Author Topic: Mysteryland Mysteries  (Read 4375 times)

Mysteryland Mysteries
« on: December 13, 2015, 08:52:00 PM »
Hello dear readers and writers, today I'd like to show you something that me and a friend of mine have been working on for the past half year.

To start off, perhaps some of you are familiar with this image?

I've had a good laugh when I first saw this chart, which depicted our beloved Touhou characters with ridiculous Americanized names.

And then I started thinking:
"Hmm, what if this really did exist? I bet a talented author could rewrite the game scenarios as a really funny parody!
...wait a minute, I'm a wannabe-author. I know a bit about world building and comedic writing. Why don't I start it myself?
"

This was the spark that gave us Mysteryland Mysteries, a completely new interpretation to enjoy the world Gensokyo.
Lo and behold, we worked very hard on the concept and now already have tons of finished game scenarios and backstory documents.

But I just couldn't stop at the games.
Since we can inject all sorts of new backstory that would usually clash with the ZUN's own characters (such as given ages), I've felt that an introduction story is in order to ease you into Mysteryland.

So here's my first real fanfic: Mysteryland Prologues.
The story of a young black-white witch, who just left her home and steps into a new unknown world.

For now, I'd just love to hear what you guys think of this story and get some solid feedback.
But if you liked this and would like to know more about Mysteryland, go check out our translation portal.