Author Topic: THE GAME CHEATED!! - Touhou Rage Thread #17  (Read 111539 times)

Re: THE GAME CHEATED!! - Touhou Rage Thread #17
« Reply #120 on: August 12, 2016, 11:04:41 PM »
Oh. Oh, that's painful, and so relatable. Same thing happened in Ten Desires Extra once.
Still count that as a win, though.:P
Technically I failed, so I didn't win. Like I said a good game is a good game.

Monarda

• Tactician that has a soft spot for cuteness.
  • Art by Amibazh
« Reply #121 on: August 12, 2016, 11:05:05 PM »
Ow, which Character and shot type ?

« Reply #122 on: August 12, 2016, 11:49:05 PM »
Ow, which Character and shot type ?
ReimuA

Jimmy

• Shameless spender
  • gaining big pounds
« Reply #123 on: August 17, 2016, 01:17:16 PM »
Those kinds of last-second deaths just before completing a stage are indeed truly nerve-wrecking.
I remember when I just got into DDC Normal and ran right into an orb just at the moment Shinmyoumaru's last spell broke.  :X

Also, Byakuren on Normal is still a royal pain. I pretty much always manage to enter stage 6 with at least 4 extra lives in stock as of late, and then Byakuren just decides to take all or most of them. My UFO Normal 1cc's are still extremely rusty, with me stumbling away with no extra life left, no matter what player and shottype I use.
Normal 1cc: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, UFO, TD, DDC, LoLK Legacy, HSiFS, WBaWC
Hard 1cc: IN, DDC, HSiFS
Extra clears: MoF, DDC, HSiFS, WBaWC

Goals: Going Extra Hard!

Neptune

• :D
  • kms
« Reply #124 on: August 20, 2016, 03:28:13 AM »
Why am I so bad at DDC???

I've gotten so many game over's on Sukuna's timeout spellcard, it's not even funny.

Using Sakuya B makes me really angry. I hate this shot type more than SA Marisa C and UFO Marisa B.

I know that it's not as bad as Marisa C in SA but mehhh

i like cute stuff

Jimmy

• Shameless spender
  • gaining big pounds
« Reply #125 on: August 20, 2016, 09:37:32 PM »
[attach=1]
I WAS SO CLOSE  :colonveeplusalpha:

PS: The FPS is so low because the replay lagged right at the moment I took the screenshot

« Last Edit: August 20, 2016, 09:44:53 PM by Jimmy »
Normal 1cc: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, UFO, TD, DDC, LoLK Legacy, HSiFS, WBaWC
Hard 1cc: IN, DDC, HSiFS
Extra clears: MoF, DDC, HSiFS, WBaWC

Goals: Going Extra Hard!

Chill Observer

• Aimless fanatic
  • haHAA
« Reply #126 on: August 21, 2016, 09:49:42 PM »
Why am I so bad at DDC???

I've gotten so many game over's on Sukuna's timeout spellcard, it's not even funny.

Using Sakuya B makes me really angry. I hate this shot type more than SA Marisa C and UFO Marisa B.

I know that it's not as bad as Marisa C in SA but mehhh
Literally nothing is worse than this shot lol, I've never had so much trouble with normal mode until now.
Retired Touhou player. Not involved with anything Touhou anymore.

« Reply #127 on: August 22, 2016, 04:43:54 AM »
Decided I'd try out Phantasmagoria of Imagine Breaker because these days the fangames hold my interest more than the canon ones.

It ran at 40 FPS.

-sigh-

I really need a new computer.

Neptune

• :D
  • kms
« Reply #128 on: August 23, 2016, 08:26:33 PM »
Y'know, I think MS is actually a good game. Yumeko is a pretty fun fight, and Yuki and Mai aren't too bad as well. I like all of the characters and the music is amazing.

However, I really hate the stage portions of Stage 4 and 5. Stage 4 in particular. It hurts my eyes and I've had so many times where I've died because I couldn't see the bullet that hit me. Why did ZUN think this was a good idea?  :V This stage alone makes me not want to play the game. >.>

Stage 5 is a bit better but I still dislike it.  :getdown:

i like cute stuff

« Reply #129 on: August 23, 2016, 08:40:38 PM »
Y'know, I think MS is actually a good game. Yumeko is a pretty fun fight, and Yuki and Mai aren't too bad as well. I like all of the characters and the music is amazing.

However, I really hate the stage portions of Stage 4 and 5. Stage 4 in particular. It hurts my eyes and I've had so many times where I've died because I couldn't see the bullet that hit me. Why did ZUN think this was a good idea?  :V This stage alone makes me not want to play the game. >.>

Stage 5 is a bit better but I still dislike it.  :getdown:
MS stage 4 get a bit easier when you memorize how the little white bullets are fired so you don't need to search them in that messy background, I found stage 5 fun though with that costant bullet spam and the also costant pressure that having to be ready when the blue faries fire at you with aimed bullets, what I "hate" are Yumeko's aimed attacks they are too much bullets fired to much quick in my opinion so most of the times I end losing most of my resources on her

« Reply #130 on: August 25, 2016, 05:00:54 AM »
Attempted a no-bombs Phantasmagoria Trues Standard Unseen 1CC.

Died at the third-last attack.

I was doing really well for most of the run, too. Captured some stuff I never thought I would (hello, Eternal Horizon), flew straight through solid walls on multiple occasions, generally did very well all throughout. Made a couple of bad mistakes and those cost me the run. What really gets me is, I was one attack away from an extend to deal with the last two attacks, and the third-last attack isn't even particularly hard.

sigh.

Think I should probably go to bed now.  :fail:

KingofBaka

• The Strongest!
  • and the Dumbest!
« Reply #131 on: August 25, 2016, 10:24:40 PM »

Double Kills aren't fun :colonveeplusalpha:

Normal 1cc: IN,EoSD,MoF,PCB,LoLK-P(403 Retries(Hope to Improve))
Extra Clear:PCB
ISC: All Stages Clear !

Chill Observer

• Aimless fanatic
  • haHAA
« Reply #132 on: August 26, 2016, 01:34:18 AM »
I hate Fairy Wars. It's such a dumb game and makes me feel frustrated every time I play it. Partially due to controls, and also due to the ice mechanic itself.

What's more is that every time I always either game over on the fairy trio boss fight or 1cc with many lives to spare. There never seems to be any inbetween.

I can't wait to do this game's extra.

« Reply #133 on: August 26, 2016, 02:26:15 AM »
I can't wait to do this game's extra.
I see a hint of masochism here

« Reply #134 on: August 26, 2016, 08:03:15 PM »
Legacy of Lunatic Kingdom.

What. What even is this.

I'm a Lunatic player who just got her ass handed to her on LoLK Normal.

I literally just bought this game and I'm just...nope. Done. Not even interested in learning the game, because these patterns are just straight-up not fun.

Don't know what I'm going to do now. Back to no-bomb Phantasmagoria Trues I guess, unless there's some other fangame that's playable for me and worth my time to try. (suggestions welcome on that)

Lollipop

• stay woke
  • literally and figuratively dying
« Reply #135 on: August 26, 2016, 08:09:48 PM »
Legacy of Lunatic Kingdom.

What. What even is this.

I'm a Lunatic player who just got her ass handed to her on LoLK Normal.

I literally just bought this game and I'm just...nope. Done. Not even interested in learning the game, because these patterns are just straight-up not fun.

Everything is decently okay until Clownpiece, which is where the difficulty goes through the roof and only gets harder from there on. Use Reisen, she has the best bomb.
Touhou 1CCS:
Hard: LLS, EoSD(NB), PCB(NB), IN, MoF, TD, DDC(NB), LoLK
Lunatic: EoSD, PCB, DDC, LoLK
Extra: LLS, EoSD, PCB(Extra&Phantasm), IN, MoF, SA, DDC, LoLK
Current Focus: 1cc SA Hard, or an Extra

« Reply #136 on: August 26, 2016, 08:18:35 PM »
Everything is decently okay until Clownpiece, which is where the difficulty goes through the roof and only gets harder from there on. Use Reisen, she has the best bomb.
I know, lol. Thought it was obvious, but yes I meant Clownpiece.

Reisen reminded me too much of SA!MarisaC, and I don't like low-power shots in general, though I guess that makes sense since Reisen gets three hits to Nitori's one. Still, though, it just feels...off, to me. Like I'm playing out of my element.

I've come to realize a long time ago that if a game isn't fun to play, it's just not worth my time. LoLK isn't fun to play for me, and Reisen less so. Simple as that.

Chill Observer

• Aimless fanatic
  • haHAA
« Reply #137 on: August 26, 2016, 08:29:16 PM »
This game on higher difficulties has quite fun patterns though. Were you trying out no-bomb runs?

Lollipop

• stay woke
« Reply #138 on: August 26, 2016, 08:29:35 PM »
First attempt at IN Lunatic, made it to mid-stage 4.

Also, my reaction time is dangerously delayed. I dodged a wave of bullets perfectly, and half a second later, I bomb.  :V

Touhou 1CCS:

« Reply #139 on: August 26, 2016, 09:09:39 PM »
Also, my reaction time is dangerously delayed. I dodged a wave of bullets perfectly, and half a second later, I bomb.  :V

It happens every time

« Reply #140 on: August 26, 2016, 09:11:44 PM »
Don't know what I'm going to do now. Back to no-bomb Phantasmagoria Trues I guess, unless there's some other fangame that's playable for me and worth my time to try. (suggestions welcome on that)

Have you tried Shining Shooting Star? I love this game so much, it feels just as good as the main games, and has some amazing music.

« Reply #141 on: August 27, 2016, 12:55:59 AM »
I almost just got a first try  1cc in pcb until of course on yuyuko's timeout spell i died with 9 seconds left and 20 more points till my next life. overall the run couldve been better like losing a life or 2 to stage 2 and 4  fairies. welp gg for now....

?q

• Lurking librarian
  • and moe sound effect
« Reply #142 on: August 27, 2016, 01:20:12 AM »
Magical Singular Day.  Dooooo eeeeet.

Chill Observer

• Aimless fanatic
  • haHAA
« Reply #143 on: August 28, 2016, 08:02:20 AM »
[attachimg=1]

Ugh. The worst part of this run was that 3 of my deaths were due to crashing into stage fairies blindly.

I thought TD hard would be easy, but it turns out it's quite the frustrating game to deal with...

Ima

« Reply #144 on: August 28, 2016, 11:16:18 AM »
I decided to do a random EoSD credit and then died to YDL three times in a row, it was so hilarious that I didn't even rage  :V

« Reply #145 on: August 29, 2016, 03:36:53 PM »
Game overed at SSS stage 5 on Lunatic. Was actually pretty decent for a first Lunatic attempt, but what made it really heartbreaking was the 11/12 life pieces 3/4 bomb pieces and about to pick up a resource right when I got hit.  :(

« Reply #146 on: August 29, 2016, 11:21:26 PM »
So my copy of Great fairy Wars came in today so i inserted the disc, installed, all that. This game is very frustrating .... it doesn't seem terribly hard but the controls are stupid...i cant even get past stage 1 on hard at most i make it to the boss lol. its the charging and shooting button being the same that throws me off and make it hard to dodge. it was one of the things i hated the most about POFV but it wasnt as bad as cirno is pretty fast so not a good combination.

Sakurei

• Banned
  • Frequently repeated unapologetic hostility
    • My Blog
« Reply #147 on: August 30, 2016, 07:15:12 AM »
So my copy of Great fairy Wars came in today so i inserted the disc, installed, all that. This game is very frustrating .... it doesn't seem terribly hard but the controls are stupid...i cant even get past stage 1 on hard at most i make it to the boss lol. its the charging and shooting button being the same that throws me off and make it hard to dodge. it was one of the things i hated the most about POFV but it wasnt as bad as cirno is pretty fast so not a good combination.

You can shoot with C and not charge if tapping Z bothers you. Clearing GFW is mostly getting used to the freeze mechanics. You get a lot of bomb and lives even if you're playing badly.

Lollipop

• stay woke
« Reply #148 on: September 01, 2016, 11:17:59 PM »
I heavily overestimated invincibility times in DDC, causing me to die three times on Benben's lasers.
Touhou 1CCS:

Chill Observer

• Aimless fanatic
  • haHAA
« Reply #149 on: September 02, 2016, 09:56:08 AM »
[attachimg=1]

Okay, what in the hell is ZUN thinking when he thought Marisa shouldn't be able to shoot while using Master Spark? :V
This game is quite difficult as her even on normal... I'm still trying though.