Author Topic: 2015 in Touhou Past and Future!  (Read 9973 times)

Mino ☆

• PCB player.
  • Touhou Hobbyist
2015 in Touhou Past and Future!
« on: December 27, 2015, 08:57:02 PM »
Remember this thread? It's that time of year again, might as well reflect on 2015.

Personal Favorite Achievements of 2015: Post about your favorite achievement(s). Your own, that is.

Personal Biggest Screw-ups of 2015: Well, biggest screw-up(s) are just that.

Favorite Achievements by Others of 2015: Other players do cool achievements as well. Post your favorites.

Goals for 2015: What are your goals for 2015? If you have anything planned.

[OPTIONAL] CHALLENGES TO OTHER PLAYERS: Give other people some ideas of what you think is cool. Challenge them into a race, some silly competition. Anything works.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2015, 10:15:54 PM by Mino ☆ »

Mino ☆

• PCB player.
  • Touhou Hobbyist
Re: 2015 in Touhou Past and Future!
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2015, 09:00:47 PM »
Personal Favorite: PCB LNNNs, and the DDC LNN. PCB 2.5bil Lunatic

Personal Biggest Screw-up: the two VoWG failures of MoF. :V :V :V

Favorite Achievement of Others: Chum's various updated GFW WRs, Kits' MoF Luna scorerun, Everlasting's two LNN(N)s, Cactu returning to Touhou. In terms of Japanese achievements, Yu-suke's PBs, Gobou's 5bil SA run and LoLK LNN, E-splice's new UFO WR with SanaeA. rori's efforts towards PCB (he didn't get 3bil yet but he's damn close. He's an inspiration to watch for his effort and dedication)

Goals for 2015: PCB 3billion+. Gonna try this with both SakuyaB and ReimuB. I know I can do this with SakuyaB if I put my mind to it, but ReimuB's gonna be a wild time. I'd also like to LNN the rest of the Touhou games, but er, we'll see..

Uruwi

• Nightmare of Torrential Precipitation
  • 478 million goober
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2015, 09:17:47 PM »
Personal favorite: EE, EMS, and RMI Normal and Extra clears. Normal clears for all Windows integer installments (except LoLK which was done on Pointdevice), and IN, MoF, and DDC extra clears.

Personal biggest screw-up: game over on Saragimaru's final spellcard (EMS Extra) because I bombed too much. Much like a reverse Kefit.wav. And game over on Mamizou's last spell.

Favorite achievement of others: Pruns's EMS Extra no focus clear. Collett's LoLK Lunatic 2.58bil and AM's LoLK 1bil.

Goals for 2016: 1CC a hard, and clear more extras (TD seems the easiest for now). Maybe get 600 million in DDC Easy.
foo = foldl $ flip ($)
Highest difficulty 1CCed for each game, by shot type in the original order. (-: never 1CCed on any difficulty, or never used; E: easy, N: normal, H: hard, L / U: lunatic / unreal.)
EoSD [NNNE] PCB [EE--N-] IN [NEEE + Ex Border] PoFV [Mystia N, Mystia E no charge] MoF [EN--H- + Ex Marisa B] SA [N-----] UFO [----EN] TD [NENE] DDC [EE-EHE + Ex Marisa B & Sakuya A] LoLK [PD --N- Legacy ---N] EE [N- + Ex Yabusame] EMS [N-- + Ex Yabusame] RMI [NHN + Ex YaoSuku]
Avelantis (demo) Easy YuukiB 426,077,200

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2015, 09:27:47 PM »
Personal Favorite Achievements of 2014: 1CCing LoLK Lunatic. My Popular Popularity Reisen script.

Personal Biggest Screw-ups of 2014: Expecting BPoHC to be released by now =_=

Favorite Achievements by Others of 2014: Koishi Heck. RMI Absudrly Extra clear. Big nd Beautiful Vocaloid Despair clear.

Goals for 2015: Beat UFO Lunatic, EoSD Lunatic, and EoSD Extra. Maek moar scriptz. Go outside of my house.

[OPTIONAL] CHALLENGES TO OTHER PLAYERS: Get into the Len'en games!

Edit: Wait wtf did I time travel or something?!?
My name is Tres. It sounds like "Tray". Tressert is "Tray-zurt"; like Tres dessert.
I've cleared every touhou game on Lunatic, and beaten every extra except SoEW.
NMNB: MoF Hard, SA Extra, UFO Extra

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2015, 10:28:20 PM »
For me, 2015 was the year I discovered Touhou, so my favourite achievement is my first 1cc (MoF Normal) -- what else could I say?

Biggest screw-up: This week I've been getting comfortable with playing Hard and Lunatic. Decided to take a break and do another Normal 1cc with a second shot-type. Even though I can see how much I've improved since my first 1cc, and I'm now easily capturing several cards that used to give me nightmares, I still ran out of lives close to the end of Kanako's final.

Favourite achievements by others: "September Pumpkin". ZUN is right back to his old form after some disappointing years.

Goals for 2016: 1cc Hard before 2/18 (my 1-year anniversary) and Lunatic by the end of the year :)

Lollipop

• stay woke
  • literally and figuratively dying
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2015, 10:57:09 PM »
Personal Favourites: 1cc LoLK Normal, 1cc Riverbed Soul Saver

Biggest Screw-Up: UFO Normal Run failed on Byakuren's last spell (Last-Second clipdeaths suck)

Favourite achievements by others: Koishitale & lots of other cool danmakufu scripts

Goals: Get a 1cc on Hard, complete an Extra Stage & 1cc a fighter (7.5, 10.5 etc.)
Touhou 1CCS:
Hard: LLS, EoSD(NB), PCB(NB), IN, MoF, TD, DDC(NB), LoLK
Lunatic: EoSD, PCB, DDC, LoLK
Extra: LLS, EoSD, PCB(Extra&Phantasm), IN, MoF, SA, DDC, LoLK
Current Focus: 1cc SA Hard, or an Extra

Zigzagwolf

• Kuruminist Touhou Player
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2015, 11:07:55 PM »
Personal favourites: Lotus Land Story LNB, I couldn't play a lot but I was glad to get it done. LoLK first day lunatic 1cc after I couldn't play any game and got the game after so long. Blind LoLK EX clear when I attempted to a day after.

Biggest Screw-Up: Not being able to play for a long time; feeling quite demotivated when I got back (thus now) I still feel the demotivation for a bit and this might mean the difference between an MS LNB in 2015 or no MS LNB in 2015 considering I am still attempting this. Another one that qualifies as much as aforementioned screw-up would be that I failed to NN MS's Extra due to getting hit at the last second of Alice's last pattern, that was incredibly silly and just shouldn't have happened.

Favourite achievements by others: Cactu's 462m EoSD LNN, that might be the most beautiful non Yu-suke run I ever saw, really beautiful. Felt like editing to mention that I find Yu-suke's PCB runs to be very beautiful and some of the most beautiful runs in all of Touhou I've seen, there're a lot of honourable mentions actually. I'd say that Sakurei's efforts for IN and Mino's for PCB are very inspiring, Chum's scoring improvements in GFW are also very motivating. Now that I'm at it I think that I should definitely mention Pazzy's beautiful DOJ WL 2-ALL 1.6b run definitely was one of the most sensational things I've seen this year.

Goals for 2016: if I don't do an MS LNB this year, then that next year along with EoSD LNB, PCB LNB, MoF LNB and SA LNB, after that I still hope to get a 90 FPS 1cc in LLS, EoSD and SA. Last but not least I suppose that figuring out in which game I want to become a scorerunner is also one huge goal, I haven't been able to make up my mind this year. But I haven't quite gotten the time for this in this year. Which makes me rather sad with how this year went.

Challenges for the other players: I suppose that just enjoying what you play and trying to get farther in terms of both survival and scoring would be a challenge on itself, I'm just going to be silly and make the joke that I expect everyone to LNN LoLK before 2016 ends when everyone starts playing.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2015, 11:19:51 PM by Zigzagwolf »
Raid Kappatalism for great Kurumi!

Youtube channel My Youtube channel, I hope you enjoy my Touhou runs.

ZM

• Overly Eager
  • Sanae~
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2015, 11:15:08 PM »
I believe you mean 'Goals for 2016'. Anyway:

Personal Favorite Achievements of 2015: MoF LNB, UFO Lunatic All-Clear, UFO Lunatic run using ReimuA having 22/26 spells captured.

Personal Biggest Screw-ups of 2015: I dunno, I guess some UFO LNB attempts dying early on? Which sucks, since all the mistakes happened during the stages and I nailed Ichirin and Murasa...

Favorite Achievements by Others of 2015: Gobou's and HNY's LNNs of LoLK, Yu-suke's 3bil PCB LNN, Cactu's 462m EoSD LNN, KG claiming the UFO Lunatic MarisaB WR, E-Splice's new UFO Lunatic SanaeA WR, Ever's UFO LNNN, Mino's PCB LNNNs, Kits's MoF scorerun, and Keito breaking various WRs in TD.

Goals for 2016: UFO LNB, low-miss MoF LNB.

CHALLENGES TO OTHER PLAYERS: GO GIT YER 1CCS YOU HAVEN'T GOTTEN FRIENDS
« Last Edit: December 28, 2015, 04:49:54 AM by ZM »

Das

• w e w
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2015, 11:35:00 PM »
Personal Favorite Achievements of 2015: My LLS hard 1cc (0 lives and 0 bombs at end)

Personal Biggest Screw-ups of 2015: My failed PCB hard 1cc at Resurrection Butterfly

Favorite Achievements by Others of 2015: Cactu's EoSD LNN was pretty dank, havent seen much else tho

Goals for 2016: Lunatic 1cc or some more extra clears

Sakurei

• Banned
  • Frequently repeated unapologetic hostility
    • My Blog
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2015, 12:51:20 AM »
Personal Favorite Achievements of 2015: I got 3b in IN extra. That's all I did too.

Personal Biggest Screw-ups of 2015: Not knowing I can hook up my monitor to my laptop resulting in 3 months of not playing.

Favorite Achievements by Others of 2015: Yu-suke's overall WR in lunatic. Good shit.

Goals for 2016: I want to reach my goal for IN extra, learn how to play phantasm and GFW extra. No doubt the year is going to be over before all this is finished.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2015, 07:02:31 PM by Sakurei »

Nolegs the Cat

• >Sʜᴇ ᴅᴇᴘᴇɴᴅs ᴏɴ ʏᴏᴜ. >Sʜᴇ ᴅᴇᴘᴇɴᴅs ᴏɴ ʏᴏᴜ.
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2015, 01:58:48 AM »
Personal Favorite Achievements of 2015: All my lunatic 1ccs, mainly. But overall it'd be the end of my first IN lunatic 1cc - 0/0 at the end of Brain of God, then capturing Eirin's last nonspell, Apollo 13 AND Astronomical Entombing in row.

Personal Biggest Screw-ups of 2015: Everytime I fail at the last attack :V

Favorite Achievements by Others of 2015: Cactu's various scores and LNNs, especially his 432m LNN, and Chum's updating GFW WRs, mainly. As well as all the LNNs various MoTK users have gotten - Ducky and IN, Mino and PCB and DDC, etc.
They're all so inspiring.
Also Gobou beating 5b in SA.
Oh, and Vierne/hq's RSS lunatic NM no hypers run.

Goals for 2016: All lunatic 1ccs. Obviously that'll not happen, UFO 3 hard 5 me.
Also some sort of good run for the full version of BoSM or an improved demo run.

CHALLENGES TO OTHER PLAYERS: GO GIT YER 1CCS YOU HAVEN'T GOTTEN FRIENDS
« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 09:38:39 AM by Nolegs the Cat »

« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2015, 04:25:02 AM »
Personal Favorite Achievements of 2015: I kinda quit Touhou after LoLK came out, so nothing was done this year...

Personal Biggest Screw-ups of 2015: Thinking LoLK was going to be good.

Favorite Achievements by Others of 2015: Mino and Ever's ~☆Perfect☆~ runs, Gob breaking 5bil on SA. My most favorite is probably Cactu's 462M EoSD LNN.

Goals for 2016: Go back into Touhou, I guess. There still are some things I want to do, but I need to find the motivation to play again first.

Things I've done (and maybe will improve):
SA L6MNB | SA Lunatic 3b Scorerun | MoF LNB | PCB LNB |DDC LNB

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2015, 05:41:34 AM »
Personal Favorite Achievements of 2015: #1 is definitely my UFO Lunatic no-UFOs 1cc, it was just so satisfying to finally pull off. Honorable mentions go to perfecting UFO Stage 5 Lunatic (also personally satisfying given my history with this stage) and clearing every scene in ISC without items (beating scenes like 10-4 will inevitably make you feel like a badass lol).

Personal Biggest Screw-ups of 2015: Letting myself get fully demotivated by late deaths in SA Lunatic 1-life clear attempts. This is something I really should have corrected years ago - it's even become a bad habit for me in other games.

Favorite Achievements by Others of 2015: Gobou breaking 5 billion in SA Lunatic is my favorite, though the aforementioned LNNs are close behind.

Goals for 2016: Get that SA Lunatic 1lc dammit! ...oh, and anything else I can manage that's already on my to-do list. Said challenges were never really confined to a single year to begin with, but the earlier I get them, the quicker I can move on to other goals.
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

Drake

« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2015, 06:37:42 AM »
I haven't gotten to play much this year, but in the short time I did I nailed the MoF and SA LNBs, and if I manage to grind some more before year's end maybe I can get another.

My goals for 2016 would essentially be that. More LNBs and similar runs.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

LunaWillow

• >Everyone: Pose as a team
  • The world is real.
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2015, 09:42:47 AM »
Personal Favorite Achievements of 2015: Normal 1cc of every windows game (well, except for LoLK). Some extra clears.

Personal Biggest Screw-ups of 2015: Failing Hard MoF. Over. And over. And over...

Favorite Achievements by Others of 2015: Mino's LNN(N)s.

Goals for 2015: 1cc LoLK, 1cc MoF (hard), more extra.
Normal 1cc: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC, HSiFS
Hard 1cc: PoFV
Extra Clear: PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF
Other Stuff: ISC all clear

« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2015, 09:49:53 AM »
Personal Favorite Achievements of 2015: Hard 1cc in every game (that was what I listed as my goal last year!), PoFV, DDC and MB Lunatic 1cc, beating the rest of the extra stages

Personal Biggest Screw-ups of 2015: ALL of those failed LoLK runs. And also that time I dropped a run at Remilia's knife nonspell by dying to it two times. I think I've never felt dumber and desperate.

Favorite Achievements by Others of 2015: All of those LoLK LNNs. I was seriously impressed.

Goals for 2016: More Lunatic 1ccs, maybe? Gonna be a long and tough road, but I'll make it happen!

« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2015, 12:24:31 PM »
Personal Favorite Achievements of 2015: IN finalA LNB... basically the only thing I did this year I guess....

Personal Biggest Screw-ups of 2015: Losing all those runs with 5-miss stage 5 or similar

Favorite Achievements by Others of 2015: Hard to say, there were so many great things done this year, but I think emotionally my favourite was probably everlastings SA LNN because we're good friends and I know how much he was struggling for it
?: yusuke just got 3.64b in PCB. Before that I couldn't make out a favourite run just in terms of quality because therre were so many good ones, but with this I have to mention this incredible run aswell

Goals for 2015: Get better... I can't really estimate what score I should reach within one year, maybe something like 4.5b finalA with Scarlet Team

[OPTIONAL] CHALLENGES TO OTHER PLAYERS: Please do your best and stream it
« Last Edit: December 30, 2015, 09:21:01 PM by Nameschonvergeben »

Koog

• I live to protect those dear to me,
  • as a good friend would.
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2015, 07:20:43 PM »
Personal Favorite Achievements of 2015: Almost beat Hecatia, Yesterday beat LoLK Pointdevice Hard with Sanar

Personal Biggest Screw-ups of 2015: Murasa still hates me. Practice Rin, lost all lives ;_;

Favorite Achievements by Others of 2015: Any of those LNMNB, LNB. Those people are really great in these games...

Goals for 2016: Beat Hecatia. 1cc UFO. 1cc SA. And TD too (I'm so vague...). And beat another Extra other than Hecatia (possibly Suwako or Raiko).
Mwahahahahha!

Spotty Len

• The Spottiest Len Around
  • Yuuka Master Race
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2015, 12:58:20 AM »
Didn't play that much this year, but I'm having more and more fun so I might play a lot more in 2016. I am definitely not a experienced player though.

Personal Favorite Achievements of 2015: First Touhou 1cc, it was Normal EoSD.

Personal Biggest Screw-ups of 2015: Deathbombing in general.

Favorite Achievements by Others of 2015: Anything I see around here is freaking impressive to me so I can't really designate one in particular.

Goals for 2016: Switch to Hard. I noticed I didn't have that much difficulty reaching Stage 6s without any practice now, so once I am done with Normal MS, I will go with Hard PCB and work my way from there.

« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2015, 09:14:20 PM »
Personal Favorite: EoSD LNB and two EoSD extra NMNB.

Personal Biggest Screw-up: My failed UFO extra NMNBNV where I died on the last phase of Nue's final spell.

Favorite Achievement of Others: Too many to list but the best would have to be Gobou's LoLK LNN.

Goals for 2016: Get a DDC LNB with Reimu B, learn to score in EoSD, and actually learn how to bomb. 

?q

• Lurking librarian
  • and moe sound effect
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2015, 11:46:07 PM »
Personal Favorite Achievements of 2015:
An odd choice, but White Names Spoiled Past Extra Clear - No Deaths, All Spells Captured.  It's a fun stage and bombing for score is actually done pretty well in this game.

Personal Biggest Screw-ups of 2015:
I still haven't gotten my run of Phantasmagoria Trues Unlimited yet.  I got a good one Sunday but then got wrecked by Shinki, so I lost like god-knows-how-many hundreds of quadrillions of points.  Truthfully, it feels like I'm putting in a lot more effort with each successive video...  I don't think I'm doing something right.

Also, updating my computer so that Resurrection of Heaven's Liquor doesn't run at speed.  Because I was seriously thinking of it.

Favorite Achievements by Others of 2015:
So I know I thought I was pretty good when I posted my 2LC of Rmi Extra and I think at the time it was the best run on the 'Tube but then this happened and hizeezus christ what is this.

Goals for 2015:
*Finish Phantasmagoria Trues, dammit
*Get a hobby that has a better time-preparing-to-fame ratio than doing good shmup runs
*IDK, which game should I go for next?  A bunch of people have already done Magical Singular Day, and I'm not sure what else out there is interesting.

[OPTIONAL] CHALLENGES TO OTHER PLAYERS:
*Play Phantasmagoria Trues.  I'm talking to you.  Do it. 
*IDK, it's kind of more fun when I have people to talk to and compare with.  Especially since I tend to lose.  So do cool things with me :V

Sakurei

• Banned
  • Frequently repeated unapologetic hostility
    • My Blog
« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2015, 06:59:20 PM »
Personal Favorite Achievements of 2015: I got 3b in IN extra. That's all I did too.

Personal Biggest Screw-ups of 2015: Not knowing I can hook up my monitor to my laptop resulting in 3 months of not playing.

Favorite Achievements by Others of 2015: Chum's score improvements, mainly. Of course Japanese players are doing amazing stuff all the time like Yuusuke breaking 3.5b, KG beating shin, inefushi breaking 6.5b on Scarlet. Gobou finally breaking 5b in SA.

Goals for 2016: I want to reach my goal for IN extra, learn how to play phantasm and GFW extra. No doubt the year is going to be over before all this is finished.

I would like to edit this post and say that my absolute favorite achievement by someone else is Yu-suke's run he did just now, which score 3.64b, beating NAYA and getting back the overall WR with it. This guy is an absolute madman. It just blows everything out of the water and might be the most insane Touhou run up to date.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2015, 07:01:20 PM by Sakurei »

« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2016, 04:29:07 PM »
Personal Favorite Achievements of 2015: Every EX Stage, so i started a year ago XD

Personal Biggest Screw-ups of 2015: definetly Touhou 14 Normal 1cc, i made my Laptop screen broken p.p

Favorite Achievements by Others of 2015: i do not really understand this Question. sry my english is not the best. :X

Goals for 2016: Have a bew Touhou 16 with great Characters. i would also like a new STB / DS or maybe Hecatia as an Playable Character *.*

Jimmy

• Shameless spender
  • gaining big pounds
« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2016, 05:49:28 PM »
Personal Favorite Achievements of 2015: 1cc'ing every Windows Touhou game on Normal, except SA and UFO, and DDC Hard 1cc

Personal Biggest Screw-ups of 2015: Last second clipdeaths on Byakuren's final spell on Normal and on the last phase of Raiko's final spell :X

Favorite Achievements by Others in 2015: gobNN's perfect run of LoLK Lunatic Legacy Mode was literal insanity. I also remember many other runs in which record scores were reached on Lunatic in various games, can't really point out a specific one...

Goals for 2016: Unlock UFO and SA Extra, clear all Windows Extra stages, try to clear all Windows games on Hard/Lunatic
Normal 1cc: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, UFO, TD, DDC, LoLK Legacy, HSiFS, WBaWC
Hard 1cc: IN, DDC, HSiFS
Extra clears: MoF, DDC, HSiFS, WBaWC

Goals: Going Extra Hard!

TableCloth

• Call of Loli: Waifu Warfare
« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2016, 10:57:43 AM »
Personal Favourite Achievements of 2015: Normal 1cc all non-decimal games from EoSD to UFO, Hard 1cc MoF (I know it was with Reimu A, but whatever), and defeated Ran

Personal Biggest Screw-ups of 2015: Always failed in Byakuren's 3rd nonspell

Favourite Achievements by Others in 2015: not sure. Everyone else's replays looked awesome to me

Goals for 2016: Lunatic 1cc, defeat all Extra bosses and Yukari
Normal 1cc: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC, LoLK, HSiFS
Hard 1cc: MoF, IN, SA, PCB
Lunatic 1cc: MoF, IN

Currently struggling against depression by writing a light novel. Also, stop talking about nazi. The fact that I have Swastika in my name makes me stressed whenever anyone brought up any topic related to nazi and neo-nazi (unless we're talking about history, then I'm up for it). No, I'm not a neo-nazi. Neither are my parents. F**k off.

« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2016, 12:26:57 PM »
Personal Favorite Achievements of 2015: Beat LoLK Legacy normal and extra

Personal Biggest Screw-ups of 2015: Probably reaching 50+ tries on some of Clownpiece's spellcards. I don't like staining my record with huge numbers like that but it can't be helped

Favorite Achievements by Others of 2015: Sakurei's achievements because that's the only one I've paid attention to. I don't pay attention to others nor watch others' replays.

Goals for 2016: idk, I've started playing a different shooting game under the name of Sora
1CCs:
Normal: IN (6A and 6B), TD, DDC, UFO, MoF, SA, EoSD, PCB, PoFV, LoLK (Pointdevice, Legacy), HSiFS, WBaWC
Extra: MoF, DDC, UFO, IN, SA, TD, LoLK, HSiFS, WBaWC

SMW Central Profile | MyAnimeList