Author Topic: 14 days of no posts  (Read 4702 times)

Cream Soda

• stage 2 boss
14 days of no posts
« on: January 06, 2016, 07:35:15 PM »
So, people keep breaking this rule. Is it allowed or not?

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
Re: 14 days of no posts
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2016, 11:32:54 AM »
This isn't an actual rule per se - it's not mentioned in the Rules board anyway. You do get a warning to consider posting a new thread if a topic hasn't been bumped in 14 days, but the general guideline is more like 30 days. And even that is flexible, depending - like if a major update is posted in a relevant thread or the like. Replying to an old thread to say "Yes I agree" is generally frowned upon. So it's not so much a rule to not necrobump as it is a guideline which depends on context.

As a general rule, past the 30 day mark, it's better to start a new thread on a topic than bump the old one, and useless replies an old threads can result in a lock.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
Re: 14 days of no posts
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2016, 07:59:11 PM »
Generally from what I've seen the rule on necros is if it's not something relevant to the topic at hand and is new news; then don't do it.

If it's something major/new/whatever, then it beats making a new thread. Don't need 6 threads about the same thing.

Following this; despite posting in some older threads; I've not got into any trouble for doing so.

Example: Anime season happens. Thread for it. ~6 months later the next season is announced. This is probobly an acceptable reason to bump an old thread. It's still the same anime. It's just reasonable that there would be less discussion between seasons. The news of a new season would spark more interest and discussion. On the other hand if you just want to say 'I'm watching this' and there's a 6 month old thread; just use the sticky thread.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2016, 08:02:50 PM by Raikaria »

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.