Author Topic: Choose Your Own Quest  (Read 19390 times)

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
Choose Your Own Quest
« on: December 01, 2015, 08:17:28 AM »
*A book falls from the sky in front of you and your fellow MotK'ers*

"Things have gotten boring lately. So I decided to let a little 'outside influence' slip in." a voice says from the darkness. "The book will give you the ability to have a little fun. I call it the 'Book of Gensokyian Minors'."

> Open Book

The first page is listed 'Rules':

To begin with; you must select a character to control.
You may only vote for one character.
The character cannot either be a major power within Gensokyo; or be strong enough to be one if they simply bothered. This excludes:
Yukari Yakumo; Ran Yakumo; Remilia Scarlet; Flandre Scarlet; Reimu Hakurei; Marisa Kirisame; Sanae Kochiya; Suwako Moriya; Kanako Yasaka; Utsuho Reijui; Eirin Yagokoro; Kaguya Houraisan; Lord Tenma; Byakuren Hijiri; Toyosatomimi no Miko; Mima; Yuuka Kazami; Shinki; Tenshi Hinanawi; Shiki Eiki [Yamaxanadu]; Mamizou Futatsuiwa; Suika Ibuki; Yuugi Hoshiguma and ANYONE who currently resides on the Moon or in the Real World.
The character you vote for must have a name

It is possible for multiple characters to be under command. Some situations involve characters who are inseparable; such as Unzan and Ichirin. Others may be a case of subordinates; such as Seiga and Yoshika. Others may arise as you play. Other situations exist where control may be granted over multiple characters. It is important to note even characters who are a group; such as The Three Fairies, will not have control granted over all three if you pick one. To have control over a character you must gain it.

Every character has different attributes, abilities and items. They are better and worse at tasks than others. An example:
Keine, in her human form, would have among the lowest strengths in the game, unable to hit as hard or lift as much. She is not very fast or agile; especially by Gensokyo standards. However, she would be able to perform things that require a lot more brainpower due to her intellect. Flying would be more tireing for her than most, since it is not a natural human thing, nor her ability [Like Reimu].

Compare Cirno, who is pretty fast and agile [aided by her size] but attempting to do anything that requires a decent amount of actual brainpower will probobly fail. Cirno is also even weaker physically than Human Keine. Flying is virtually effortless for a Fairy.

You may ask for a summary of key points of a character during the selection process.

Note it is possible for actions you command characters to take to fail based on a lot of factors. Do not expect Cirno to be able to talk down a situation well. Do not expect the anti-social Alice to be particularly good in social situations. Do not expect Aya to happily go underground and talk to Yuugi due to the history between Tengu and Oni. Your 'commands' act as the character's thoughts. Not their actual ability or actions. Of course, you can overcome these weaknesses, but it would take practice and effort on the character's part.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

PX

• School Idol?
Re: Choose Your Own Quest
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2015, 08:22:43 AM »
Fujiwara no Mokou

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2015, 09:16:35 AM »
>Read the second page.
As for voting, Unnamed Giant Catfish.

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2015, 09:56:53 AM »
>"Gensokyan Minors" eh?
Rumia
[9:49:09] <Purvis> Generally not, but your mother may be an exception.

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
  • but I don't exactly hate that
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2015, 09:58:33 AM »
Mokouuuu
>Link to my Steam Account: Add me! http://steamcommunity.com/id/9898981-02
--------------------------------------

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
  • Everything will be daijoubu... hopefully
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2015, 10:01:56 AM »
Orange. She has a name, right?
Alice Margatroid

LaserTurtle

• Master of the lurk
  • *sips tea*
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2015, 10:11:06 AM »
>Rinnosuke Morichika
Time to play shopkeep simulator!
Off The Rails [complete!] 1  2 - Sharks jumped: Somewhere between one and all of them
Talking to yourself isn't a sign of madness. Expecting a reply is.
Stare too long into the abyss and the abyss stares back, and then it gets awkward until one of you breaks eye contact.

Failure McFailFace

• I'm h...a...p...p...y...
  • Impor
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2015, 12:07:34 PM »
what
>Sekibanki, the dullahan delinquent
1cc Easy: DDC (all) | 1cc Normal: UFO (SanA autobomb),  DDC (ReiA, SakA) , LoLK (Sanae PD)| EX clears: DDC (MarB Ultra) | Puzzle Games: StB: 10-X, DS: Hatate unlock, ISC: All clear

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2015, 12:23:29 PM »
Voting shall remain open for a while~

Fujiwara no Mokou

Mokouuuu

> The rules page transforms into the 'Mokou' preveiw:

> Species: Human [Hourai-Enhanced]
Key Notes:
No match for most youkai in raw strength [She is after all still a human], but makes up for it with experience and agility. Pretty fast too.
Energy reserves; while finite; are far greater than even most youkai
Very bad social skills. A Loner.
Impulsive aggression towards Kaguya Houraisan
High mastery of power over Fire
Near-instant Ressurective Immortality
Incredible pain tolerance.
Questionable sanity; given she has been outright insane for over 200 years before
Suffers from guilt

>Read the second page.
As for voting, Unnamed Giant Catfish.

> Unnamed Giant Catfish neither exists [He is a figment of Meiling's imagination] or has a name

>"Gensokyan Minors" eh?
Rumia

> Rumia
> Species: Youkai
> Key Notes:
- Physically weak for a youkai due to her size. Still stronger than adult male humans by a fair amount however. Is fairly agile but not that fast.
- Hates sunlight
- Lacks ability to see within her own darkness, although she can see in 'natural darkness' like other youkai
- Low intellect; and equally bad social skills
- Likes to eat humans. Often forgets she's not supposed to anymore.
- Sealing Ribbon she cannot touch upon head

Orange. She has a name, right?
Alice Margatroid
Orange is valid
> Alice Margatroid
> Species: Demon [Makai Native]
> Physical power, agility and speed is average for a human of her gender and size. However, her magical power is incredible, although she usually seals most of it. Magical Power increases in areas high in magical maisma.
> A recluse. Her social skills are poor. She is intelligent however.
> Always brings Shanghai and Hourai dolls wherever she goes. Playing as Alice grants you COMMAND over these two dolls at all times. Other dolls must be brought with you, or summoned viva spellcard [Upon timeout or spellbreak they return home].
> Always carries The Grimoire of Alice, inside which most of her magical power is sealed.
> Extremely prideful, to the point she is reluctant to fight seriously so she has a fallback.
> Extremely good co-ordination and dexterity

>Rinnosuke Morichika
Time to play shopkeep simulator!

> Rinnosuke Morichika
> Species: Human/Youkai Hybrid
> Slightly above average physical attributes compared to a human male of similar physique due to his youkai heritage.
> High intelligence; good social skills
> Knows most living beings in Gensokyo at a minimum of acquaintance level.
> Has a significant amount of artifacts, although most are useless
> Has almost no natural magical power, to the degree he is incapable of even using danmaku. However, it is feasible that if he could obtain significantly powerful artifacts, he could use them as a magical focus akin to Kaguya Houraisan; Keine Kamishirasawa or Shou Toramaru.
> Is a skilled artificer [Repairer of magical tools]

what
>Sekibanki, the dullahan delinquent

> Sekibanki
> Species: Youkai [Rokurokubi]
> Average physical attributes for a youkai, so you could easily defeat an able-bodied human in physical combat.
> Average intelligence
> Basic magical power, enough to danmaku and fly, and create minor illusions [such as will-o-wisps]
> Good social skills; particularly at acting; lying and keeping cover. You are good enough at this to live among the humans without even Keine knowing. A Crow Tengu would be envious at your skills at infiltration.
> Highly co-ordinated with body movements
« Last Edit: December 01, 2015, 12:29:26 PM by Raikaria »

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2015, 02:05:53 PM »
Okay. Then I vote for... Mimi-chan.
If, for some reason, this choice is invalid, then for Wriggle Nightbug.

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2015, 02:09:46 PM »
>implying Mima is strong or even present to do anything

> If one Sword Quest is good, then two is better! This Kilgamyon's vote is for Youmu Konpaku.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Hope ♦ Metal

• Royal Flares Can't Melt Steel Beams
  • Donald Trump will make waifus real
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2015, 03:14:38 PM »
>Onozuka Komachi

« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2015, 04:52:39 PM »
My vote goes to Mokou-tan as well.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2015, 06:27:48 PM »
>Evil Eye Sigma

>If not allowed, I vote for YuugenMagan

>And if THAT is not allowed, I vote Yamame Kurodani.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2015, 06:30:03 PM by Evil_Nazgul0616 »

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2015, 12:03:15 AM »
Okay. Then I vote for... Mimi-chan.
If, for some reason, this choice is invalid, then for Wriggle Nightbug.

> Mimi-Chan
> ERROR: DATA NOT FOUND.

[Mimi-Chan only exists on the Marisa route and since it's canon Marisa has never beaten Reimu, which she would have to have done to encounter Yumemi, Mimi-Chan is non-canon]

> Wriggle Nightbug
> Species: Firefly Youkai
> Key Attributes
- Can speak Insect
- Despite her small stature and reliance on flight for most movement; has good leg strength
- Below-average intellect; although higher than characters such as Rumia. Below-average socially but not inept by any way
- Can magically create small firefly familiars. Their strength is in numbers.
- Can be mistaken for a male

>Onozuka Komachi

> Komachi Onozuka
> Species: Shinigami
> Key Attributes
- Slow and not very agile, but makes up for that with her ability. Not that physically strong, but she dosen't need to be.
- Average intelligence, bad social skills
- Lazy
- Broke
- As a Shinigami, she can see when people are 'due' to die.
- Her scythe is highly dangerous to spiritual beings such as Ghosts, as it is the job of a Shinigami's scythe to harvest the soul.
- Skilled sailor and swimmer
- Subordinate to Shiki Eiki.

>Evil Eye Sigma

>If not allowed, I vote for YuugenMagan

>And if THAT is not allowed, I vote Yamame Kurodani.

> Evil Eye Sigma [I could get into the whole 'EES is not canon' thing but SoEW extra is more of a 'what if' so it can be assumed Rika has EES Reimu just never fought it]
> Redirecting...
> Rika
> Species: Human
> Key Features
- Noticeably older than her SoEW appearance; just like Reimu is. Reimu was like; 8 back then.
- Very high intellect. Genius-level regarding technology.
- Incredibly bad social skills
- Loves explosions and science
- Hates Reimu and Youkai
- Has access to technology even the Kappa do not; such as Tanks and Evil Eye Sigma.
- Suffers mild insanity

> YuugenMagan
> Species: Demon
> Key Features
- When wanting to intimidate or is fighting seriously, reveals her true form of five distorted eyes.
- 'Casual' form is a traditional-looking, if a little off, middle-aged woman with yellow hair and five closed eyeballs which look suspiciously like Satori third eyes attached to chains around her belt.
- Subordinate to Sariel. Worships Shinki.
- Almost non-existent social skills due to location
- Knows literally nothing about Gensokyo
- If selected; starts off in Makai

>implying Mima is strong or even present to do anything

> If one Sword Quest is good, then two is better! This Kilgamyon's vote is for Youmu Konpaku.

> Youmu Konpaku
> Species: Half-Phantom
Key Features:
- Most skilled swordsperson in Gensokyo, and possibly the most skilled with ANY weapon in Gensokyo. [Sakuya being the rival for that title; Reisen if she somehow obtained a gun would also rival Youmu's skill level]
- Subordinate to Yuyuko; and by extension; Shiki Eiki
- Can move at speeds reaching half of lightspeed briefly. In very, very short bursts, she can even outrun Aya. [Although beyond anything more than the blink of an eye top-speed Aya catches up and overtakes]
- Great agility when moving at moderate or below speeds; horrible if moving in burst-speeds.
- Great dexterity
- Gardening skill
- The things her swords cannot cut are next to none, and include some metaphysical things like confusion. Only Roukanken can harm spirits. Youmu carries both with her at all times unless she MUST not carry her weapons [EG: If she goes into the Myouren Temple]
- Moderate social skills with living things; great with Netherworld residents; suffers from low self-confidence in matters which are not 'use my swords' or 'Do routine task Yuyuko asks'. 
- Slightly above average intellect simply as a byproduct of often hearing Yukari and Yuyuko talk.

[As for Mima she's on par with Reimu/Marisa/Yuuka. They're the playables in Mystic Square. Mima can fight Shinki and come out alive... maybe that's not the right word. Well... you know what I mean. She can fight Reimu and not get exterminated only briefly sealed. She TAUGHT Marisa.

Plus; who said Mima's even around :)]

[Current Votes:
Mokou: 3
Rumia: 1
Alice: 1
Rinnosuke: 1
Sekibanki: 1
Wriggle: 1
Youmu: 1
Komachi: 1
Rika/Evil Eye Sigma/YuugenMagan: 1 [Not sure which you're voting for in the end due to how EES is treated]

I'll probobly start some time Thursday, but may start Wednesday if the Mokou vote keeps going ahead as it is.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2015, 12:11:00 AM by Raikaria »

« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2015, 12:50:59 AM »
>The Saigoyu Ayakashi.
>Alternatively, Eirin.

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2015, 12:59:05 AM »
If there's a runoff, my vote transforms into Mokou.
[9:49:09] <Purvis> Generally not, but your mother may be an exception.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2015, 01:13:59 AM »
Solidify my vote as Rika/Evil Eye Sigma.

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2015, 06:18:45 AM »
Would vote Mokou over Rika I guess, but come on now, look at how adorable that Youmu description is. Let's help our cute little gardener get some self-esteem!

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2015, 06:43:58 AM »
Switch my vote from Alice to Mokou then.
Eh, being a anti-social loner is okay. But being an Immortal anti-social loner is better. Also, we get to kill Kaguya dead for being too strong to select reasons.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2015, 12:15:18 PM »
Well we have Mokou at 5 now. Which is 4 above the nearest [Nazgul was just saying which one he preferred]

So, I think that's where we call the vote off.

> The book wildly flicks pages until it settles on a page with a picture of Mokou and her emblem from the Grimoire of Marisa:

> The sigil then glows; and you are transported

> You are now Fujiwara no Mokou. You can view more detailed information than the preview.

> Your current location is within the Bamboo Forest of the Lost. You are in a small enclave [That you yourself made. Bamboo grows back so fast anyway]; having just woken up from sleeping on the dirt. There is a patch of ash upon the ground where the fire you made as a campfire last night was.

> At least you think it was last night. You kinda lose your sense of time when you are an immortal. For all you know you were asleep for days. Or five minutes.

« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2015, 04:02:14 PM »
> Examine detailed information.
> List inventory.
> Quickly retrieve arms from bamboo shoots.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2015, 04:56:17 PM »
> Examine detailed information.
> List inventory.
> Quickly retrieve arms from bamboo shoots.

> There is a lot of detailed information

> Inventory is some of it; so you check that first
> Clothing

> Well. That was a letdown

> Abilities
> Pyromancy
- You can create intense magical flames and control them. Such an ability is better known as 'Pyromancy' but everyone seems to call their abilities 'control of X' or 'ability to do Y' here. Your level of control over your flames is incredible; but there is one major note:
= You cannot extinguish or manipulate a fire once it switches from using your mana to burn to using natural resources. Generally this happens a couple of seconds after you stop focusing upon it. For example; if you throw a fireball and then leave the resulting flames to do something else, that fire can't be put out.
= The fuel for your created fires is your mana, until you let them go wild. Mana-Fuel fires burn at around 2,100 centigrade; around the heat of an oil-fire. If you have the natural fuel to do so, you can create hotter fires however. If you use a far greater amount of mana you can also create hotter flames, although the amount of mana increases at an exponential rate if you exceed 3000C. Your hottest flames are around 5000C; but using flames like that exhausts you to the point of collapse in mere seconds despite your incredible stamina and magical reserves.

> Flight
- You can fly with good agility and moderate speed. Using fire to propel yourself you can trade agility for speed.

> Physical combat expert
- Between your very long life, and almost daily deathmatches with Kaguya, you are easily the best martial artist in Gensokyo. The only reason some youkai could beat you in a fistfight is their sheer advantage in physical power.

> Hourai Immortality
- You regenerate minor wounds instantaneously, major wounds in a second or two, and resurrect from death in about five. You cannot sicken or age. Your immortality is complete to the point even the Shinigami; Kishin; Yukari or Yuyuko cannot kill you for good.

> Immense Stamina and Pain Tolerance

> Relations
- Kaguya Hoiuraisan: MORTAL ENEMY. To not be compulsed to fight her to the death on sight means some serious stuff is going on that is distracting you and her.
- Eirin Yagokoro: Neutral
- Keine Kamishirasawa: Friendly
- Rabbits of Eientei [Counting Reisen and Tewi]: Cares enough about to try and keep them out of crossfire.
- Human Village: Protective
- Lunarians: Hates, since if they did not exile Kaguya this whole mess wouldn't have happened. Not that you've met Lunarians except Eirin and Kaguya. You let Eirin off the hook since she's an exile too. You're a bit annoyed you didn't get asked to help deal with the Lunar Invasion Incident a few months ago. You'd have LOVED to burn the Lunar Capital.

Anyone not listed Mokou either doesn't know or doesn't care about.

> You look at your arms and sigh. The bamboo shoots cut them again because you kicked them down in a manner that gave them jagged tops, and they grew more overnight. You don't even notice the pain of the plants periceing the underside of your arms a little because of your tolerance. [That and the number of times you've had FAR WORSE done to you by Bamboo in fights with Kaguya.] Bamboo sure is presistant. You sit up and your arms come off the shoots, the small cuts healing before you even finish sitting up.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2015, 04:59:01 PM by Raikaria »

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2015, 05:02:06 PM »
>Recall most recent encounter with Kaguya.
>Remember anything interesting we did yesterday.

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2015, 05:20:32 PM »
> Check chest for usual growths.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2015, 07:00:24 PM »
>Recall most recent encounter with Kaguya.
>Remember anything interesting we did yesterday.

> Kaguya decided to rely mostly on her Fire Rat Robe yesterday. That one is annoying since it's power rivals that of your own. In the end you managed to close in and kick her into a bamboo thicket; snapping bamboo and causing your victory viva impalement. You lost the day before however, you didn't manage to close in on Kaguya that time.

> You spoke to a few of the Eientei Rabbits. Mostly about 'where is Kaguya'. You also saw that werewolf youkai sulking around. You remembered to eat yesterday.

> Check chest for usual growths.

> ...
> The thing about taking an elixir of eternity when you are young is that your body becomes eternally like it is at the time, give or take any side-effects of the elixir [Like your silver hair, as the elixir was designed for Lunarians, not humans]. You had not... developed when you drunk it. You were a late bloomer. You keep telling yourself that at least. It's a sore spot.

You have no usual growths. At least of note at all.

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2015, 11:52:14 PM »
>Wander the forest a bit.

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2015, 01:36:17 AM »
>and keep a lookout for lost kid(s) by the way, since that's our job

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2015, 12:54:53 PM »
>Wander the forest a bit.

> You wander the Bamboo forest a bit. You occasionally see a rabbit. They seem to be rushing towards Eientei in a hurry. A vast amount of the rabbits are shy and flee from you on sight anyway unless Tewi or Reisen are around, but these rabbits are running past you towards Eientei sometimes.

>and keep a lookout for lost kid(s) by the way, since that's our job

> It's not really your job; it's just a thing you do for Keine. She tells them to stay out of the forest anyway, but you always get the odd human who ignores her.

> You do not see any human children.

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
« Reply #29 on: December 03, 2015, 02:19:39 PM »
>Follow them rabbits