Author Topic: MAGFest more like BESTFEST - February 18-21, 2016  (Read 16630 times)

Jq1790

• Wow I'm back to playing this game.
  • Let's puzzle together again, Karin!
Re: MAGFest more like BESTFEST - February 18-21, 2016
« Reply #60 on: February 21, 2016, 06:56:04 PM »
I was quite saddened by no Protomen and especially by no Megas, bit it was good anyway as usual.

Definitely got my mileage out of last night though, capping it off with watching a friend of mine beat Metroid: Zero Mission at like 4:30am then going to sleep about an hour later whoooops...only to get up at 9 to get ready for the flight back to the wilderness. WORTH IT.   

Before that I also watched some Initial D playing and that was cool,  i think one of ours was playing but Im not sure.
If you're a Pazudora player and aren't on #puzzleandlibrarians, come join us!

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #61 on: February 21, 2016, 09:27:41 PM »
There were a number of 2hu and 2hu accessories on The D this weekend, including a surprise guest appearance by Pixel's father.

My contribution to the Metroid Marathon was the first 90 minutes or so of Other M, in which I was able to get to the research facility at the end of the first romp through Sector 1 whilst getting every obtainable item along the way. I HELPED \o/
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Jq1790

« Reply #62 on: February 21, 2016, 09:43:02 PM »
By the end they did finish it.  Dunno if they did any of the postgame stuff because a friend got done a Zero Mission run and it was like 4:30 am so we left.

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #63 on: February 21, 2016, 10:12:07 PM »
I watched the guy that solo-ran the first Prime 2 completion finish off the Other M epilogue, so yes, it all got done.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Jq1790

« Reply #64 on: February 21, 2016, 10:19:20 PM »
Oh good, a true all-clear then.  Good to know all the games got done by the emd of it all!

Reddyne

• Give me love and money. I have the rest already.
  • Love and money coming from you is what I need.
« Reply #65 on: February 22, 2016, 03:34:23 AM »
NO WAIT MAGFEST COME BAA-A-A-ACK!

TA-DAAAAAAA! 61 blood donations and counting! 
Best Mile: 5:30
Best 5k: 18:07
Best Marathon: 3:23:16

Jq1790

« Reply #66 on: February 22, 2016, 12:54:03 PM »
That's ok, it'll be back next year!  For a lot of you, time to get ready for Anime Boston.  For me, more like "time to prepare for Otakon" because AB is nooot viable this year due to trying to save up to get out of PA and back to NJ this summer or so but anyway.

Chebinger

• Never go full Seija.
« Reply #67 on: February 22, 2016, 06:37:34 PM »
AB is sadly a no-go for me, work picks up for me and we're extra busy over Easter anyway. Otakon might happen, it depends on how my funding is going because I'm moving out in May.

Monarda

• Tactician that has a soft spot for cuteness.
  • Art by Amibazh
« Reply #68 on: February 23, 2016, 05:45:20 PM »
I wonder how would i react if i saw another MotKer (meido isn't it ?) on a event like Magfest.
Probably crank shyness and nervousness to 11 and try to muster the courage to greet him or her and introduce myself.

triangles

• gotta stock up on dark matter
  • each pound of which weighs over 10,000 pounds
« Reply #69 on: February 24, 2016, 05:50:43 PM »
I'm like the biggest dork ever people should just come up to be like WOAH

For those of you who missed it, I have a recording of us playing Pokemon Center theme!  It's a bit of a comedy of errors as the violinist was sightreading and... well, you'll see.  But I wanted to get something uploaded so I can start advertising.  We were aiming to do this after last MAGFest but perfect was the enemy of good enough and now we're just going to :yolo: and record with a cellphone.

I recommend subscribing since we'll have actual stuff that was rehearsed quite a bit, in addition to some longer pieces that we didn't get to play at the con before the MAGPOLICE shut us down for "multiple noise complaints" which those of you who saw us or even watch the video can tell was a load of crap.

Reddyne

• Give me love and money. I have the rest already.
  • Love and money coming from you is what I need.
« Reply #70 on: February 24, 2016, 08:21:30 PM »
Server for the databases at work down for emergency maintenance whoops time to post online!

So here is my experience in a nutshell:
  • I got Keiji Inafune's autograph WOOOO! It was so worth waiting in line for 2 hours.
  • I am not as good at Initial D as I make myself out to be. I am, however, better than I could be.
  • Being an unofficial roadie was fun and worth the effort. I do have a couple recordings of you guys that might be worth taking a look at.
  • The key to surviving any convention is still enough sleep, food, and tending to your hygiene
  • Nearly everyone will hit an age where they are just not lured in by swag as much as they once were. Nostalgia never goes out of vogue though.
  • It's almost a shame that pinball machines are so few and far between now.
  • You can put 6 months into a costume and still be almost invisible at these things.
  • Don't stress yourself so much just to have fun. Spread out your work over time and over friends when appropriate.

Anyway the server thing is fixed now. Time for more work.

TA-DAAAAAAA! 61 blood donations and counting! 
Best Mile: 5:30
Best 5k: 18:07
Best Marathon: 3:23:16