Author Topic: THE GAME CHEATED!! - Touhou Rage Thread #17  (Read 111241 times)

Hannibal_Kills

• To Hell and Beyond
  • I don't give a damn about rules...
Re: THE GAME CHEATED!! - Touhou Rage Thread #17
« Reply #90 on: May 20, 2016, 11:39:02 AM »
Please no too serious swearing, please.

(PS: How do you post a video link with a pre-set starting time so that I don't need to ask people to skip to the specific time of the video?)
Nevermind, problem solved.

Everytime I died no matter where, this would sound out in my room.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2016, 08:35:06 AM by Hannibal_Kills »

A Hellcat went down the Hell's Highway after the Battle for Caen, "Byou". - Hannibal

« Reply #91 on: May 21, 2016, 10:02:10 PM »
I decided to play ISC today and clear the first 3 days.

3-4 was difficult. I swear a load of the times I died I really shouldn't have. It annoyed me so much, it took me quite a while to clear it as well (why an EX Boss on day 3).

I did clear it in the end though. It was painful to do though.

« Reply #92 on: May 22, 2016, 05:04:30 AM »
So is LoLK Normal on a whole other level from the other Normals, or am have I just gotten really rusty after 2 years? Even with Eirin's Shady New Savestates it's a goddamn meat grinder

« Reply #93 on: May 23, 2016, 06:40:40 PM »
So is LoLK Normal on a whole other level from the other Normals, or am have I just gotten really rusty after 2 years? Even with Eirin's Shady New Savestates it's a goddamn meat grinder

Yes. Yes it is.
It's definitely the hardest Normal in Touhou history.
Lunatic 1CCs: PCB, IN, PoFV, HSiFS
Extra: All except PC-98.

Oh hey look I can do DNH scrips.

ZM

• Overly Eager
  • Sanae~
« Reply #94 on: May 23, 2016, 07:03:40 PM »

TableCloth

• Call of Loli: Waifu Warfare
« Reply #95 on: May 27, 2016, 10:07:07 AM »
-Passed through 30M (or 300M, I'm not sure) on MoF hard modo.

-Game Over on VoWG.

goddammit.wav
Normal 1cc: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC, LoLK, HSiFS
Hard 1cc: MoF, IN, SA, PCB
Lunatic 1cc: MoF, IN

Currently struggling against depression by writing a light novel. Also, stop talking about nazi. The fact that I have Swastika in my name makes me stressed whenever anyone brought up any topic related to nazi and neo-nazi (unless we're talking about history, then I'm up for it). No, I'm not a neo-nazi. Neither are my parents. F**k off.

Nolegs the Cat

• >Sʜᴇ ᴅᴇᴘᴇɴᴅs ᴏɴ ʏᴏᴜ. >Sʜᴇ ᴅᴇᴘᴇɴᴅs ᴏɴ ʏᴏᴜ.
« Reply #96 on: May 27, 2016, 01:10:17 PM »
-Passed through 30M (or 300M, I'm not sure) on MoF hard modo.

-Game Over on VoWG.

goddammit.wav

It'd have to be 300m.
30m in MoF would only get you the first extra life, to give you an idea. On hard you'd probably reach it close to the end of stage 2, or maybe a little bit before/after.

« Reply #97 on: May 28, 2016, 02:17:34 AM »
So I decided to clear EoSD with the other characters and I'm having a flawless run until somehow I died 3 times to Patchouli first non spell. What the hell? I didn't even have that much trouble with it on lunatic. Did I get worse?

Monarda

• Tactician that has a soft spot for cuteness.
  • Art by Amibazh
« Reply #98 on: May 28, 2016, 01:33:01 PM »
So I decided to clear EoSD with the other characters and I'm having a flawless run until somehow I died 3 times to Patchouli first non spell. What the hell? I didn't even have that much trouble with it on lunatic. Did I get worse?

Nah, you just got unused to her pattern, it's always like this, run some more runs and you'll be good as new.

LawfulInsane

• Lurker and poster
  • PLATES
« Reply #99 on: May 31, 2016, 09:52:06 AM »
I nearly beat Kikuri. I NEARLY BEAT KIKURI.

I had whittled her down to one health, when some damned stray bullet hits me (I'm still not familiar with HrTP's hitboxes and mechanics) and I lose my last life. Dammit.
I have the tendency to call everything from my side of the world "Eastern" (with the characters in "Touhou", I'm Chinese).

Cream Soda

• stage 2 boss
« Reply #100 on: June 02, 2016, 04:45:03 AM »
eosd is mean because if it were fair then cactu would have the royalflare record and that cheater ichizoku would be dethroned.

Nolegs the Cat

« Reply #101 on: June 05, 2016, 10:01:32 AM »
How to fuck up a run in TD lunatic:
I had no deaths up until Yoshika, then died with bombs on midboss Seiga nonspell, Seiga nonspell 3 (and then bombed it afterwards), midboss Soga spellcard, Futo first card, and Sake dishes.

After that chain of horrible failures, I quit then and there.

« Reply #102 on: June 21, 2016, 08:34:56 PM »
Shining Shooting Star just crashed on me.

I was entering Stage 6 with eight lives. More than enough to clear the game, one would have thought. But no, Tensei had an out-of-the-box trick up her sleeve.

Choco Beam

• おやすみしな
« Reply #103 on: June 26, 2016, 04:47:47 AM »
Ichirin's 3rd nonspell is making me cry like a little baby.

« Reply #104 on: June 26, 2016, 11:34:07 AM »
Shining Shooting Star just crashed on me.

I was entering Stage 6 with eight lives. More than enough to clear the game, one would have thought. But no, Tensei had an out-of-the-box trick up her sleeve.

No matter what game it is, I always skip the staff roll as fast as possible, because I'm scared it might crash just before I get a chance to save my score and a replay.

« Reply #105 on: June 26, 2016, 06:18:09 PM »
No matter what game it is, I always skip the staff roll as fast as possible, because I'm scared it might crash just before I get a chance to save my score and a replay.
After I've watched the credits once at normal speed (usually after my first Easy mode clear), then I'll usually speed through the credits on any future clears as well.

Yeah, it really sucks to be really close to winning, or have already won, when something happens to screw you out of your accomplishment. I think about 4 years ago, I had just finished off Utsuho on a Lunatic run of Touhou 11, which would've been my first Lunatic 1cc of that game (and my first billion-point score on that game as well, as I remember I had 1.077-something billion), but just after Utsuho had finished exploding, before the ending could even start, someone nearby accidentally flipped a light switch which happened to be connected to the power source of the computer I was using at the time. ARGH!!! (This happened at around 11 PM on that night, and I ended up staying up until past 5 AM trying to 1cc Lunatic again, which I succeeded at, with a score over 1.1 billion that time, but man, that was a lot of sleep lost, and the sun was already rising outside. Oh, and this computer is no longer hooked up to a power source that's attached to a light switch now.)

Choco Beam

• おやすみしな
« Reply #106 on: July 03, 2016, 02:03:55 AM »
I had a potential 2.4B+ run going until I retardedly screwed up stage 6 because I'm retarded  :V

Well, I screwed up stage 5 also which set up the train of mistakes on stage 6. On the flip side, I'm getting consistent on Ichirin's 3rd non graze w/o any death so I'm restarting less.

Neptune

• :D
  • kms
« Reply #107 on: July 04, 2016, 04:23:47 AM »
Trying to beat UFO with Marisa B.

Even if it's just on Normal, I still hate using this shot type.  :ohdear:
i like cute stuff

yoshimo

• Impractical Coder
  • Just your neighborhood-friendly Yoshi!
« Reply #108 on: July 09, 2016, 10:49:08 AM »
So I'm having what I think is my best Touhou run ever, which is really underwhelming since I rarely play Touhou.

Getting to the final stage of Shining Shooting Star, I have no extra lives remaining, and I'm fully aware of it.
"OK, focus on collecting spell fragments and be prepared to bomb when necessary."
I'm fully expecting to have my soul served on a platter by the final boss.

Nah, mate, my peripheral vision fails me and I don't move far enough to the left to dodge a simple bullet pattern.
Since I wasn't expecting myself to die to something so simple, I was not prepared to bomb at all.

I would have been fully content with my run if I had died to something more appropriate for my situation,
but I'm instead left with this bittersweet feeling of dying to what is essentially Stage 2 danmaku.
My perception of my work ethics.

Choco Beam

• おやすみしな
« Reply #109 on: July 14, 2016, 04:42:07 AM »

LOL. 30k~ graze entering stage 4 and then royally fucked up the stage. DIdn't even cleared  :colonveeplusalpha:

« Reply #110 on: July 17, 2016, 07:10:00 AM »
Finally captured Kagerou's first boss spellcard through a combination of hard reads and blind luck, only to die twice to the non-spell after it :V

Koog

• I live to protect those dear to me,
  • as a good friend would.
« Reply #111 on: July 18, 2016, 11:42:24 PM »
Guess who lost at Utsuho's last spell due to a stupid move?  :V
Mwahahahahha!

« Reply #112 on: July 19, 2016, 12:40:39 AM »
Guess who lost at Utsuho's last spell due to a stupid move?  :V

I did.
A couple of times.
Okay, a lot of times.
i kept blinking

Monarda

• Tactician that has a soft spot for cuteness.
  • Art by Amibazh
« Reply #113 on: July 22, 2016, 11:57:03 PM »
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh !

I was doing so well on PCB Phantasm.
I still had those 3 lives and 2 bombs to do those 2 final hellish Spellcards.

Then i just derp and die thrice in Boundary between Humans and Youkai.....
Hey ! At least i was able to reach Danmaku Bounded Field ! It`s a step !

« Reply #114 on: July 28, 2016, 01:21:30 AM »
In UFO Extra after defeating the last spell card, I got hit by a random bullet and failed to complete the stage. It was a good game.

PapilLionesskort

• "Perfectly Immoral Moral Person"
  • Pretty much just lurking innocently
« Reply #115 on: July 28, 2016, 11:26:14 PM »
In UFO Extra after defeating the last spell card, I got hit by a random bullet and failed to complete the stage. It was a good game.
Oh. Oh, that's painful, and so relatable. Same thing happened in Ten Desires Extra once.
Still count that as a win, though.:P
Write or fight, same thing. You might as well come out swinging either way.<3 Just not too hard, as that's no fun.

Neptune

• :D
  • kms
« Reply #116 on: July 30, 2016, 12:18:34 AM »
I really hate Miko's third non, Miko's second to last spell, and her last spellcard.

Why must you ruin all of my perfect runs???  :getdown:

I need to stop playing this game.  :fail:
i like cute stuff

Nolegs the Cat

« Reply #117 on: July 30, 2016, 03:06:52 AM »
I really hate Miko's third non, Miko's second to last spell, and her last spellcard.

Why must you ruin all of my perfect runs???  :getdown:

I need to stop playing this game.  :fail:

That one 1MNBNT TD normy run I did died on that third non.  :derp:
(funnily enough my 4MNBNT hard capped it, and I've capped it on lunatic a few times)

Keep trying, I'm sure you'll get it. I got bored of going for NMNBNT normal basically immediately. :V
« Last Edit: July 30, 2016, 03:50:20 AM by Nolegs the Cat »

Koog

• I live to protect those dear to me,
  • as a good friend would.
« Reply #118 on: July 30, 2016, 05:40:38 AM »
I hate Utsuho, I swear I do.
Mwahahahahha!

« Reply #119 on: August 12, 2016, 11:02:06 PM »
I managed to survive the infamous last card in PCB Extra dodging the bizarre bullet's hitbox, but one stray blue bullet took a direct hit on me and I died. I was at 99% complete... This is my most infuriating moment.