Author Topic: Powercreep and Dragons Thread XXVII: Making Juggler less OP all day everyday  (Read 145142 times)

MatsuriSakuragi

Puzzle & Dragons is an iOS/android puzzle RPG.  It plays like a cross between Bejeweled and Pok?mon.  It's completely free to play, but has premium features through purchasable "magic stones," the game's premium currency (which can also be obtained frequently as rewards in-game), which allow for increased inventory, pulls from a rare egg machine, and more.  If you're patient enough the game gives you enough stones through special events and rewards that you shouldn't need to buy any.  (It's recommended you don't because most things can be obtained/beaten without spending money and some amount of patience and skill.)

You can control monsters from lowly slimes to even lowlier dragons to the absurd products of GungHo just saying "fuck it, just break everything" like Awoken Machine Hera(above).  They all mostly have different stats and skills, allowing you to customize your team for any number of purposes.

Real talk though, the real reason to get into this game is because everyone else here is playing it and has been playing non-stop for the past 2 years :V , and probably won't stop for a long time thanks to the constant updates to the game and its mechanics, balance changes that never directly nerf anything and are mostly focused on increasing the viability of older monsters, and of course the endless addition of new monsters and collabs that are dished out on a regular basis.

If you're interested, there's a really useful database of monsters and game info here:

http://www.puzzledragonx.com/

A tip for new players: At the end of the tutorial the game will give you one free pull on the rare egg machine.  It's best to "scum" this pull and start over (by uninstalling and reinstalling) until you get something that's really rare (a god).  Great starters include any of the Chinese gods, Ares, Bastet, Isis, Verdandi, Lu Bu, Bastet, Odin, Kali, Shiva, Bastet, Sonia, and many others.  Feel free to ask!

If you need more help or just want to discuss the game, we also have a P&D channel on the MotK IRC network in here. Just type your name and go.
For those using IRC clients other than webchat, the channel is #puzzleandlibrarians on irc.ppirc.net.

List of friends + Main Leaders:
Edible: 328,945,274 (Ronia*, Bastet*)
hyorinryu: 357.646.299 (Sakuya*, Perseus*)
Suikama: 348.941.282 (Isis*, Ra D*)
triangles: 322.456.235 (LMeta*, Santa Sakuya)
Chaore: 344,844,286 (Verdandi, Shiva*)
Yukarin: 394.177.213 (Awoken Haku*, Awoken Sakuya*)
Jq1790: 396,049,294 (Athena, Awoken Karin*)
Pesco: 328 276 294 (Rodin, Ronia)
Dibble: 314,673,283 (Isis, GOdin)
Matsuri: 358,689,277 (Awoken Freyja*, Awoken Tsukuyomi*)
Fast Fanatic: 359,184,275 (TAMADRAPurin*, Sakuya*)
Sacchi Hikaru: 385,394,297 (Horus*, Vishnu*)
rdj: 338,277,280 (AA Lucifer*, Awoken Minerva*)
Chirei: 326,404,383 (Leilan*, Alraune*)
commandercool: 312,728,337 (Gabriel*, Awoken Ra*)
Aoshi: 398,822,333 (School!Athena, Awoken Sakuya)
Conqueror: 331,616,320 (DQXQ, I&I)
MoogsParfait: 313,455,268 (Athena, LMeta*)
Dorakyura: 347,957,300 (Nephthys*)
Bio: 336,681,244 (Sakuya, Athena)
En: 351,629,319 (Lu Bu, Haku)
moekou: 329,066,242 (Osiris*, Pandora)
Espadas: 301,335,377 (Ronia, B/G Karin)
Calamity: 331,737,355 (Ronia, Awoken Shiva)
Mea: 380,147,382 (Sakuya, chibi Rose)
aUsernameIsFineToo: 347,966,337 (Bastet, Rozuel)
Ruka: 368,034,352 (Sasuke, I&I Healer)

(Asterisk next to leaders means "hypermax" - +297, max skill. Glowing leaders have all five latent awakening slots full.)

Topic Archive
Thread I
Thread II
Thread III
Thread IV
Thread V
Thread VI
Thread VII
Thread VIII
Thread IX
Thread X
Thread XI
Thread XII
Thread XIII
Thread XIV
Thread XV
Thread XVI
Thread XVII
Thread XVIII
Thread XIX
Thread XX
Thread XXI
Thread XXII
Thread XXIII
Thread XXIV
Thread XXV
Thread XXVI
« Last Edit: January 16, 2016, 07:43:04 PM by Enoshimatsuri Junko »

MatsuriSakuragi

there. come to me, woodpy.

Can someone change my main to A.Sakuya instead of LKali? It's been so long since I used her that listing her under one of my mains probably isn't gonna work.

In other news, 5 rolls!

Oku
Gryps Rider
Oku (what)
Haku (3rd. guess i can have all their evos now)
Genie

huh

Thanks to GreenVirus for the Siggy.
My TF2 Backpack of DOOM

Espadas

• You're gonna have a bad time
I just rolled my second RODIN.....

Since i'll never build a push-button team, is there another reason to keep him? 50k MP are very tempting......

commandercool

• alter cool
Can I keep up my streak of gold eggs during godfests?

-Genie

Nope. I guess I deserved that.
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

Mr. Sacchi

• All shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.
  • Not postponed. Not in the end. Not for long.
Reminding threadmaker to give my Vishnu an asterisk.

Also, godfest pull gives me Evolved Strawberry Dragon.

I'M SO GLAD I'M BACK TO BEING JUST A YOLOPULLER

Just got Horus as first roll !  :D No reason to reroll again right ?

Mr. Sacchi

• All shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.
  • Not postponed. Not in the end. Not for long.
Just got Horus as first roll !  :D No reason to reroll again right ?

Absolutely none, despite not being the most popular or powerful, Horus can quite definitely hold his own in both the early and lategames.

Do send me an invite, I'm happy to help Horus newbies any time.

(Also, be prepared to either force your way to getting Awoken Horus... or getting PTSD from F/L Horus.)

Absolutely none, despite not being the most popular or powerful, Horus can quite definitely hold his own in both the early and lategames.

Do send me an invite, I'm happy to help Horus newbies any time.

(Also, be prepared to either force your way to getting Awoken Horus... or getting PTSD from F/L Horus.)

Invite sent, my ID is 302,894,380 and username is Akala too. I'll add the people listed one the first post, but if any of you don't want to, just reject the invitation you'll get (not a big deal !) it's just to warn you ;)

I'll add the people listed one the first post
Have fun steamrolling through the early dungeons with our leads!

Moogs Parfait

• SPRING
  • Plz Send Naps
    • Danmaku!! Official Site
Rolling for Raph

Nephthys
Cerberus Rider
Shadow Dragon Knight
3000 MP
5000 MP
Durga
Loki
Nephthys

HEY MOOGS YOU SHOULD GO BACK TO DEVILS

Beat some dungeons

Raph

:getdown:

You damn tsundere husbando, welcome to the team!

Aoshi-shi

• Back at it again in the Land of Origin
  • maior e longinquo reverentia
Hey could my mains be changed to School!Athena and Awoken Sakuya? Thanks.

Notable rolls were Satsuki and Typhon. I don't need two of him, do I?
Art Thread -->
Well gee, I have a Tumblr now.  | Twitter
 What a nice day to complain about mobage!
 |PADherder

MatsuriSakuragi

Done.

And no, not really. One Typhon is pretty great. but he's not even that super great of a sub on himself and his active/awakenings aren't that super valuable as a sub anyway, unless you have nothing better. I say free 50k MP.

Espadas

• You're gonna have a bad time
Time for my GF report. Let's begin with JP, where i was hoping for some RGB good leaders:

- Nut
- Apollo
- Masamune
- BAAAASTET <3
- Unicord Rider
- Red Riding Hood
- ForestBahn
- Sakuya
- Isis !!

I really can't complain ^^

and now for NA, where Dark rule!

- Goetia (3rd dupe...... sold)
- HAKUUU !! (it's the ONE dupe i wanted! Now i can have both D/D and Awoken ^^)
- Rodin (dupe..... really tempted to sell)
- URD!!!! (A.Shiva's dream team is here)
- Persephone !! (dupe, but i'm ok with it ^^)
- Maeda Keiji (dupe)
- Diadem ^^
- Archangel Lucifer (dupe.... why not Archdemon?! ?_?)

The best dupe-fest i could hope for  :D

Do you think I should try to get a lot of stones by clearing dungeon and use them on the REM for this godfest ?

With the few hours of playtime on the EU server, I know that box spaces are REALLY valuable but...it's tempting...

Mеа

• catnapping
  • three dots connect to rectangles
You have all of about 3 weeks to increase your box space until the next godfest. With how quickly you'll be blowing through dungeons, you will be rolling in stones. Give in to your temptation~

That or if you plan to stick with Horus, though apparently he isn't a great lategame sub, perhaps save stones for rolling Horus subs in the future.
Naked expression; purple raspberry flavour

This place is pretty nasty...

commandercool

• alter cool
Aaaah so close to a rank up off the Metalit dungeon. Could've snowballed into a bunch more rankups, but I was like 15 stamina short. Fortunately it's back again later.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi

ayyy

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

oh BF reset soon and i still have mine

who wants to triangle

commandercool

• alter cool
I also still have mine, so I'm available for a triangle. Although I don't think anyone we know plays anything I play, so if we can work it out with three people who would actually benefit each other I'd be happy to step out too.

MatsuriSakuragi

Yolorolled.

>Horus

Hm.

I also still have mine, so I'm available for a triangle. Although I don't think anyone we know plays anything I play, so if we can work it out with three people who would actually benefit each other I'd be happy to step out too.
BF reset is soon(?) so might as well use it on something rather than nothing

commandercool

• alter cool
Well I'm certainly not going to use it on nothing, but if nobody here wants to swap with me (which I would totally understand) then I'll just pick some rando with an Awoken Ra or something.

Mеа

• catnapping
  • three dots connect to rectangles
So metagame is moving away from super spikes? Guess that rules out Sarasvati. I get the feeling she wouldn't be too different from ASaku anyway. No contrast. That leaves me with want for a new project since all my ASaku teams now is plusses and skill ups. Ugh.
Naked expression; purple raspberry flavour

commandercool

• alter cool
I wouldn't say Sarasvati is too similar to Sakuya. They're both spike leads for sure, but color-focused popcorn leads and rainbow leads are pretty different.

That said, I'd say invest in Egyptian 2.0s or something else a bit bulkier if you have that option. One of the combo counter ones would probably be suitably different from Sakuya.

Or you could make a full u-turn and make an Archangel team or something. In my opinion Gabriel is the most suited for leadership (obviously), but Uriel also has access to a dragon emperor, Lucifer is Lucifer, Raphael is just fucking crazy, and Michael, well... Michael would still probably work fine, but I think he has by far the fewest options. And if you don't have an Archangel you still have a few minutes left to try to get one in the godfest.

Well, thanks to that Enhance Carnival on the PAL Machine, I think I got a pretty good team for early game  :D (Well, Horus + 4 slimes works too but...)
I don't really see better monster for now (but maybe I'm wrong...)

Also got a Archangel Gabriel yesterday, don't know if that's a good monster ?
I may try one or two  more roll in the REM during that godfest, don't know yet..
« Last Edit: January 17, 2016, 01:10:01 PM by Akala »

MatsuriSakuragi

Talk to commandercool about Gabriel. Gabe's his main bae :P

All conditionals full 0-stone clear (^_^)V

B  R  T     F O R E V E R
N E V E R   F O R G E T

Jq1790

• Wow I'm back to playing this game.
  • Let's puzzle together again, Karin!
Between the two days got a decent haul.  Nothing super special, nothing bad though.  6/6 golds, no GFEs and 2 dupes.

>Vritra dupe(keeping for now, not sure if i wanna keep a second for anything)
>Lumiel
>Isis
>Alrescha

>Wukong
>Perseus dupe[5k mp]

Solid run for sure.  No idea what to do with half of it but Alrescha will be a nice orb changer for my water teams, and Wukong lets me truly pursue light rows.

For light row options I have Indra(if I switch his ult), Raphael, DQXQ(To become DQ), Wukong now, uh...
If you're a Pazudora player and aren't on #puzzleandlibrarians, come join us!