Author Topic: THE GAME CHEATED!! - Touhou Rage Thread #17  (Read 110022 times)

Re: THE GAME CHEATED!! - Touhou Rage Thread #17
« Reply #210 on: January 22, 2017, 10:06:57 PM »
Why is it that, whenever I get a really good Stage 1 and 2 score, I always die to Exiled Doll?  :(

Just now was the most heartbreaking run of my Touhou career. Reached Stage 6 with five lives, and I think I was just so hyped at getting my first capture of Unremembered Crop, I kind of lost concentration and everything started killing me :( Reached the final 0/5, put up a decent fight, but by then, yeah, there was no way I was making it.

EDIT: And then late at night I decide to play a random credit and end up improving my Normal PB to 1-miss. Why is this in Rage and not Achievements? The miss was to Onbashira of all things....
« Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 01:41:31 AM by Mikuru »

« Reply #211 on: January 25, 2017, 07:27:54 PM »
I've been stuck on stage 1 of LoLK LNB for the past two days. I literally cannot NMNB it. If I don't die to Seiran's first boss non, I die to Eagle Has Been Shot right afterwards. Oh, I should just budget a death for stage 1? Well if I die on stage 1 I don't have enough power to do decently on stage 2, so it just snowballs from there. I should just give up the attempt. If I'm not consistent on stage 1, I'm not getting the run.

EDIT: I did end up taking a break, and I'm super happy I did! It just felt like such an insurmountable wall. I'll come back to this goal when I'm a better player. For now, I'll keep it in the back of my mind as something I eventually want to do, but I'm not ready for yet.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2017, 10:14:11 PM by CopperMarten »

RB

« Reply #212 on: January 29, 2017, 07:01:56 AM »
i hate ubddhists

« Reply #213 on: January 30, 2017, 11:26:52 PM »
I tried, okay? I tried...

But I just cant seem to get my IN Lunatic 1cc.  Its just a wall.

Its like the game got suddenly harder or something. Theres a TON of difficult sections, and not enough bombs. Note that I am the type that rarely dies without using bombs, rather, my problem is the opposite: I spam bombs WAY too much, even on not so hard sections, precisely because I am afraid of dying without using the bombs.

So I don't really know how to balance it. It isn't like I haven't been practicing- I practiced all stages and all of them have difficult sections on them, yes, even Stage 1.

Of course, I can NMNB it, but it requires MANY restarts and its driving me insane every time, I want to do an actual run. Screw you Wriggle. And I hate that Stage 1 section music now.

Stage 2 is annoying to route. I also hate Mystia. Her battle is just meh, and the 2nd non... what? Its just stupid.

Stage 3 is OK, I dunno how to do a few sections but a bomb or two solve that. Keine... is alright, I cant complain too much about her. For the most of the part I fare alright, with some luck.

Stage 4, stage section is OK, Reimu is difficult, but I actually enjoy her fight despise this, unlike the first 2 Stage bosses... I have no clue how to do the stage section after Reimu though, its a guaranteed Bomb/Death for me.

Stage 5 is actually fairly easy. With some luck at Tewi, and some of Reisen?s hard stuff, its actually a positive gain in resources...sort of.

Stage 6 (Final A)  shouldn't be very hard if I get there with like 2 lives. That requires a massively good run on all others stages though...

So far, my best is a game over at Mind Stopper. I did not even die with bombs or anything, nor did I ever deathbomb (2 bombs), so no wasted bombs... Yeah, idk what to do.
Maybe this is a little out of my league for now. Maybe I should focus on something else.

I guess I was not ready for this yet. Or maybe Solo Alice really sucks that much. Yeah, lets blame Alice instead. You really suck as a shottype, Alice :D Its almost like trying to do the game with you its a difficulty above Lunatic or something...it certainly feels like that, in comparison to my Border Team Lunatic 1cc...

But nah, I am probably the one that sucks lmao.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2017, 11:35:46 PM by IlikeBulletZ »

Shikigami101

• Training at full force!
« Reply #214 on: February 01, 2017, 06:51:59 PM »
Sadly I don't have anything to prove it, but while trying to 1cc lunatic in PCB I literally died at Yuyuko's last spell ("Resurrection Butterfly -80% Reflowering-") when the timer showed 0.
I swear, in that few seconds I wanted to thrash my keyboard.
...But I retried and luckily did it the same day. Yay!
Hard clears: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC, LoLK, HSiFS
Lunatic clears: PoFV, MoF, HSiFS
Extra stages: EoSD, PCB (+ Phantasm), IN, PoFV, MoF, UFO, TD, DDC, LoLK, HSiFS
owo

« Reply #215 on: February 14, 2017, 10:07:30 PM »
First serious attempt at EoSD Lunatic:

Run ended at scarlet meister.

I thought "Well, considering I really haven't practiced this game that much, I need a bit more practice and the next time I will probably get it!"

Second serious attempt:

Went into Stage 4 with like 5 lives... That was a WAY better early game than my First attempt. NMNB both stage 1 as usual, and stage 2 for the first time ever.

And yet somehow I lost the run at the non previous to Scarlet meister... of course, the fact that I died at Remilia?s opener with THREE FREAKING BOMBS probably had something to do with it. Might have a chance, a small one, but a chance to actually clear if it was not for that.

I hate those blue bullets, they are like 110% hitbox. Something seems off about them. They cheat lol.

Tomorrow is the third attempt... I SHOULD clear by then!
« Last Edit: February 14, 2017, 10:13:47 PM by IlikeBulletZ »

« Reply #216 on: February 17, 2017, 01:18:26 AM »
So I figured I'd take on UFO, to round off my normal 1cc tour of the series. My first attempt actually went surprisingly well: despite a poor showing in stage 4 and an even worse performance against midboss Nazrin, I managed to pull off a surprisingly decent Shou fight, and made it into stage 6 without completely running out of lives.

...And then, as soon as stage 6 started and the orbs showed up, I just casually walked into a bullet and died. And then I did it again about five seconds later, resulting in a very embarrassing game over. Did ZUN deliberately design UFOs with the intent of making them deathtraps for easily-distracted players, or did that just sort of happen?

Chill Observer

• Aimless fanatic
  • haHAA
« Reply #217 on: February 20, 2017, 08:36:08 AM »
LoLK hard no bomb practice is destroying me...

On Seiran I do fine. Other than messing up the safespot on the 2nd non or Lunatic Gun occasionally.

On Ringo the nonspells screw me over more often than not. I do die an annoying amount of times on September Full Moon than I should be, though.

On Doremy once again it's the nons, especially the second one. Azure Dream Catcher is by far the worst attack she has. I came up with my own route for Ultramarine Lunatic Dream which seems to work.

On Sagume the second non is pretty weird, I've managed to route all of the other ones well enough. Disorderly Flock's Reverse Curse is incredibly bullshit, I don't know how to do this one. I also get sniped on One-Winged White Heron quite frequently, even though the safespots are supposedly static.

On Clownpiece, let's just say the only attacks I can get through consistently are Eclipse of Hell, Striped Abyss and Apollo Hoax Theory, and that's only because those ones are entirely routable. All of the others straight up murder me.

I still haven't practiced Junko enough. Right now even stuff like Trembling, Shivering Star can kill me.

If there's one positive out of all this, at least stages are very easy with Reimu. I just don't like killing bosses with her, especially taking power loss into account.
Retired Touhou player. Not involved with anything Touhou anymore.

« Reply #218 on: February 28, 2017, 01:39:31 AM »
I just lost a LoLK LNB that made it to Junko with max lives. Still not sure how I managed to fuck it up so badly.

Video: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/125110013
« Last Edit: February 28, 2017, 01:55:19 AM by CopperMarten »

« Reply #219 on: February 28, 2017, 01:31:13 PM »

Chill Observer

• Aimless fanatic
  • haHAA
« Reply #220 on: March 16, 2017, 10:04:57 AM »
I did a MPP Extra 5 miss no bomb within an hour of starting attempts as my first ever clear.

BUT THE REPLAY DESYNCED ON THE 8TH SPELL

DANMAKUFU PLS

I'm actually fucking salty as hell.

EDIT: Well... I got a replay that works now, and I PBed (2MNB).
« Last Edit: March 19, 2017, 03:35:25 AM by Satori Komeijist »

« Reply #221 on: March 17, 2017, 12:35:22 AM »
Disorderly Flock's Reverse Curse is incredibly bullshit, I don't know how to do this one
Join the club and share the suffering. I've just given up.

« Reply #222 on: March 18, 2017, 08:08:17 PM »
Yknow, Seija's fight as a whole just stresses me out to the point where I dont even wanna play DDC anymore
Which is a shame because other than that i really like DDC..

RB

« Reply #223 on: April 18, 2017, 05:06:23 AM »
losing a LFS timeout at the last second because your good-for-nothing useless mother decides to interrupt you

I'm fucking livid, I've never had a vocal reaction in a long time. probably the most angry I've ever been while playing touhou, don't think losing a LoLK LNN to PDH would top this because this spell at its final phase is fucking ASS

Chill Observer

• Aimless fanatic
  • haHAA
« Reply #224 on: April 18, 2017, 09:18:28 AM »
I HATE TLC EXTRA

That is all.

« Reply #225 on: May 05, 2017, 03:18:07 AM »
(Disclaimer: This one rant will probably be LONG and might not make too much sense. You have been warned)

So about the recent PCB LNNN attempts:

It seems the 3 Miss was actually kind of a fluke, because I literally haven't gotten further than Stage 4 in the attempts after that one.

This is how a typical day of LNNN attempts go:

Stage 1: No real problem here.  In the rare case I die its just due to messing around and I only lose like 1 min so w/e
Stage 2: Stage section behaves nice, much like Stage 1. Chen, for the most of the part, is also niceish, except for the final, which has ended some runs- Usually I manage to get past it though.
Stage 3: The MOST annoying for LNNN in my opinion. Its just far enough that a restart would hurt, and NOT far enough that I don't feel its any sort of accomplishment to get to that point in the first place. And Alice is a major annoyance, more than I though she would be (More on that latter). Almost no runs get past this stage.
Stage 4: The few runs that get here usually die anticlimatically to some easy Stage section for some reason. Today a run died at the Red streaming section before the Deathfairy of all things...

There was some guy who said Alice was the hardest boss in the game for him. I initially honestly though that was sort of ridiculous. Well, after a lot of LNNN grinding... Alice freaking Margatroid is, if not the hardest, definitively the MOST ANNOYING FIGHT in the entire game.

Think that makes no sense?

Lets see each boss?s "Dangerous, potential run enders" then.

Letty: lolno.
Chen: Final Spellcard.
Prismrivers: 2nd Non (For Reimu Anyway), Concerto Grosso.
Youmu: First Spellcard, 2nd to last spellcard, Last spellcard.
Yuyuko: Final Spellcard

Alice actually has a fair amount of dangerous attacks when you think about it. Common offenders are:

1) Her mid-boss spell.
2) Her opener.
2) Her First Spell.
3) Her last spell.

...Now heres the kicker, all of those, individually, are not really that bad. But when you do the whole thing on a LNNN, theres suddenly this bunch of potential run enders together in one place, a place that happens to be about the middle of the game and that if just ONE of them gets you you have to restart the easy S1&2 AGAIN.... THATS when I understood, Alice actually has 4 dangerous attacks in her fight... that's more than every other boss in the game, thus technically making her the hardest.

Alice CONFIRMED for hardest boss in the game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay maybe not. But shes the reason almost all of my runs don't even reach Stage 4 and I am starting to hate her lmao.

The strange thing is that it isn't that I need to practice Stage 3 more- After getting fed up with yet another run ending at Stage 3, I decided to Stage Practice it- I perfected it all no problem... wth.

« Reply #226 on: May 05, 2017, 04:13:51 AM »
The strange thing is that it isn't that I need to practice Stage 3 more- After getting fed up with yet another run ending at Stage 3, I decided to Stage Practice it- I perfected it all no problem... wth.
Oh, I know that feeling, in any game. I'll often be able to do well/perfect when practicing something, but when it comes time for the real deal, it's often choke city. I bet it has to do with the anxiousness/nervousness that tends to occur during on a real run.

« Reply #227 on: May 09, 2017, 04:46:39 AM »
Screw Stage 2, Screw Chen, Screw her last spell, Screw Stage 3, Screw Alice, Screw her Mid-Boss spellcard, Screw the post-Mid Boss section, Screw her opener, Screw her last...

But ESPECIALLY SCREW YOU STAGE 1 for making me waste 4 minutes doing essentiality NOTHING every single time I die to any of the above. Its the BIGGEST WASTE OF TIME.

At least as annoying as Chen is, she has a small but real chance of killing me which makes it kinda interesting. Stage 1 does not, and its only fuction is to act as filler every single time I die at any point beyond it.

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #228 on: May 15, 2017, 03:10:57 AM »
Screw Stage 2, Screw Chen, Screw her last spell, Screw Stage 3, Screw Alice, Screw her Mid-Boss spellcard, Screw the post-Mid Boss section, Screw her opener, Screw her last...

But ESPECIALLY SCREW YOU STAGE 1 for making me waste 4 minutes doing essentiality NOTHING every single time I die to any of the above. Its the BIGGEST WASTE OF TIME.

At least as annoying as Chen is, she has a small but real chance of killing me which makes it kinda interesting. Stage 1 does not, and its only fuction is to act as filler every single time I die at any point beyond it.

Stage practice

RB

« Reply #229 on: May 15, 2017, 01:01:18 PM »
reminder that consistency is unpossible

usually nothing in stage practice happens in real runs xDDDDD

HistoryoftheMoon

« Reply #230 on: May 15, 2017, 03:19:22 PM »
In both MoF and PCB, I managed to lose to the final spell in a Normal 1CC attempt. The MoF one was a lot closer and crazy, while I'd only been practicing PCB for a week or so on the latter, but still, it sucked.

Ah well. Losing a run to Kanako's last spell is basically a Touhou tradition. The run after, I managed to go the first 5 stages without losing a single life, entering Stage 6 with 7 lives, and then won with 2 lives left over. PCB's was also salt-inducing, but nearly as much, and I managed to beat it 2 tries later.

Fortunately, nothing as obnoxious as that happened on my IN, LoLK (pointdevice yay), or DDC Normal 1CCs.

« Reply #231 on: May 15, 2017, 06:29:01 PM »
UFO lunatic no bomb:I apparently capture Legendary Flying Saucer, raise my hand in the air, shouting YESSSS!.Then immediately i put my hands back in the keyboard, shouting NOOOOOOOOOOO, but it was too late. I died during LFS slowdown.....and gameovered

« Reply #232 on: May 16, 2017, 12:33:06 AM »
Stage practice

Errr...

No offense but....

I am going for an LNNN so I am pretty sure I already know about Stage Practice.

And after a certain point it really does not help anymore. I can perfect most of the stages individually about 8 times out of 10 in average, but when doing them all in sequence SOMETHING is almost always going to inevitably go horribly wrong at some point or another...

Today, nothing special happened. The same crap as always, some runs die to Chen?s final, most die to Alice, and only 1 got past her and proceed to die at some Post Lily Spam leftover, which admittedly was my own fault.

Not like it mattered because I continued with the 1 Miss anyway and then I got killed by absolutely TERRIBLE RNG on Concerto Grosso so whatever, run was doomed from the start.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2017, 12:39:35 AM by ILikeBulletZ »

RB

« Reply #233 on: May 17, 2017, 02:05:44 PM »
(delete this post, I accidentally posted it in the wrong thread >_>)

where I meant to post
« Last Edit: May 18, 2017, 12:35:49 AM by RB »

« Reply #234 on: May 19, 2017, 02:08:47 AM »
Boundary of Humans and Youkai can DIE IN ALL THE FIRES.

« Reply #235 on: May 24, 2017, 01:12:51 AM »
Please send help... I think I am slowly going insane from all the Stage 1 repetition...

In really bad days I swear I see it more time than the whole rest of the game.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2017, 01:16:21 AM by ILikeBulletZ »

RB

« Reply #236 on: May 24, 2017, 11:24:22 AM »
Please send help... I think I am slowly going insane from all the Stage 1 repetition...

In really bad days I swear I see it more time than the whole rest of the game.
at least its not lolk stage 1 which is actually threatening and the stage portion drags on for 2 fuckING MINUTES

« Reply #237 on: May 29, 2017, 11:21:02 PM »
FUCKING UFO LUNATIC.

Seriously, I can sometimes perfect Stage 1 with luck, but the other stages are hell

Lollipop

• stay woke
  • literally and figuratively dying
« Reply #238 on: May 30, 2017, 03:54:02 AM »
>open sa

>die to kisume

>close sa
Touhou 1CCS:
Hard: LLS, EoSD(NB), PCB(NB), IN, MoF, TD, DDC(NB), LoLK
Lunatic: EoSD, PCB, DDC, LoLK
Extra: LLS, EoSD, PCB(Extra&Phantasm), IN, MoF, SA, DDC, LoLK
Current Focus: 1cc SA Hard, or an Extra

« Reply #239 on: June 05, 2017, 07:35:29 PM »
Why do I find MoF so hard. There's just something about it which makes me way more likely to die stupidly, and I don't know what it is but I'd like it to stop.