Author Topic: Touhou project cosplay  (Read 2763 times)

CenturyEgg

• Gentle older sister types are the best!
    • My world cosplay account
Touhou project cosplay
« on: January 25, 2016, 12:02:37 PM »
Hi, new guy here! I was directed here by tengukami and thought of starting up a cosplay discussion post where we can showcase, discuss and plan our projects together. Whether you're starting out with purchased costumes, or accustomed to making your own stuff feel free to post!

Just to start, anyone has anything planned for early this year? I'm thinking of debutting a costume for Momiji and Meiling somewhere at the end of the first quarter of 2016.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2016, 12:04:33 PM by CenturyEgg »

CenturyEgg

Re: Touhou project cosplay
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2016, 07:08:57 AM »
Gonna bump my own thread with an update, since my Reitaisai trip has been confirmed, I'm putting my other plans on hold to  work on my planned costume for Reitaisai. This particular design is from Warugaki, whom has kindly agreed to allow me to use it. (And hopefully surprise him in person)

http://i.imgur.com/muopg16.jpg

As with all costumes, the start of everything involves a rough sketch to identify all the base components of the costume that require attention. I like to go with a rough sketch to pen down ideas of the shapes of the individual fabric patterns needed for the costume (Also because I had quite abit of free time at work today).

http://i.imgur.com/Hkgk6Ka.jpg

I'll be shopping for fabric after work today, but I guess I'll be posting updates of this project here.

Once again, if anyone has other projects they want to share, please do post them here! And if anyone has comments on the WIP do voice it out cause I would definitely appreciate pointers if anyone wants to give them.

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2016, 02:51:03 PM »
If you're going to cosplay a Warugaki Tenshi, then you better make sure to get a picture with Helecopter, the official Warugaki Iku.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

CenturyEgg

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2016, 08:42:29 AM »
Understood! I am trying to get a sense of who will be at RTS in advance but that's for the other thread haha

CenturyEgg

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2016, 04:10:17 PM »
Anddd WIP update

I finally had some spare time to work on the pattern for my Tenshi costume, and altered the initial one I sketched out. Using scrap fabrics I made a few quick prototypes to test the fit and shape of the fabric on myself, which left me with this

The final pattern was then made before transferring and cutting out the pattern on some heavy satin I selected for the costume. I chose to add the pattern of the top to the skirt panels to eliminate the unsightly seam running across the waist (And also reduce the chance of misalignment of the seams). The skirt is far larger than anything I have attempted to make thus far and it makes me kinda nervous tbh.

Piecing together the pieces temporarily allowed me to test fit it and mark out the points which needed darting and shifting. The pattern I made was a little too large but I think the general shape is satisfactory. I will take apart this apart to add all the detailing and swirls on the skirt before re-stitching the panels back together. So far I think progress is good for now and I'm really liking the sheen and weight of the fabric. After the main dress is done, I'll have to start on her hat as well as the sword of Hisou.

edit: To prevent me from spamming this thread with my posts I'm gonna move subsequent WIP reporting to my Lettyjournal. Probably help to streamline the posts here a little. But if anyone is working of stuff or has stuff done before do share! I hope there are still active cosplayers on MoTK haha  :yukkuri:
« Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 04:31:03 PM by CenturyEgg »