Author Topic: Choose Your Own Quest  (Read 19387 times)

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
Re: Choose Your Own Quest
« Reply #30 on: December 03, 2015, 04:17:54 PM »
>Follow them rabbits

> You start following the rabbits. Not that you can keep up. They are small and far more nimble through the bamboo than you are. That said; you also know the way to Eientei anyway.

> You stop just short of Eientei. You're not welcome here for obvious Kaguya-related reasons.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Hope ♦ Metal

• Royal Flares Can't Melt Steel Beams
  • Donald Trump will make waifus real
« Reply #31 on: December 03, 2015, 04:23:26 PM »
>Wait and see if Tewi or Reisen show up somehow.

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #32 on: December 03, 2015, 05:25:46 PM »
>Consider capturing and interrogating a rabbit, in a friendly manner.
[9:49:09] <Purvis> Generally not, but your mother may be an exception.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #33 on: December 03, 2015, 06:00:16 PM »
>Wait and see if Tewi or Reisen show up somehow.

> You wait. You imagine Reisen is probobly at Eientei already but maybe Tewi was overseeing some rabbits...

>Consider capturing and interrogating a rabbit, in a friendly manner.

> You give up after a short period, as the stream of rabbits noticeably decreases, and grab a rabbit who strays a little too near you.

> Unfortunately, the rabbit immediately screams in shock as you grab her. You cover her mouth quickly however.

> The rabbit is small; even for the Inaba. She has short brown hair with a white spot on the left side. Her ears are brown. Her outfit is the same as every other Earth Inaba.

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
  • Everything will be daijoubu... hopefully
« Reply #34 on: December 03, 2015, 06:53:15 PM »
>"What's with the rush?"

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #35 on: December 03, 2015, 07:55:19 PM »
>"What's with the rush?"

> The rabbit responds, when you let her mouth open to answer; by screaming for help.

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #36 on: December 04, 2015, 05:24:23 AM »
> "Oy!"
> Cover her mouth again.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #37 on: December 04, 2015, 10:20:51 AM »
> "Oy!"
> Cover her mouth again.

> You cover the rabbit's mouth again. She looks annoyed.

> Tewi pokes her head out from between some bamboo.

> "Oh; it's you." Tewi says, clearly not happy to see you.

> The rabbit you have hold of makes a muffled sound that sounds kinda like 'Boss'.

> "Would you mind telling me why you're handling Spot 78? Didn't you read the sign? No petting the rabbits." Tewi says in a nonchalant tone, before she suddenly puts on a creepy grin.

"I'm sure you'd like to see Eirin angry and all that, I mean, she's just on the other side of this thicket, just outside Eientei, with all the other rabbits. But trust me, even an immortal wouldn't want to get her mad. There are fates worse than death you know."

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
  • Everything will be daijoubu... hopefully
« Reply #38 on: December 05, 2015, 07:18:22 PM »
>"Whatever..." Set the rabbit down.
>"Mind telling me what's going on then?"

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #39 on: December 05, 2015, 09:20:50 PM »
>"Whatever..." Set the rabbit down.
>"Mind telling me what's going on then?"

> You set the rabbit down. She huffs at you and runs off.

> "We don't exactly know what is going on. Eirin just got some news from Aya, who looked really worried and her face fell. She asked to gather all the rabbits. All of them." Tewi said.

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #40 on: December 06, 2015, 06:29:41 AM »
> Do the rest of Eientei's mooks know we don't have a burning hatred for them?
> "Oho, 'zat so? Sounds interestin'. Wonder what could possibly get Doc in a tizzy. Count me in."
« Last Edit: December 06, 2015, 06:33:01 AM by Kilgamayan »

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #41 on: December 06, 2015, 07:42:15 AM »
> Do the rest of Eientei's mooks know we don't have a burning hatred for them?
> "Oho, 'zat so? Sounds interestin'. Wonder what could possibly get Doc in a tizzy. Count me in."

> Most of them are not very bright. They are smarter than fairies, but that is not saying much. From what you gather they tend to be scared of most things. Not just you.

> Tewi's eyes sparkle for a moment. "I know." she says.

> "But still, obviously with the Princewss and all the Inaba right there you going ahead is a pretty stupid idea. I can't trust either of you idiots together around each other and my rabbits. Or my house. Tellya what. I'll come back here after Eirin's finished."

> Tewi vanishes into the Bamboo, and returns about five minuites later, with a very worried look on her face. She passes you a copy of a newspaper, which you guess is the Bunbunmaru.

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
  • but I don't exactly hate that
« Reply #42 on: December 06, 2015, 11:34:21 AM »
>read it
>Link to my Steam Account: Add me! http://steamcommunity.com/id/9898981-02
--------------------------------------

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #43 on: December 06, 2015, 11:54:03 AM »
>read it

> The frontpage has the headline 'Strange Youkai in Gensokyo'

According to the article the youkai, who's species has not been identified yet; broke through the Hakurei Barrier and torched Reimu's shrine, before it flew towards the mountain ranges. Along the way it also set significant amounts of the Fairy Wood alight, and tried to attack Aya. The article claims that the youkai doesn't even know Japanese it seems, since when Aya tried to interview it it just responded in sounds she did not recognize. It didn't sound Chinese either, according to Aya.

> There is a picture of a massive youkai; in it's bestial form, maw open. Knowing Aya she purposefully goaded it to attack her for a better shot of it attacking her.

> The youkai is clearly reptillian in nature and very large, although the exact size is difficult to tell from the picture in the sky. It has a very large set of teeth; and appears to possibly be quadrupedal. You can't see much more than it's head and front of it's body due to the proximity of the shot. Since the Bunbunmaru is printed in black-and-white, the color isn't clear either.

> "Obviously; anything that can break the Hakurei Barrier is pretty bad news. The last time that happened it was two and a half Gods." Tewi explains. "And bad news that is also violent is even worse."

> You keep reading to see that there is an interview with a ash-covered Reimu, standing in front of the burnt-out remains of the Hakurei Shrine. She looks furious in the picture. Even Reimu claims to not know what sort of youkai this is, but vows she will resolve the incident. She also warns that the youkai is not using the spellcard rules, and probobly doesn't even know of them, so not to engage it unless you are willing to risk actual harm. Finally; she claims the Shinre was attacked while she was busy repairing the holw the Youkai punched through the barrier, so she didn't lose to it or anything. Aya casts doubt on this claim pointing out the fact that Reimu was probobly too lazy to imediately go fix the barrier and that she is covered in soot and ash, before noteing she does seem unharmed.

> You think you can see that Bakeneko which is linked with Yukari peering out from just behind the Hakurei Shrine. You can't tell for sure; you can only see the top-left corner of her head but the hat looks familiar. The article makes no mention on this in it. In fact, you can barely make it out yourself. [Although you are sure Aya probobly noticed if you can]
« Last Edit: December 06, 2015, 11:57:31 AM by Raikaria »

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
  • but I don't exactly hate that
« Reply #44 on: December 06, 2015, 11:57:53 AM »
>There can only be one infamous arsonist in gensokyo, let's set off to defeat that evil!

>Link to my Steam Account: Add me! http://steamcommunity.com/id/9898981-02
--------------------------------------

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #45 on: December 06, 2015, 01:19:09 PM »
> Before leaving...
> Frown and hand the paper back.
> "Well that ain't good. Guess I better take care of this before someone gets killed that won't bounce right back."

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #46 on: December 06, 2015, 02:42:39 PM »
> Before leaving...
> Frown and hand the paper back.
> "Well that ain't good. Guess I better take care of this before someone gets killed that won't bounce right back."

> Tewi takes the paper back.

> "I'll just tell the Princess the youkai got you and you're regenerateing over and over in it's belly so she won't look for you if she gets bored." Tewi says.

>There can only be one infamous arsonist in gensokyo, let's set off to defeat that evil!

> Good. Evil. You're seen so much over your life that you know better than that.

---

> You begin to head out of the Bamboo Forest. As you do so; however, you see that werewolf youkai that lurks around here again. Unlike usual; where she just runs away, this time she actually walks in front of you.

> Despite both of you living in the bamboo forest, this youkai has had the agility and good sense to stay out of your way until now. You don't actually know who she is, she's never introduced herself. However, you do know that unlike Keine, who considers herself human, this Werewolf considers herself a youkai and even runs a 'Youkai Grassroots Society'. The gathering of youkai in the forest on a full moon is something you'd want to check out, but every time you try Kaguya gets in your way, the Lunarian Princess being exceptionally lively on a full moon.

> "That whole affair with the leader of the rabbits seemed interesting." she says calmly.  "You know, I've been trying to figure you out for a while now. What type of human you are. You hang around with that Were-Hakutu; and seclude yourself from human society. You seem to not actively hunt youkai like several strong humans do. Yet you seem to live to fight sometimes."

> Her eyes glint.

> "Are you sure hunting that youkai is the right action? You could just add more fuel to the flames. From the sounds of it, that youkai has entered Gensokyo somehow and is confused. It doesn't even understand what we are saying. Maybe it is lashing out because it is scared."

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #47 on: December 06, 2015, 03:27:41 PM »
> "You wanna come with, then? Try your way first?"

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #48 on: December 06, 2015, 04:01:00 PM »
> "You wanna come with, then? Try your way first?"

> The offer makes the youkai look very surprised.

> "I... I don't really leave the Bamboo Forest... I don't even know Gensokyo any further than the Human Village." she says shyly.

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #49 on: December 06, 2015, 04:27:39 PM »
> How well do WE know Gensokyo outside the Bamboo Forest and the Human Village?

> How large is this woman, anyway?

> Shrug.
> "No time like the present, yeah? If you got an idea, y'might as well try to see it through. Especially since I can't promise you anything if that thing makes the first move."

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #50 on: December 06, 2015, 04:44:20 PM »
> How well do WE know Gensokyo outside the Bamboo Forest and the Human Village?

> How large is this woman, anyway?

> Shrug.
> "No time like the present, yeah? If you got an idea, y'might as well try to see it through. Especially since I can't promise you anything if that thing makes the first move."

> You've been in Gensokyo for a few hundred years. You know your way around. Admittedly you don't know the exact locations of some newer places; such as the Moriya Shrine or the Mouyren Temple, but landmarks like that should be easy to find from the air. Although you're not sure how it can be hard it is to find the mountain ranges which are visible from most locations in Gensokyo which are not completely covered in trees or bamboo.

> Her size is a bit hard to tell due to her puffy dress. She is however about a head taller than you are, since you physically stopped growing at the age of a late teen due to the effects of the Hourai Elixir making your body 'eternal'. Meanwhile this youkai is clearly an adult.

> "I don't have an idea. I just don't think the solution is to always exterminate the youkai." the werewolf snarls. "That sort of behavior just makes the youkai angry and they attack in defense and people get hurt. Then those people go beat up the youkai and it just starts over."

> The youkai's ears twitch and she closes her eyes, thinking for a few moments.

> "Perhaps we should find someone who can communicate with something that cannot speak Japanese if we wish to try and reason with this youkai." the werewolf suggests. "Unfortunately; I neither know anyone who can, or can myself speak other languages. Although it might be hard. All we know is that the youkai doesn't speak Japanese, and isn't speaking Chinese."

> Due to a significant amount of youkai who originate from China or have spent time there, Chinese is considered Gensokyo's second language, although most Gensokyo inhabitants can't speak it at all. [Although the majority of Gensokyo's inhabitants are also Fairies, who hardly have the mental capacity for one language.]

> The third most spoken language in Gensokyo is Romanian. Which is basically only spoken by the Scarlets. And they are fluent in Japanese anyway, so only ever speak Romanian if they want to be secretive.

> You presume the Lunarians have their own language but you've only ever seen Kaguya; Eirin and Reisen speaking Japanese.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2015, 04:50:25 PM by Raikaria »

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #51 on: December 06, 2015, 04:58:05 PM »
> "Then we'll go to the village. Keine knows all sorts'a shit. If anyone can help you, she can."

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #52 on: December 06, 2015, 10:36:13 PM »
> "Then we'll go to the village. Keine knows all sorts'a shit. If anyone can help you, she can."

> The youkai looks apprehensive.

> "I'm not going into the village. I'll wait around it." she says. "I don't trust myself. Werewolves have an instinct to bite humans. Not just for food, but to make more werewolves. The only reason I haven't attacked you is because my nose can tell you are not quite human."

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #53 on: December 07, 2015, 11:59:52 AM »
> "Y'can't just ignore it?"

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #54 on: December 07, 2015, 06:04:46 PM »
> "Y'can't just ignore it?"

> "I'm not sure about you, but it's not easy to ignore a combination for a desire to eat and a desire to reproduce at the same time." the youkai says. "Why do you think I live out here?"

> She fidgets.

> "I also don't get on with the Were-Hakutu. At all."

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #55 on: December 07, 2015, 06:20:48 PM »
> "Well, that's a problem, innit? Since that's who I was goin' to see."

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #56 on: December 07, 2015, 09:50:53 PM »
> "Well, that's a problem, innit? Since that's who I was goin' to see."

> "We have very different views on our... gifts." the werewolf says in a almost sullen tone. "She sees hers as a curse. She denies her true nature. She lives a lie. I embrace it."

> The youkai howls; and transforms into a wolf. You recognize it almost immediately as a Honshu; signalling this youkai must be pretty old.

> She howls again and transforms back.

> "Pretending to be a human as a Half-Beast is living a lie. Especially in a position such as Kamishirasawa's. We are half-beasts. Denying the beast half is denying yourself. The two only merge on a full moon, but that does not mean you can ignore the other half's existence the other 27 days."

> The youkai seems almost disgusted as she talks about Keine.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 09:58:00 PM by Raikaria »

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #57 on: December 07, 2015, 10:15:28 PM »
> "Huh. Gotta say, that's a funny way of lookin' at it, when she's free to roam around out there while you've chained yourself here."
> Shrug.
> "But what do I know, eh? I ain't exactly an expert on the subject."

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #58 on: December 07, 2015, 10:54:45 PM »
> "Huh. Gotta say, that's a funny way of lookin' at it, when she's free to roam around out there while you've chained yourself here."
> Shrug.
> "But what do I know, eh? I ain't exactly an expert on the subject."

> The youkai looks very angry, but simmers down equally quickly, before she walks away slowly.

> "Fine. I'll prove it to you; human." she growls. "I am not chained here."

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #59 on: December 07, 2015, 11:59:33 PM »
> Chuckle internally.
> Follow!