~Hakurei Shrine~ > Help Me, Eirin!

THE GAME CHEATED!! - Touhou Rage Thread #17

(1/60) > >>

Mero:
Spoiler: If I remember right, 1000 replies was supposed to be bump limit, so...Last thread.

This is the place where you complain about cute anime girls and/or try to convince others you didn't just die to something dumb.

I recently got back to playing DDC. Fun game, or at least it is when you're not rusty as fuck, Kagerou decides to shit on you and leaves you with no lives and you die to a stray laser in stage 4

Mino ☆:
"The game cheated"

Just like the FineBros, I have trademarked that phrase
I will be taking you to court for stealing my line.

--

Anywaaaaaaaaay. UFO has been giving me lots of pain recently. Ichirin is hard.

Mr Jovial:
Grinded runs for ~3 hours because I couldn't get a decent stage 1. Got off stage 1 once in that time but that run was completely awful. I had 4 deaths and was on Keine so I just gave up. Then finally get another run to go past stage 1. Mediocre stage 1, terrible stages 2 and 3 (I must have dropped 13-14k time by this point...), bad stage 4, bad stage 5, good stage 6 until I failed half past 4 again. Seriously have no idea what the fuck I'm supposed to do with half past 4 because apparently almost 1500 captures of it in practice isn't enough to cap it once in a run. Really haven't got a clue how to fix it, I can do it fully reaction based or just time the movement to get out of the centre in practice with basically no trouble. In runs, I'm always either too early if predicting, too late if reacting and if I do manage to get the right timing, I don't move far enough. Someone please tell me how I can get out of this hole and cap it in a run because I now have almost no motivation to play. I've now gotten to the point where I get extremely nervous when getting to half past 4 and that ruins my timing even more. I have no idea why I was so nervous on this run because whether I capped it or not, it's a terrible score for me.

The run ended 4.94b, glad I spent so long for that train wreck.

Sakurei:

--- Quote from: Mr Jovial on February 06, 2016, 01:46:05 PM ---Someone please tell me how I can get out of this hole and cap it in a run because I now have almost no motivation to play. I've now gotten to the point where I get extremely nervous when getting to half past 4 and that ruins my timing even more. I have no idea why I was so nervous on this run because whether I capped it or not, it's a terrible score for me.
--- End quote ---

Play a different category or a different game altogether. Take a break. If you're at a point where everything is just a painful and slow grind and you don't think you're close, then it's best to try something else (or maybe not play at all at least for a while).

Mr Jovial:

--- Quote from: Sakurei on February 06, 2016, 02:25:23 PM ---Play a different category or a different game altogether. Take a break. If you're at a point where everything is just a painful and slow grind and you don't think you're close, then it's best to try something else (or maybe not play at all at least for a while).

--- End quote ---
Thanks for the suggestion but I basically just came out of a period where I was barely playing. Got a total of 16 clears in December/January and didn't play on most days simply because I had no motivation. Hourai Jewel is giving me that motivation right now and I'm gonna try and do fewer clears but learn/improve my route since I guess a better potential score will give me motivation. I don't think I'm far from a PB either, or at least I wasn't before. In November got a mean score of 5.28b but Dec/Jan both were 5.15b. Also, I rust really easily so I don't think a break is a good idea.

I ended up brute forcing Half Past 4; did 130 captures of it in practice and finally capped it in a run. Sad part is I basically stopped caring about everything except Half Past 4 for that run. Skipped most of the practice I do before a run (which cost me a First Pyramid capture and meant I  did poorly on Firefly Phenomenon), kept going from a shoddy stage 1 and then didn't really care that the run was bad. The stages were all mediocre at best except for stage 5 which flopped a lot.  5 deaths total, run ended 5.11b. Oh well. Curse lifted and all that crap.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version