Author Topic: THE GAME CHEATED!! - Touhou Rage Thread #17  (Read 109972 times)

RB

Re: THE GAME CHEATED!! - Touhou Rage Thread #17
« Reply #240 on: June 06, 2017, 03:21:19 AM »
Why do I find MoF so hard. There's just something about it which makes me way more likely to die stupidly, and I don't know what it is but I'd like it to stop.
iktf except it happens in pcb and td as well

TableCloth

• Call of Loli: Waifu Warfare
« Reply #241 on: June 11, 2017, 01:18:31 AM »
Speaking of MoF and speaking of rage, just had a really smooth Hard mode run yesterday, and almost captured VoWG.

Almost.

I WANT TO RAGE AT MYSELF FOR BEING A RETARD AND GOT CLIPPED AT THE VERY LAST SECOND REEEEEEEEEE
Normal 1cc: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC, LoLK, HSiFS
Hard 1cc: MoF, IN, SA, PCB
Lunatic 1cc: MoF, IN

Currently struggling against depression by writing a light novel. Also, stop talking about nazi. The fact that I have Swastika in my name makes me stressed whenever anyone brought up any topic related to nazi and neo-nazi (unless we're talking about history, then I'm up for it). No, I'm not a neo-nazi. Neither are my parents. F**k off.

« Reply #242 on: June 11, 2017, 03:33:53 PM »

died twice with full power because my brain thinks I'm capable of micrododging

EDIT: Also lost a Lunatic 1CC to Scarlet Gensokyo. On the same day.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2017, 03:37:43 PM by iVAwalys »
Lunatic 1CCs: PCB, IN, PoFV, HSiFS
Extra: All except PC-98.

Oh hey look I can do DNH scrips.

« Reply #243 on: June 13, 2017, 11:34:50 PM »

Pretty much already hit 200 hours in PCB and theres

STILL NO LNNN

In sight. I am quite disappointed in myself. I feel like I should have already got this. After all, this isn't EoSD or UFO or LoLK LNN, where such time would probably not be enough, its fucking PCB. It literally does not get any easier than this, but I somehow manage to fail anyway.

Mino ☆

• PCB player.
  • Touhou Hobbyist
« Reply #244 on: June 14, 2017, 02:17:06 PM »
Unfortunately, that's the nature of LNN. It is not a goal that you can just snap your finger and get on the fly, unless you're really proficient like some of the japanese players (Or just really guerilla like yats).

When I went for my first PCB LNNN, it took me a year and a half, and at that time I'd already had about 400-500 hours total in the game. The fact that you don't have it yet isn't surprising, but shouldn't be discouraging. And don't think that UFO and LoLK are the only games that would take a lot of time to get. I took quite a surprisingly long time for Mountain of Faith (which some people even consider easier than PCB for some reason), and Yats took an uncanny amount of time for SA.

What I've learned about LNNNs is that they come when you least expect them. They're very random. You will never expect when that winning credit comes, but when you DO get it, it gives off an amazing feeling.

Do you stream by any chance? I'd like to watch you play sometime! :)

Do keep in mind that PCB does have a lot of challenging things like Youmu, some of Prismriver's things, and don't forget the lovely spam section you get in stage 6. So don't underestimate it. (You can underestimate TD though) By the looks of it, you're going with ReimuB too, who isn't very good at the spam. If the spam itself is giving you trouble, you could always do what I did and use ReimuA, or do what Yats did and use SakuyaB.

---

P.S. I saw a thread from you asking about border invincibility frames. Most people don't really consider it illegal. In fact, HS, the one who did the first PCB LNNN, used it on Hell's God Sword AND the spam section in stage 6. SOC and I used it to cheese Lunasa's second non in our ReimuB runs. PNG used it in his ReimuA run on one of the prismriver's attacks as well I'm sure. All these runs are still included in the LNN thread and recognized as legit :)

My stance on it, is that like in IN (where you get invincibility after a boss's final spell, allowing you to skip through bullets without dying), is that the game is GIVING you free invincibility. AKA, you will never die or get hit by any bullet, or fail anything. See, when you finish a border, you're always going to be invincible after the border ends, so my stance is that you might as well make use of it.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2017, 02:52:53 PM by Mino ☆ »

Chill Observer

• Aimless fanatic
  • haHAA
« Reply #245 on: June 15, 2017, 11:11:34 AM »
In sight. I am quite disappointed in myself. I feel like I should have already got this. After all, this isn't EoSD or UFO or LoLK LNN, where such time would probably not be enough, its fucking PCB. It literally does not get any easier than this, but I somehow manage to fail anyway.
Where in the right mind did you ever come to the conclusion that LNN is easy?
Retired Touhou player. Not involved with anything Touhou anymore.

« Reply #246 on: June 15, 2017, 06:36:51 PM »
Do keep in mind that (while obviously important) you being good enough to LNN a game is only a part of actually getting it. A lot of things can go wrong in a credit even if you play on point the entire time, especially in a game like PCB, which, while generally considered easy, is very long (MoF is almost 10 full minutes shorter than PCB, one reason I believe many people consider it an easier game to LNN). It's always possible to get terrible RNG throwing you a situation where you simply can't do anything; nerves getting the better of you or, worst case scenario, have something like your keyboard fail on you like it happened to Yats

Things I've done (and maybe will improve):
SA L6MNB | SA Lunatic 3b Scorerun | MoF LNB | PCB LNB |DDC LNB

« Reply #247 on: June 16, 2017, 12:27:12 AM »
Well this will be a looooooooong one!

Unfortunately, that's the nature of LNN. It is not a goal that you can just snap your finger and get on the fly, unless you're really proficient like some of the japanese players (Or just really guerilla like yats).

When I went for my first PCB LNNN, it took me a year and a half, and at that time I'd already had about 400-500 hours total in the game. The fact that you don't have it yet isn't surprising, but shouldn't be discouraging. And don't think that UFO and LoLK are the only games that would take a lot of time to get. I took quite a surprisingly long time for Mountain of Faith (which some people even consider easier than PCB for some reason), and Yats took an uncanny amount of time for SA.

What I've learned about LNNNs is that they come when you least expect them. They're very random. You will never expect when that winning credit comes, but when you DO get it, it gives off an amazing feeling.

Do you stream by any chance? I'd like to watch you play sometime! :)

Do keep in mind that PCB does have a lot of challenging things like Youmu, some of Prismriver's things, and don't forget the lovely spam section you get in stage 6. So don't underestimate it. (You can underestimate TD though) By the looks of it, you're going with ReimuB too, who isn't very good at the spam. If the spam itself is giving you trouble, you could always do what I did and use ReimuA, or do what Yats did and use SakuyaB.

---

P.S. I saw a thread from you asking about border invincibility frames. Most people don't really consider it illegal. In fact, HS, the one who did the first PCB LNNN, used it on Hell's God Sword AND the spam section in stage 6. SOC and I used it to cheese Lunasa's second non in our ReimuB runs. PNG used it in his ReimuA run on one of the prismriver's attacks as well I'm sure. All these runs are still included in the LNN thread and recognized as legit :)

My stance on it, is that like in IN (where you get invincibility after a boss's final spell, allowing you to skip through bullets without dying), is that the game is GIVING you free invincibility. AKA, you will never die or get hit by any bullet, or fail anything. See, when you finish a border, you're always going to be invincible after the border ends, so my stance is that you might as well make use of it.

Yes, I know that a LNN is obviously not going to happen in 1 day. The thing is, I have been actively going for it for a fairly good amount of time by now, and the worst part is that I KNOW I can do it. Just need to spam more credits.

I see, well theres a lot of people who consider PCB to be the easiest overall game, that also includes LNN. I would be inclined to agree with that. But I guess it Will still take its time... It sure will be awesome when I manage to get it :)

Unfortunately, due to a couple of factors, I cant really stream. The two biggest reasons are that my PC/Internet just wouldn't be up to the task (I can barely upload Youtube videos in a decent quality/time as it is, streaming is probably out of the question), and even if I COULD, there is the language barrier (Since most of the community is naturally English) issue, so I couldn't really comment anyway (And then, what would be the point? xD).
That said, IF you are interested, I could link you the replay of my current PB. Who knows, maybe you can tell me what I am doing wrong or how to improve, since I know you have LNNNd this game long ago (I even saw your video on Youtube!).

Yes, I am aware of the "Dangerous spots" on PCB. The 2 most obvious are HGS and Spam, but I also have a bit of trouble with a couple of others (Chens final, Alices First, Lily, That annoying 2nd Lunasa non, Concerto Grosso, and of course, Resurrection Butterfly). All of these, while not as much of a run killer as the "Big 2", are also occasionally annoying and kill me. But that's just how it works, I guess. I actually find HGS to be a bit overrated, at least with ReimuB.
As for using another shottype... I rather not relearn the entire game just for a slightly easier time at one part that last like 20 seconds at most (Spam), to be completely honest.

Its nice to know I can freely use the Iframes trick then. I have been trying to do it on Lunasa?s 2nd non, but in a real run its hard to get a good amount of Cherry in order to get the border at that exact moment, lol.

Where in the right mind did you ever come to the conclusion that LNN is easy?

Well, I think that it all started ever since I got the 8MNBNBB, I had the feeling that "I could do better than this", then I keep trying to reduce the amount of silly deaths. I wasn't REALLY thinking about LNNN at that point, I just knew I could do a better run. Then I got the 6 Miss. Wasn't all that happy with it still, so I kept going. And then I got the 3 Miss. At that point, I was quite satisfied with the run, since it barely had any silly deaths... but then I realized, "Woah, this is actually close to a LNNN run, might as well try to go for it"(Especially since that run marked the first moment in which I got to Youmu at an LNNN pace, something I have never done before) and ever since then, I have been actively gunning for it... That, plus the countless people who claim that PCB is the easiest game overall in the series for a lot of things, 1cc, No Bomb, and yes that also means easy LNNN, in comparison with other games. And it is indeed true. Which just makes the fact that I haven't LNNNd it yet more annoying, lol.

Do keep in mind that (while obviously important) you being good enough to LNN a game is only a part of actually getting it. A lot of things can go wrong in a credit even if you play on point the entire time, especially in a game like PCB, which, while generally considered easy, is very long (MoF is almost 10 full minutes shorter than PCB, one reason I believe many people consider it an easier game to LNN). It's always possible to get terrible RNG throwing you a situation where you simply can't do anything; nerves getting the better of you or, worst case scenario, have something like your keyboard fail on you like it happened to Yats

Indeed, a lot of things can go wrong- I already said were I think the dangerous spots are. That's true, PCB is quite a bit longer than most other games (We can thank Stage 4 for that), that means theres more time for me to die and have to restart the entire run from scratch...nothing I can do about that tho. Same with RNG.

TBH the most annoying thing about this is that I have to eat up this damn boring Stage 1 AGAIN every time I die to something after it. Playing that stage over and over is so DULL because NOTHING happens on it. At least Chen is somewhat dangerous at times so I have to pay attention, all Stage 1 is doing is testing my patience.

« Last Edit: June 16, 2017, 12:48:46 AM by ILikeBulletZ »

« Reply #248 on: June 16, 2017, 01:14:31 PM »
it may not seem like it's much, but the gap from 3 miss  to 0 miss is huge

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #249 on: June 16, 2017, 05:01:45 PM »
Forget 3 miss, the gap from just 1 miss to 0 miss can be much bigger than it looks. One or two mistakes can still be spread around in so many different ways, but when going for no mistakes there's obviously no room for error anywhere anymore. Years ago when I was first going for a perfect VoWG Lunatic time-out, I was greatly encouraged after getting a run that was 3 miss, and even more so after getting a run that was 1 miss almost right after. However, it took another several days of very serious grinding, enduring many more 1- and 2-miss attempts, before I got over the hump and managed "that one run" that didn't mess up once. This isn't meant to discourage you or anything ILikeBulletZ, just saying that thinking you're "close" to an LNNN just because you got a very-low-miss run before is probably a mistake. LNN(N)s are always in a whole other tier for the reason I gave above, no exceptions, and no matter what you may hear from others about how "easy" or "hard" they may be compared to other games. But again, don't let this stop you - as long as you let go of the idea that you should have "had this" by now, you'll likely start finding it easier to keep up your repeated attempts at it (well, beyond your annoyance at Stage 1 at least lol).
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

« Reply #250 on: June 16, 2017, 10:33:57 PM »
it may not seem like it's much, but the gap from 3 miss  to 0 miss is huge

Forget 3 miss, the gap from just 1 miss to 0 miss can be much bigger than it looks. One or two mistakes can still be spread around in so many different ways, but when going for no mistakes there's obviously no room for error anywhere anymore. Years ago when I was first going for a perfect VoWG Lunatic time-out, I was greatly encouraged after getting a run that was 3 miss, and even more so after getting a run that was 1 miss almost right after. However, it took another several days of very serious grinding, enduring many more 1- and 2-miss attempts, before I got over the hump and managed "that one run" that didn't mess up once. This isn't meant to discourage you or anything ILikeBulletZ, just saying that thinking you're "close" to an LNNN just because you got a very-low-miss run before is probably a mistake. LNN(N)s are always in a whole other tier for the reason I gave above, no exceptions, and no matter what you may hear from others about how "easy" or "hard" they may be compared to other games. But again, don't let this stop you - as long as you let go of the idea that you should have "had this" by now, you'll likely start finding it easier to keep up your repeated attempts at it (well, beyond your annoyance at Stage 1 at least lol).

Umm I guess thats fair enough.

I mean, aside from one very especific section (The spam), I have done everything else perfectly multiple times on separated runs/practice sessions by now. So its not unrealistic to think that all I need to do is just to spam a few more credits for LNNN, but ofc its not as easy as that.

Well I guess it might take longer, then. But thats OK I mean, so long as one day I get it (Or at least get a 2/1 miss run so I can tell I am making progress).

« Reply #251 on: June 16, 2017, 10:46:44 PM »
I STILL don't have gfw lnn(s) after FIFTEEN hours, disgraceful.

Lollipop

• stay woke
  • literally and figuratively dying
« Reply #252 on: July 01, 2017, 12:53:58 AM »

i'm an invincible unicorn
« Last Edit: July 01, 2017, 12:58:09 AM by Lollipop »
Touhou 1CCS:
Hard: LLS, EoSD(NB), PCB(NB), IN, MoF, TD, DDC(NB), LoLK
Lunatic: EoSD, PCB, DDC, LoLK
Extra: LLS, EoSD, PCB(Extra&Phantasm), IN, MoF, SA, DDC, LoLK
Current Focus: 1cc SA Hard, or an Extra

« Reply #253 on: July 03, 2017, 03:24:04 PM »

i AM NOT OKAY

This run actually had amazing early game and I even managed to perfect Meiling. The late game was a nightmare though and I didn't even make it to Remilia...
Lunatic 1CCs: PCB, IN, PoFV, HSiFS
Extra: All except PC-98.

Oh hey look I can do DNH scrips.

« Reply #254 on: July 08, 2017, 12:41:39 PM »
Kanako's last non-spell.
That is all I will say.

« Reply #255 on: July 09, 2017, 02:52:34 AM »
Just to try something different, I decided to do a random Lunatic run with ReimuA today. It was my very first run with her on this difficulty, and I am pretty sure it will also be the last one, because...

SHE IS ABSOLUTELY ABYSMAL OH MY GOD

Got a terrible cringeworthy 9MNBNBB run. Now, Considering it was literally my first run ever with her, one could argue that it could have been worse. BUT it really shocked me just how ridiculous her low damage output is- sure, the some stage sections (3, 5, and, supposedly, the stage 6 spam) are nicer to her than to ReimuB, but thats literally the only positive I can say she has.

Everywhere else, shes trash. Shes bad. Like, REALLY bad...

Also, I can understand some of the deaths because a few were my fault. But most of them were just because of her crap shottype-
And probably the thing that made me mad the most, THE SPAM STILL KILLED ME ANYWAY, even though ReimuA is supposed to trivialize it and is really the one reason you use her. LOL...

I dont really think its really worth trying to do the whole game with her... we will see. But I doubt it. I SOMEHOW managed to LNNN up to Stage 4, but even just that small victory requiered many lucky dodges and, quite frankly I should have died many more times if it wasnt for dumb good luck.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2017, 02:55:10 AM by ILikeBulletZ »

GenericArrangements

• The Monthly Ghost of the Art Atelier
  • i do the music thing (!?)
« Reply #256 on: July 09, 2017, 03:51:44 AM »
which game tho
Please read my posts as if I'm not taking them too seriously.

i did a lunatic 1cc of MoF once and i'm happy enough with just that

Lollipop

• stay woke
  • literally and figuratively dying
« Reply #257 on: July 10, 2017, 02:07:37 AM »
which game tho

pcb

and if it's not i'll quit touhou
Touhou 1CCS:
Hard: LLS, EoSD(NB), PCB(NB), IN, MoF, TD, DDC(NB), LoLK
Lunatic: EoSD, PCB, DDC, LoLK
Extra: LLS, EoSD, PCB(Extra&Phantasm), IN, MoF, SA, DDC, LoLK
Current Focus: 1cc SA Hard, or an Extra

DarkPermafrost

• Wandering Lone Wolf
« Reply #258 on: July 10, 2017, 11:13:06 AM »
Grinding SSS ExNNNFS with Reimu/Shinmyoumaru. I got a perfect run right up to the last word, then I died twice on what would otherwise probably be one of the easiest spells on that stage.

:c

Grrr.
---
YouTube

« Reply #259 on: July 29, 2017, 07:17:38 PM »
https://youtu.be/SQtKrsO60Z4

"Ha! I have defeated the combined might of your power! Kneel before me, you worthless lunarians, for your bullets are useless against me-"
Kaguya promptly bitch-slaps my face

Never before in my life have I been trolled by a game so exquisitely.

(the game didn't count the capture btw)

« Reply #260 on: July 31, 2017, 05:19:49 PM »
@HexaDoken
LOL, I've done that before, while I was fooling around with the spell on Easy, I think. But, you say the game didn't count the capture, even though it showed you getting the Spell Card Bonus?

DarkPermafrost

• Wandering Lone Wolf
« Reply #261 on: August 18, 2017, 10:58:11 AM »
I got a 1-miss BoSM lunatic 1cc, where I died to... Ring of Solomon, which I have a 19/20 capture rate on, with 7 bombs in stock. I then proceeded to beat the rest of the game and cleared with 4 bombs. :angery:

Grrr.
---
YouTube

« Reply #262 on: August 28, 2017, 02:56:37 PM »
Mmm I'm getting pretty good at Hard across the board but EoSD is still the only game I can even come close to 1ccing on Lunatic... I know the solution is to just play more and get used to reading denser patterns, but it's just draining and I'm tired of not seeing any progress orz

Kuriz

• Flying Gatekeeper of no real significance
  • Watch out for my my Special Attack MOVE!
« Reply #263 on: September 01, 2017, 09:35:22 AM »
So I've been playing HRtP and uhh...

Y u u g e n M a g a n  f u c k i n g  h a p p e n e d .

Safe to say I never take the Makai route when I play that game. lol

FamilyTeam

• Love Sign
  • Master Spark
« Reply #264 on: September 01, 2017, 11:37:30 PM »
Yesterday I was attempting a Normal No-Bomb run of EoSD for fun. It was a really good run (save me getting randomly booped by Patchouli's opener) until Sakuya's Misdirection. I managed to lose 3 lives to that. I suddenly felt like not playing the game after that.

The nova of the ocean of the cleverness

« Reply #265 on: September 25, 2017, 01:39:39 AM »
So, my sister unplugged my laptop's cable to charge her phone, without telling me, and I started running out of battery in the middle of a run, throwing me out of the game and, when I came back, into a train-wreck I just couldn't recover from because I lost my focus. Literally two seconds later, and I would have had no problem (of course, people telling me when they move my stuff would be ideal, too).

iPhones are fucking garbage, btw.

Things I've done (and maybe will improve):
SA L6MNB | SA Lunatic 3b Scorerun | MoF LNB | PCB LNB |DDC LNB

IIRawsomeII

• Treat me as you will
    • Rawcode Studios
« Reply #266 on: September 29, 2017, 02:16:10 AM »
I've been trying to NMNB DDC Extra in the past couple of days (first attempt at NMNB BTW) and let me tell you that It's Abysmal!

I hate the Tsukumo Sisters! If I don't die to the suffocating hitbox mess that is the Non, Get past the curved mess Storm Ensemble,
I get treated to Joruri World; The Worst Attack In the stage! The Crisscross of Ben Ben's bullets gets me every time, then when I see the opening Yatsuhashi's bullets block it off! (even Sakuya A's slowdown doesn't help)
If I did my math correctly then I have a 0.16 Capture Ratio on that Card!
And if by some miracle I get past the Scarlet Sisters (sorry I meant Tsukumo because I confused them for The Devil!) Raiko's First Spell get's the job done! Sakuya A Is THE WORST shot to handle that attack!

I'm no pro at Touhou, I can get past normal mode in most games in a few tries though. But I don't know how people do NMNB, especially Lunatic NMNB.
 That was my attempt's at my First NMNB. I'll try it again here and there but not frequently.
(Anger Outburst "Attempts of Perfection")
Let's start again

« Reply #267 on: September 29, 2017, 04:12:08 PM »
Decided to go back to my first and still not cleared touhou game yet. EoSD. Normal run and 1cc attempt.

Managed to clear stage 1 with massive graze. I lost few lives on Cirno's Icicle Fall and to her 2nd non-spellcard which concluded my time in stage 2. In stage three I managed to die also to Meiling's non-spellcard which concluded my stage 3 run. Slightly nailed the start of stage 4 until after the midboss. I deathbombed so many patterns that can be easily streamed. By the time I reached Patchouli, I literally do not have any lives left. Where did it all go wrong?

But hey, atleast I managed to clear LoLK easy.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2017, 04:14:46 PM by AaronRylandt »

IIRawsomeII

• Treat me as you will
    • Rawcode Studios
« Reply #268 on: September 30, 2017, 05:26:40 AM »
But hey, atleast I managed to clear LoLK easy.
Ehh!?! EASY MODO!?!
Let's start again

« Reply #269 on: September 30, 2017, 11:15:05 AM »
This is something I know a normal person would rage at, but when that happened to me I was just laughing.
http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=44016
EDIT: I recorded and uploaded this replay to YouTube. Click here
« Last Edit: October 01, 2017, 06:43:05 AM by 32th System »
Not that a signature matters.