Author Topic: You Know You're Addicted to Touhou When... #9: Phantasm. of Flower View Edition  (Read 125300 times)

Shadowlupus

• Crimson Blade Hidden Amidst the Darkness
You know you are addicted to Touhou when you see Pyonta in this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGP9gYk_kSc&index=5add%20#t=02m38s

Kaisou

• RuhBAYOMbee
  • YEET!!!! *throws pollen puff*
Literally watching this and my reaction was overly hyped up just because Alice was fighting and then ended up being disappointed because it was just a One-Minute Melee. And so now I'm trynna find one of my friends who loves Naruto to assist me in comparing the two. Because I already know Alice. And everyone else I know probably knows Sasori.
Hi. Might put something new here but idk.

Rin Satsuki

• Personification of a mythical creature.
  • "I'm not going to be forgotten that easily"
When you think that every robotic thing that is capable of causing mass-destruction is made by Nitori :V

Goomba98

• Touhou ga daisuki!
It's the first day of Spring but there's still snow on the ground where I live. It's Perfect Cherry Blossom all over again!
In fact, there were some pretty crazy weather swings this whole Winter where I live. Jeez Tenshi, I know Pennsylvania is the Keystone State but you can't just mess with the weather there all willy-nilly!
« Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 01:09:42 AM by Goomba98 »

Spacechurro

• FiteMe;
I will see anything and think "Omg, this is danmaku"
Like i'd be watching an unrelated TV show and I was like "Omg, this is so danmaku"
task FiteMe{
    loop{
          let m = atan2(MyFistY-YourFaceY,MyFistX-YourFaceX);
          Punch01(GetMyX,GetMyY,100,m,REDFIST01,0);
          wait(1);  }     }

AzyWng

• "I was a dumb American in a place where dumb Americans were less popular than the clap."
  • "So this was it. My easy retirement."
I make parallels with every character I like and Touhou characters
For example: Korra and Reimu would be totally cool friends.

I thought I was the only one who did that :P

I was thinking Frank West and Aya would also get along well (or maybe not, given Frank's history with photographic rivals...)

Spacechurro

• FiteMe;
I thought I was the only one who did that :P

I was thinking Frank West and Aya would also get along well (or maybe not, given Frank's history with photographic rivals...)

Even GLaDOS and Yukari would have some cool hangouts.
task FiteMe{
    loop{
          let m = atan2(MyFistY-YourFaceY,MyFistX-YourFaceX);
          Punch01(GetMyX,GetMyY,100,m,REDFIST01,0);
          wait(1);  }     }

So I was playing Pokemon Moon and refighting the Elite 4 for cash, while listening to my Touhou Themed MP3 Player.  When I sent out my Midnight Lycanroc, Kagerou, to mostly sweep Kahili's Flying Types...I decided to be a smart aleck and play Lonesome Werewolf the whole time!

Goomba98

• Touhou ga daisuki!
Speaking of Kahili... I don't know why she reminds me of Tenshi, but she does.
I could also make a whole essay about things in Pokemon that remind me of Touhou, but we'd be here for hours.

AzyWng

• "I was a dumb American in a place where dumb Americans were less popular than the clap."
Max Chen.

I smiled harder than I should have.

Edit: Second incident to avoid a double post.

In English Literature, we've gone over a play called The Importance of Being Earnest. In it, Lady Bracknell mentions that several ladies in England have opted to remain thirty-five for several years.

I was distinctly reminded of the "Yukari is 17" meme.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2017, 06:36:56 PM by AzyWng »

HistoryoftheMoon

You know you're addicted to Touhou when you start seeing danmaku patterns when you close your eyes after an intense play session.

Also, you know you're addicted to Touhou when you manage to 1CC a mostly-unfamiliar game on Normal with less than two days of practice. (Seriously, I'm still in shock that I beat DDC like that.)

You know you are addicted to Touhou when you do so many Touhou-related searchs, that your search engine of choice ends of suggesting random nonsense stuff like this:

...What the hell is this lmfao. :V

HistoryoftheMoon

You know you are addicted to Touhou when you do so many Touhou-related searchs, that your search engine of choice ends of suggesting random nonsense stuff like this:

...What the hell is this lmfao. :V
That is definitely how I feel when I beat a particularly difficult spellcard.

AzyWng

One that's existed since I started the series:

Whenever I've come under heavy fire (dodgeable or not) in any video game (shmup or not), I liken it to Touhou but worse since your hitbox is larger.

When you stare into nature (or even a city view) and think to yourself this resembles a place in Gensokyo so well.

WindyKitsune

• Lumin(ifer)ous Touhouism
...you go out in the evening, look at the sky and instantly guess the Imperishable Night difficulty.

AzyWng

The latest incident in my habit of crossing over everything with Touhou, I came across a mod for Metal Gear Solid V which changes the panting/wheezing of the female Diamond Dogs soldiers to sound less annoying.

The mod was titled something along the lines of "Cure Asthma for female soldiers".

I immediately thought of Patchy (somehow) joining Diamond Dogs.

HistoryoftheMoon

Speaking of Kahili... I don't know why she reminds me of Tenshi, but she does.
I could also make a whole essay about things in Pokemon that remind me of Touhou, but we'd be here for hours.
As both a Pokemon and Touhou fan, I'd read that essay.

Kizune-Chao

• Overambitous Fandom-hopping otaku
  • Fandom-hopping Otaku
I've been on a Kuroshitsuji kick as of late, and I gotta say...

Ronald Knox and Komachi would get along very well.

When you find some of the characters to be so relatable that you may as well be them (in my case, it's Patchouli and Satori).

It's the same thing with me and Nitori.
Not that a signature matters.

... when it snows heavily and you are like "Oh, Letty must be pretty happy right now".
"Oh dear me, I've accidentally won."
(C) Aya

I knew it! Gensokyo is in Canada!

Don't have much other evidence to back up my theory, but hey, it's a start.
It's actually in Russia

AzyWng

So I just finished reading 1984 for school (it's basically a horror novel where the terrifying monsters happen to be the machinations of the government you live in), and one of the terms was blackwhite - the ability/will to claim that black was white if the party should ever demand it.

Something that would otherwise have had disturbing implications only distracted me.

Lt Colonel Summers

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Do not mess with a soldier
So I just finished reading 1984 for school (it's basically a horror novel where the terrifying monsters happen to be the machinations of the government you live in), and one of the terms was blackwhite - the ability/will to claim that black was white if the party should ever demand it.

Something that would otherwise have had disturbing implications only distracted me.

Yukari's controlling and watching over Gensokyo is kind of Big Brother-ish, only with magic instead of technology.
There's nothing inscribed on the dog tag...

https://youtu.be/myU2x27FIIc?t=150
Probably explains itself.

Lebon14

• 椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!
https://youtu.be/myU2x27FIIc?t=150
Probably explains itself.
I don't get the connection to Touhou here...?
I mean, this is just a computer stuff for beginners/medium-experience users.

I don't get the connection to Touhou here...?
I mean, this is just a computer stuff for beginners/medium-experience users.

"Imagine a gun, shooting tons of bullets at once"
Quote from video.
Hopefully that explains more.
{I may have replaced the word gun with something else}

Lebon14

• 椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!
"Imagine a gun, shooting tons of bullets at once"
Quote from video.
Hopefully that explains more.
{I may have replaced the word gun with something else}

Oh. OK. Got it.
That was kind of a stretch imo...

VTPHOENIX

• What's this?
  • Miraculous girl.
It's actually in Russia

You know you're addicted to Touhou when you get way too excited about this and end up writing a story about this.
Even while you're down here, F.O.E.!