chirumiru-chan

• Yukkuri shiteitte ne!
    • Megagaga
I look up Touhou in free time too.
⑨-chan

Hannibal_Kills

• To Hell and Beyond
Since 2014, Operation Broken Barrier has been running smooth. I smuggled Touhou games to the students and computer labs to gain the attraction to Touhou. We relied on the my or their (Touhou-interested people) pendrives to smuggle it. But we don't sell (Only fanarts, though).

We have company. The teachers decided to launch a mass spot-check operation on the day where every Touhou-interested students brought the pendrives with them. But the prefects were so swift and checked us so fast, we didn't have a plan to react or some sort to save our 'transports'. Then the teacher responsible to launch the sabotaging operation spoke through the speakers:
"There are so many pendrives here. Well too bad you won't see them again, forever!"

Some of my fellow Touhou-fans stated that the fanarts I sold to them were also seized, I was dumbfounded. If I need to continue rising the profile of Touhou in my school, Operation Broken Barrier must continue, but how? For now, the Operation is passive since the frequency of 'patrols' indirectly trying to sabotage my operation are getting higher and higher by the weeks. I could ask them to download it, (which I could) but more than half of of them don't have computer Internet as they solely rely only on the Internet of their handphones.

Chirumiru-chan

• Yukkuri shiteitte ne!
    • Megagaga
I've got people interested in Touhou at school too. My friend Ian played create.swf with me and I let my friend Ryan play IN while I went to do something.
⑨-chan

Boomer

• Lifeless Energy
We have company. The teachers decided to launch a mass spot-check operation on the day where every Touhou-interested students brought the pendrives with them. But the prefects were so swift and checked us so fast, we didn't have a plan to react or some sort to save our 'transports'. Then the teacher responsible to launch the sabotaging operation spoke through the speakers:
"There are so many pendrives here. Well too bad you won't see them again, forever!"

Some of my fellow Touhou-fans stated that the fanarts I sold to them were also seized, I was dumbfounded. If I need to continue rising the profile of Touhou in my school, Operation Broken Barrier must continue, but how? For now, the Operation is passive since the frequency of 'patrols' indirectly trying to sabotage my operation are getting higher and higher by the weeks. I could ask them to download it, (which I could) but more than half of of them don't have computer Internet as they solely rely only on the Internet of their handphones.

Wow... At my school, they don't care if we smuggle games and the like into the computers, just as long as we're still doing what we're supposed to.  Oh well, good luck with your operation.

Chirumiru-chan

• Yukkuri shiteitte ne!
    • Megagaga
Operation: Broken Barrier is continuing at my school, under the name Operation: Shrine Maiden. I'm bringing in all 15 games plus spinoffs, Seihou, and Samidare. I'm also posting Reimu Hakurei posters around hallways, as well as organizing a Touhou club where we can play the games in the computer lab after school. In May, we're also going to play it in the media center. Create.swf is highly respective, and we'll hold viewing parties of my collabs with XShadowKitsune.
⑨-chan

CyberAngel

• Retired

You know you're addicted when Touhou creeps even into your nostalgia.

Anyone else remembers this game, by the way?

Boomer

• Lifeless Energy
Oh my goodness, you just made my day with that screenshot.  That is literally the first fighting game I ever played.
Also, when you constantly think about much you relate to some of the characters during your alone time; I recently realized that I relate quite a bit to Flandre and Satori.