Author Topic: Urban Legend in Limbo English patch  (Read 68755 times)

Re: Urban Legend in Limbo English patch
« Reply #60 on: March 02, 2017, 11:17:22 PM »
The HM music patch changes the name of Mamizou's theme to Futatsuiwa from Sado. This is incorrect, as it doesn't change the song to HM's mix of the TD song, but to Futatsuiwa from Gensokyo, her new theme also from HM. So either the changed song is wrong (should have been the former) or the changed title is wrong (should have been kept as it is in the base game).

Personally hoping for the former since the ZUN song kind of sticks out from all the U2 remixes but yeah.

« Reply #61 on: April 04, 2017, 05:44:17 AM »
Uh, hi. So a few days ago, there was a new patch for Touhou 14.5, and it is in 1.40. So I'm just gonna ask if patching the updated game into the translation one, will it go back to an outdated version of ULiL?

I loved the update so much, but I want to play it in English.

« Reply #62 on: April 04, 2017, 07:32:40 PM »
Hi. Well, some of the files will go back to 1.32. And... when I think about it, the last word names are in a file that seems to contain the characters' scripts, so using the translation patch might revert most of the changes added in 1.40.

« Reply #63 on: April 19, 2017, 06:30:18 AM »
Okay, but do the translation patch tean who made the one from 1.32 will make one for the 1.40 though? Just asking. Thanks for the answer :)

« Reply #64 on: April 27, 2017, 01:13:25 PM »
1.41 have been released yesterday, and that one has a different executable than 1.40. That means updating the patch will take some time.
And Tasofro tends to release several bugfixes after releasing a new version, so I think we'll wait a while before updating the patch, to ensure Tasofro doesn't waste our efforts by releasing another new version.
I think we'll work on it after investigating the AoFC demo.

« Reply #65 on: June 24, 2017, 01:26:51 PM »
Hey there you all, so it's been a few weeks since the demos released and I was wondering if Team Occult had developed any plans for updating the English patch for ULiL up to 1.41 yet? Are you working on it now or planning to wait a little bit more?

« Reply #66 on: June 24, 2017, 03:02:06 PM »
We began to work on it a few days ago, and we shared a test release of the static patch on the thcrap discord server yesterday. The static patch should be ready in a few days, and the thcrap support will take more time.

« Reply #67 on: June 24, 2017, 03:24:53 PM »
Here's the test version:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/krlnb1q3m60cye5/th145e_141.rar?dl=0

Patching the new files is a real pain, so I'm not sure if it's 100% clean. If you could test it for any oddities (like in the menus, interfaces and gameplay) that'd be great.
No changes have been made to story mode, it's all balancing.

« Reply #68 on: June 24, 2017, 06:51:10 PM »
Thanks, I'll look around inside and let you know if I notice any missing or out of place dialogue or text. Feel free to let other people know so they can help too if you want.

We really appreciate all of you for your efforts and hard work! ^_^

Edit: After looking through it for a while, everything seems to be okay with the exception of the Last Word announcements appearing untranslated.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2017, 11:19:16 PM by Dream Traveler »

HumanReploidJP

• The Scripter with Something of Common Sense
  • "Start the life of an idol! Let's get STAR~ted!"
    • HumanReploidJP's Youtube Channel
« Reply #69 on: September 12, 2017, 09:37:25 PM »
I found the english version of Urban Legend in Limbo very amazing. The fonts during the dialogue were pretty cool.
MiraikeiBudoukan (Futuristic Vineyard) Game Concepts (WIP)
(Non-Touhou, yet bullet-hell-Inspirable (Like JynX). Don't get serious.)

« Reply #70 on: February 03, 2018, 01:04:24 PM »
It took a huge amount of time (mostly because nobody wanted to go back to working on that static patch and someone else (Bimo) was kind enough to do the last fixes a few days ago), but the static English patch for v1.41 is finally done: http://www.mediafire.com/file/v39ga9y7iob6jfj/Touhou_14_5_English_Patch_v1_41.zip