Author Topic: You Know You're Addicted to Touhou When... #9: Phantasm. of Flower View Edition  (Read 126783 times)

Whenever you see hearts, you think about Koishi and her spellcards...

Damnit Koishi.

When you say UFO means Undefined Fantastic Object outside of Touhou communites. I'm already starting to do it

Not sure if this was already said

Hannibal_Kills

• To Hell and Beyond
  • I don't give a damn about rules...
After hours of Civilization V, if I ever encounter the city-state "Gensokyo", I'd happily spend all my gold influencing it.

A Hellcat went down the Hell's Highway after the Battle for Caen, "Byou". - Hannibal

When your favorite ice cream flavor is water

Goomba98

• Touhou ga daisuki!
Today, I made a sort of presentation for one of my classes with Walfas. And they loved it!

Yesterday I spent two hours trying to see how many Touhou characters Akninator knew.

Also, whenever someone says gap I immediately think of Yukari instead of whatever gap that was being discussed.

So I was taking a practice SAT test at an SAT camp earlier today.

One of the answers to the multiple choice questions was 9 (which was later shown to be the correct answer). Additionally, I have a tendency to circle my answer to emphasize it.

I wound up circling 9 and immediately thought of this.
If I have to write numbered questions, I always write them like "1) 2) 3) 4) 5) 6) 7) 8) ⑨ 10)"

Lebon14

• 椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!
when anything, even slightly, abnormal show up in films, news, anywhere, I/you always think "it's a youkai".

Lebon14

• 椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

Evey touhou addict seeing this would make the connections.
(Saw that in a dollar store)

AzyWng

• "I was a dumb American in a place where dumb Americans were less popular than the clap."
  • "So this was it. My easy retirement."

Evey touhou addict seeing this would make the connections.
(Saw that in a dollar store)

You know, I've never seen that particular brand in a store before... Which part of the world do you live in?

TenPlates

• Trying Not To Miss One Plate!
  • Still In Practice!
When I named my two cats Chen and Rin.

Also, when putting my earphones on, I start to think of Miko and I start to laugh like she does (but only when I'm alone).
"Having a normal life in Gensokyo."

Lebon14

• 椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!
You know, I've never seen that particular brand in a store before... Which part of the world do you live in?

QC, Canada.
(So, our dollar store is called "Dollarama")
« Last Edit: December 09, 2016, 04:25:32 PM by Lebon14 »

MANoBadAssGar Jr.

• look at dat pose, look at dat face
  • GARDORABLE!
Wasting away body spay while spinning around and humming Dark Side of Fate (awesome! awesomely stupid)
Doing saturday night fever below a lamp right after turning it on (dandies! but yeah not really oarfish-y)
Turning on gas stove while reciting "Mini Spark! Ha!" (chuuni)

that or just being stupid in general is all
give me ideas

#AddictionGottenWorse

It has come to the point that Touhou themes subconsciously start playing in my head in specific locations, as if it were a soundtrack for real life.

Whenever I pass through a field of flowers Yuuka's theme just starts playing in my head out of nowhere, whenever I hold an umbrella Kogasa's theme plays, and so on...
Lunatic 1CCs: PCB, IN, PoFV, HSiFS
Extra: All except PC-98.

Oh hey look I can do DNH scrips.

AzyWng

• "I was a dumb American in a place where dumb Americans were less popular than the clap."
I'm on a trip to Santa Fe, New Mexico.

One of the signs I saw had a few letters blacked out, and read " Sanae".

Whenever I'm sick I wish I can take medicine made by Eirin to instantly cure me...(sorry if this has already been said)

When you're playing the PC98 games on a school computer instead of doing work. And of course they don't give you enough storage for anything but the pc98 games... but I have diagonal movement! Who cares about boring schoolwork, I have to beat touhou now with my diagonal movements!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Marron

• Ordinary crow
When you f****** wanna die from happinness after seeing this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WoOtYzgZpwg

When you Touhou-ize your engineering term projects.

Last semester, I was working on a galvanic skin response detector composed of a couple of finger-encircling electrodes connected via a simple analog filter block to an Arduino, which sent data via USB to MATLAB for plotting. In order to determine the system's efficacy, I needed a reliable way to make my hands sweat, so I loaded up LLS on lunatic difficulty. As predicted, I got nervous, so the data was perfect, and you could even see spikes in the graph when I got hit.

I then proceeded to present my results to the class, complete with screenshots, and my professor seemed pleased. Got an A on the project. ;)

Recently, I had to write a piece of coursework for my German class. For this coursework, you have to base it upon a couple of sources from the Internet and you get extra marks for format. As such, I wrote this article in the same format as a forum for ironic purposes as the main body of it was a post by a guy complaining about the Internet.

One of the characters that I had reply to his post was called "Zeitungskr?he" (literally "newspaper crow"), and I had Aya Shameimaru as their avatar on the fake webpage.

WindyKitsune

• Lumin(ifer)ous Touhouism
When you Touhou-ize your engineering term projects.

Last semester, I was working on a galvanic skin response detector composed of a couple of finger-encircling electrodes connected via a simple analog filter block to an Arduino, which sent data via USB to MATLAB for plotting. In order to determine the system's efficacy, I needed a reliable way to make my hands sweat, so I loaded up LLS on lunatic difficulty. As predicted, I got nervous, so the data was perfect, and you could even see spikes in the graph when I got hit.

I then proceeded to present my results to the class, complete with screenshots, and my professor seemed pleased. Got an A on the project. ;)

Definitely the best scientific use of Touhou I've ever heard.

Goomba98

• Touhou ga daisuki!
This is slightly old, but a place called Round 1 opened up in a close mall some time ago, and on my first visit there, most of what I did was play the Touhou arrangements on Groove Coaster.

AzyWng

There's a mobile game called Evil Factory, made by NEXON M. Inc.

The boss for B11 has a laser remarkably similar to Patchouli's.

When you look at flowers, and you contemplate that in order for this flower to grow, a person must have died first.

Related: My captcha for this post said "Select all images with flowers." Thanks Google.

When you see words like "perfect" "elegant" "loyal" "servant" or "maid" and you instantly think of Sakuya.

Aldnox

• EoSD addict
When you spend an entire class period thinking about your route.

When you want to get a job just so you could save your money up that one expensive Touhou plush or figurine.

I went to help my sister pick flowers for her project. We went to the garden center at Lowe's and I saw a whole bunch of sunflowers which made me immediately think about Yuuka lol

Spacechurro

• FiteMe;
I make parallels with every character I like and Touhou characters
For example: Korra and Reimu would be totally cool friends.
task FiteMe{
    loop{
          let m = atan2(MyFistY-YourFaceY,MyFistX-YourFaceX);
          Punch01(GetMyX,GetMyY,100,m,REDFIST01,0);
          wait(1);  }     }

http://onigiri.cyberstep.com//special/170307_update/index.html

I don't care what this character's official name is gonna be, but I'm calling 'em Seija.