Author Topic: You Know You're Addicted to Touhou When... #9: Phantasm. of Flower View Edition  (Read 125323 times)

Failure McFailFace

• I'm h...a...p...p...y...
  • Impor
I actually hit the title character limit in this one.

Continuing to live in our boring, non-Gensokyo lives...

When you are obsessed with transcribing the songs for making piano sheets later.
1cc Easy: DDC (all) | 1cc Normal: UFO (SanA autobomb),  DDC (ReiA, SakA) , LoLK (Sanae PD)| EX clears: DDC (MarB Ultra) | Puzzle Games: StB: 10-X, DS: Hatate unlock, ISC: All clear

when you go on this forum everyday.
My old avatars: Old ass turtle, Unzan - Second and Current Avatar by the talented Aoshi-shi

Hikarin

• 別に意味はない。
  • 本当にメイドですね。。。
When you pull up that convenient shortcut to any given Touhou game you have installed to play in your free time, and you have placed said shortcuts in every folder on your computer, to make the whole process more efficient. Who cares that you only have time to finish Stage 1?

PADherder <3 Updated 8/13/2017!

When you see your study hall teacher's posted memes, and try to figure out how to put Touhou references into them.

When you see the word "kappa" and instantly think about Nitori.

Chirumiru-chan

• Destitute shrine maiden
  • Yukkuri shiteitte ne!
    • Megagaga
When you ship the girls with Bass from Mega Man.
⑨-chan
1cc: PoDD Rikako (Easy), PoDD Marisa (Easy), LLS Reimu (Easy)

Goomba98

• Touhou ga daisuki!

Lollipop

• stay woke
  • literally and figuratively dying
Touhou 1CCS:
Hard: LLS, EoSD(NB), PCB(NB), IN, MoF, TD, DDC(NB), LoLK
Lunatic: EoSD, PCB, DDC, LoLK
Extra: LLS, EoSD, PCB(Extra&Phantasm), IN, MoF, SA, DDC, LoLK
Current Focus: 1cc SA Hard, or an Extra

zero_breaker

• Is chuuni before 2nd year
  • Must... resist... procrastination...
When you look at fireworks and start planning how to dodge the patterns.

Boomer

• Lifeless Energy
  • Attributes and weaknesses are the same.
When you apply your Touhou knowledge to other video games, and it actually works.  For example: "projectile spam" in fighting games doesn't bother me because it's much worse in Touhou.  Also, playing on lunatic mode was probably the greatest therapy because it literally took away every ounce of stress, anxiety, and just negativity in general that I ever had.
I just know what I know...

Hannibal_Kills

• To Hell and Beyond
  • I don't give a damn about rules...
When you're F'ing jealous at heroes in action movies able to dodge ten men with AK-47s plus a 50.cal on a technical while you in the other hand, can't even dodge Hard Cirno.

Also, playing on lunatic mode was probably the greatest therapy because it literally took away every ounce of stress, anxiety, and just negativity in general that I ever had.
My brain must be Nitori'd again...

A Hellcat went down the Hell's Highway after the Battle for Caen, "Byou". - Hannibal

Chirumiru-chan

• Yukkuri shiteitte ne!
    • Megagaga
When I was 9, I wrote in my Strawberry Shortcake Berry Yummy Cookbook. I crossed out every character name and replaced them with Touhou character names. "Satori Komeji's Soft Tacos".
⑨-chan

LawfulInsane

• Lurker and poster
  • PLATES
When we've gone through eight threads already.

One of my classmates brought flan (the pudding) to school to distribute. I said "kyuu" and everyone stared at me like I was crazy.
I have the tendency to call everything from my side of the world "Eastern" (with the characters in "Touhou", I'm Chinese).

Boomer

• Lifeless Energy
When you find some of the characters to be so relatable that you may as well be them (in my case, it's Patchouli and Satori).

Chirumiru-chan

• Yukkuri shiteitte ne!
    • Megagaga
When you see the words "bronze disk" and think of Kikuri.
⑨-chan

When someone mentions the Tai Lopez meme and says "Knowledge", I instantly whisper to myself "Patchouli KNOWLEDGE".

Hannibal_Kills

• To Hell and Beyond
When someone mentions the Tai Lopez meme and says "Knowledge", I instantly whisper to myself "Patchouli KNOWLEDGE".
When you know this for a long time, but can't mention it.
Somebody, make a Touhou remake of that, cosplay, animation or MMD. I don't care as long as I see it.

A Hellcat went down the Hell's Highway after the Battle for Caen, "Byou". - Hannibal

I saw this at the store. I hope you know where I am going with this. :3

Boomer

• Lifeless Energy
It would have been so much funnier if that was a chocolate bunny.

AzyWng

• "I was a dumb American in a place where dumb Americans were less popular than the clap."
  • "So this was it. My easy retirement."
When you apply your Touhou knowledge to other video games, and it actually works.  For example: "projectile spam" in fighting games doesn't bother me because it's much worse in Touhou.  Also, playing on lunatic mode was probably the greatest therapy because it literally took away every ounce of stress, anxiety, and just negativity in general that I ever had.

This might be quite late, but I've noticed Touhou has helped me a lot in Undertale when it comes to dodging enemy shots.

Boomer

• Lifeless Energy
I just woke up recently in an odd state of me twitching like crazy and finding it harder to resist urges (I recovered fairly quickly so no worries).  Did Reisen mess with my mind while I was trying to sleep?

When you add every Touhou fan when you encounter them in CS:GO etc.

When you're recovering from surgery so you go watch Touhou LPs in order to relax after coming back home.

Boomer

• Lifeless Energy
Touhou is literally the only series where I don't dislike any of the characters.  I'm not sure if that could be considered an addiction, but it's something that I find interesting anyway.

Hannibal_Kills

• To Hell and Beyond
This and Mountain of Faith...
It's only a coincidence, that's what I'm sayin'.

LawfulInsane

• Lurker and poster
  • PLATES
This and Mountain of Faith...
It's only a coincidence, that's what I'm sayin'.

Now imagine that happening on Youkai Mountain.

Also, my lunch at school a bit back was coincidentally sweet potatoes with crab (the school is bad at food in general).

I couldn't eat without thinking I was eating the Aki sisters, so I didn't have lunch that day.
I have the tendency to call everything from my side of the world "Eastern" (with the characters in "Touhou", I'm Chinese).

Boomer

• Lifeless Energy
Whenever my cat comes into my room to relax with me, I can't help but imagine Orin cuddling with Satori.  His "meow" actually sounds quite similar to Orin's now that I think about it.

You know your addicted to Touhou when...

You find out that Phantasmagoria of Flower View was based on an old arcade game called Twinkle Star Sprites. You then immediately get yourself a copy of the new PS2 version of the game... even though it is 80% in Japanese and you don't read a word for it.

After 1 minute of playing the game you confidently decided to yourself... "Yeah, Touhou is better".

Take that ADK and SNK! One man in his spare time made a better game than your entire end game credits list!  :V

Goomba98

• Touhou ga daisuki!
Also, my lunch at school a bit back was coincidentally sweet potatoes with crab (the school is bad at food in general).

I couldn't eat without thinking I was eating the Aki sisters, so I didn't have lunch that day.
You'll be pleased to know that Shizuha's hair decoration is actually not a crab, but an assortment of autumn leaves. I should know, I drew the Akis for my art class in school.

LawfulInsane

• Lurker and poster
  • PLATES
You'll be pleased to know that Shizuha's hair decoration is actually not a crab, but an assortment of autumn leaves. I should know, I drew the Akis for my art class in school.

Yes. I know the crab is a meme, but I never drew the Aki sisters, and I spend too much time on the internet.

The only Touhou thing I ever drew for art class was my interpretation of Heart-Throbbing Adventure Koishi. Resulted in the class avoiding me for a couple of days.