Author Topic: THE GAME CHEATED!! - Touhou Rage Thread #17  (Read 109971 times)

Cream Soda

• stage 2 boss
Re: THE GAME CHEATED!! - Touhou Rage Thread #17
« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2016, 11:31:44 PM »
Most of your deaths are happening because you stick to the bottom and won't move up, I notice. You have to work on using both dimensions.

Chirumiru-chan

• Destitute shrine maiden
  • Yukkuri shiteitte ne!
    • Megagaga
« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2016, 12:40:59 AM »
I'll work on that.
⑨-chan
1cc: PoDD Rikako (Easy), PoDD Marisa (Easy), LLS Reimu (Easy)

Chirumiru-chan

• Yukkuri shiteitte ne!
    • Megagaga
« Reply #32 on: March 27, 2016, 06:40:39 PM »
Vs. Nitori, I got hit and I fucking had to start all over from the beginning. Plus I was on Easy.

WHOEVER MADE THAT FUCKING OVERDRIVE VIDEO IS GOING TO DIE. I DON'T CARE IF IT WAS A PARODY OR NOT, EASY MODE IS NOT ONLY FOR KIDS.
⑨-chan

Monarda

• Tactician that has a soft spot for cuteness.
  • Art by Amibazh
« Reply #33 on: March 27, 2016, 08:24:15 PM »
Vs. Nitori, I got hit and I fucking had to start all over from the beginning. Plus I was on Easy.
WHOEVER MADE THAT FUCKING OVERDRIVE VIDEO IS GOING TO DIE. I DON'T CARE IF IT WAS A PARODY OR NOT, EASY MODE IS NOT ONLY FOR KIDS.

Scaled down for good reason.

Just keep in mind to NEVER BACK DOWN ! You can do it ! Remember to focus less on your hitbox on fast patterns and more on it on dense and slow ones, make sure to stay at the 1/3 or 1/4 of the height of the field to have more space to work with, and don`t hold back on bombs !

Also, if you`re really going to kill him/her, i will stop you (Peacefully of course). And no, i don`t have any major rage outbursts to post, i`m pretty chill IMO.

« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2016, 06:40:15 AM »
I have brought great shame upon my family, for today I got hit by Nue's Mysterious Snake Show.

LunaWillow

• >Everyone: Pose as a team
  • The world is real.
« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2016, 07:19:12 AM »
I have brought great shame upon my family, for today I got hit by Nue's Mysterious Snake Show.
Don't worry, I did too. This spellcard stresses me out a lot for some reason.
Normal 1cc: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC, HSiFS
Hard 1cc: PoFV
Extra Clear: PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF
Other Stuff: ISC all clear

Boomer

• Lifeless Energy
  • Attributes and weaknesses are the same.
« Reply #36 on: March 29, 2016, 10:59:09 AM »
I tried to clear the extra stage in ESoD again yesterday.  Just as I am about to capture Patchouli's "Royal Flare", a bullet comes out of nowhere at the last few hits and I am forced to use a bomb.
I just know what I know...

Chirumiru-chan

• Yukkuri shiteitte ne!
    • Megagaga
« Reply #37 on: April 02, 2016, 02:58:10 PM »
WHO THE HELL PLAYS ON EASY, ANYWAY? ELEMENTARY SCHOOL CHILDREN?! FUCK IOSYS!

We don't enjoy seeing such posts here at MotK. And if it was a joke, it was an unfunny one. Please consider your current and past actions during your probation. --Hele
« Last Edit: April 03, 2016, 07:17:24 AM by Helepolis »
⑨-chan

« Reply #38 on: April 03, 2016, 05:49:03 AM »

Please calm down and realize that no one actually mocks people for playing easy mode. Everyone's gotta start somewhere.

Uruwi

• Nightmare of Torrential Precipitation
  • 478 million goober
« Reply #39 on: April 03, 2016, 05:50:28 AM »
Just discovered that BoSM Marisa's bomb outlasts the invincibility that comes with it, or at least on Legend.
foo = foldl $ flip ($)
Highest difficulty 1CCed for each game, by shot type in the original order. (-: never 1CCed on any difficulty, or never used; E: easy, N: normal, H: hard, L / U: lunatic / unreal.)
EoSD [NNNE] PCB [EE--N-] IN [NEEE + Ex Border] PoFV [Mystia N, Mystia E no charge] MoF [EN--H- + Ex Marisa B] SA [N-----] UFO [----EN] TD [NENE] DDC [EE-EHE + Ex Marisa B & Sakuya A] LoLK [PD --N- Legacy ---N] EE [N- + Ex Yabusame] EMS [N-- + Ex Yabusame] RMI [NHN + Ex YaoSuku]
Avelantis (demo) Easy YuukiB 426,077,200

Nolegs the Cat

• >Sʜᴇ ᴅᴇᴘᴇɴᴅs ᴏɴ ʏᴏᴜ. >Sʜᴇ ᴅᴇᴘᴇɴᴅs ᴏɴ ʏᴏᴜ.
« Reply #40 on: April 03, 2016, 07:00:16 AM »
Just discovered that BoSM Marisa's bomb outlasts the invincibility that comes with it, or at least on Legend.

Ooooooooh boy. That sounds like fun.

« Reply #41 on: April 03, 2016, 09:51:24 AM »

We don't enjoy seeing such posts here at MotK. And if it was a joke, it was an unfunny one. Please consider your current and past actions during your probation. --Hele

Was that user warned beforehands to reduce their amount of low-quality posts, or is our janny that doesn't use HME except for probating people just going ham?
I'm gonna go by the reason "Your unfunny spam is not welcome", because this post alone does not appear to be punishable at all, much less in a Rage Thread?!

I don't randomly probate people. We, the mod team and janitors, have been giving him/her a fair multiple chances and warnings. Oh and just because I don't post in HME doesn't mean I don't look/read here. I roam pretty much all boards. --Hele
« Last Edit: April 03, 2016, 03:00:48 PM by Helepolis »

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
« Reply #42 on: April 03, 2016, 11:44:26 AM »
We don't believe in embarrassing people by bringing up their past minor infractions in public, but yes, that user has received gentle shoulder tap PMs at least twice before this, for the same reason.

Anyway, carry on. With your Touhou rage, not the other thing.

Cream Soda

• stage 2 boss
« Reply #43 on: April 05, 2016, 04:18:41 AM »
Poor new girl, she unwittingly struck a very sensitive nerve with you guys. Most of the Touhou-playing community *does* mock this board and its administration for their arrogance, but I guess you can't do much to those people because they can't voice their opinions here, for fear that they might lose their accounts and not be able to contribute anymore. Which is, coincidentally, why this board has become so irrelevant and is being superseded by a comparatively smaller forum.

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #44 on: April 05, 2016, 08:42:55 AM »
Poor new girl, she unwittingly struck a very sensitive nerve with you guys. Most of the Touhou-playing community *does* mock this board and its administration for their arrogance, but I guess you can't do much to those people because they can't voice their opinions here, for fear that they might lose their accounts and not be able to contribute anymore. Which is, coincidentally, why this board has become so irrelevant and is being superseded by a comparatively smaller forum.

And yet you're still here.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Monarda

• Art by Amibazh
« Reply #45 on: April 05, 2016, 09:33:58 AM »

And how are you contributing right now ? Although i don't really agree a probation was necessary, these are the rules and we shall obey or try to obey them, yes, we can have fun here too, but the Shrinemaiden Caf? or the Party Games are where one should post. I hope you understand and i hope you come back soon Chirumi ! ^^

(And please, if you still need to start something, don't start it here, this is just a thread to vent steam after getting hit by bullshit stuff.)

Edit: I am no Moderator or Admin, yet i just thought this was the right thing to do, sorry if it's not.

Now what did i want to post again ? Right !
How can capture all of Remilia's Spellcards and still get fucked by Sakuya's Knife Spellcards ?!??!?!?!! I hate knifes....
« Last Edit: April 05, 2016, 09:53:33 AM by Starlighthawk »

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #46 on: April 05, 2016, 09:57:34 AM »
I know we have to go over this every single time a visible poster is probated but:

1. Probation is always the second to last resort.
2. There is plenty of post editing, thread moving/merging, and personal off-channel talking to that goes on between staff and users prior to any probation.
3. We generally try to avoid having those communications public to spare people the embarrassment, unless a public call-out is warranted.

This is why it seems to some of the rest of you that probations "come out of nowhere" - because what you don't see are the private exchanges we have with these users many times before this option is taken, out of respect for them and for granting the benefit of the doubt. In this case, various members of staff have had to edit, merge, move, lock and otherwise talk to her about her posts, on this board and others. As little visible effort has been made to learn what certain boards or threads are for, she was now given her first timeout.

In short: probations and bannings are the visible and unfortunate portion of a largely invisible process of staff working with users trying to fit in. Usually people fit in just fine - even the ones who've been probated before.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

nav'

• nothing to see here
  • definitely not a Ditto
« Reply #47 on: April 05, 2016, 10:44:17 AM »
yes, we can have fun here too, but the Shrinemaiden Caf? or the Party Games are where one should post
What exactly do you mean by this statement?
Рабинович глядит на плакат ?Ленин умер, но дело его живет!?
? уж лучше бы о он жил!

Hannibal_Kills

• To Hell and Beyond
  • I don't give a damn about rules...
« Reply #48 on: April 05, 2016, 01:07:40 PM »
Tried my first run on PCB Hard, and everybody knows that Stage 4 is where S*** gonna happen, right?

For the whole Stage 4, there were too much near misses to count.

Edit: Someone bloody tell me how to deal with Cirno's shotgun.

A Hellcat went down the Hell's Highway after the Battle for Caen, "Byou". - Hannibal

« Reply #49 on: April 06, 2016, 12:44:23 AM »
Edit: Someone bloody tell me how to deal with Cirno's shotgun.
I usually start the near the left side of the screen then as she shot bullets piramids I go back at the bottom of the screen and then to the right side of the screen all of this unfocused for more speed to outrun the shotguns then when she stop firing them and start the other attack I get focused and stream trought it while I count three repetitions of it and then I try to go the nearer possible to one of the screen upper corner and then I repeat the first part of it keep in mind that return during the fight to  the up per part of the screen is the hardest part of this tattic also keep in mind that if you get cornered by one of the shotguns if you can keep yourself calm and with a bit of reflexes you can go trought it this is particolary easy in Normal

Monarda

• Art by Amibazh
« Reply #50 on: April 06, 2016, 01:24:54 AM »
What exactly do you mean by this statement?

I think they to be the more common areas for that, that's my opinion though and it will differ from every other user here, i guess i kinda messed up my sentence again, again. (Would have included TARC, but i have almost zero knowledge over what happens there. SAVIOR also seems to be well-suited for that IMO.)

Karisa

• Extend!
  • High scores are meant to be broken.
« Reply #51 on: April 06, 2016, 02:50:16 AM »
I highly doubt troll comments to provoke arguments are acceptable in any part of the site. If you see it happening, please use the "Report to moderator" button below a relevant post.

If you have concerns about the probation policy or other staff decisions, and wish to express those concerns in a constructive manner, feel free to bring that up in Letters to the Editor. (Or for HME in particular, I'm open to PMs, if you're more comfortable with that.)

This particular thread is for raging about your mistakes/bad luck/whatever in Touhou games, not for raging about others' behavior.

Failure McFailFace

• I'm h...a...p...p...y...
  • Impor
« Reply #52 on: April 06, 2016, 06:20:26 PM »
I haven't played Touhou in a while. So I'm raging at every single mistake and death that I make.
1cc Easy: DDC (all) | 1cc Normal: UFO (SanA autobomb),  DDC (ReiA, SakA) , LoLK (Sanae PD)| EX clears: DDC (MarB Ultra) | Puzzle Games: StB: 10-X, DS: Hatate unlock, ISC: All clear

Monarda

• Art by Amibazh
« Reply #53 on: April 06, 2016, 06:33:26 PM »
I haven't played Touhou in a while. So I'm raging at every single mistake and death that I make.

Normal, i just started running PCB Extra (Am i mad, or are some stuff in Extra harder than in Phantasm ? Feels like it.) and i`m hating how unorthodox the cards are, plus i have very few time to analyze for a strat.

« Reply #54 on: April 06, 2016, 07:14:04 PM »
Failed Junko's survival card at 0.00s left. Actually screamed at that one, thank god my roommates aren't home :V

« Reply #55 on: April 07, 2016, 01:22:08 AM »
Currently I'm trying to do pointdevice Hard on LoLK to get better, even though I'm mostly busy with school right now...  but DOREMY MIDBOSS AND HER SPAWNING OF BULLETS AROUND THE HITBOXXXXXX!!! HARD IS TOO HARD FOR ME! D:
Then I found that I could time it out in the corner.

Monarda

• Art by Amibazh
« Reply #56 on: April 07, 2016, 01:32:05 AM »
Currently I'm trying to do pointdevice Hard on LoLK to get better, even though I'm mostly busy with school right now...  but DOREMY MIDBOSS AND HER SPAWNING OF BULLETS AROUND THE HITBOXXXXXX!!! HARD IS TOO HARD FOR ME! D:
Then I found that I could time it out in the corner.

*Insert Encouraging Pose Here*

You can do it ! It`s just a matter of train and patience, never back down and never give up !

Now:

*Insert Rage Regarding PCB Extra*

Choco Beam

• おやすみしな
« Reply #57 on: April 14, 2016, 06:24:03 AM »

>Failed NBNUFO attempt

Don't you just love it when this happens? I'm not even mad though. Died to a lot of easy stuff earlier in the run and was not expecting a clear anyway.

Chirumiru-chan

• Yukkuri shiteitte ne!
    • Megagaga
« Reply #58 on: April 14, 2016, 08:06:26 PM »
I was close to 1cc'ing SoEW on Easy today. When I had to use a continue at Mima, I cried and turned off the game.
⑨-chan

« Reply #59 on: April 16, 2016, 02:26:27 PM »
My brain seems to turn off during Remilia's non's.