Author Topic: 東方三月精 ~ Visionary Fairies in Shrine. "Gensokyo's Weakest Are Back."  (Read 88096 times)

cuc

• Probably won't respond 'til this mess is sorted o?
Some images from this month's Comp Ace magazine have been leaked. Among them is an announcement for a new quarterly series written by ZUN, drawn by Makoto Hirasaka, to be launched in January 2016:

"Gensokyo's Weakest Are Back."

Touhou Sangetsusei ~ Visionary Fairies in Shrine.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2015, 06:18:45 PM by cuc »
Touhou Fantasy News: twitter

cuc

• Probably won't respond 'til this mess is sorted o?
Oh hello, I've been busy with work for the recent months. If you have any questions for me and didn't receive any response, this was why. I will probably remain busy for a while.

In Dec 21's Nikenme Radio stream, Okonogi mentioned publishing two issues of the Touhou magazine in the next year. It appears Touhou's publication schedule in 2016 will become:

Every 1 month: FS - Kosuzu
Every 2 months: WaHH - Kasen
Every 3 months: VFiS - Three Fairies of Light
Every 6 months: CoLA - Kourin
Touhou Fantasy News: twitter

kevin1127

• 古明地こいし is cute and beautiful!!
Three manga happening in the same time. This is too good I can't handle this.

Ps

• Hiding from LoLK spoilers
This is great news. I love the 3 fairies.

Suspicious person

• Just a humble wanderer
  • How suspicious~
New manga announcement ? Such a great new, this is ! It must be Christmas

CyberAngel

• Retired
Whoa, great to see them coming back!

The scedule IS curious, though. The better the publication, the rarer it will come out. Well, that's fine. Next few years are sure to be fun.

hungrybookworm

• Shipper On Board
Hurray for new fairies! And oh, it's quarterly? I had trouble reading the text in the photo, so I'm glad you confirmed that. As amazing as Fairies + Kosuzu would've been every month, I'm pretty glad it's only every now and then. ZUN needs a life, after all. (And thank god it'll be in comp ace I won't have to buy yet another magazine hahaha...)

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

PK

• Border of Whatever
Great news, at least got a present for christmas :V
I laughed at "Gensokyo's Weakest Are Back". It is actually written there?
The scedule IS curious, though. The better the publication, the rarer it will come out. Well, that's fine. Next few years are sure to be fun.
Well, i find FS to be better than WaHH.

Critz

• Heartwarming ★ Miracle
> http://i.imgur.com/LkB4y6x.jpg

Bummed as I am that my two favorite fairies seem to not be getting a main role,
Spoiler:
Daiyousei becoming full canon
is sure as hell going to make up for that.

If she's becoming canon, I think she needs a real name.

Drake

I laughed at "Gensokyo's Weakest Are Back". It is actually written there?Well, i find FS to be better than WaHH.
「幻想郷の最弱・再び!」 yeah

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Poor Daiyousai's on an official character sheet and STILL doesn't have an official name  :D

Plubio

• 宇宙少年
    • Suzunaan
If she's becoming canon, I think she needs a real name.

Hey, what's wrong with Big Fairy?
There are characters called Sunny Milk or.... Solid Snake.

:P

PK

• Border of Whatever
Poor Daiyousai's on an official character sheet and STILL doesn't have an official name  :D
Well, all of her "data" is left blank, including the species which should be obvious.
What's the last field though? Cirno has quite the list there.

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
Probably works the character is included in.

Dai's sheet needs to be filled in, it seems.
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

They're character nicknames/character titles, along with what work each title is from. "Ice Fairy of the Lake", "Unnatural Chill" etc. for Cirno.

Her parents were really uncreative.
My old avatars: Old ass turtle, Unzan - Second and Current Avatar by the talented Aoshi-shi

PK

• Border of Whatever
Better art from Makoto's site  :V

Espadas

• You're gonna have a bad time
A new Touhou manga it's fantastic news (although i still haven't got up to date with the other ones  :V)!
Dai-chan becoming canon and getting a bit of spotlight is even better!

*See Daiyousei's artwork in the character sheet*

......crap. "Shy-Daiyousei" is my personal headcanon.... if it becomes her official characterization i won't be held responsible for blatant fanboyism on my part  :D

......crap. "Shy-Daiyousei" is my personal headcanon.... if it becomes her official characterization i won't be held responsible for blatant fanboyism on my part  :D

Shy-Daiyousei, as far as I can infer from what little panel time she had, has been canon ever since her first (and only?) appearance in the original three fairies manga.  She was playing hide and go seek with Cirno and emphasized on the hiding part, and when Reimu (I think it was Reimu? Maybe Sakyua?) tried to talk to her, she was scared and flew away.

Espadas

Shy-Daiyousei, as far as I can infer from what little panel time she had, has been canon ever since her first (and only?) appearance in the original three fairies manga.  She was playing hide and go seek with Cirno and emphasized on the hiding part, and when Reimu (I think it was Reimu? Maybe Sakyua?) tried to talk to her, she was scared and flew away.

*take note to read the original manga at the earliest opportunity  :V

Good to know :)

Camilo113

• Luck, Resilience and Perseverance
  • Gensokyo is capable of change
> http://i.imgur.com/LkB4y6x.jpg

Why are people talking about Daiyousei becoming full canon? Is there something I'm missing?
Or are you actually believing that image is from Visionary Fairies in Shrine?

Sorry to crush your dreams but that's from an Unofficial Character Database in which Makoto Hirasaka collaborated with some portraits, along with other artists. It came out not so long ago (I believe) and has the information of characters from "the Embodiment of Scarlet Devil" to "Double Dealing Character".

I don't know how that image mixed with the announce of VFiS but I can assure you is non-canon/unsupervised by ZUN.

Critz

• Heartwarming ★ Miracle
...Well, that's awful.

Got that art and info from /jp/  (who got it from a japanese imageboard in turn) and not a soul as much as implied that it is non-canon for a long while. Since it's blatantly Hirasaka art, I assumed it must actually be connected to VFiS. Sorry for involuntarily spreading misinformation.

Well, there goes my hype for VFiS.  :matsuriscowl:
« Last Edit: December 31, 2015, 12:24:46 PM by Critz »

Zigzagwolf

• Kuruminist Touhou Player
Haven't yet read a lot of mangas personally, but I guess I'll read this one whenever I can, should be interesting.
Raid Kappatalism for great Kurumi!

Youtube channel My Youtube channel, I hope you enjoy my Touhou runs.

Espadas

Awww, too bad.
Well, it still focus on the fairies so it might be possible that Daiyousei is part of the story. Either way, it's still a welcome addition to the Touhouverse.

game2011

• mineiptXD
    • Supreme ??asual Dating Verified Women
Her parents were really uncreative.
Satori and Nue's parents too.

Reu

• Ambitious Youkai

Well, if the wiki is correct on ZUN's old blog, Koakuma and Daiyousei are supposed to be mischievous and carefree.
As far as what he himself thinks of the two midbosses's personality.
Sometimes Streams at Hitbox.tv/Reu

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
Being mischievous and carefree isn't mutually exclusive with being shy, though.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Reu

• Ambitious Youkai
Being mischievous and carefree isn't mutually exclusive with being shy, though.

It is when your personality is defined as shy, being shy to certain things and being a shy character is two different things in itself.
Sometimes Streams at Hitbox.tv/Reu