Author Topic: Anime Suggestions for a newcomer ?  (Read 27046 times)

Monarda

• Tactician that has a soft spot for cuteness.
  • Art by Amibazh
Re: Anime Suggestions for a newcomer ?
« Reply #60 on: March 31, 2016, 11:13:45 PM »
On the weekend i sure will.... wait.... weekend we will have a National Exam (Already ?!?!?! Last year it happened at october and everyone said that i should have requested a free year of school to my brother too, because my grade somehow was crazy high.)

Also, who's that person cosplaying on your avatar pic, Century ? Is that you ?

CenturyEgg

• Gentle older sister types are the best!
    • My world cosplay account
« Reply #61 on: March 31, 2016, 11:47:29 PM »
Lol yeah it is me.

Monarda

• Art by Amibazh
« Reply #62 on: April 01, 2016, 12:38:52 AM »
Wow that is neat ! I don't know who is that, maybe Yuugi ? Dunno, have null knowledge on those games.

And... i know this sounds a bit odd, yet i'm curious.... what gender are you, i mean, not that i have anything against any sex, i mean, ehh, you don't need to answer if it bothers you, sorry !
« Last Edit: April 01, 2016, 12:43:12 AM by Starlighthawk »

« Reply #63 on: April 01, 2016, 04:09:04 AM »
Yep it's Yuugi. I recommend looking her up on touhou wiki to know more about her.
My old avatars: Old ass turtle, Unzan - Second and Current Avatar by the talented Aoshi-shi

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #64 on: April 01, 2016, 04:25:49 AM »
It says they're male right on the sidebar.
(also I think CenturyEgg is just messing with you)
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

CenturyEgg

« Reply #65 on: April 01, 2016, 09:49:13 AM »
At the risk of going offtopic haha yes I am male and I crossplay. It is Yuugi and it is my cosplay.

Edit: here is proof haha
http://m.worldcosplay.net/member/19999
« Last Edit: April 01, 2016, 10:23:31 AM by CenturyEgg »

Monarda

• Art by Amibazh
« Reply #66 on: April 01, 2016, 06:53:32 PM »
Amazing ! I thought before of getting into cosplay, but then i changed my mind, don`t think i`m fit for that.

And i was absurdly nervous after i made that question (As if no one had noticed), i fear a lot that i might have said something to unintentionally upset someone, yet i was so curious No, i`m not Chitanda nor am i related to her..... i think ? that i posted without thinking. Sorry for makinga bit of an unnecessary fuss.  :ohdear:

CenturyEgg

« Reply #67 on: April 02, 2016, 05:13:10 AM »
Lol no worries, it is a legit question i guess. April 1st makes everyone naturally suspicious haha.

Back on topic though, how was +stic nee-san haha? If you like stuff along those lines you can try watching danshi koukousei no nichijou (not to be confused with the equally great nichijou)

Spotty Len

• The Spottiest Len Around
  • Yuuka Master Race
« Reply #68 on: April 02, 2016, 10:40:55 PM »
Back on topic though, how was +stic nee-san haha? If you like stuff along those lines you can try watching danshi koukousei no nichijou (not to be confused with the equally great nichijou)
Agreed. As far as short skits comedy goes, this one is very good.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #69 on: April 14, 2016, 03:59:01 AM »
Incidentally I just finished Plastic Nee-San. Didn't like it that much. There were a few solid jokes but mostly it was just kind of slow and mean. The animation was high-energy though and it was short, so I wasn't out much for giving it a shot. But yeah, I didn't love it.
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

CenturyEgg

« Reply #70 on: April 14, 2016, 04:53:29 AM »
Incidentally I just finished Plastic Nee-San. Didn't like it that much. There were a few solid jokes but mostly it was just kind of slow and mean. The animation was high-energy though and it was short, so I wasn't out much for giving it a shot. But yeah, I didn't love it.

No worries haha, sometimes it is a matter of taste. I personally like two extreme ends of the spectrum when it comes to anime. Philosophical and introspective on one end, brain meltingly stupid on the other. Gyagu manga byori is also great for random brainmelt.

For a more serious toned suggestion though, Ghost in the shell is great. It is old as hell but wonderful in its own way.

Monarda

• Art by Amibazh
« Reply #71 on: April 15, 2016, 12:59:32 AM »
Will sure try !

I just finished Episode 26 of Nichijou..... i didn`t know it was the last one...... my heart is rather torn apart but happy. :,)   :smokedcheese:
I need something now...... but i have like a TON of suggestions......

So much to choose......

Mеа

• catnapping
  • three dots connect to rectangles
« Reply #72 on: April 15, 2016, 01:16:35 AM »
If you read manga, try Nukoduke. Since you like cute stuff, you'll like this one. It's diabetes-level cute, it's teeth-rotting level cute, it's the-bane-of-healthy-lifestyles level cute. And I know you keep mentioning that you like cute things, so go read it. One of my destress manga, and favorites.
Basically, sleepyhead owner finds two nukos - mini cat-human hybrids - abandoned in a cardboard box out in the rain one day and decides to adopt them as pets. Then follows their random tales of how adorable they are, how the owner and every other human hnnnnnngghs at them, how the nukos love their new owner, how cute the owner is, etc etc.
Naked expression; purple raspberry flavour

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #73 on: April 15, 2016, 01:23:00 AM »
I'm reading Chi's Sweet Home right now. My roommate got really into it recently, bought the whole thing, and now wants me to read it. It is pretty cute and if you like cat shit you'll probably like it a lot. It's fairly realistic cat shit though, so it reminds me a lot of his garbage cat that I hate.

CenturyEgg

« Reply #74 on: April 15, 2016, 02:38:44 AM »
Ito Junji no neko nikki is clearly the superior slice of life cat manga. Jokes aside if you have read any of his other works (warning for gore and horror), the cat diary manga is hilariously out of place.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #75 on: April 15, 2016, 02:48:04 AM »
I still haven't picked that up yet. I think it's actually the only translated Junji Ito story I haven't read, just because it got licensed fairly quickly and I haven't gotten around to buying it yet. Looks pretty good though. His slice of life manga actually might be technically his best writing. All of his autobiographical stuff is very good.

Mеа

• catnapping
  • three dots connect to rectangles
« Reply #76 on: April 15, 2016, 03:05:08 AM »
How'd I know someone was going to mention that. I checked it out for a little bit after reading through some of his random ones like that drr drr drr one, must not have stuck since I don't remember it much at all.
Of which btw, Junji Itoh's style is the polar opposite of what you'd consider cute, though it is a little endearing perhaps, and will likely not fit your criteria.
Naked expression; purple raspberry flavour

Monarda

• Art by Amibazh
« Reply #77 on: April 16, 2016, 02:05:23 PM »
Of which btw, Junji Itoh's style is the polar opposite of what you'd consider cute, though it is a little endearing perhaps, and will likely not fit your criteria.

Awww :(, and if i`m right there`s this anime that i think is based on Touhou called Mayoiga right ? (Ehh, i`m not really ready for that, i`m not even watching gameplays from Touhou +10. :V)

Delfigamer

• * Merry, bride, absolute (HR)
  • of course the best girl never wins
« Reply #78 on: April 16, 2016, 02:46:43 PM »
Awww :(, and if i`m right there`s this anime that i think is based on Touhou called Mayoiga right ? (Ehh, i`m not really ready for that, i`m not even watching gameplays from Touhou +10. :V)
It's based on Touhou to the same degree The Tale of Princess Kaguya (another suggestion BTW!) is based on Eientei story. As like, the only thing they have in common is the source.
Besides, Mayoiga is not even cute. I mean, a bunch of edgy teens hops on a ride to a ghost village, what could possibly go wrong?

The Jealous Witch did nothing wrong.

Monarda

• Art by Amibazh
« Reply #79 on: April 16, 2016, 02:54:08 PM »
I`m drowning in suggestions !!! Can`t i like develop an ability to split into two entities ? Please life ? (Hey... that would be pretty neat for more stuff actually ! Maybe someone should make a character with that.)

Also, how many Maribel and Renko pics does that signature have anyways ? You really like em huh ?

Delfigamer

• * Merry, bride, absolute (HR)
  • of course the best girl never wins
« Reply #80 on: April 16, 2016, 04:58:46 PM »
Also, how many Maribel and Renko pics does that signature have anyways ? You really like em huh ?
9 of them, along with one with Yukari and Kasen. Yes, I really like them. One could even say that I'm in RenMerry hell.

The Jealous Witch did nothing wrong.

« Reply #81 on: April 16, 2016, 05:14:02 PM »
If you're interested in mysteries then I would strongly recommend Higurashi no naku koro ni.

CenturyEgg

« Reply #82 on: April 16, 2016, 05:15:53 PM »
If you're interested in mysteries then I would strongly recommend Higurashi no naku koro ni.

If you are going to watch this you have to be comfortable with gore. And if you like that watch gakkou gurashi

Monarda

• Art by Amibazh
« Reply #83 on: April 16, 2016, 10:35:30 PM »
I`m kinda ok with gore, i can tolerate it better than unnecessarily big breasts and such. I`ll give it a try.
9 of them, along with one with Yukari and Kasen. Yes, I really like them. One could even say that I'm in RenMerry hell.
I`m going in blind on a Quest about them, i really like how they`re portrayed, being a Mini-Yukari must be so cool. Still sticking with my favorites though.

Edit: Nukoduke...... it`s so cute ! I want to pet them so bad. :3  :smokedcheese:  :*
« Last Edit: April 17, 2016, 02:33:49 AM by Starlighthawk »

[Y]oukai [J]esus

• "MotK's 1%" (?)
  • Idiot Deity 2013 - 2014 RIP
    • Muh Writings
« Reply #84 on: April 17, 2016, 08:30:45 AM »
Shin Gekijouban Evangelion
And
Shin Seiki Evangelion

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

<Nietz> Anyway, sex toys alone won't come up to 11k.
[18:48] <Warma> There must have been a new depth, where you've sunk as a person. Then you dug through that.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #85 on: April 17, 2016, 09:17:01 PM »
Shin Gekijouban Evangelion
And
Shin Seiki Evangelion

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

That's how I got into anime. The problem with that is that it's all downhill from there. Aside from maybe some additional peaks in Neon Genesis Evangelion 2:
Spoiler:
Aliens Still Did It
[/url] and Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann 2: How Does This Show Seriously Not Have ANY Giant Robots In It?.

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #86 on: April 17, 2016, 09:17:47 PM »
I have actually legit never heard NGE being called by its Japanese name before.

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann 2: How Does This Show Seriously Not Have ANY Giant Robots In It?.
It basically had the Daigurren in it. :V
« Last Edit: April 17, 2016, 09:20:07 PM by BT »

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #87 on: April 17, 2016, 09:18:57 PM »
EDIT: shit I meant to edit the last post and accidentally hit post, help