Author Topic: MMORPG - Blade and Soul by NCSoft - Free to play  (Read 27939 times)

Zerviscos

• Infinite Bread Chewing Powers! Activate!
  • Om nom nom nom nom nom*
Re: MMORPG - Blade and Soul by NCSoft - Free to play - 19 January
« Reply #60 on: February 03, 2016, 01:39:33 AM »
I'm curious how much "censoring" actually affected this game in the first two acts because it's tearing me apart as-is in Act II. (I'm trying not to spoiler myself so I'll look back after I finish the main story if/when that happens).
Act 3 is where it gets reallllll confusing, especially if you read quests. Lol.

Twitter | Steam | Battle.net[Zerviscos#1833]

« Reply #61 on: February 03, 2016, 11:22:09 AM »
Also, I tried crafting gems for the first time yesterday.  Wasted 50 silver before I actually got a successful transmute.
What a terrible system.  Who thought that would be a good idea?

Get them from the Market Place, especially the Shining Pentagon stones can get really expensive with many fails. (You need 5 Soulstones to role once, which is about 1g50s market value)

If you can craft Diamond Gems, don't waste your Pentagon fragments on the other Shiny Stones, craft the baggys and sell them. You can get ~5g each.
You could also open it and get a +25 Attackpower Diamond Gem, which sells for ~30g (or more) but the chance to get it is low.
Next patch will bring new Gem Crafting stuff. You will be able to craft Shiny Hexagon Gems, and the Diamond +35 Attackpower Gem will be worth several hundred gold. (Also costs ~5g+ to craft)
« Last Edit: February 03, 2016, 12:47:22 PM by Dorakyura »

« Reply #62 on: February 03, 2016, 05:11:57 PM »
help the quests made me feel an emotion

Spoiler:
No wonder Hajoon was so urgent about reading his letters...

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #63 on: February 03, 2016, 08:34:23 PM »
help the quests made me feel an emotion

Spoiler:
No wonder Hajoon was so urgent about reading his letters...

Spoiler:
Ye that was quite a sad moment. Especially with that b**** betraying everybody

Tbh they should not have shown storyline characters in the loading screens before you actually got introduced with them at least once. It kind of feels major spoiler.
Spoiler:
Like Namsoyoo in alternative outfit and that face

Silent Harmony

• Everybody needs the Pharmarcy
  • Justice never dies!
Re: MMORPG - Blade and Soul by NCSoft - Free to play
« Reply #64 on: February 03, 2016, 09:56:07 PM »
Spoiler:
It's a nice detail that if you do the questline again on an alt, especially if you are a class that doesn't have him make it obvious that he's sick (Summoner does a good job at this) you notice things like his skin gets paler and the darkness around his eyes slowly grows more prominent with each meeting. It's something I completely overlooked my first character (Summoner) and thus that last meeting hit harder than it probably would've had I leveled, say, a Destroyer instead.

1CC List (all shmups)
League of Legends / Battle.net: Harmony11(#1694)

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #65 on: February 03, 2016, 10:07:20 PM »
gamble crates

Are now in the game.

:|

Silent Harmony

• Everybody needs the Pharmarcy
  • Justice never dies!
« Reply #66 on: February 04, 2016, 12:12:14 AM »
I have no problem with gamble crates so long as you have an alternative option to purchase the items within. Having a costume that you can only get via gambling reminds me too much of why I stopped playing gatcha games like Love Live. I'd prefer it to be more like a gambling bundle, where it costs no more than the worst-case scenario (with the percentages adjusted accordingly) but every item within can be purchased separately. It's not like the items in the crate aside from the costume are bad either from what I've heard, it'd still be worth it.

1CC List (all shmups)
League of Legends / Battle.net: Harmony11(#1694)

« Reply #67 on: February 04, 2016, 02:44:19 AM »
Spoiler:
words

Spoiler:
I know, when I saw his eyes getting darker, initially I was all "whoa you okay there, buddy?" though with my potato of a laptop, I'm surprised I noticed even that much.

speaking of Summoner and Hajoon, he did call me one, despite the fact I'm a tiny fox with a tiny sword.
Asking your friend to wear your clothes after you die is a little wierd, but whatever. There could have been stranger quest rewards.

Edible

« Reply #68 on: February 04, 2016, 01:11:49 PM »
So, my guild on Poharan collapsed.  I guess I should find somewhere else to go, and maybe faction transfer so I can actually do dailies.

I have no problem with gamble crates so long as you have an alternative option to purchase the items within. Having a costume that you can only get via gambling reminds me too much of why I stopped playing gatcha games like Love Live. I'd prefer it to be more like a gambling bundle, where it costs no more than the worst-case scenario (with the percentages adjusted accordingly) but every item within can be purchased separately. It's not like the items in the crate aside from the costume are bad either from what I've heard, it'd still be worth it.

I don't have that much of an issue with them, but locking content that's otherwise obtainable (on other servers) behind them is just bad manners.  Plus they tend to drive people away from this sort of game in droves.

With that said, I bought one box for fun (I had to buy some NC coins to pick up one dragon pouch) and
Spoiler:
got the costume
so I can't complain too much this time around :V

« Reply #69 on: February 04, 2016, 05:00:36 PM »
Yesterday was a good day, Opened one of the gamble crates with Ncoins I still have left. Got the Outfit right away. Everyone hating on me now, even though the outfit looks shit on Female Lyn.

It is not worth buying this chest, whatever you do, don't do it!

Funny thing, people are trading ncoins for Ingame gold (and vice versa). Find someone to trade and you can get cashshop items for ingame gold. Currently it is like 1g 50s for 100 ncoins. So a normal cashshop outfit is only 15 gold (or 3 days worth of dailys lol)
The trading rates are currently quite low, might go up in the future. Though I think, it might stay on that value for some time. With upcoming changes and decay of market value for items, it gets harder and harder to earn lots of gold.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2016, 05:04:52 PM by Dorakyura »

The Hating Hater

• What's the deal?
  • YO~!
« Reply #70 on: February 05, 2016, 04:41:33 AM »
So I've just finished Act III and holy fuck.

Spoiler:
We abandoned our Hongmoon teachings and basically embraced the dark side. Honestly, I would never expected anything like this in a MMORPG from all things.
Does this mean Mushin is after revenge too? Are there TWO evil sides to this whole plot? I need to sit down and process all of this.

So now it's time to wait for more content while making some dosh, I guess.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #71 on: February 05, 2016, 08:58:36 AM »
Spoiler:
Well it seems Jinsoyun uses Jiwan's sword. And she was the one who saved the little Jinsoyun in the cutscene where they showed the battle of the past. There seems to be more behind the the reason of straying from the Hong Moon path. The question is whether Mushin and Jinsoyun are also battling for power. It could well be (major speculation) that Jinsoyun isn't as bad as we think she is. Remember when she killed Lusung? She called him a person who desires Mortal Greed when he tried to snatch Mushin's legacy.

Passed my certification exams yesterday and continued leveling. I was 44 at 70% or so. After doing the remaining quests, became level 45.

Also, while doing Vice Admiral Poharan I noticed this:
[nsfw]http://i.imgur.com/mCBYhuH.jpg[/nsfw]

Like what the fuck is wrong with these outfits?

Zerviscos

« Reply #72 on: February 05, 2016, 12:13:13 PM »
Edit: Didn't see this
So I've just finished Act III and holy fuck.

Spoiler:
We abandoned our Hongmoon teachings and basically embraced the dark side. Honestly, I would never expected anything like this in a MMORPG from all things.
Does this mean Mushin is after revenge too? Are there TWO evil sides to this whole plot? I need to sit down and process all of this.

So now it's time to wait for more content while making some dosh, I guess.
Spoiler:
In the original versions of the game, your character's moral ambiguity, choosing between right or wrong in the main and side quests points a bit on how the story would follow, like if you should try to kill someone you shouldn't, or feel any remorse in killing, doing bad stuff and such. The NA version didn't make this too noticeable or how you would say it was dumbed-down a lot, but only on some characters saying "There's some dark aura in you", or "Revenge is not the option, yada yada...". It's just your stereotypical Hero archetype vs Evil doers for the most of the game. Making you, the player feel quite good about himself not doing anything bad(atleast what you think) until the end of Act 3.

Also, while doing Vice Admiral Poharan I noticed this:
[nsfw]http://i.imgur.com/mCBYhuH.jpg[/nsfw]

Like what the fuck is wrong with these outfits?
NCWest Localization Team*
Director: So what do you think we should censor?
Staff 1: Women's outfits?
Staff 2: Nah, we should have more sexier stuff than the Asian servers, but censor out the nightgowns when they unequip their outfits.
Staff 3: How about the story?
Whole Staff: Great idea.
Director: Story it is!
« Last Edit: February 05, 2016, 02:58:21 PM by [En]glish Muffin »

« Reply #73 on: February 05, 2016, 01:54:05 PM »
[En]glish Muffin having a Poharan Avatar Pic  :derp: "Is the Admiral a man or a woman" :V

The game would be censored hard, if they tried to release it with PEGI12. Which they didn't (thanksfully)

Also, on some (or many) dobok females cleary don't have a bra (or what ever) beneath their outfit.
People with boobs slider on max can poke your eyes out.

A Clan member told me, why they changed the race name of "Kun" to "Yun". Because "Kun" (spoken) was a very old but very insulting swearword in Britain. The more you know.
Regarding the translations, a lot of stuff was taken from Russian Fan Translations. Basically the game was translated from Korean --> Chinese --> Russian --> English.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2016, 02:01:01 PM by Dorakyura »

Edible

« Reply #74 on: February 05, 2016, 03:33:04 PM »
Regarding the translations, a lot of stuff was taken from Russian Fan Translations. Basically the game was translated from Korean --> Chinese --> Russian --> English.

Holy fuck, that's even worse :V

« Reply #75 on: February 05, 2016, 04:08:04 PM »
Holy fuck, that's even worse :V

One example: Lyn "Blade Dancer" was a translation in the Russian client.
Blade Master is called 검사 (gom sah) in Korean Client.
The Lyn version was called 린검사 (lyn gom sah).
One of many mistakes of lazy NCsoft West. (Not saying anything about Wildstar)

Edible

« Reply #76 on: February 05, 2016, 06:17:03 PM »
I always figured that was more of a stylistic choice to more easily differentiate between the two classes.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #77 on: February 06, 2016, 08:49:01 AM »
Merry Potters Secret Recipe Moonwater dropped yesterday in the Brightstone Ruins. Nobody could outbid the 7g. I only had 5 my self D: (They go for 30g on the market on our server).

I need that recipe for moonwater stone crafting D:

« Reply #78 on: February 08, 2016, 08:42:56 AM »
Merry Potters Secret Recipe Moonwater dropped yesterday in the Brightstone Ruins. Nobody could outbid the 7g. I only had 5 my self D: (They go for 30g on the market on our server).

I need that recipe for moonwater stone crafting D:

Damn, that is sad. I've heard of a run of a Clan mate where some people bid the thing up to 56g (while the market price was 40g), so weird.
Also, someone bid 1,80g for 2 Moonwater Tears yesterday, Easy money, I guess :V

Upgrade some stuff yesterday, 20 Gold + 8 gold in upgrading, 120 soulstones,  12 Moonwater Transformationens stones and 50 poharan perfume gone to waste.
Next upgrade of the weapon requires another 7 Moonwater Transformation stones and 110 Soulstones. Let the farming begin
though I could actually do that, I lend 10 moonwater trans stones to friends that I gonna get back this evening, I should also reach 100 soulstones, but I guess I gonna sell it. I don't have enough weapons to maxout the True Siren Weapon, for now. Gonna need ~100 weapons and 15g to upgrade with them.

If, on Wednesday, you can buy Soulstones for Arena "beans", the prices for soulstones will drop for sure. So get your PVP skills ready. Get gold or go home.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2016, 09:31:40 AM by Dorakyura »

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #79 on: February 08, 2016, 01:27:24 PM »
Sounds like different economy for sure. On Wild Springs currently Moonwater Tear goes for 39-40s each. Moonwater Trans Stone for 5g.

Going to grind tonight Brightstone again. I saved up 18g but spend 7g for upgrading my weapon. Probably today I'll get 15g again and hopefully be able to outbid people. People aren't quite bright during dungeons. When the 2x Moonwater is auctioned, I usually get it for 30-40s. Then I sell them for 40s each :V

Same with Cinderland Trans Stones. Usual price is 12-14s. Some dumb people put them for 8s. Buy and re-sell.

« Reply #80 on: February 10, 2016, 08:44:52 AM »
gdi NCsoft, fix your damn maintenance schedule.
Europe Server maintenance from 1PM till 7PM  :wat:

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #81 on: February 10, 2016, 03:58:11 PM »
New content coming. Already downloading.

Mushin's tower (Ry   > http://www.bladeandsoul.com/en/rising-waters/

Edible

« Reply #82 on: February 10, 2016, 04:09:32 PM »
Woo, new content.  I was getting bored.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #83 on: February 11, 2016, 09:54:58 AM »
New content is out. Logically many people roaming Mushin's tower. Personally I find the tower boring. You defeat bosses per floor and advance. Doesn't really give for me objectives. The new Admiral boss or that large instance with 24 people sound fun.

I'll continue trying to get the Merry Potters recipe.

« Reply #84 on: February 11, 2016, 11:47:05 AM »
Woo, new content.  I was getting bored.

You said it wrong!

"I was getting bored anyway" it is  :o

Seen a Reddit board during extended maintainance yesterday, they did all the stupid English Phrases in them that also fit with it.
*Twitter message regarding extended maintainance
"Ha, as I expected"
"aaah, they changed the hours again?!"
 :V

New content is out. Logically many people roaming Mushin's tower. Personally I find the tower boring. You defeat bosses per floor and advance. Doesn't really give for me objectives. The new Admiral boss or that large instance with 24 people sound fun.

I'll continue trying to get the Merry Potters recipe.

Don't underestimate it, the tower can be hard. You might die to the current final boss some time, till you get how he works. (Which is the fun in it :D)

Did go BSH4 yesterday, wow the twins are hard, their phase switching is so damn accurate, you really have to time attack in your team. I doubt that random teams can thing of doing this for a while.

Compared to that, POH4 with only 2 people was easier.

Also funny, that I got both the male Dobok from BSH24 final boss, as well as the female Dobok of the twins, and non can be equipped, because Female Lyn can't wear either.  :V
« Last Edit: February 11, 2016, 01:14:01 PM by Dorakyura »

« Reply #85 on: February 23, 2016, 09:27:27 AM »
Next week, new patch will arrive, giving access to a new 6/4-man dungeon
Spoiler:
very long, quite hard bosses, you can't really skip enemys, unlike BSH
8th floor of Mushin Tower
Spoiler:
you will fight Mushin himself in 3 hard stages
and a new ranged class will be available (for Jin and Lyn race), called Warlock.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #86 on: February 23, 2016, 09:42:18 AM »
Due to exam preparations for my job, my activity will drop probably. Haven't logged in for almost a week because of the dumb merry potter recipe  :ohdear:

« Reply #87 on: March 03, 2016, 12:34:30 PM »
Update is out (yesterday)
Everyone in my friendslist was leveling a Warlock  :derp:

I had training so I didn't really have much time.
I tried Mushin Tower floor 8.
Spoiler:
Mushin is such a bitch, holy shit. Stage 1 and 2 were easy, but Stage 3 is hard as fuck  :o

Zerviscos

« Reply #88 on: April 20, 2016, 05:22:03 PM »
So I'm playing B&S Taiwan again, cause tbh, I have slightly better ping there due to my location. Since they updated their English Patch more accurately thanks to the release of the NA ver., I decided to play TW again(for now) 'cause they have more content.

Apparently what I noticed is that the optimization tweaks which were in the CN and KR servers, is also in TW. The FPS difference is like night and day esp. during combat and heavy-intense background effects. I have a higher minimum of 30-35 and a higher maximum of 100-120 dependent on some locations, and an average of 60-70.

I haven't played NA ever since the new update, right after I capped at 45 with my Assassin. Will probably play again once they do some of the optimization as well.