Author Topic: Urban Legend in Limbo English patch  (Read 68728 times)

Leon゠Helsing

• 0 - The Fool
  • Pave your own path
Re: Urban Legend in Limbo English patch
« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2016, 12:54:09 AM »
Multiplayer modding would be the most reasonable explanation to implement anti-hacking methods, because it's not cool if cheaters try to ruin your fun. And of course Tasofro has every right to secure themselves from 3rd parties tampering with their product.
Not quite, I don't think. At least not from what mauve told me:
So let's talk fighting games and netplay and how 'cheats' work. It's a peer to peer connection, meaning the two clients are directly connected, and the only game information that is transferred is input data. If any input data is modified on one side only, the game desyncs and becomes unplayable. If any game data is changed on one side only, the game desyncs and becomes unplayable. If their coding isn't deterministic, the game desyncs and becomes unplayable. So the most you can do is macros, which, honestly, don't even need to link into the program. So they can't be after that.

If they're worried about stats being manipulated for their online matching thingamabob, well, they better figure it out on the server side, because, again, you don't even need to modify the game for that. You can just catch the packets that it sends before they get to the server. You probably don't even need the game for this. Whoops.

So, quite frankly, their protection is either misguided or it is specifically targeting modders.

Not that it'll stop anyone determined enough.

« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2016, 04:14:36 PM »
Could it be that TasFro doesn't want the sauce code to be easily available in case someone takes it and makes their own game out of it and profit from it? Maybe the lead developer left a nudie pic of his girlfriend in their and forgot to take it out... I don't know, I'm reaching here.
The only thing I found in there was tons of leftover images from th135, and some new unused images which I mindlessly translated anyway, like this one:

Not quite, I don't think. At least not from what mauve told me:
Well in that case, their protection was futile altogether.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 04:19:14 PM by Splashman »

« Reply #32 on: January 18, 2016, 06:01:58 AM »
The only thing I found in there was tons of leftover images from th135, and some new unused images which I mindlessly translated anyway

Well, you never know until you find out for yourself. Hopefully just cracking this game and bending it to your will was satisfying enough for Team Occult.

I played through all of the story mode recently on normal and I have to say it is a great improvement over HM. The combat is more fluid and the new control layout makes pulling off special moves easier to do... I still miss being able to use multiple different spell cards in one battle though so Unthinkable Natural Law is still my #1 Touhou fighter but ULiL is definitely a close second.

And of course, I wouldn't have been able to experience it for myself until I got a new computer if it wasn't for brliron and his XP tweak. Thanks again you marvelous legend!

Python

• Plains of Chi-u have no end.
  • They are boundless and last forever.
« Reply #33 on: March 08, 2016, 06:38:45 PM »
Stupid question is stupid, but will this work with the newest version (1.22)?
Have a look at my truly scrumptious scripts!.

Leon゠Helsing

• 0 - The Fool
  • Pave your own path
« Reply #34 on: March 09, 2016, 11:42:03 AM »
You can patch the latest version, but the patch itself will use v1.11 files so the game will be running in that version. Brliron is currently waiting for a little bit longer after 1.30 releases just to make sure there will be no more updates released in a while, I think.

« Reply #35 on: March 12, 2016, 12:31:24 AM »
Stupid question is stupid, but will this work with the newest version (1.22)?
Not yet, but you can update the JP version if you want. Our patch runs independently from it.

You can patch the latest version, but the patch itself will use v1.11 files so the game will be running in that version. Brliron is currently waiting for a little bit longer after 1.30 releases just to make sure there will be no more updates released in a while, I think.

Exactly, we'll get to updating the translation patch as soon as Tasofro stops throwing out new updates every week.

« Reply #36 on: May 20, 2016, 08:25:21 PM »
Hey guys, sorry it took so long, but we finally updated the English patch to v1.31!
https://www.dropbox.com/s/k5nhxx58jj120ss/Touhou_14_5_English_Patch_v1_31.zip?dl=0

This should include all official fixes by TasoFro, and also a new optional addon features such as Th13.5 BGM and rewritten Marisa/Futo dialogue in standardized English (a few people did request that).

It's still the unofficial release, so please tell us if you find any bugs or oddities.

Code: [Select]
Touhou Project 14.5 Urban Legend in Limbo - English Patch v1.31 (16-05-20)
Patched by Team Occult

Install Instructions
--------------------
1. Unpack the contents inside the root folder of Touhou 14.5.
2. Start the game with th145e.exe.
(Fonts do not need to be installed.)

!!Add-ons!!
English Patch 1.31 comes with a new set of optional, stackable patches.

th145e1.pak: Changes story mode to play the character themes instead of the generic story BGM.
th145e2.pak: Changes all character BGM to their respective Touhou 13.5 themes (except for Mokou, Shinmyoumaru, Kasen and Sumireko).
th145e3.pak: Marisa and Futo dialogue rewritten in standardized English (generic story BGM).
th145e4.pak: Marisa and Futo dialogue rewritten in standardized English (character themes in story mode).
th145e5.pak: Network mode and IP-block removal fix.

Put them from the "addon" folder into the root dir of Touhou 14.5 with your desired effects.
For example:
th145e1: Story mode BGM changes only.
th145e2: 13.5 Themes in VS mode only.
th145e1 + th145e2: Story mode BGM changes with 13.5 Themes.

To get rid of the effects, remove any add-on pak from the root folder.

Deinstall Instructions
----------------------
Simply delete the content files below (except for th145b.pak).

Contents
--------
-th145e.exe: Modified executable (16-05-20)
-th145e.dll: Modified library (16-05-20)
-th145b.pak: Official Touhou 14.5 v1.31 update (16-04-21)
-th145e.pak: Modified game contents of Touhou 14.5 v1.31 update (16-05-20)
-Delius-Mod.ttf, Noto Sans-Mod.ttf, NotoSansJP-Medium.otf: Modified fonts for dialogue and front end. (15-12-07)
-th145e_patch_readme.txt: That thing you're reading right now. (16-05-20)
-addon/th145e1.pak: Add-on for character BGM in story mode (16-05-20)
-addon/th145e2.pak: Add-on for Touhou 13.5 Character BGM (16-05-20)
-addon/th145e3.pak: Add-on for rewritten Marisa+Futo dialogue (16-05-20)
-addon/th145e4.pak: Add-on for rewritten Marisa+Futo dialogue plus character BGM in story mode (16-05-20)
-addon/th145e5.pak: Add-on for network fix. (16-05-20)

« Last Edit: May 20, 2016, 08:27:33 PM by Splashman »

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #37 on: May 21, 2016, 12:35:00 AM »
Out of curiosity, what is the "network fix"? I know about the IP block thing where the game force closes.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

« Reply #38 on: May 21, 2016, 08:24:56 PM »
The "network fix" is the IP block removal.

« Reply #39 on: May 23, 2016, 11:56:52 PM »
It seems like the patch may be overriding the effect of Miko's occult attack whereby the colours of the selection buttons are swapped sometimes. It should be occurring roughly 50% of the time, but I haven't been able to get it to proc.

« Reply #40 on: May 27, 2016, 12:33:49 PM »
It seems like the patch may be overriding the effect of Miko's occult attack whereby the colours of the selection buttons are swapped sometimes. It should be occurring roughly 50% of the time, but I haven't been able to get it to proc.

The update changed this image, and I modified it accordingly. Not sure why there'd be any issue with it.

Python

« Reply #41 on: June 16, 2016, 05:16:28 PM »
I'm trying to extract the th145.pak file using arc_unpacker in order to gain access to a few images missing from the rip as well as sounds and music, and everything's working fine and dandy. However it's spitting everything into the same folder and naming it unk_somethingsomething which makes it really hard to tell apart things. Am I just being really dumb and doing something wrong or why does it not preserve the original folder structure as indicated by the file list in the "etc" folder?

« Reply #42 on: June 17, 2016, 09:12:54 AM »
Do you have a folder named called "data", containing files with correct names?
If you do, that's normal. All the unk_something files are files absent from etc/th145-file-names.lst.
If you don't, well... that's strange. Can I see the command line you used? Did you use th135-file-names.lst instead of th145-file-names.lst by any chance?

Python

« Reply #43 on: June 17, 2016, 06:27:32 PM »
I didn't use any command lines, I used a pre-built executable that I found on the GitHub page. It did include the th145 list, but perhaps it's not added in the code. I didn't compile it myself because doing so would take ages because I'd have to get all the libraries and a compiler first, and I wouldn't be surprised if the prebuilt executable is outdated.

« Reply #44 on: June 17, 2016, 10:46:48 PM »
You didn't compile it yourself, but how did you run it? You dropped the pak file on the executable? If so, you did it wrong. You need to run it with the --file-names=etc/th145-file-names.lst command-line argument.

Python

« Reply #45 on: June 18, 2016, 08:42:16 AM »
Oh, alright then, I'll give it a try.

EDIT: It appears to be working now, thanks for your help!
« Last Edit: June 18, 2016, 08:51:25 AM by Python »

« Reply #46 on: June 18, 2016, 03:08:46 PM »
You're welcome

« Reply #47 on: June 25, 2016, 05:55:49 PM »
Do I need to run the update for the patch to work?

« Reply #48 on: June 25, 2016, 08:55:03 PM »
You shouldn't need to.

« Reply #49 on: June 25, 2016, 09:14:01 PM »
Good cause I can't seem to find the update download XD

« Reply #50 on: July 07, 2016, 11:29:34 AM »
Hi !

One week ago, I downloaded your patch and everything was working but now, everytime I try to launch the patched launcher, my AV (Trend Micro Titanium Security) marks it as a Trojan and deletes it. Is my antivirus wrong or something ?

Antivirus Report : http://imgur.com/a/EqPOT

« Reply #51 on: July 07, 2016, 09:14:39 PM »
Err... It shouldn't happen. I would understand if th145e.dll was marked as a trojan, but th145e.exe is a slightly modified version of the original th145.exe v1.31. If your AV accepts the original game (but I think I heard some AV don't), it should accept the th145e.exe.

« Reply #52 on: September 22, 2016, 09:23:04 AM »
Touhou 14.5 v1.32e

Sorry it took so long. Considering that I literally had no files to change, I have no real excuse for this long delay.

Anyway, this one includes the official 1.32 package and a few minor fixes in the endings.

Also: With 1.31e patch we've included an add-on package th145e5.pak, which fixed some netplay problems. As of 1.32, Tasofro took care of the issue themselves, so this netplay fix is no longer needed.
If you're still using th145e5.pak, please delete it.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #53 on: November 24, 2016, 02:08:34 AM »
Sorry to resurrect this, but I've encountered a weird problem. On Ichirin's ending, the text for the fourth part (just after "For some reason my memories of the past few days are all fuzzy") does not appear. Then if you try to advance the text, the screen goes black.

I've not had any problems with Marisa and Kasen's endings, haven't been able to try anyone else's to see if they have issues like this.

« Reply #54 on: November 24, 2016, 09:44:31 AM »
Someone reported that a month ago, but... I think we forgot to check. At least I did. I'll ask Splashman about that.

« Reply #55 on: November 24, 2016, 04:55:03 PM »
Sorry to resurrect this, but I've encountered a weird problem. On Ichirin's ending, the text for the fourth part (just after "For some reason my memories of the past few days are all fuzzy") does not appear. Then if you try to advance the text, the screen goes black.

I've not had any problems with Marisa and Kasen's endings, haven't been able to try anyone else's to see if they have issues like this.
Yes, I've fixed that on October 19th. If you had the patch before that date, try re-downloading (same link).

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #56 on: November 24, 2016, 10:22:20 PM »
Thank you! I got mine a couple days ago off the touhou wiki link.

« Reply #57 on: November 24, 2016, 10:55:09 PM »
Thank you! I got mine a couple days ago off the touhou wiki link.
A couple of days ago? That's odd, then you should have had the fixed version.

After a fresh download, can you confirm that Ichirin's ending works now?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #58 on: November 25, 2016, 06:23:05 AM »
It'll be a bit, won't be home for a week and a half.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #59 on: December 02, 2016, 05:16:34 PM »
Back home; Ichirin's ending works now. Thank you very much for the hook-up!